• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Enigma Machine [1.1.1] Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
ganondorf's nair confirmed by reddit official patch notes to combo from dthrown here is what they said:
  • Nair completely changed. Hitboxes moved around. Initial hitboxes of hit 2 now do 10% from 9%, and 120 kbg from 100. Now combos off downthrow.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Ryu got an interesting change. They added a "delay" to his run if you do it backwards.

E.G, you're facing right. You want to Shakunetsu Hadoken. If you do it now, Ryu won't run backwards; he'll turn around and crouch, staying in place, so when the fireball comes out, Ryu doesn't move backwards at all. The same applies to motion Tatsu.

This only applies if you try to run backwards. Walking backwards has no delay.

M@v

Subarashii!
There are roughly 700 people looking at this thread last time I checked and rightly so...

This patch has potently changes so many things around, more attacks are safe on shield, yoshi's dair being bad (for your shield) Luigi salt, etc.

And all before an international tournament. THANKS SAKURAI!
Big House is running the previous patch. They announced it earlier in the week pre patch.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
So it seems that the Luma still can't attack whenever Rosalina gets thrown. This pretty much means that you have to throw Rosalina immediately if the Luma is still around.
But Luma can save Rosalina much easier compared to pre 1.1.1, right?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That really needs to not exist. It's legitimately broken and blatantly goes against one of the most fundamental aspects of the balance between offense and defense.
Just throw Rosalina instead of pummeling her. The Luma still can't attack while Rosalina is being thrown, so this change is not broken at all if you fight intelligently.

randomguy1235

Smash Apprentice
The new shield stun rework seems like a huge detriment to heavy characters frankly, as it becomes increasingly difficult to punish lighter, faster attacks... This is quite disheartening

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Ryu got an interesting change. They added a "delay" to his run if you do it backwards.

E.G, you're facing right. You want to Shakunetsu Hadoken. If you do it now, Ryu won't run backwards; he'll turn around and crouch, staying in place, so when the fireball comes out, Ryu doesn't move backwards at all. The same applies to motion Tatsu.

That sounds clunky as heck... Actually, you sure it's not the controller messing with you?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Just throw Rosalina instead of pummeling her. The Luma still can't attack while Rosalina is being thrown, so this change is not broken at all if you fight intelligently.
This has always been the case. What they removed a while ago was Luma being able to hit opponents out of their THROW ANIMATION.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Why should Rosalina be the only character in the game who can't/shouldn't be pummeled?

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
That sounds clunky as heck... Actually, you sure it's not the controller messing with you?
The delay's not too long. I just noticed since Ryu wasn't dashing backwards when doing a Shakunetsu Hadoken, compared to when I was testing Ryu's frames in previous patches. I tested several times to make sure it wasn't just placebo.

Emblem Lord Emblem Lord can help me confirm this since he mains the character.

Last edited:

Dogmaster

Smash Cadet

Could it be to try and make his commands easier to perform or harder to get wrong?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But Luma can save Rosalina much easier compared to pre 1.1.1, right?
Not while she's being thrown. As such, even though the Luma can now perform tilts whenever Rosalina gets grabbed, that won't change anything if the fighter who grabbed Rosalina throws her right off the bat.

Last edited:

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
Does the increased shield stun also mean you can't *move* your shield either? Like if you're stuck in Lucario's Aura Sphere, you can't even move the shield away so that you get poked instead of broken? I can't imagine Sakurai was envisioning aura sphere to have guaranteed shield breaks.

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
Why should Rosalina be the only character in the game who can't/shouldn't be pummeled?
Any explanation would be arbitrary. There's no actual reason Rosalina gets to be that special snowflake other than that this is Smash Bros., not a game meticulously and exclusively balanced around genre conventions and competition.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Has anyone checked out Dedede's Gordos yet?
From what I understand, and I may be wrong, the data is placed in a different place than most projectiles.

Dogmaster

Smash Cadet
Posted on Reddit, at work so cant verify:

/u/Fils-A-Rek
Haven't seen this posted, so here:

The Replay system was updated overnight and now has a Highlight Reel for replays. It acts similar to Mario Kart 8's, but with less options. Very useful if your replays are over 3 Minutes.

It shortened a 1:43 replay down to around 0:47 and seems to focus on when KOs happen and when a lot damage is dealt.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
The tourney additions are true. Battlefield is an option for For Fun and For Glory in tournament mode only, and there is a "Platforms Only" option in this mode. The actual For Fun mode is completely unchanged as far as I can tell, aside from the obvious additions of the new stages.

If someone wants to infract me for spouting out this information, boot up the game and check out the new rooms yourself.
Followup question: is platforms only just how they present Battlefield only, or is it something different? If it's different, then what is it?

Probably because she's the only puppet fighter in the game. Couldn't the Ice Climbers do something similar if you didn't account for Nana?

Mr. Bulldops

Smash Rookie
Because Smash Bros isn't the serious fighter you thought it to be. Why does Little Mac get a KO punch Why does Lucario get stronger with more damage? Why does Palutena get all these unique customs? Why video games?

