• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Yes I have heard the name but I have never heard any of his stuff or seen him live. Do you know Otis Murphy? He is a phenomenal alto player as well. He teaches at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN.
Buy some albums of his. His playing is amazing. Real nice lines that you can really listen to. I haven't heard of Otis Murphy but I'm going to assume he is extremely good if he teaches at IU. Jw, where do you go to school?

Calebyte

Smash Lord
A lot dude. A lot. Work is busy, I was in Vegas 2 weeks ago for a conference, now I'm in New York for a freelance gig. **** got crazy real fast this year. Hoping to become more active again in the fall.

How the hell are you guys doing? :)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
A lot dude. A lot. Work is busy, I was in Vegas 2 weeks ago for a conference, now I'm in New York for a freelance gig. **** got crazy real fast this year. Hoping to become more active again in the fall.

How the hell are you guys doing? :)
Glad to hear things are going well for you, dude!

I'm going to my first tourney in 3 months, tomorrow, lol.

And we've got a Xat. I'm tryna hold a meeting with every Mario I can grab today at 9 pm EST, actually...I'm sure everyone would be glad to talk to you again, lol.

steep

Smash Lord
I go to school at Ball State Inferno.

Yo Caleb! good to see ya! We should go to some tourneys together this fall.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I gave it up since I don't really play smash anymore and as a result kind of stopped caring for anything but the social aspect, AKA threads like this and the occasional tournament if it also features MVC3.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
How long will you be in NY Cale? There's a tourney this weekend happening in LI. Hope you're enjoying work bruh.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys, who's the Mario player TC? I started to play him at Genesis, but had to stop about a stock in cuz they needed to start tournament matches.

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been here for 10 days, I've been in Spain on vacation.
I was going to tell you guys, but SWF was down for maintenance when I wanted to lol.
Anything interesting happened?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Hey guys, get on Xat more and you may have a rare chance to play me on WiFi. I'm still getting used to the game and using it to help my friend warm up for a tournament. Fire! is playing us right now, it's a really really rare opportunity to beat my *** over WiFi so I would get on that. But I will only play you if you get on the Xat. So be there. ;)

I will be on at random times throughout the week. Don't know when those times will be, so it's best to just check in whenever if you want to play me. I will be recording all the replays I remember to and giving them to FireMario for DTMIV, provided they have clips of Marios in. (And those Marios are signed up for DTMIV)

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, get on Xat more and you may have a rare chance to play me on WiFi. I'm still getting used to the game and using it to help my friend warm up for a tournament. Fire! is playing us right now, it's a really really rare opportunity to beat my *** over WiFi so I would get on that. But I will only play you if you get on the Xat. So be there. ;)

I will be on at random times throughout the week. Don't know when those times will be, so it's best to just check in whenever if you want to play me. I will be recording all the replays I remember to and giving them to FireMario for DTMIV, provided they have clips of Marios in. (And those Marios are signed up for DTMIV)
OPPORTUNITY! Imma try to check it out as much as I can.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Based on the stream they had from Comic-con, UMVC3 looks pretty awesome. Wolverine still looks gay, but at least they still nerfed his beserker slash. Now if we can nerf dive kick all will be good.
My entire team is getting buffed though :D

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm just happy Phoenix's airgame got nerfed
I'm waiting to see how that affects DP though, because she had a lot more BS that needs to be addressed than that. At least that hurt her, and there's the X-factor nerf, but until I see actual numbers on the latter as well as something *Hopefully* done to her feathers, I'm still worried. That ***** is dumb.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sentinel's assist got a speed buff, and I've heard he as a character got several nerfs and a couple buffs, but I don't know the specifics.
Supposedly Zero had a couple changes too but I don't know the specifics yet.

Sent wasn't all that bad though. The main problem was how good his assist was (Controlled like 1/2 the screen for quite a while.). While it's now faster, it also means the missiles won't be on screen for as long, so that may actually be a nerf.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I agree which is why im upset they are going to nerf him. If he ends up being bad I might pick up strider

:phone:
Well I heard something mentioned about slower fly but faster movespeed, but I didn't really notice any big changes to him while watching the stream.

Also I really hope Wesker's Magnum gets nerfed. That thing is stupidly fast.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
What you guys think about the recent downloaded characters for mk9? (mortal kombat 9)
Not bad (Scarlet, Kenshi/Rain those who didn't know) but they'll be banned in tournaments. You have to understand why though (since they're new, the community will find ways to win @any/all costs such as infinite) C-dub. Until they confirm those new dlc has "safe" then they'll remain banned. I'm not gonna lie though, if only Mario's F.L.U.D.D. had Rain's powers.. I'd be mad happy

Top Bottom