• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

JUDGE

Smash Lord
guyys...i need some help:
i think i'll drop mario :(
or at least just taking him as my low tier main etc.

it is just...i have the feeling as if i can't improve my mario anylonger, not that mario can't improve anymore but more that i just havn't got the skill to place higher in tourneys with him
i actually can win with mario, but against the really really good ones from europe/germany (BluB;Mr r,K@os .exe etc) i just can't win
or better : i loose much more than i win :/
they are all using high/top tiers and its just so freakin' hard to win....i just picked up fox(my marth is still doing very well) and i do much better with him than with mario against some chars
but i don't want to drop him

now guys please tell me: why should we brawler pick up a low tier char as our main and decrease our chances to win? just because a win with this char would be more sweater?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
People play Mario because he's FREAKEN MARIO. Winning, tiers, or PRs have nothing to do with it. You accept the fact that he is not at the top of the food chain, and you'll have harder matches.

If you're playing to win, you need to pick a top tier AKA Metaknight. If you're playing to play as Mario, then play as Mario.

Matt07

Smash Master
What Hero said, and winning with a low tier does feel better. But more importantly I have fun playing with a character that I enjoy. Win or loss.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Pretty much what they said. + you get more respect with a low tier character, as well as the fact you **** low tier tournies.

That being said, you get less money than if you played with MK, so yeah...
You're going to notice this with both Fox and Marth soon enough...

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Maybe a little less with Marth, but you'll definitely notice it with Fox.

But yeah, if you want to have fun maining Mario at a larger competitive then, rep him. If you feel you can win at a more competitive level (and enjoy it) with another character, then I guess switch.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
So, who plans on going to MLG Columbus? After reading through MLG Orlando stuff I -HAVE- to go... so yeah, I'm totally going. (Neeeeed $$$$$$$)

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Luigi Has Kill Moves But Mario has the gimp ability....... then again its hard to gimp characters like pit and Kirby with Fludd

I've Nevewr seen a Mario Gimp a Good Kirby

Still Cape, a Priceless gimp tool

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Luigi Has Kill Moves But Mario has the gimp ability....... then again its hard to gimp characters like pit and Kirby with Fludd

I've Nevewr seen a Mario Gimp a Good Kirby

Still Cape, a Priceless gimp tool
Luigi has gimp abilities as well...Probably almost as good as Mario if not the same

Just sayin'

Edit: also cape is a good gimping tool...but it's really nothing special....

Edit Part 2: I can do this debate allllllllll day

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I wish I could've seen BigLou play on stream or something. He must've been somethin else.

M2K too, he hasn't beaten Ally in awhile...then turns it on where it really counts...

I cosign the notion that Mario can do it if Luigi can.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
tbh, I kinda do what M2K does. Only I don't get to play 2-7 hours a day...more like 2-7 hours on days that are weekends.

Get at me.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mario can however edgetrap a lot better than Luigi. Like seriously.

Aside from an easier time shieldgrabbing, Mario's N-air is a way better edgetrap tool that resets the situation or creates more openings to edgeguard. Fireballs also can be used to force getups better.

And FLUDD and F-smash have edgetrap shenanigans as well (never forget, you can F-smash out of shield against getup attacks).

SKidd

Smash Master
One time I got jab cancel - Super Weegee jump punch ****, but I probably could've avoided it if I knew it was coming lol

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It's held at the Greater Cols Convention Center, Mars right where the Short North meets downtown. You know... actual Columbus. (nosuburb,10nosuburbs)

Top Bottom