• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Here's it on Photobucket for all those people who have probs with deviantArt.

Even if you do have problems, click on Mendez' link anyway so that he gets views~

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/YenoHyena/mym/Make_Your_Brawl_3_0_by_jj2oxx.jpg

EDIT: And to make this page even MORE awesome, here's something you might want to see and which is part of the reason why you should NOT start MYM 4 while I'm in bed. k?

King of Sorrow

The King of Sorrow is the final boss in Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil. In the game, Klonoa is summoned into Lunatea, because the King of Sorrow and his realm is ignored by all of his neighbouring countries. He sends off Klonoa to change that, but in the end, ultimately decides against it and tries to turn Klonoa into a vessel of his negative emotions he started to develop in his state of isolation. In the end, the King of Sorrow dies, and Klonoa rings the Kingdom's bell so the people remember the legacy of their king and never again ignore the sorrow. This Boss uses the King of Sorrow's final form, seen in this video:
http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=KsNsIxgnsFw

The King of Sorrow (from now on shortly referenced as KoS) is not a typical boss in the sense of what normal Subspace bosses do. Actually, he's more to be described as a dangerous dexterity game. He has only two attacks, which actually aren't even attacks. The stage is easily describes with a plain platform similar to Final Destination, only smaller. In the background, there's an orange sphere with the KoS inside of it. This sphere only has 2 states: Tentacle and Spikes. The explanation on how this works will be in the attack department. The KoS is absolutely static and doesn't move. It takes around 8 or 9 hits to destroy him.

Attacks
Phase 1: Tentacles
In this phase, KoS sets out two whip-like energy tentacles. At their ends, the have each a spherical white object attached. This object is heavily armored on one side and vulnerable on the other. Basically, all what KoS does in this phase is whipping across the stage with these tentacles. If you touche the tentactles themselves, this will guarantee you 15% damage and good knockback. The spherical extensions will do nothing. Quite the opposite. If you damage the unarmored side of the ball (the armored one will just act like you hit a wall), the armor of it drops off and the tentacle loses the grip on the ball. It then is lieing around like an item. You can pick it up, and you should, as well, because if one of the two tentacles loses its extension, KoS will switch into Phase 2...

The ball seems to have some kind of rope on it, therefore it can be wielded like a Yoyo into all directions if you're standing on the ground.

Phase 2: Rotation
In this phase, KoS sets up 7 extensions directly onto his sphere. The bubble then starts to rotate, and a big flame erupts out of the extensions. There always will be an extension which has a green flame (in Easy and Normal mode 2). If you get hit by either one of the flames, you will recieve 20% damage and great knockback. The sphere moves randomly in terms of speed and directions, so you can't predict where the flames exactly will go to. Anyway... to end this attack, you have to use the ball item you recieved from Phase 1 against the green flame. If you hit it, KoS cries out in pain and retreats the flame attack, returning to Phase 1.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Click I did. Very nice picture there jj Chief. It makes me wish I was a decent artist to follow up. :(

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Spade Fawks, Spade Fawks, Spade Fawks (and agi). Tsk tsk *shakes head*

That's not the full-size, man! This would be the full size picture. Over 3000, baby. :bee: It's also the best way to see each characters' faces, and the Animal Crossers in all their jaggy glory

So yeah, excuse all the leftover white pixels. I'll fix that eventually. Glad (liek, really glad) you guys like it though. :chuckle:

EDIT - AHHHH I DIDN'T KNOW THAT BOSS WAS WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT SPADE

I...I hate him so much. I must've tried fighting him a million times, and never actually figured out how to hurt him. So now I've never finished Klonoa 2, and it's all your fault!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
That picture is so epic, Mendez. The expression on the cat's face is priceless XD.

Joker looks great so far. I'm defiitely looking forward to it more than Cortex and Tiny.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Oh, that's MUCH better. I can see all the work that went into it now, heh. . .That' insane.

Cervantes has evolved much from his Young Toon Cervantes days. You put in all the little details from his costume, and he's also quite muscular. Another nice touch is the green touch following Cervantes' stolen soul. Dracula's dodging bats and emotionless exspression fit him as well. . .But he's still gonna be a miserable little pile of secrets when Cervy's done with him.

Gotta love both Donna and the Animal Crossing Cat looking shocked at the Horseman. You even put up the exact "shocked" animation for the villager, and. . .

OMG! The Animal Crosser boy has a Lol Chillinz shirt!

There's something on the animal crosser girl's shirt. . .Can't tell what it is, even with it zoomed in. All of you! Begin investigation!

I'm still curious why Resetii is like that, though. Terrified of the 3 evils advancing to the stage? Maybe Brewster secretly also serves beer and he's drunk? You decide.

The only thing that I Don't like about the picture is that K. Rool doesn't actually. . .Use the horseman's horse in his moveset, but that's his fault! He should've fit it in somewhere! (But seriously. . .Who ever heard of a horseman who doesn't ride horses)

All in all, excellent. Detail nazi approves.

Edit: Upon seeing the FULL full size picture, the girl has a mym 3.0 shirt. Mystery solved!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
And just like in the game he derives from, the King of Sorrow gets ignored ._.
I edited something in my last post about that. Curse you

ANYWAY

The girl Crosser's shirt says "3.0" as part of it. Gee, I wonder what I'd put referencing Make Your Move 3.0 that involves the term "3.0"...? Also as for Resetti...just look where the soul's trail leads from...

And yeah, I took some artistic liberties with the Horseman. And Cervy too, since his SCIII outfit is actually totally freaking ********. It's nothing but purple, red-pink, and greygreygreygreygreygrey. But yeah, still pretty much the same.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Mendez:
Sowwies! ;-;
Guntz now has 2 SSE bosses, though... awesome, no?

