• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MARCH 12TH/09 *REVIVAL OF SMASH* (1st page): Raynex vs. COLBOL/ZHU

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
That's what I thought, but I heard Peach somewhere from someone before so I threw her in too.

edit: It sort of scares me how little people know about DI. DI is the difference between

Marth combo on Sheik: U-throw U-tilt Fair Fair Fair Dair

and

Marth combo on Sheik: U-throw U-tilt

-_________-;;

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I was gonna post to Cyko and say like "Watch vids of Cosmo, Z, and lots of other random players from the MW. See how they DI? Now do what they do, except do the exact opposite in almost all scenarios." >_>

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Not getting hit is superior to DI in most ways but since that'll never happen it necessitates simple DI.

Because of how the game's technical power and punishment has evolved we now need good DI.

Otherwise we get Sheik death comboing Marth on every stock from a single grab and Falcon killing everyone every time he lands a move and Fox perfect drillshining people across the stage and doing U-throw Uair Uair Uair combo like it's a true combo and Falco taking people unconditionally from 0-80.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
At least say "good matches" or something, geez.
they were decent matches, but everyone is so good now that it's only common sense to expect more.

and still, that marth would **** your face so hard your mother wouldn't recognize you
guess your comment says more about your skill then anyone else's
speak for yourself, we're not all as bad as europe is at the game. socal's actually one of the best.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
they were decent matches, but everyone is so good now that it's only common sense to expect more.

speak for yourself, we're not all as bad as europe is at the game. socal's actually one of the best.
take this kind of **** out of here. We're not having a cast4 thread 2.0.

KK: lol you give good information. Canada ***** smash theory.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
NeighborhoodP is hilarious even his avatar smacks of trolling :). Its just funnier when anyone rises to the bait hes constantly putting out along with his illogical arguements.

Also P i had a look at some of your videos, your play isn't good or interesting I'm sorry. Which just makes it even funnier when you start on Raynex who has awesome tech skill and very precise movements in his play something you can't seem to pull off in your matches.

On topic; those matches were excellent especially the set of Raynex against Euphoria. Definitely given me some ideas on edgeguarding marth :)

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
KK: lol you give good information. Canada ***** smash theory.
He gets it from me.
no seriously.
>_>
or i get it from him.
where did i come from.
either way i **** .

bernie you should join in on me and davids silly theoretical smash discussions we spurratically have 8D

theyre always so fun ^_^

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
where's my sig you hoe. Also I'm going to upload more vids from last weekends smashfest at KK's.

The vids from this weekend's big niagra tourny will hopefully appear too.

I.B

Smash Lord
raynex im better than you, bye

ps, i'm also your evil counterpart, Red X the super thief

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
raynex i cant go thanks to snow, so idk when I'll be there again if ever =(
dammit jason. the michigan guys are still 50/50. are your parents that solid about it? If it turns out that things aren't that bad you should make it out.

If not there is talk of another one in the same area with bigger attendance in January.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think I'm the only Canadian that doesn't completely hate the presence of P :laugh:
You, me, Adnan. I don't think Kyle hates anyone.

That's four. And possibly more.

Stop pretending you're special.

edit: GaynEX TYVM but tbqh DI is common sense. Why can't IC D-throw D-air Fox infinitely? Smash DI. Why isn't drill guaranteed all the time? Smash DI. Why doesn't Fox's CG on himself work past 55%? DI. There's a lot of otherwise inescapable crap that becomes escapable with good DI. That's just common sense.

Pointing out that simple DI strategies are becoming more and more crucial, and that DI is becoming more and more important because of how stupid punishment is becoming (especially now that people are realizing that comboing into tech chases and extending by that crap makes nasty crap), amazing DI is so key to avoiding losses.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ I lol'd

wow David thanks for the DI info. i kinda needed that myself XD

TidalWave

Smash Apprentice
Really great videos, RaynEX is one of the best current Fox players in my opinion along with Colbol.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
thanks man.

I should face Colbol in a tourny sometime. We've been to the same tourny 3 times but have never met in pools or brackets even once. -_-

Frames

DI
dayum colbol vs raynex

obv i would root for colbol but that would be a sick set regardlesss

come to FL and i will make sure u guys fight ;)

Top Bottom