Dogmaster

Smash Cadet
Followup question: is platforms only just how they present Battlefield only, or is it something different? If it's different, then what is it?

Probably because she's the only puppet fighter in the game. Couldn't the Ice Climbers do something similar if you didn't account for Nana?

People on reddit are speculating it is a sort of hazards toggle, cant verify atm.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I don't get it, hasn't Luma always been able to attack you out of a pummel? As long as it doesn't affect throws with long animations (Mewtwo's up throw and forward throw, Charizard's down throw, for example), it shouldn't be anything different.

Saviorr

Smash Cadet
it has always counted as a combo in training, but the ppl can still act out of it, its not a true combo, training just registers it as such (training lies sometimes).
What? Training lies?
I always thought that training mode recognizes a true combo when you can get another hit before the hitstun is over.
Is this just for mewtwo or are there other characters that training mode lies about?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
What? Training lies?
I always thought that training mode recognizes a true combo when you can get another hit before the hitstun is over.
Is this just for mewtwo or are there other characters that training mode lies about?
Floor bounces from grounded meteors, I think, and anything that inflicts sleep, stun, bury, freeze, and the like since the dummy won't mash out.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
The delay's not too long. I just noticed since Ryu wasn't dashing backwards when doing a Shakunetsu Hadoken, compared to when I was testing Ryu's frames in previous patches. I tested several times to make sure it wasn't just placebo.

Emblem Lord Emblem Lord can help me confirm this since he mains the character.
what am i testing?

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Does this mean that Palutena's forward smash is near unpunishable now? Shield stun + windbox?

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
So looking at the Dantarion changelist, Sheik herself received no significant changes outside of the universal back roll/airdodge/get up attack nerfs, and some random change to Light Arrow, but it also seems that her Needle Storm has been adjusted in some way. Do we know what happened there?
I'd like to re-poke this. It may be important. Although, looking at the data, it doesn't seem like it's that significant...

NarayanK

Smash Cadet
Does this mean that Palutena's forward smash is near unpunishable now? Shield stun + windbox?
Any Smash attack apparently lands more shieldstun upon hit. The windbox would definitely help.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
what am i testing?
Perform a Shakunetsu Hadoken or a motion Tatsu. Ryu should stay and place and not run backwards at the start anymore.

You main the character so I figured you'd notice something different. I'm pretty sure this isn't just me.

Last edited:

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Do they not understand that nerfs make the game feel less fun for the people that play the affected characters? Unless something is legit broken or overly problematic, they should focus more on making the more overlooked characters viable.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Why should Jigglypuff die when her shield is broken? Some characters just have unique advantages or disadvantages. Smash is not a game of perfect equality.

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
Doesn't mean it should be like that, you shouldn't have to take out another character (that already makes projectlies completely useless 99% of the time) just to use pummel.
You do realize, once you take out Luma, Rosalina is extremely bad? Her fully charge smashes don't even take around 15% without luma, She has no kill power without luma, she can't do half her moveset without luma, and she's extremel floatly, light, and has no combos into throws without luma.

Taking out Luma is more than just giving you pummel abilities. Rosa is fine where she is.

Wizpiggleton

Smash Rookie
*sees shield stun increase*
*celebrates*
*remembers needles are a thing*
HELLO WELCOME TO SHIEK TOWN HOW MAY I HELP YOU? :4sheik:
I'm not sure if needles benefit that much more. It also really depends on how fast you recover from the move. random hits will most likely not benefit you the shield stun doesn't stack anyways. Needle storm close range maybe?

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Big House is running the previous patch. They announced it earlier in the week pre patch.
I would love it if some Luigi main destroys everyone, as a last goodbye to that fella's broken grab followups.

Mr. Bulldops

Smash Rookie
Luma respawns, Nana doesn't. Also SoPo was one of the worst characters in the game, Rosalina isn't nearly as crippled with the loss of Luma. It's absolutely absurd that she's allowed to take away yet another offensive option on what might be the best defensive character in the game. And what about the characters who want to pummel for damage because it's hard to get in on Rosa? I know I and the other Yoshi players are not going to enjoy the fact that all we get now is 7% off a grab instead of what damage pummels gave us.
Luma gets killed by a dash attack from almost anyone in the game if it's on the wrong part of the stage. Nana has a whole AI designed around survival and the ability to shield, grab+throw, airdodge, and use items.

If you're going to compare the two then you should be fair and list all advantages and disadvantages, not just the ones that benefit you now that you don't have the Ice Climbers to complain about. Work to separate the two if you want pummel damage. You're dealing with a tall lightweight, it's not as though they'll be living to high percentages unless you let them or if they just outplay you.

Nexelon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nexelous
Nope this was the case last iteration too, training mode is lying too you. M2 doesnt have frame advantage after side b
He doesn't? Yikes.. I can't seem to find anything noticeable about him. Looks like, Mewtwo hasn't been touched either. The only thing I noticed is that Samus' aerials gotten better and Ganon's Nair got a damage buff

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it, if something isn't unbeatable by most of the cast or doesn't rocket the character up to top tier, why nerf it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom