• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
HipHop isn't bad per se. It's just that most HipHop "artists" completely lack all kinds of talent.

:059:

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Freakin' Yes. Mario Mafia. Let's go.

HipHop isn't bad per se. It's just that most HipHop "artists" completely lack all kinds of talent.
Agreed, but only radio artists.

T-Pain's can spit fire when he wants to.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Larry got this.

And chat Mafia is worse imo. We'd all have to commit to a time to do that.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
idk. He never said yes, but he never said no, lol.

He just commented that he liked the video.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Actually my advice on buying a fightstick is to wait until around Christmas when Madkatz has their 2 for 1 special on TEs, then you can just get one for each console so you never have a problem of needing one for a particular console. Or if that isn't an issue you can just get two and sell one later. :/

Or you could get a free Wii fightstick in case you play TvC or something.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sad to see a region as legit as SoCal completely undermining the value of their competition like this *smh*

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
But has SoCal really have a real MK Problem? I typically see 3 - 3 1/2 MK players in the top 8, which really should be the standard in any tourney imo. Neither the placings of the players will change drastically, nor is it necessarily going to show how the absence of MK is going to increase the diversity among the characters used.

I'm stricktly against banning MK but I can see the benefit of banning him if he just "destroys" a tourney scene but SoCal is not a region I'd associate with that.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I don't think it is usually about banning him because he destroys a tourney scene. The fact of the matter is that without MK involved the metagame is completely different. It essentially becomes a different tournament, and it's something that every region should at least try.

Honestly, I would like to attend a MK banned tournament, it seems fun. I don't even care if he's banned permanently or not, I just wanna try one.

That reminds me that I've never lost a low tier tournament.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think it is usually about banning him because he destroys a tourney scene. The fact of the matter is that without MK involved the metagame is completely different. It essentially becomes a different tournament, and it's something that every region should at least try.
I don't think that MK-banned side-events are a bad idea in regions where MK is overly dominant. I still think improving the rules and fixing its flaws should always go before banning a character for good. The USA has quite a lot of catching up to do in that regard imo.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
People are just trying it because it's an idea. If they like it more than their usual tournaments it will become mainstream. If not, tournaments will remain with MK. It's honestly a much better idea than flat-out banning Meta Knight and saying he can't be used anywhere.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sad to see a region as legit as SoCal completely undermining the value of their competition like this *smh*

I don't really see it that way. People here are pretty versatile and just want to try new things for the sake of trying them. Tyrant likes having Random money matches, and not too long ago we had an items side event at one of Mikehaze's tournies.

Top Bottom