• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I could never do so many movesets in one MYM. . .Quality over quantity. Even with just the four I have, five if you count my joint moveset, I'm worried that one or two will be overshadowed by the others and not place high, namely AI Colonel.

Angry German Kid is indeed win. I actually saw that vid.

And I'm still gunning for the first page BTW. First page automatically equals more votes. Remember Dry Bones and Team Rocket?

D

Deleted member

XD

Angry German kid FTW.

And is the Sir Aaron we talking about here from pokemon: The Lucario movie? I don't know how you'll do him, but i look forward to seeing it. Cause i actually thought he was kinda cool lol

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Angry German Kid FTW!
Thank you, I am going to put as much win into this moveset as possible.

I could never do so many movesets in one MYM. . .Quality over quantity. Even with just the four I have, five if you count my joint moveset, I'm worried that one or two will be overshadowed by the others and not place high, namely AI Colonel.

Angry German Kid is indeed win. I actually saw that vid.

And I'm still gunning for the first page BTW. First page automatically equals more votes. Remember Dry Bones and Team Rocket?
I think I will do well with these. They will be better than Fierce Deity, and I will work on them, like, every day. I have a lot of time on my hands and am looking forward to these. Thanks for the compliment, too.

XD

Angry German kid FTW.

And is the Sir Aaron we talking about here from pokemon: The Lucario movie? I don't know how you'll do him, but i look forward to seeing it. Cause i actually thought he was kinda cool lol
Thanks. Yeah, from Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. I will keep his Neutral B from Lucario, but it will be slightly different. He will have L's ability to grow stronger as he takes more damage, but he will fight a lot with his staff. His Aura moves are better than Lucario's since he was the one who taught Lucario how to use aura in the first place. Thanks for the compliment.

ANGRY GERMAN KID'S SIDE SPECIAL:
Keyboard Bash: With a scream of rage, Angry German Kid rips his keyboard out from his computer (which mysteriously appears and disapears out of nowhere) and swings it in front of him like Babe Ruth in the bottom of the ninth. If it connects and hits someone while he's holding the keyboard, then it will shatter, sending keys everywhere. If it misses, then Angry German Kid will just put it away, ready for use again. It has a slight chance of flying out of his hand, a projectile as fast as Fox's blaster that will fly off the screen at a diagonal angle. If it hits then, then it will do slightly lesser damage but will still shatter. This can be spammed up to 5 times (just bashing, AGK doesn't put it away if spammed) before it shatters, but it has a chance of being used more than 5 times if not spammed. You can, however spam 4 times and put it away, then spam some more. There is a 5 second lag between putting away and ripping out, because Angry German Kid has to plug it back in. This move cannot be used for another 30 seconds if the keyboard shatters, because Angry German Kid has to find the Escape button. (15% keyboard (in hand), 1% key, 7% Escape button, 13% flying keyboard)​

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Look what I made :D

My entries for 4.0.
Didn't I tell you at least 100 pages ago to not overthink ideas for so many characters, Kholdstare?

Seriously, I'm okay with this, but I'm concerned of all the work. Sir Aaron, Cuccos, and Baudelaires FTW, though!

Also the move: The move can work. It sounds really good in Free for Alls from the sound of it.

Anyway, I have a small idea for Apollo's up special, but I need opinions about it. Here's a small summary hidden here somewhere:

Up Special: (Step?)Ladder:
Apollo conjures up a Ladder (or is it really a stepladder?) that extends about 2/3s of FD upward and climbs up as fast as he can. When the bottom part of the ladder hits either a platform or the bottom of the screen, the ladder stays there, letting Apollo ascend. However, If the ladder's bottom doesn't touch any ground, all that Apollo did was stay in the air for a bout 2 seconds. Anyone hit by the already climbed part of the ladder while there is will get hit downwards slightly, adding 2% damage to themselves.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Kholdstare, How are you going to do 12 movesets? I don't think anyone posted even close to that in this one...

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Didn't I tell you at least 100 pages ago to not overthink ideas for so many characters, Kholdstare?

