• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Enigma Machine [1.1.1] Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReroRero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blackquill
So looking at the Dantarion changelist, Sheik herself received no significant changes outside of the universal back roll/airdodge/get up attack nerfs, and some random change to Light Arrow, but it also seems that her Needle Storm has been adjusted in some way. Do we know what happened there?
Airdodge and back roll nerf ?

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Villager is probably an ultra winner of this patch lol, slingshot just got a WHOLE lot safer on shields, same with side-b
And in turn it made Gunner's F-Air safer as well and also gives Gunner a lot more shield pressure set-ups with charge shot and missiles.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Just as a note for Shaya Shaya on archiving the front page. " [(damage / 1.8)+3] over (damage/2.56)" sounds like one gigantic formula. I checked the comments for clarification. But for future reference "instead of" would be clearer.

Also, these changes are hype. I think making shields more risky will encourage more aggressive play. With a number of characters having aerial confirms to kill moves, I don't know how effective pseudo circle camping will ever get. But I suppose the metagame will show it's results sooner or later.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Despite shieldstun being increased, ZSS' dsmash is now -7 on shield (used to be -3). The frame data on the move is the same as before which means the shieldstun on it got somehow almost completely removed. A noticeable nerf to its shield safety. This may be hard to find in the data dumps but anyone with access to 1.1.0 (or prior) and 1.1.1 should be able to confirm.

EDIT: maybe active frames decreased by 4 but that should've showed up

Last edited:

Pando

Smash Rookie
NNID
PandoSJ
If I'm reading Dantarion's data right (I might not be, but the framedata matches) it looks like Peach got a buff to Toad, assuming that's what SpecialN is.

IASA frame was changed from 65->63, and the active frames for the Toad counter were changed from 11-32 to 10-35

Other neutral B customs had their IASA frame reduced to 63 as well.

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
All they fixed with Zelda were two customs that nobody uses. Lol. So bad. :(
I think you have that a bit backwards. They fixed the customs because nobody used them.

Also I'm naively yet blissfully amused at how seething several people seem to be that shield lag is ending up similar to melee now.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Worth noting that all this extra shieldstun does nothing to an opponent who shieldgrabs, jumps, spotdodges, or rolls out of shield, since all of those actions can be done when shieldstun starts.

Yay, further exacerbating the problem of rolling.

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Despite shieldstun being increased, ZSS' dsmash is now -7 on shield (used to be -3). The frame data on the move is the same as before which means the shieldstun on it got somehow almost completely removed. A noticeable nerf to its shield safety. This may be hard to find in the data dumps but anyone with access to 1.1.0 (or prior) and 1.1.1 should be able to confirm.
ZSS D-smash in 1.10:

20 Frame Start-up, 21 frames of lag, 41 frames total, 8 frames of opponent shieldlag, 0 frames of self shieldlag, 4 frames of shieldstun, -3 vs shield drop, -10 vs OOS.

ZSS D-smash in 1.11:

20 Frame Start-up, 21 frames of lag, 41 frames total, 1 frame of opponent shieldlag, 0 frames of self shieldlag, 7 frames of shieldstun, -7 vs shield drop, -14 vs OOS.

It might be 0 frames of opponent shieldlag and 8 frames of shieldstun, a bit hard to tell. But the shieldstun wasn't removed, it actually increased; the shieldlag was just removed.

Nexelon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nexelous
Tested Ryu, he seems unchanged. I think Mewtwo's side B was changed a little that now he's able to follow up up tilt.

EDIT: His Side B can now follow up a little more easier? Side B to Side Tilt is a combo.

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Worth noting that all this extra shieldstun does nothing to an opponent who shieldgrabs, jumps, spotdodges, or rolls out of shield, since all of those actions can be done when shieldstun starts.

Yay, further exacerbating the problem of rolling.
...uh...no? With shieldstun, you're stuck in shield until the shieldstun ends. You can't perform ANY actions at that point. It's why you can't drop shield against Lucario's aura sphere charge now, for example.

Skiji

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sky-Guy777
3DS FC
5370-0985-7757
So...did everybody get what they wanted with Luigi? Down-throw to Cyclone is no longer an easybake kill option. I'mma still be in the lab to see what I can do with Luigi, but only after I get some info with Charizard.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Tested Ryu, he seems unchanged. I think Mewtwo's side B was changed a little that now he's able to follow up up tilt.

EDIT: His Side B can now follow up a little more easier? Side B to Side Tilt is a combo.
Nope this was the case last iteration too, training mode is lying too you. M2 doesnt have frame advantage after side b

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, I'm dumb and having a hard time mentally picturing the impact the changes to the shield stun will have. Characteristically speaking, who are the biggest winners and losers because I keep hearing mixed things?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
...uh...no? With shieldstun, you're stuck in shield until the shieldstun ends. You can't perform ANY actions at that point. It's why you can't drop shield against Lucario's aura sphere charge now, for example.
I was actually just about to post how I thought this was not the case anymore after testing. It was about canceling shield pushback when I was testing Mac stuff a while back; my mistake.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Old invulnerability vs. New invulnerability?
That matches up with some backward rolls but not airdodges, is the thing. Wario's airdodge is invincible from 3 to 25. I'd expect the number changed to be 23 (number of invincibility frames) or 26 (frame when invincibility ends) in that case.

Last edited:

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
So, I'm dumb and having a hard time mentally picturing the impact the changes to the shield stun will have. Characteristically speaking, who are the biggest winners and losers because I keep hearing mixed things?
IMO Ryu being even safer on shield and possessing like things Red Fireballs and a now inescapable collarbone breaker he probably benefits a lot.

