• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

SKidd

Smash Master
Nowadays, Bowser is never the villain in Mario games...
bowser jr
wario
count bleck
X-Nauts
etc.

Besides, we can beat him by just jumping on an axe, anyway.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I did wifi friendlies vs Volt_Storm_7, so if you have any interest in the Pikachu matchup, you might want to check the video thread. =)

SKidd

Smash Master
It's too bad there are rarely any Brawl tournies in west canada.

... But one's coming up =D

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I really think we should rediscuss Mario vs Pikachu. The more I play Volt_Storm_7, the less confident I feel about the matchup (specifically when I play Volt) and I conclude it's 55/45 Pikachu's favor.

One of the things I complain about in the matchup is the lack of any really reliable way Mario can actually KO Pikachu. This is something I almost NEVER complain about in most matchups. Scoring KOs reliably is my personal strength, and against most people I usually have ways of pulling out clutch KOs when my opponent needs to die. Against Pikachu, I always feel like I have to either just pick up on bad habits, or make really lucky guesses, or bet on some really obscure bait tactic on the fly in order to land a kill move against Volt's Pikachu.

It's probably because the more I play Volt, the more he knows how the matchup works and the better he adapts to all the random things I could possibly throw at him (and he's played Flameleon quite a bit, who I believe has a similar style to my own). The matchup is definitely winnable since Mario can make more mistakes than Pikachu due to his weight and fairly solid recovery. A Pikachu that plays to be elusive however is not fun to approach, and he can be very tough to edgeguard if he knows the matchup.

Sometimes when he's on his game and I'm not, I feel like the matchup is 65/35 Pikachu just due to how many more options he has to confuse me that I can't realistically react to, and unless I'm using B-airs, I have to be spacing better than him to reliably land hits since he's more disjointed on a number of his lingering attacks. Sometimes I would rather play vs a Snake than vs Pikachu just due to how easy the matchup is to follow and play on a calculating basis. At any rate I hope you guys enjoyed the videos. And what I did get out of this is that I know that I will never lose to any Pikachu unless they are at least as good as this guy.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Vato_break, if you shaved your head, and grow a mustache/beard, you'd look like all the other Vato's in Montebello. Pretty cute :]

-Kanzaki.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
aye yo quick mario homies that is going to apex, any of you staying at hyatt hotel for apex on thursday night? if you got room PM ME PLEASE!!!!! me, will, kirin, vinnie, and pd need housing for thursday thanks.

also pika vs mario is like 55:45 or 6/4 pikachu,

i only wished mario had better rewarding punishes, so he wouldnt be so low tier >_>

NNID
LilG912
I really think we should rediscuss Mario vs Pikachu. The more I play Volt_Storm_7, the less confident I feel about the matchup (specifically when I play Volt) and I conclude it's 55/45 Pikachu's favor.

One of the things I complain about in the matchup is the lack of any really reliable way Mario can actually KO Pikachu. This is something I almost NEVER complain about in most matchups. Scoring KOs reliably is my personal strength, and against most people I usually have ways of pulling out clutch KOs when my opponent needs to die. Against Pikachu, I always feel like I have to either just pick up on bad habits, or make really lucky guesses, or bet on some really obscure bait tactic on the fly in order to land a kill move against Volt's Pikachu.

It's probably because the more I play Volt, the more he knows how the matchup works and the better he adapts to all the random things I could possibly throw at him (and he's played Flameleon quite a bit, who I believe has a similar style to my own). The matchup is definitely winnable since Mario can make more mistakes than Pikachu due to his weight and fairly solid recovery. A Pikachu that plays to be elusive however is not fun to approach, and he can be very tough to edgeguard if he knows the matchup.

Sometimes when he's on his game and I'm not, I feel like the matchup is 65/35 Pikachu just due to how many more options he has to confuse me that I can't realistically react to, and unless I'm using B-airs, I have to be spacing better than him to reliably land hits since he's more disjointed on a number of his lingering attacks. Sometimes I would rather play vs a Snake than vs Pikachu just due to how easy the matchup is to follow and play on a calculating basis. At any rate I hope you guys enjoyed the videos. And what I did get out of this is that I know that I will never lose to any Pikachu unless they are at least as good as this guy.
I need to play him btw.

vato_break

Smash Master

Lets all quote large posts and leave small responses.

SKidd

Smash Master
Let's kill this thread

oh, but this is our social, so that's impossible

Top Bottom