Seriously, I'm okay with this, but I'm concerned of all the work. Sir Aaron, Cuccos, and Baudelaires FTW, though!

Also the move: The move can work. It sounds really good in Free for Alls from the sound of it.

Anyway, I have a small idea for Apollo's up special, but I need opinions about it. Here's a small summary hidden here somewhere:

Up Special: (Step?)Ladder:
Apollo conjures up a Ladder (or is it really a stepladder?) that extends about 2/3s of FD upward and climbs up as fast as he can. When the bottom part of the ladder hits either a platform or the bottom of the screen, the ladder stays there, letting Apollo ascend. However, If the ladder's bottom doesn't touch any ground, all that Apollo did was stay in the air for a bout 2 seconds. Anyone hit by the already climbed part of the ladder while there is will get hit downwards slightly, adding 2% damage to themselves.
Cool moveset, but does he climb up it at the same speed as a normal ladder?

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
Cool moveset, but does he climb up it at the same speed as a normal ladder?
Ladders don't climb up you idiot!! But seriously, he climbs up the same speed as the falling ladder, so other than the ground or bottom of the screen helping him pull up and the damage from the ladder, it's like a stay still air dodge in melee without the dodge. It's funny, because the argument between ladders and stepladders is prominent in his series and that climbs so fast that his helpless mode is him clutching his heart out of breath.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ladders don't climb up you idiot!!
Dude, you're killing mewithawesomehere. :psycho:

But seriously.

The move sounds...fine, and at least unique enough. I'm pretty sure the distance between the KO line along the bottom of FD and the ledge is longer than that, so it don't know if Apollo'd be able to recover adequately on most stages. Also since the only direction he can realistically recover from is below the stage, that means lots of characters will be able to intercept him with a spike or properly-timed ledge grab.

If he were to, say, leap off of the top rung as the ladder falls away below him, I think it'd work better.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Revamped Toon Link Preview (special attacks)

Grappling Hook: Neutral Special (10% thrown, 5% twirling, 5% air)- Link brings out the grappling hook for his neutral special. On-stage, you can hold down B for as long as you like and Link will continue twirling it above his head. If you hit either up, left, or right on the control stick, Link will throw the grapple in that direction! It travels about one half of Final Destination’s current length. Link brings one arm upwards above his head, and uses that to twirl the rope, and he keeps the other at his stomach, anchoring the grapple. You can be hit by it while it’s twirling, which will cause 5% damage. Off-stage, Link will swing it around his head one time and will throw it in the direction that he is facing. This can be used as a grapple recovery, and can act as a pseudo-Zair. Causes 5% damage in the air, and travels about as far as Link’s current Zair does. Thrown knockback is decent and the start-up lag is decent. The ending lag is high because he has pull the grapple back in. Twirling has the same amount of start-up lag, but low knockback and ending lag. In the air, it has no startup lag, high landing lag and no knockback.

Fire Rod: Downward Special (15% (-1% per half second) Fireball, 2% Flamethrower)- Link pulls out the mystical Fire Rod for this attack! It can either shoot an extremely slow moving, large, and powerful fireball, or it will shoot a continuous stream of fire. To shoot a fireball quickly press the B button and let go. The fireball will never disappear, but it does continuously decrease in power and knockback. To use the flamethrower, just hold down the B button. For the fireball, Link extends his arm out fully and released the flame, knocking him back a bit because of the powerful force. For the flamethrower, Link will extend his hand and keep it out. You can shoot the fireball and flamethrower from anywhere in front of Link, to anywhere on top or below Link. Fireball has good knockback when starting and low knockback when ending. High lag. The flamethrower has no knockback and low startup and landing lag.

Four Swords Links: Side Special (10%)- It’s… four Link’s?! That’s right, using the magic abilities of the Four Sword, Link makes three copies of himself! Using this attack on the ground will result in a greatly ranged attack in which two Link’s go left and two Link’s go right. They hold there swords directly in front of them, using both hands. The sword’s hilt is placed in front of the stomach area. Slightly disjointed hitbox. In the air, they go into the diamond formation! Forming a diamond, the Link on top thrusts his sword upwards, the Link on the left thrusts his sword to the left, and likewise for the Link on bottom and the Link to the right. The bottom Link’s sword has a very weak spike. Medicore knockback and low amounts of lag.

