• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Matt07

Smash Master
@Bartolon - I don't think specifically for MK.

For those of you in the Mario Backroom please read, I have new information in there.

SKidd

Smash Master
Ruin one of their taunt matches and repeatedly taunt yourself
they hatin on you lol

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
So, I was put against Lee Martin first round (D: ), and lost unfortunately. I'm working on the MetaKnight matchup tonight to compensate for me losing in round one.

KirinBlaze also lost in round 1, against Kain. Pretty much the best Wolf and he's from Chicago I believe.

Calebyte also lost first round. D:

But don't worry, I won't let myself lose again. I've been going even with people who made it to round 3, however... yeah, I was totally put up against Lee Martin first round. I don't know how Boss is doing nor do I care, I just know he won first round. Also, I did 3 friendlies with KirinBlaze and won 2 of them, they were all pretty close, however.

More MLG news tomorrow after some Losers rounds.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Kirin vs Kain...I would've loved to see that set.

And Lee's good Xero. Must've been a good experience fighting him.

MW is cleaning up this tourney, omg. Hunger beat Malcolm, Krystedez beat DEHF....

SKidd

Smash Master
omg xero i'm rooting for you!!!!! <3!!!!! tell cale I said hi.
also, you in dubz?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Hi guys, I'm new here and all.

Name's kazoo, and I'm a wifi wh**e who is based in Atlanta (for now.) I go to regionals and such whenver I can.

Just looking to get better with one of my mains.

So here's hoping you guys don't bite. ;)

SKidd

Smash Master
Dajayness, how do you do the blackened out thing???

Also, I've been keeping updates about MLG on the Mario mains go to Columbus thread.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Hi guys, I'm new here and all.

Name's kazoo, and I'm a wifi wh**e who is based in Atlanta (for now.) I go to regionals and such whenver I can.

Just looking to get better with one of my mains.

So here's hoping you guys don't bite. ;)
This ain't no everyday Melee wavedashing Luigi.

This is brawl! Quit while you still can!

I'm jk jk lol.

sup

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You're doing better than me Caleb. I mean I still haven't actually made in to that many tournaments, which I really will need to do in order to learn who my competition is, since I pretty much thrive on knowing my opponent and being able to read them.

Funny, the last tournament I entered was in fact a Melee singles tournament. Which unfortunately I didn't beat anyone in. Oh well, it was more fun being the host of that tournament!

vato_break

Smash Master
i went to a tournament yesterday got 3rd in teams losing to only dsf's team twice
then i got 4th/27 in singles...only losing to a olimar named brian h.i lost to the olimar first round then had to work through losers bracket ffff...-_-

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
So... yeah. MLG was seeded alphabetically. That ****ing sucked. Fun tournament though, I'm so pissed I never got to really show off my Mario in bracket. HOWEVER, I was doing crazy **** I had never done in friendlies on Saturday, and I fully intend to figure these things out. Speaking of which, one time when I caped Olimar, HE FLEW ACROSS THE STAGE AND I HAVE NO ****ING IDEA WHY BUT IT WAS SEXY. I also saw myself sliding alot as I did Ftilts and Jabs but I wasn't using spotdodge, does anybody have a link to the sliding tilts thing because I want to read up on that because it seems really really really useful and it can't be that hard to perform because I was doing it quite often without even knowing how.

EDIT: Even if it turns out it wasn't alphabetical, I still had the 6th lowest seed, and it was so bad. (Lee Martin first round was NOT fun, MK is totally my worst matchup.)

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'll mess around with it, because I was getting notable slides not only with Ftilt but with Jab. And if I can figure out how to do a sliding jab that will be incredible, it would have soooo many uses.

Top Bottom