• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 6:
1616696989008.png

Luigi-Clad Peach

Job 6.5:
I vote yes. The Zelda, Animal Crossing, and Splatoon content (Among others) was honestly a pleasant surprise to me, and the way they pulled it off was beautiful.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Job 6: Snazzy Bowser

This costume has two parts: the head parts (the glasses and combover) and the body parts (jacket, shirt, and shorts).
Job 6.5: Other. Let's bring back Link, Animal Crossing characters, and Inklings, but hold off on everything else until DLC. (In which case, I'm also down for non-Nintendo as long as it's kept to one or two characters).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 6 redux:

New Costume: Pit Crew Toad

EI0OMDDUYAAA34J.jpg

Seems thematically appropriate. Captain Toad btw is technically a completely different character from our classic Toad, hence why I didn't start with him as an alt costume.
I occasionally forget that they're different myself.

Job 6.5: Save the non Mario gang until DLC. That way they don't overtake the main premise of Mario Kart but are also a good incentive for people to grab that DLC.

I'd ideally prefer thematically appropriate(my term of the day) Nintendo drivers such as those who are more associated with vehicles of their own like Fox/Samus/Olimar/Captain Falcon to the likes of Link, Isabelle, Villager or the Fire Emblem gang but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
New costume: Cosmic Spirit (Rosalina)

Probably not the most iconic costume but it’s one that I’ve always want to see be used in some way. She could even have particle effects dancing about her as she drives.

Non-Mario Content: Yes but limited

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Job 6:
Meowser Jr.

Because he's adorable.

Job 6.5:
Guest characters and courses should be saved for DLC. Even things like Wuhu Loop and Maka Wuhu imo.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 6:
A Mr. L alt for Luigi could be interesting.

Job 6.5:
I want Falcon in a Mario Kart game, so yes to non-Mario content.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Quick question:

Since everyone thus far has picked a totally different character to alt...what do we do here?
Past jobs we've had competing ideas(battle mode, character picks, first track to be added, etc), but what's the plan for this round?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Our First Batch of Costumes has been accepted and we will be bringing back non-mario content but it will be DLC. and submissions are closed for that job

Job #7 Create a new standard race mode.
Create a new form of races that would go alongside Grand Prix's and Time Trials. THIS IS NOT A STORY OR CHALLENGE MODE SUBMISSION.

it can be wackier than grand prix/tt's though.

This is the last job for our reveal trailer.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Warp Pipe Relay:

In this game mode, the race starts off like normal...but there are Warp Pipes that can take you to one of two different tracks altogether, amounting to a total of 3 tracks overall, three per lap. These Warp Pipes can spawn anywhere on the map and includes the mode-exclusive Items called Insta-Pipes, which are colored Green, Red, and Blue, just like the Shells you know of. If you are in a Green Pipe Track, you can only get Red or Blue Insta-Pipes and the same rules apply to the other pipe tracks. Items like Koopa Shells and Fireballs can be thrown into Pipes too, which can lead to some extra-insane moments. For example, if you're racing in Rainbow Road 64, and you throw a Red Shell, that Red Shell can enter a Blue Pipe and hit somebody in Wario's Gold Mine. As for tracks with multiple laps like Baby Park, you must make 2 laps there for it to be considered 1 lap for the rest.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 7

Pitstop Prix
So if anyone want some realism to the Grand Prix I have the best idea for that

Pitstop Prix keeps the rules of the grand Prix bit adds some realism to the mix

By getting hit with items your karts takes damage, slowly losing peices to the kart, to repair it you need to find pit stops in the track and go their to repair your kart

Also for 150cc and over you also have feul you need to worry about, without feul you'll lose control and be vulnerable, to fix those you need to collect feul cans in the pit stops to fill your meter

I just wanted to add soem realism to this game

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Was going to submit a Competitive mode, but then I realized I'd rather just have the option to edit which items appear. I'll save that idea for later.
JOB 7: BACKWARDS MODE (150cc)
You know all those challenge videos of people attempting to beat X game backwards? Well, this is just that! With small edits here and there to make each course possible, you just play the tracks backwards! Like Mirror Mode, this is meant to mess with your muscle memory and keep the game fresh for a bit longer.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 7: Deathrun

The racers are split into two teams: One trapper and eleven racers.

The racers, as usual, must complete the course in three laps. If one racer wins, all of the racers win. No item boxes appear during the race.

The trapper doesn't actively race and instead has a bird's eye view of the course. There, they can select elements from a toolbar like in Super Mario Maker and place traps throughout the course in the path of the racers as they drive (the traps cannot be placed too close to the racer in the front, to ensure things are fair). If a driver hits certain traps, they will be eliminated from the round. The trapper wins when they eliminate all of the racers.

