• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Yoshi has more players than Mario?
If that's true, I did not know that.
I do agree that Yoshi is overall a better character though, he's so difficult to approach from the air.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Polt is the only nationally leveled Yoshi and Mario doesn't really have anyone (I have not seen Boss go Mario in tourney in a long time) so yeah I'll say tehre are more Yoshi's. On the EC there's much more Mario's. There's me, Kirin, Omari, Famous, Boss, and Hippie. Anti and Pierce have some legit Mario's as well.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I just get shut down so hard when I try to approach him from the air :/
The eggs, and Egg lay D:

I just simply don't know that MU

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Polt is the only good yoshi, I suck too.
Thanks bro.

Polt the only good Yoshi? Delta-Cod was pretty legit too...if he still plays
I still do. I'm just much less active than I ever have been since the winter.

how is he diffucult to approach from the air?
Pivot grab, Usmash, eggs.

Exactly what I was wondering.

It's that pesky pivot grab that you have to watch out for, and even then our fireballs can cover us well for that.

:phone:
Are you approaching with fireballs? I love when Marios aerial fireball, it lets me Usmash them. Right Inferno? :awesome:

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Are you approaching with fireballs? I love when Marios aerial fireball, it lets me Usmash them. Right Inferno? :awesome:
You have to be fireballing pretty doggone close for Yoshi to be able to dash, Usmash, and cancel the fireball AND hit Mario before Mario's out of fireball lag...

If that's the case, then yeah...please Usmash him. Teach that Mario a lesson in spacing.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yoshi can space too. Trust me, I space Mario for this situation ALL THE TIME. He can't do anything safely if I'm spacing properly. I'd gladly show you if we ever get the chance to play.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'd love that...seems like Yoshi mains are getting a little too caught up in tier hype...

Everyone knows who his master is though...:awesome:!!!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, delta, I was talking National level, but you're second best for sure, no contest.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It's true. You used to punish me quite a bit for it. That's why I use grounded fireballs now to approach you.

Also apparently Delta isn't good. If I'm worse than Delta that must mean I'm *** :(
Grounded fireballs are so subpar against Yoshi thought. <3

That's way i always mix-up my fireball approaching. reg, wavebounce, ground etc....

I love it even more when yoshi's egg roll by the edge against me. fludd them off.
I lol'd so hard @ that everytime.
Does fludd actually manage to push an Egg Roll going full speed back?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Hey, MK's ****ty jab isn't even useless.

How ****ty the Mario vs Yoshi MU is depends on the Yoshi really.

MX: Not so bad, IMO.
Hades: Fffffuuuuuuu-

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Who uses egg roll? It's like the equivalent of MK's jab.
I do.

Ehh...that's unique. Polt never used Egg roll against me. One Cape and it's gg
You'd be surprised how unprepared people are for it in general. =P

As for Egg Roll and Fludd, I feel like Egg Roll would just get a Fludd Induced Hitlag effect at max speed.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I feel like the yoshi player shouldn't be stupid enough to use egg roll where he could get ***** for it, for example near the ledge against a Mario with charged fludd...

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I do.

You'd be surprised how unprepared people are for it in general. =P

As for Egg Roll and Fludd, I feel like Egg Roll would just get a Fludd Induced Hitlag effect at max speed.
You do use egg roll. Then I learned I can hit him and it doesn't do anything.

I like to assume people on this forum aren't ********.
Fixed

Man, this place actually gets good matchup discussion here without A2Z posting.
LMAO!!!!

Scatz

Smash Champion
Egg throw has two hitoxes. There's very few moves that clank with it since they need to not hit the opponent's hitboxes. Anything correctly timed can clank with eggroll, but air moves can't since they can't clash in the first place. Nair is a stretch, but it could prolly win if you land on top of us and hit with the strong part of it.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I don't think you understand his question. Would fludd actually knock yoshi off the stage while he's moving towards you at full speed? From looking at the fludd video you just gave, you don't have a definite answer since jiggs was knocked off the stage before she even released the move. Of course you'll be able to fludd us while we're turning around (it has no momentum), but there's no information to conclude whether it'll push yoshi (and jiggs for that matter) off the stage at full speed.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I don't think you understand his question. Would fludd actually knock yoshi off the stage while he's moving towards you at full speed? From looking at the fludd video you just gave, you don't have a definite answer since jiggs was knocked off the stage before she even released the move. Of course you'll be able to fludd us while we're turning around (it has no momentum), but there's no information to conclude whether it'll push yoshi (and jiggs for that matter) off the stage at full speed.

Naw. I don't think it'll knock yoshi off the stage @ full speed with yoshi's egg roll.
Maybe, Maybe not. Never seen it done b4, so i can't say it'll work or not.
Maybe some mario player on yt has a video of them doing it against a yoshi.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Ehh...that's unique. Polt never used Egg roll against me. One Cape and it's gg
A mario caped me while i eggrolled once. I just turned around and went back at him lol

Who uses egg roll? It's like the equivalent of MK's jab.
I'd like to say i invented the eggroll kill

I love it even more when yoshi's egg roll by the edge against me. fludd them off.
I lol'd so hard @ that everytime.

I went through that senario like 20 times in my head and i don't get how that could happen first off and why a yoshi would eggroll you by the edge, or for that matter how you could read that well enough to fludd us off before we start moving.

Naw. I don't think it'll knock yoshi off the stage @ full speed with yoshi's egg roll.
Maybe, Maybe not. Never seen it done b4, so i can't say it'll work or not.
Maybe some mario player on yt has a video of them doing it against a yoshi.
Didn't you just say you did it before? lol

Scatz

Smash Champion
Yoshi boards were invaded by ponies and furries. We need some place to chill until it dies down there.

Top Bottom