Roc’s Feather: Upwards Special (11%)- Link can now jump higher than ever before! The Roc’s feather gives him a spiraling third jump! It acts much like Samus’ Screw Attack, but it does no damage unless you press Up-B a second time during the attack, in which case Link will be sent flying down in a sword plant that will spike. If you connect the sword attack you regain your recovery. The attack starts as it shows Link pulling the feather from his pocket. He will continue holding the feather until the attack ends or he cancels it with a sword plant. The sword plants hit box is disjointed under the tip of the sword. Sword plant’s knockback and lag are identical to its’ current version.

In case you guys hadn't noticed, this Link will not have many sword-based attacks.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
...There hasn't been a Roc's Feather in any of the "Toon Link" games, so you know. Unless...wait, maybe it was in FSA.

Anyways, I'm liking it for the most part, but two things:

> You might want to consider making the midair Four Sword attack a spin attack, rather than a simple quad-directional spin. It's unique...but also kind of boring.

> I probably don't have to say this, since this is just a preview, but those big paragraphs are just crying for some BBCode.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Big paragraphs will be spruced up when I actually post it, don't worry. ;)

And I consider FSA a Toon Link game, and yes that's where I got the Roc's Feather from. I mean, can you really pass up how awesome that item is?

I'll consider what you said about the spin attack, but that would be just a ported version of TLinks current recovery to his Side Special. And to be honest, I think a quad-directional attack is kinda cool.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I mean, can you really pass up how awesome that item is?
Because the Roc's Cape is just so much cooler.

Plus, the way you have it now just has link holding a feather as he randomly jumps upward again. It just wouldn't look as cool, is all.

I'll consider what you said about the spin attack, but that would be just a ported version of TLinks current recovery to his Side Special. And to be honest, I think a quad-directional attack is kinda cool.
I actually meant that it'd be a spin attack they do vertically. Like, if you took Toon Link's Up B and tilted him 90 degrees on his z-axis.

Or like Kirby's midair hammer in Melee, only with 4 Link's and swords. Basically the same spin attack they do in FSA, and from the same kind of angle.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
Dude, you're killing mewithawesomehere. :psycho:

But seriously.

The move sounds...fine, and at least unique enough. I'm pretty sure the distance between the KO line along the bottom of FD and the ledge is longer than that, so it don't know if Apollo'd be able to recover adequately on most stages. Also since the only direction he can realistically recover from is below the stage, that means lots of characters will be able to intercept him with a spike or properly-timed ledge grab.

If he were to, say, leap off of the top rung as the ladder falls away below him, I think it'd work better.
Remember that I gave a summary typed in about 5 minutes, recollecting the most I can. So probably one and a fifths of final destination with the below KO line as ground and the chance to jump off at any time on the ladder like a third jump should be good, no?

Revamped Toon Link Preview (special attacks)

Grappling Hook: Neutral Special (10% thrown, 5% twirling, 5% air)- Link brings out the grappling hook for his neutral special. On-stage, you can hold down B for as long as you like and Link will continue twirling it above his head. If you hit either up, left, or right on the control stick, Link will throw the grapple in that direction! It travels about one half of Final Destination’s current length. Link brings one arm upwards above his head, and uses that to twirl the rope, and he keeps the other at his stomach, anchoring the grapple. You can be hit by it while it’s twirling, which will cause 5% damage. Off-stage, Link will swing it around his head one time and will throw it in the direction that he is facing. This can be used as a grapple recovery, and can act as a pseudo-Zair. Causes 5% damage in the air, and travels about as far as Link’s current Zair does. Thrown knockback is decent and the start-up lag is decent. The ending lag is high because he has pull the grapple back in. Twirling has the same amount of start-up lag, but low knockback and ending lag. In the air, it has no startup lag, high landing lag and no knockback.

Fire Rod: Downward Special (15% (-1% per half second) Fireball, 2% Flamethrower)- Link pulls out the mystical Fire Rod for this attack! It can either shoot an extremely slow moving, large, and powerful fireball, or it will shoot a continuous stream of fire. To shoot a fireball quickly press the B button and let go. The fireball will never disappear, but it does continuously decrease in power and knockback. To use the flamethrower, just hold down the B button. For the fireball, Link extends his arm out fully and released the flame, knocking him back a bit because of the powerful force. For the flamethrower, Link will extend his hand and keep it out. You can shoot the fireball and flamethrower from anywhere in front of Link, to anywhere on top or below Link. Fireball has good knockback when starting and low knockback when ending. High lag. The flamethrower has no knockback and low startup and landing lag.

Four Swords Links: Side Special (10%)- It’s… four Link’s?! That’s right, using the magic abilities of the Four Sword, Link makes three copies of himself! Using this attack on the ground will result in a greatly ranged attack in which two Link’s go left and two Link’s go right. They hold there swords directly in front of them, using both hands. The sword’s hilt is placed in front of the stomach area. Slightly disjointed hitbox. In the air, they go into the diamond formation! Forming a diamond, the Link on top thrusts his sword upwards, the Link on the left thrusts his sword to the left, and likewise for the Link on bottom and the Link to the right. The bottom Link’s sword has a very weak spike. Medicore knockback and low amounts of lag.

Roc’s Feather: Upwards Special (11%)- Link can now jump higher than ever before! The Roc’s feather gives him a spiraling third jump! It acts much like Samus’ Screw Attack, but it does no damage unless you press Up-B a second time during the attack, in which case Link will be sent flying down in a sword plant that will spike. If you connect the sword attack you regain your recovery. The attack starts as it shows Link pulling the feather from his pocket. He will continue holding the feather until the attack ends or he cancels it with a sword plant. The sword plants hit box is disjointed under the tip of the sword. Sword plant’s knockback and lag are identical to its’ current version.

In case you guys hadn't noticed, this Link will not have many sword-based attacks.
Like Chief Mendez said, You need some separation, color, and BBCODE. Also, I'm not used to the name before the attack. Just saying. Otherwise it sounds okay. But go with the Chief, here.
Ladders don't climb up. lol

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Ah. I like the idea of them using the swords like Kirby's hammer in Melee. I'm going to change it to that, actually.

Roc's Cape gives him a glide-type thing, and I'm already using the Deku Leaf for a glide on TLink. I would have used it, actually, just that I don't see its use unless I were to use it as a glide.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Ah. I like the idea of them using the swords like Kirby's hammer in Melee. I'm going to change it to that, actually.

Roc's Cape gives him a glide-type thing, and I'm already using the Deku Leaf for a glide on TLink. I would have used it, actually, just that I don't see its use unless I were to use it as a glide.
I think he meant that you actually do a kind of flip with the Roc's Cape, instead of just holding onto a feather. Cool moves, by the way.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I've made the Prologue for my MYM 4 SSE. Its in user blogs.

I can't really start working on the rest of it until I get the proper character roster.

So pm me with the character(s) you would like to see.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
If anyone does an Ocelot moveset (not that I am, I don't want to), wouldn't this be the Codec convo?:

AUX
[CALL]
PUSH SELECT

Snake: Colonel, watch this.
Colonel: ...
*POW POW POW*
Announcer: Ocelot is dead.
Colonel: Snake, you can't do that! The future will be changed!
Snake: Uhh...
Colonel: You'll create a time paradox!!
Snake: O SH-
Guy: Oliolioliooooooo!
Snake: Not this guy again...

Joke starts at 3:10.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
You do a flip with both items, Kholdstare. The Roc's Cape does let you glide, but only if you tap the button again after you've gone airborne. Otherwise it's just a normal flippy jump, only with the visual awesomeness of Link wearing a cape, rather than just...holding a small feather.

@kit345: That's your new name.

Also for the move: ah. In that case, nevermind. My concerns have been rendered noid and vull. It's like two ladders stuck together!

