• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

steep

Smash Lord
I got second in dubs yesterday at GP Affairs 4. Makin' $$$. Used Luigi/Mario the whole way through (and yes, i DID use Mario)

Got really unlucky in bracket though. I had to play Hilt (:olimar:) first round, and it was close but he still beat me. 2-0. >:(

And then I had to play Squid (:olimar: again) in losers bracket. He whooped me game 1, I beat him game 2 with a nice shoryuken with Luigi, and he beat me game 3 in a last hit, last stock game. I hate fighting Olimar.

steep

Smash Lord
Easy, huh? I don't think so. I play Olimar as a secondary and I play Mario as my main, so I know quite a bit about both characters, but I can't seem to get in without getting punished. If I try to space bairs, they pivot grab. Fireball approach, they up smash oos. If I nair approach, they pivot grab. Jabs, they up smash oos or shield grab. Ftilt, they shield grab. I do decently against them (I mean, I had close games with Hilt and he got 4th overall in the tourney, Mario vs Olimar), but it's not an easy match up by any means.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Yeah, spacing is way easier said than done. Mario needs longer legs.

SKidd

Smash Master
Thanks Inferno.

Olimar can counter pretty much anything Mario does. You have to play VERY careful and watch for mistakes in the Olimar's game. Caping his pikmin can let him run in and grab/attack at a short distance. It's about taking a lead and keeping it.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
lol, i wish mario had longer legs too.
Caping olimar's pikmen can go right back @ olimar & attack him, pretty much.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
inb4A2rantabouthowMariooutcampsOlimar

Olimar isn't hard to fight. He can just be really annoying. Olimar used to be one of my least favorite MUs but since my brother uses Olimar (and Pierce on occasion) I've gotten pretty good at it. It takes practice.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
inb4A2rantabouthowMariooutcampsOlimar

Olimar isn't hard to fight. He can just be really annoying. Olimar used to be one of my least favorite MUs but since my brother uses Olimar (and Pierce on occasion) I've gotten pretty good at it. It takes practice.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Ahhh, chill out dude.
I'm a fan of sonic games. (not in brawl)
I grew up playing nothing but sonic games.
Sonic team may had came out with bad sonic games as of late.
But they always find away to rebound with some beast sonic games.

I know for a fact that the new sonic game will be legit.
"Sonic Generations" is gonna be mad good when it's release.

Heh, the sonic games i have now is "Sonic mega collection" (gamecube),
"Sonic 4" & "sonic unleashed"

Which to me, are very good games.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
I think Mario (and Luigi) players should be allowed to use Super Mushrooms in this game. It was the main thing that Mario used in his games to counter the endless counts of Bowser minions. It would make Mario faster (covers more ground with longer struts), stronger, and weigh more. Only down side is that he's a bigger target but so what. Its worth the sacrifice. Why should Mario and Luigi use these and not anyone else? You know why. XD Think about it. lol

I'm kidding btw. (I am?)

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Ahhh, chill out dude.

Um, this is just meant for sonic fanboys ( I just wanted to see what you guys would say about it), I just want them to see that Mario isn't horrible, Sonic is good too (and some of his games, I play Sonic too!), but Sonic fans basically WORSHIP Sonic (Just ask TEB, they do get ********, ESPECIALLY on you tube), I just wanted to teach them a lesson you know, but I think I went way to far... (I was scribbling mad when I wrote that, I was finished arguing with some other Sonic fanboys saying Sonic is better because he is faster and more fit, and Mario is a fat piece of s**t, and he should go die, burn in hell. Oh and btw, Sonic Generations is looking good!)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ahhh, chill out dude.

I heard Sonic 4 was one of the worst though?

Sonic Generations does look good though.

Cezz, that link contains more fanboyish hate than anything I've ever heard my HUGE Sonic fanboy friend ever say.

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
I heard Sonic 4 was one of the worst though?

Sonic Generations does look good though.

Cezz, that link contains more fanboyish hate than anything I've ever heard my HUGE Sonic fanboy friend ever say.
Yup, that's what I meant I think way to far on this, I am a Sonic fan too, but I just hate it when Sonic fans AND Mario fans hate on each other, so I wanted to get it even, there are many posts why Sonic is better than Mario, so I wanted to make one about why Mario is better than Sonic. Yes, I sound so childish here. You should see this link to see what I mean: http://www.knowledgerush.com/kr/jsp/db/board.jsp?id=49749 I hate those type of people, I wanted to aim the post I made to these people.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yup, that's what I meant I think way to far on this, I am a Sonic fan too, but I just hate it when Sonic fans AND Mario fans hate on each other, so I wanted to get it even, there are many posts why Sonic is better than Mario, so I wanted to make one about why Mario is better than Sonic. Yes, I sound so childish here. You should see this link to see what I mean: http://www.knowledgerush.com/kr/jsp/db/board.jsp?id=49749 I hate those type of people, I wanted to aim the post I made to these people.
Translation: People are dumb and ignorant so I wanted to be as dumb and ignorant as they are.

