• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mangos Falco Advice

BiN Breezy

Smash Cadet
I know I use the stick but that is only for full hops, Double jump, and SH.But for ledge hopping i use y II use the stick to ledge hop like the double laser to keep it really low or if I dont want to rise to high above the opponent since faloc has like and amazing ledge hop.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I use the left stick for jumping in shine > jump > bair. Hold down on left stick with left hand and press B with right hand, then immediately press up on left stick with left hand and hold direction on c-stick with right hand for aerial (mostly bair). Helps a LOT at higher percentages, and it's basically the only way you can do it with Fox.

soap

Smash Hero
but....... but..... no

I disagree, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. because by using x or y, you get to split the two actions (let go of ledge and jump) between two hands, which allows you to do it quicker.

theoretically that is...

by what I'm doing heavily influences which I actually find easier to be frame perfect with in practice. for ledge hop aerial, I do x. for firestall I do up. for ledgehop double laser I do y. for filing my taxes, I do L + c-stick up.
do u do aerial shine bair with x to c stick?

same principle

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
well, at least for bairing and dairing off the ledge, I use A cause that's what feels natural. I just let go of the edge with backwards to bair and down to dair, since I jump immediately, it barely matters how you let go and then it's a short tap from X to A.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
i use y for almost everything, x for WD only and up on the control stick for shine-aerial.. cstick for most aerials :( and i hardly ever touch z.. only when i have to jc grabs, otherwise it's usually r+a

TresChikon

Smash Lord
well, at least for bairing and dairing off the ledge, I use A cause that's what feels natural. I just let go of the edge with backwards to bair and down to dair, since I jump immediately, it barely matters how you let go and then it's a short tap from X to A.
Aerial with A does feel more natural, it's just I'm slow and ledge hop bairing with A gives me DI issues

Foxy

Smash Master
I use X for all jumping except for shine-aerial or shine-turnaround-aerial; I use R for all l-canceling, wavedashing, shielding, teching, and a lot of times it gives you free accidental techs when you meant to l-cancel but got hit; and I use c-stick for all aerials and smashes.

Works beautifully for me.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I thought this was the Mango advice thread :-/.

Since I already posted.....I use y and c stick for everything except of course nair which i use A. I split up all of the actions the most I can, using my right index many times for jumping, which I guess some refer to this as claw style or something? Nothing in this game feels very speedy to me using this style, besides something like luigi's down b lol. Also as far as precision, you have more control with movement when you only use the analog for movement rather than for aerials, since you would then be affecting your movement.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Do people still do laser to reverse uptilt?

I remember Shiz used to do it but then stopped and I think I remember BigR saying it's not so great.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I see, I guess the range bwt Fox's and Falco's uptilt matters alot.

And yeah, I <3 laser forward tilt. Forward started that ish long ago and it's my favorite thing to do against low tiers.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
It has nothing to do with speed, if you hit up too far either you'll smash or jump. Practicing to lightly tilt is pretty helpful for reverse u-tilts. And u-tilt is a pretty sexy move.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao smashboards falco players be gettin off on a noob right now

lookin mad cute

KFC mode: walk up reverse utilt

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Sorry, I wasn't trying to sound condescending, what part about it is getting in the way? Do you keep U-smashing? Or do you just jump?

Dorsey's method would be the most effective way. Because you can slam the stick upwards without having to worry about any unwanted action thanks to the lag from the dair.

I have trouble sometimes and fail the reverse u-tilt and end up f-tilting.

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
if youre REALLY having trouble doing it delicately just think about it doing a slight move up without really trying to do it... i usually find thats enough to make my hands do it (same principle as ouija boards, unconscious movement).

but you should really train to just... do it. its not an advanced tech, its a standard control input that will hinder you if you cant do it on command

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I think I know what your problem is. Do you dair with the control stick? I'd imagine going from down to an up position being a bit odd for some people.

Try dairing with the C-stick, you'll get more control over your DI and you can u-tilt easily afterwards.

Top Bottom