Last edited:

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
How does the shield stun affect Ganons attacks does this mean he'll be harder to punish his slow attacks and since his attacks do a lot of damage does this mean he'll be viable?

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
How does the shield stun affect Ganons attacks does this mean he'll be harder to punish his slow attacks and since his attacks do a lot of damage does this mean he'll be viable?
He will be harder to punish on shield, yes. Will it make him viable. Maybe. It's hard to determine at this point.

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
I think everyone wins in varying levels.

Heavyweights win because their single accidental smash attack on shield won't ultimately end up in them getting chained to death any more, and they can maybe follow-up or at least retreat if they goof. Hard hitting moves will naturally have a boatload more shieldstun.

Any character with rapid-hitting moves also win, for obvious chain-stun reasons. Whether or not this results in a lot of shield breaks stands tournament testing, but I think they'll ultimately break (rimshot) even.

Any character with middling or low powered hits, while still safer than before, are significantly less threatening against shield than the other two groups.

I said it previously, but Shiek may ultimately have been "hit the hardest" (in reverse??) by this. She won't get as big a reward on shield as heavy-hitters, which to me says (optimistically) that she's been "nerfed" because the game mechanics changed.

At least, in theory. Again, we need actual tournament results to get a better sense of what these changes mean for the cast; but until proven otherwise this means heavies have a much easier time approaching shielded opponents. With that said, heavy vs heavy fights will be... weird.

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Since my old frame data sheet is way outdated, even for 1.10, I'm gonna be putting together a new one. The old one will still be there so you can better compare the shield numbers as I update the new one.

Currently only has Link, will hopefully have Ryu and Marth there by the end of today as well.

Last edited:

Skiji

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sky-Guy777
3DS FC
5370-0985-7757
He will be harder to punish on shield, yes. Will it make him viable. Maybe. It's hard to determine at this point.
So, would Charizard's Flare Blitz be harder to punish? I'd test this myself, but I'm not near my Wii U or 3DS.

12.5voltSenpai

Smash Rookie
NNID
MasterHector
3DS FC
3308-4758-8536
:4bowser:Bowser | Wed 00:22 |
  • Fireball (N-Special ?)
    • Initial hit damage increased 5% → 6%
    • Initial hitbox base 25 → 35, size 4 → 5
    • Initial hit duration increased from 15 → 20 frames
    • Weaker hit damage 3.5% → 5%, size 3.5 → 5
  • Neutral Air damage on hits increased 5% → 6%
| ★

Bowser's "Fireball" is N-Special 2.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
So, would Charizard's Flare Blitz be harder to punish? I'd test this myself, but I'm not near my Wii U or 3DS.
Not near mine either but I would assume it would be harder to punish in theory. It's effect are harder to determine on paper.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If this hasn't been mentioned already, I'd like to point them out. All of the information below came from Smash 3DS, but I have yet to test them on Smash Wii U.

:rosalina: Rosalina
  • Rosalina's multi-hit combo (the Jab) now deals either 1% damage or 2% damage per hit. Training mode states that the damage output is 1%.
  • As for Guardian Luma, it now has only one hitbox that deals 5% damage, and offers mostly vertical knockback. The knockback has also been buffed, as it KO'd Mario at most Smash 3DS Omega Form stages once his current damage was at 269%.
    • However, at the 3DS Omega Form Super Mario Maker stage, Mario got KO'd by Guardian Luma once his current damage was at 253%, which may mean that the blast zones for the Super Mario Maker stage are exactly the same between the 3DS and Wii U versions.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

Heavyweights win because their single accidental smash attack on shield won't ultimately end up in them getting chained to death any more, and they can maybe follow-up or at least retreat if they goof. Hard hitting moves will naturally have a boatload more shieldstun.

Any character with rapid-hitting moves also win, for obvious chain-stun reasons. Whether or not this results in a lot of shield breaks stands tournament testing, but I think they'll ultimately break (rimshot) even.

Any character with middling or low powered hits, while still safer than before, are significantly less threatening against shield than the other two groups.

I said it previously, but Shiek may ultimately have been "hit the hardest" (in reverse??) by this. She won't get as big a reward on shield as heavy-hitters, which to me says (optimistically) that she's been "nerfed" because the game mechanics changed.

At least, in theory. Again, we need actual tournament results to get a better sense of what these changes mean for the cast; but until proven otherwise this means heavies have a much easier time approaching shielded opponents. With that said, heavy vs heavy fights will be... weird.
Shiek doesn't need to shield as much as heavies (or anyone else) do. How do you come to the conclusion?

Shield stun being buffed makes zoning and dominant neutral games more oppressive.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord

Bowser Bomb confirmed even stupider on shield? I wonder if the rising horn bash confirms into the ground pound on shield now? Oh by the way, Dash Slash autocancel into silliness on shield. Be afraid.

Flamecircle

Smash Apprentice
I believe it'll affect heavies the least, as it's a linear shieldstun buff.

The biggest winners are those with quick and weak moves.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Shiek doesn't need to shield as much as heavies (or anyone else) do. How do you come to the conclusion?

Shield stun being buffed makes zoning and dominant neutral games more oppressive.
Cause her shield pressure is already pretty much perfect so you can't really make it any better.

Newbarktown

Smash Cadet
Not near mine either but I would assume it would be harder to punish in theory. It's effect are harder to determine on paper.
I don't really think it's a theory, it will be harder to punish; it's a high damage move. Even still, it's not very safe on shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom