• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #8
Dribble and Spitz

While they may have some of the worst attendance statistics of the WarioWare cast, Dribble and Spitz are a charming duo with a devoted following and fun personality. They'd also bring more animal characters to the roster, something the official Mario Kart games have surprisingly little of. (excluding Koopas) A gruff yet gentle speed freak like Dribble would be a perfect fit into the world of Mario Kart, and Spitz is a cute enough character that casual fans unfamiliar with the Diamond City cast would still lap him up.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

Pianta and Noki

I've been playing sunshine and I belivre these two should be a cool pair of racers, like yoshi and shy guy they both have many different colors and even packable genders

Pianta would be heavyweight with a focus on handling but slower speeds and Noki would be light weight with faster speed but slippery controls

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 8:
Birdo and Wart:
1616970327458.png
1616970404377.png

Having Birdo return for Mario Kart Tour has put her in the spotlight as of late, and Wart not only has a dedicated following himself, but he made a surprising comeback as Mamu in Link's Awakening DX. The tie between these two is that they both debuted in Super Mario Bros. 2 (Or Doki Doki Panic for those living in Japan), and both serve as some of the more iconic enemies in the game. Having these two join the race would make SMB2 fans absolutely happy.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Job 8:
Birdo and Wart:
View attachment 309103View attachment 309106
Having Birdo return for Mario Kart Tour has put her in the spotlight as of late, and Wart not only has a dedicated following himself, but he made a surprising comeback as Mamu in Link's Awakening DX. The tie between these two is that they both debuted in Super Mario Bros. 2 (Or Doki Doki Panic for those living in Japan), and both serve as some of the more iconic enemies in the game. Having these two join the race would make SMB2 fans absolutely happy.
Shy Guy could also serve well as Wart's partner. Just in case we wanted to keep Birdo on Yoshi for the og factor.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 8: Pauline and Cappy

Two very significant characters from Super Mario Odyssey. I feel like they'd work great in a new Mario Kart title, especially if we end up putting a Power Moon as a special item for them later down the line. Even if that doesn't happen, I feel like these two would be very well recieved by fans of this new Mario Kart title.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
How closely related must the characters be? Kind of have a silly pairing brewing in my mind but it's as connected as Petey Piranha and King Boo were before Double Dash.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
How closely related must the characters be? Kind of have a silly pairing brewing in my mind but it's as connected as Petey Piranha and King Boo were before Double Dash.
I'd say for this particular job the connection should be pretty tight. King Boo and Petey Piranha I would not consider "Tied Together." if that helps

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 8:

Cackletta and Fawful.
600px-Cackletta.png
MLSS+BM_Art_-_Fawful.png

Hailing from the Beanbean kingdom, we have this troublesome pair from Mario + Luigi Superstar Saga.

Fawful is probably best known for his iconic "I HAVE FURY" line as well as being the most reoccurring antagonist in Mario + Luigi in total, being the secondary villain in Superstar and the ACTUAL main villain in Bowser's Inside Story. Incidentally, these two games are considered the best in the entire series.

I ummed and erred over whether I wanted Cackletta or Midbus as his partner as both have their merits, but decided to go with Cackletta in the end as the two of them could use a bean like item such as the Beanstar or the various Bean blends that raise stats.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Baby Rosalina & Lubba

1617003396317.jpeg

We already have Rosalina but we could always use more baby characters. I’m not a fan of the baby characters but they fit this theme to a T. Plus, unlike something like Baby Yoshi and Baby Birdo or Baby Wario and Baby Waluigi, these two contrast each other very well. One is a featherweight and one is a cruiser weight. One is light blue and one is purple.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #8
Geno & Mallow
E3413578-8469-4357-8CD0-0378E6BFFE25.png
5415ADD1-5016-40E7-BA17-8B90AC17B7CB.png

Geno and Mallow are the two new playable characters in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Geno is a star warrior from the Star Road sent by a higher authority to reclaim the pieces of the Star Road and joins Mario’s team to help defeat Smithy. Mallow is a (Spoiler) trying to find out who he really is and joins Mario’s team to help defeat Smithy and get the answers he has been looking for.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
cashregister9 cashregister9 Would it be OK if I change my Dribble and Spitz submission to the Wapeach/Warupichi and Wadaisy/Warudaisi fan designs I posted on Page 5? I understand you did say "probably not" about FCs hence why I wanted to check beforehand.

If I'm to provide a quick counterargument (albeit one that exclusively applies to these two characters) to your statement of there being lots of Mario lore not yet drawn from, a Wario version of Peach was considered but ultimately rejected for the N64 Mario Tennis meaning that, to an extent, Wapeach/Warupichi is a part of Mario history, even if she isn't canon.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
cashregister9 cashregister9 Would it be OK if I change my Dribble and Spitz submission to the Wapeach/Warupichi and Wadaisy/Warudaisi fan designs I posted on Page 5? I understand you did say "probably not" about FCs hence why I wanted to check beforehand.

If I'm to provide a quick counterargument (albeit one that exclusively applies to these two characters) to your statement of there being lots of Mario lore not yet drawn from, a Wario version of Peach was considered but ultimately rejected for the N64 Mario Tennis meaning that, to an extent, Wapeach/Warupichi is a part of Mario history, even if she isn't canon.
Yeah I'm sorry the fan character rule is still in place.

At least for this job, Warupeachi and Waruidaisy or anything like that I would allow later IF someone makes their own designs and art for them.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 8 Results

Dribble & Spitz Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 5
Pianta & Noki Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 5
Birdo & Wart GolisoPower GolisoPower 10
Diddy & Dixie cashregister9 cashregister9 19

Boom Boom & Pom Pom Otoad64 Otoad64 6
Pauline & Cappy Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 10
Baby Rosalina & Lubba Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 2
Geno & Mallow evanwoo10 evanwoo10 4

So I feel like this one was a bit unfair, so we will be adding a single racer from the 2 runner ups in addition to Diddy and Dixie

Job #8.5
Select one of the racers from each of these pairs to be added next.

Pair 1: Birdo or Wart
Pair 2: Pauline or Cappy

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 8 Results

Dribble & Spitz Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 5
Pianta & Noki Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 5
Birdo & Wart GolisoPower GolisoPower 10
Diddy & Dixie cashregister9 cashregister9 19

Boom Boom & Pom Pom Otoad64 Otoad64 6
Pauline & Cappy Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 10
Baby Rosalina & Lubba Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 2
Geno & Mallow evanwoo10 evanwoo10 4

So I feel like this one was a bit unfair, so we will be adding a single racer from the 2 runner ups in addition to Diddy and Dixie

Job #8.5
Select one of the racers from each of these pairs to be added next.

Pair 1: Birdo or Wart
Pair 2: Pauline or Cappy
Alrighty then...
Pair 1: Wart
Pair 2: Cappy

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Wart 4
Birdo 4

Pauline 3
Cappy 5

So uhhh, we are adding Cappy, This doesn't solve the Birdo and Wart problem, I will try to reset the poll, in the meantime here is job 9

Job #9 Submit ideas for special items.
For this one submit an idea for any special item, it can be tied to one or several characters or in can be tied to individual characters, after the submissions we will do a per character vote to see which idea fits the best for that character.

Top Bottom