BSP

Smash Legend
Sonic vs Mario...

I like them both. But IDK about Mario having better music. That's most likely a tie, cause even if Sonic's gameplay is utter **** sometimes (06 lol), the music is still good.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Sonic's music is consistently amazing and original. Mario games rehash songs a lot.

But some of Mario's remixes are mind-blowing.

Matt07

Smash Master
I love the Sega Genesis Sonic music...especially Sonic 2 and 3 :). I like the sound of "techno" songs from the newer Sonic games (4 had some alright songs.)

Mario's music keeps getting better, especially Galaxy 1 and 2, great tracks, they were simply amazing.

steep

Smash Lord
I LOVE how we are talking about music here on the Mario Boards. Being a Music Performance Major and all, this stuff is what I live for! Of course, I'm kind of a jazz man myself but meh I like all types of music. Well.... MOST types of music.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I LOVE how we are talking about music here on the Mario Boards. Being a Music Performance Major and all, this stuff is what I live for! Of course, I'm kind of a jazz man myself but meh I like all types of music. Well.... MOST types of music.
Jw, have you heard of D!ck Oatts? He's a jazz alto sax player and I just saw him play live. So amazing.

Edit: Yes I'm censor dodging but the guy's name is **** and it censors it

BSP

Smash Legend
Thinking about it...

As for walk up and pick something up, Mario would have Sonic beat I'm sure. But when you consider how fast sonic runs, and how kinetic energy, force, momentum, etc. he builds up, he can't be taken lightly.

Mario wins in the water though. He went from infinite breath to extreme breath (lol drowning in galaxy or 2). Sonic went from ~30 seconds to instant death.

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Thinking about it...

As for walk up and pick something up, Mario would have Sonic beat I'm sure. But when you consider how fast sonic runs, and how kinetic energy, force, momentum, etc. he builds up, he can't be taken lightly.

Mario wins in the water though. He went from infinite breath to extreme breath (lol drowning in galaxy or 2). Sonic went from ~30 seconds to instant death.
I think if Mario and Sonic go into a fight, Sonic would win. With his fast speed, Mario wouldn't be able to catch up with Sonic.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I never thought I'd see a Mario vs. Sonic debate going on.

SMBZ anyone?

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
I never thought I'd see a Mario vs. Sonic debate going on.

SMBZ anyone?
I liked that series a lot. (although having to press the space bar to advance dialogue does get annoying after a while) I hope Alvin-Earthworm is still working on it, I heard it has been cancelled, I'm not sure...

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
I stopped caring about the sonic vs mario debates when i turned like.. 13 LOL never found the point of them
Don't mention that ever again, please. I always get a headache when someone mentions stuff like that. (And Mac vs PC) I know their pointless, and no one will ever know who truly will be the best. So, I (at least) try my best to avoid situations like that.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Don't mention that ever again, please. I always get a headache when someone mentions stuff like that. (And Mac vs PC) I know their pointless, and no one will ever know who truly will be the best. So, I (at least) try my best to avoid situations like that.
Avoid it? You started this...

Also, please start using the edit button instead of double posting.

On a side note, since I am always talking about MVC3, allow me to share that OMG I love Chris. Seriously. He is one of the gayest characters in the game IMO. Not necessarily the best (mediocre at best), but seriously, no one can gay you like Level 3 X-factor Chris can except maybe Dark Phoenix.

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Avoid it? You started this...

Also, please start using the edit button instead of double posting.

On a side note, since I am always talking about MVC3, allow me to share that OMG I love Chris. Seriously. He is one of the gayest characters in the game IMO. Not necessarily the best (mediocre at best), but seriously, no one can gay you like Level 3 X-factor Chris can except maybe Dark Phoenix.
Sorry, I learned my lesson, NEVER TALK TO FANBOYS AGAIN! Um, I use the edit button, I have never double posted before.

BSP

Smash Legend
SMBZ is pretty awesome, and I think it showcases each characters' abilities well.

IDK if it's officially cancelled, but we've been waiting a while for EP 9. No rush though, it's worth the wait.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
SMBZ is pretty awesome, and I think it showcases each characters' abilities well.

IDK if it's officially cancelled, but we've been waiting a while for EP 9. No rush though, it's worth the wait.
Yeah, he's still doing it. He had to put it on hold for awhile because of personal stuff, but he's back to work again.

And yeah, I feel the same way. Every episode is so epic, I don't mind the wait at all. I even donated a few bucks.

I support awesome.

:phone:

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
smbz is the beest online stuff I ever watched!

Can't wait for the next episode

PS:.......

SMBG- mARIO TALKING IS not Cool!! but Im sure it will be epic to

steep

Smash Lord
Jw, have you heard of D!ck Oatts? He's a jazz alto sax player and I just saw him play live. So amazing.

Edit: Yes I'm censor dodging but the guy's name is **** and it censors it
Yes I have heard the name but I have never heard any of his stuff or seen him live. Do you know Otis Murphy? He is a phenomenal alto player as well. He teaches at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN.

Top Bottom