Some traps are more powerful than others. Every trap has a cooldown timer before it can be placed again; more powerful traps have longer cooldowns.
All traps have a limit to how many can be placed.

Here are some traps:

Banana (very short cooldown).
Barrel (very short cooldown. Does not eliminate racers.)
Pipe (very short cooldown. Does not eliminate racers.)

Oil slick (short cooldown).
Piranha Plant (short cooldown. Placed on edges of the track and chomp at racers).
Goomba (short cooldown).
Speed panel (short cooldown. Does not eliminate racers. Place these on thin paths for drivers to fly off of, or place near other traps).

Water Geyser (medium cooldown. Does not eliminate racers.)
Fire Bar (medium cooldown).
Thwomp (medium cooldown).

Chain Chomp (long cooldown. Can only be placed in certain off-road areas.)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 7: Gold Power Up Grand Prix

Slightly inspired by our brand new item, the Super Magnet and memories of Smash Bros. coin battle, I've decided to submit my pitch for a new race style; New Super Mario Bros. 2 style complete and utter excess!

Every driver races in a standard kart for this race. In this mode, the aim of the game is to gather as many coins as possible.
Each racer is given a designated 'target' opponent given to you that will spill out five diamonds(worth a whopping 50 coins each) each lap, although the target will swap over all three laps.
Items are still used as normal, and hitting an opponent will cause gold coins to spray out of their kart in the surrounding area, up to 50 coins per hit. Yes, your upgrades will be taken away if your coins are, so keep up that insane rich streak!
Additional coins are given for tricks over ramps, so make sure to perform those jumps right!

Try to pick up as many coins as possible to make the ULTIMATE Kart!

10 coins:
Mushroom fuel (5% faster max speed, turning + acceleration)
20 coins: + Cheep Cheep Submarine (for every second you spend under water you obtain an additional coin)
25 coins: + Parakoopa Glider (for every second you spend gliding you obtain an additional coin)
50 coins: + Spike Ball Wheels (30% heavier, does not affect acceleration or top speed...if you drive over a shrunk opponent(or are using a Mega Mushroom item in conjunction) you steal half of their coins!)
65 coins: + Dolphin Submarine (for every second you spend under water you obtain ten additional coins)
70 coins: + Lakitu Glider (for every second you spend gliding you obtain ten additional coins)
90 coins: + Shell Chasis (lose less coins if you get hit...apart from if ran over by someone with the Spike Ball Wheels)
100 coins: + Gold Mushroom fuel (25% faster max speed, turning + acceleration)
120 coins: + Spiked Shell Chasis (Can strike opponents simply be running into them!)
200 coins: + Super Magnet effect is added to your kart! You will now hoover those coins up as you travel!
300 coins: + Bullet Bill Fuel (50% faster max speed, turning + acceleration!)
400 coins: + Coin Box (The item from Mario Kart Tour returns here, spluttering out coins all around you permanantly. If you get this far, you deserve it! Yes, the Super Magnet you obtained at 200 coins will greatly help keep the momentum going!)
500 coins: + Gold Spiny Shell Chasis (You now travel above the ground preventing you from being able to be hit by the likes of bananas, goombas or sidesteppers. Green shells will also be avoided if travelling across the ground, but you can be knocked down by red shells, green shells that are thrown mid flight, bomb explosions, etc. Crashing directly into opponents will cause gold explosions which will rain down yet more coins. You also obtain five coins per second as you travel regardless of underwater or gliding, and yes these stack!)

777 coins: As unlikely as it is to get this amount of coins in a three lap race without being done in by the various items, I feel like we'd need a special reward for getting the lucky 7s. Maybe Gold Alts of each racer or the Gold Spiny Shell Kart as a regular kart(without it's added power up bonuses of course), but I'll let you all decide on that if this should happen to win.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Anyways, voting for 1. Knockout Race and 2. Ballistic Statistics.
Knockout Race because every kart racer I've played that has a Knockout mode is always really fun. Even somehow managed to make Team Sonic Racing a fun game.
Ballistic Statistics because it was really fun in Smash, so it should be really fun here as well.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So we have normal racing and Double Dash as a separate mode, or is the whole game played like Double Dash?
It is just a separate mode in addition to standard races, this is not replacing anything

Since we now have Double Dash mode, will we have to redo the scrapped partners job?
Maybe, Special Items will be handled on a case-by-case basis but somewhere down the line we could do a special partner specific job, but every character probably won't have a direct 1-to-1 partner.

This next task isn't a formal job but someone can submit a concept for a reveal trailer, this trailer should feature at least one thing from each of the first 7 jobs.

The next job will be up soon ™

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job #8

Submit 2 characters that are tied in some way

They can be 2 newcomers, 2 old characters or a newcomer and an old character. They will be voted in pairs, so if you can submit duplicate characters as long as they have a different partner.

Last edited:
Top Bottom