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
You do a flip with both items, Kholdstare. The Roc's Cape does let you glide, but only if you tap the button again after you've gone airborne. Otherwise it's just a normal flippy jump, only with the visual awesomeness of Link wearing a cape, rather than just...holding a small feather.

@kit345: That's your new name.

Also for the move: ah. In that case, nevermind. My concerns have been rendered noid and vull. It's like two ladders stuck together!
Oh, yeah, forgot. I haven't played Link's Awakening in a long time.

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guuuuuuyyyyyyys...new mooovvveeeseeeeeeetttt. It's...

ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD

The Angriest Nerd you ever heard, BEE-ATCH!

Oh yeah, and...

NOSTALGIA CRITIC

I've GOT to remember this so you don't have to!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Roymyoy is now on my awesome list for making a nostalgia critic move set.

And Kholdstare is on my GOD list for the Angry German Kid's side special.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Roymyoy is now on my awesome list for making a nostalgia critic move set.

And Kholdstare is on my GOD list for the Angry German Kid's side special.
:D Thanks, just imagine what his Final Smash will be!
NERD RAEG

I am looking forward to that AVGN moveset. Two angry video game nerds in one session will be epic.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So many weird characters from Kholdstare and so many video game nerds. . .I'll have to think of a SSE chapter where the geeks can duke it out. AGK vs AVGN?
Do it! I actually I have my own plan for a "themed" SSE chapter. But I'm not saying anything else, becuase it would be near the end

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys! This may surprise you, but I finished the whole AVGN moveset today at school in my head! It's the NC that I'm having trouble finishing. I'll just have to try harder.

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys want me to give you a preview of the AVGN. If you want it, I'l give you his Specials and FS.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'd suggest using various jokes from his movies as attacks. For example, he could throw a bat-credit card at his enemies from "Batman and Robin". :laugh:

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
*laughs* Funny thing is somehow I never do my movesets in advance. Guess that means I'll have to spend big stretches of time on 'em lest they get buried under other ones. And no, I am not getting any icons. Because I'm too lazy and I'd be too picky and probably make you edit 'em 500 times.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Behold! I have come back from the depths and have finished my Joker moveset, BBCode and all! Try and find it you might, but it's already been taken out of the thread, you shall never find it and must wait until MYM 4!

Holy crap. . .I actually have a day or two to relax. Woot!

Gonna be kinda ironic that I didn't actually make any movesets during the actual MYM 4 period. . .But who knows. I might sneak in another one.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Behold! I have come back from the depths and have finished my Joker moveset, BBCode and all! Try and find it you might, but it's already been taken out of the thread, you shall never find it and must wait until MYM 4!

Holy crap. . .I actually have a day or two to relax. Woot!

Gonna be kinda ironic that I didn't actually make any movesets during the actual MYM 4 period. . .But who knows. I might sneak in another one.
Please make another one... you owe us a Soul Calibur character. :)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Please make another one... you owe us a Soul Calibur character. :)
I really don't unsure of who I'll do next after my SSE, but I was thinking Beast Boy from Teen Titans. Still, I'm unsure of that though, I don't want to commit to anything yet. I may do Zasalamel as I hinted earlier in the thread. . .I'm just worried about making his large amount of slash attacks unique. We'll see what I can come up with.

For now, I rest. :p

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I really don't unsure of who I'll do next after my SSE, but I was thinking Beast Boy from Teen Titans. Still, I'm unsure of that though, I don't want to commit to anything yet. I may do Zasalamel as I hinted earlier in the thread. . .I'm just worried about making his large amount of slash attacks unique. We'll see what I can come up with.

For now, I rest. :p
Zasalamel has some potential to be unique. Several of his attacks "stick" and "scoop" foes with the scythe, for unique few hit comboes.

Perhaps a unique mechanic is also in order. The taunt button in Soul Calibur (or atleast Soul Calibur IV as thats the only one I've played) can be used after attacks to perform comboes.

So what if you gave each taunt button a different move that can only be used directly after attacks?

It wouldn't cost Zasalamel his taunts, because if you use the taunt buttons normally, they still perform a taunt.

And Beast Boy is my favorite TT character.... ok I lied. Raven is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom