• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Actually my advice on buying a fightstick is to wait until around Christmas when Madkatz has their 2 for 1 special on TEs, then you can just get one for each console so you never have a problem of needing one for a particular console. Or if that isn't an issue you can just get two and sell one later. :/

Or you could get a free Wii fightstick in case you play TvC or something.
Do they do that every year?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Doesn't the US have the best MK's in the world though? @ Gheb.

We may be behind in rule changes and the like (I agree, but my rule/stage ideology is pretty liberal overall) but it's hard to argue that the MK's most people run into are probably better than any other area in the world.

****, even a region considered as laughable as the MW has Ally and M2K living here for stretches of time. Michigan alone is an MK haven. Enough that they can't fight easier characters like Wolf or Yoshi.

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's subjective and needs to be backed up by empirical evidence first. Whether america has the best MKs in the world or not remains to be seen. In the same hand I could argue that the opposition to MK is stronger in any major region in the world other than the USA [which is likely easier to back up tbh].
And idk what you try to say with your last paragraph. Wolf fairs solidly enough against MK to not be held back by him noticeably - keep in mind that Wolf's rise in the metagame happened under the same conditions as the MK issues re-surface again. Yoshi on the other hand is 100% irrelevant to our metagame and whether he fairs well in region X or not means nothing.

:059:

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I know how to handle this, lol

I also need to get a vid blogged by Smash World Forums.

SKidd

Smash Master
This is analogy for MK: Shuttle loop, kind of a bad move, I'd recommend using jab more than it.

Anyway, went to a fest today, did the inverted ledge grab cape glitch to a wolf somehow!
... Then I bair'd him, and we paused and he was like 'Wtf?' and I was like 'OMGGGGGGGGGG DAMNIT'

And another thing: I ****ing hate WiFi! I'm gonna stick to offline practice.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
Unless you're having regular (weekly, bi-weekly or monthly at least) smash-fests, then I'd suggest playing those better than you on wifi (helps both ways knowing what works/doesn't) until tourney time. Glad you had a great time!

steep

Smash Lord
Sorry guys, I would comment on what's going on on this page, but I'm still stunned by the fact that A2Z is alive.

link2702

Smash Champion
I've never once got to face a good/decent mario main, not saying they dont' exist...i've just literally never ran into one.

Even though i'm not in the competitive scene anymore, so i'm probably REALLY bad now compared to how i was in 09, would anyone here be willing to face me? ya its lolwifi but anyway, i'd just like to see how a good/decent mario player plays since i hardly run into ANYONE that uses him, both when i went to offline tournaments, and even wifi.

send me a PM for a time when ya'll can(but not right at this moment cuz i'm going back to sleep @_@ fell asleep at around 5am, i'm tired, idk why i woke up and couldn't sleep about 2 hours ago, but im tired enough to sleep again now.)

preferably sometime after 5pm central time would be good for me.

link2702

Smash Champion
<.< wasn't really a call out or challenge least not in the way ya'll are thinking i'd just like to seriously see how a good mario player plays, thats all, since i don't see ANYONE using him, good or bad, i've never ran into one, just like i've never ran into a yoshi player at all, or a ness.

it's one of those matchups i never encounter. <.<;

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Im on mobile and cant see the stuff like join date, post count, brawl fc, location n all that under your name when you post, so I dunno your fc.

I also checked ur profile, but didnt see it there.

So yeah, post your fc for me?

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
<.< wasn't really a call out or challenge least not in the way ya'll are thinking i'd just like to seriously see how a good mario player plays, thats all, since i don't see ANYONE using him, good or bad, i've never ran into one, just like i've never ran into a yoshi player at all, or a ness.

it's one of those matchups i never encounter. <.<;
Hey, i'm just messing with you broskie. =]

I'll be honor to play you as well.
You can play my bro matador first.

link2702

Smash Champion
ah....kk well my FC is 3051-6992-7595

don't expect much; as i said i've been out of the brawl scene for over 2 years now.

I do however seriously wanna see a good mario player so even if i don't stand a snowflakes chance in hell at least i'll get to see how he's played.

then i just gotta find a yoshi and ness player.

look for someone named Keeta.

link2702

Smash Champion
e_o damn....i asked to face a good mario main....definatly got what i asked for...

you walked all over my pit like it was nothing...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
GGs dude, thanks for playing me.

If it means anything, Pit beats Mario, especially in a normal tourney set. He ***** Mario on Brinstar and RC, lol.

Just play passive and abuse those disjoints and your jab. They are INCREDIBLY annoying for Mario to deal with.

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Can some one please explain to me what "buffer" means? I see people talking about buffering a certain move but I don't know what exactly what buffer means. Thank you in advance!

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
It's like inputting your next move before the animation of your last move ends.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'm still gonna do video critiquing guys, but this mic is taking way longer than it should to get.

And by mic, I mean job so I can afford a mic. It doesn't help that I start school tomorrow either. :/

Top Bottom