@Chris Lionheart:
A video linking to the boss fight with him is in the description. The problem I have with him is that he has little moveset potential. There's only two fights with him and in both he isn't really helpful with a moveset. So this means all of him would be rather generic - hence he became a boss.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Y'know, that all proves noone is actually reading KoS :p

He's a boss for Guntz' moveset - I've posted the King of Sorrow completely in that one post. Durr. Aaaanyway. Who wants to see something from my first secret moveset? Of course, names will be removed!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
@Mendez:
Sowwies! ;-;
Guntz now has 2 SSE bosses, though... awesome, no?

@Chris Lionheart:
A video linking to the boss fight with him is in the description. The problem I have with him is that he has little moveset potential. There's only two fights with him and in both he isn't really helpful with a moveset. So this means all of him would be rather generic - hence he became a boss.
Well ok thats understandable.

Mind if I borrow him as a boss for my MYM 4.0 SSE?

I call it....

Armaggedon

Its going to have demons, spawn, angels (not just Pit). Basically its going to be badass.

I'm not going to start it until well into the contest (so I can have a good idea of what characters to include.)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Sure, go ahead. You lot can all use any of my movesets or their bosses - even without the actual character attached to them.

Just know for the King of Sorrow that his actual goal is to bring sadness to the world and have people not ignoring it.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Y'know, that all proves noone is actually reading KoS :p

He's a boss for Guntz' moveset - I've posted the King of Sorrow completely in that one post. Durr. Aaaanyway. Who wants to see something from my first secret moveset? Of course, names will be removed!
Oh, fudge, I mistook it for a moveset preview. /facepalm

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
The girl Crosser's shirt says "3.0" as part of it. Gee, I wonder what I'd put referencing Make Your Move 3.0 that involves the term "3.0"...? Also as for Resetti...just look where the soul's trail leads from...

And yeah, I took some artistic liberties with the Horseman. And Cervy too, since his SCIII outfit is actually totally freaking ********. It's nothing but purple, red-pink, and greygreygreygreygreygrey. But yeah, still pretty much the same.
How did I not notice that?!? *Headdesk* That only makes it all the more brilliant, stealing the soul from a character we're all sick of, I'm sure.

I didn't see 3.0 on the smaller pic until you brought in the bigger version, then I say it all.

As for Cervy. . .I generally got the feeling his clothes rotted along with him on the seven seas as he turned undead, but that's just me. That series has so much potential for story, yet it neglects it so much.

@Spadefox: My Joker preview was also totally ignored outside a "Why so serious", so yeah. I actually read it. . .And, yeah. Repeating that 8 or 9 times over. . .? That might be okay at first, but in boss battles, too repetetive.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Spadefox: My Joker preview was also totally ignored outside a "Why so serious", so yeah.
Yea. Mehness, right? ~_~

I liked the preview very much. But I have to be honest in saying that I don't really like the Joker. So ye.

Edit:
You mean that I should reduce it? How many times would you say that he becomes a good boss?

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Dang, the Brawl IS looking super awesome. Who's drawing that awesome drawage? And I must add, Donna is quite hot.

*mindless worship*

Breloom's B-Up is Sky Uppercut, one attack is Sludge Bomb. Also intend to use Spore, Focus Punch, Iron Tail, Stun Spore, etc.

Ampharos will be slow and heavy, but with lots of projectile attacks.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I'd say you decrease the amount of hits to 5 or 6, but give the Sorrow King a bit more variety. Doesn't have to be anything much, just, say, make him randomly cause a rain of whatever element he uses to fall onto the stage, going off the top of the screen in the background then coming down off the top on the foreground where the playable character is? I don't know the character, but if you want to emphasize the "sorrow/sadness", make it a rain of tears or something.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Dang, the Brawl IS looking super awesome. Who's drawing that awesome drawage? And I must add, Donna is quite hot.

*mindless worship*

Breloom's B-Up is Sky Uppercut, one attack is Sludge Bomb. Also intend to use Spore, Focus Punch, Iron Tail, Stun Spore, etc.

Ampharos will be slow and heavy, but with lots of projectile attacks.
Breloom sounds like it has potential. Sludge Bomb hopefully won't be a grenade clone.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Awesome picture, Mendez! Seems you've perfectly captured the epicness, from the characters, to the expressions on the animals' faces...Cervantes' stolen soul (whose is it, I wonder...), and then the Crossers' shirts! Ah, the whole thing's so awesome!!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Absolutely not. My main worry is Sky Uppercut being a clone of Super Jump Punch, as I always envisioned it being executed in the exact same way.
Hmmm.... make Sky Uppercut one stronger hit of vertical knockback rather than many hits of weak damage and knockback (of course, don't give it Luigi style ownage). Make it come out faster maybe.

What if you made the Up B a combo? Sky Uppercut followed by one of the kicking moves?

Or you could even make the Up B High Jump Kick instead.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Winner's picture: Epicness. Though I wish more was going on like an actual brawl. And lol at boy's shirt

Joker: I'm waiting till MYM4 to read it, but I'm sure it's awesome.

King of Sorrow: It touches you... and then you throw stuff at it... yeah... but at least it original.

There, now none of you can say that I ignored your recent stuff!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
You mean he sucks? ;-;
I think he could use an actual direct attack. You know, like he whips the tentacles around or something. At the moment it's like fighting a stage hazard, in which case I should be thankful you didn't decide to make the boss be Ultimate Chimera.:laugh:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@IT: If remember watching an episode of Pokemon where Blaziken uses Sky Uppercut by first dashing along the ground and dragging it's fist along the ground, then leaping upward at the end. So maybe it could be like a combination of Ike's Quick Draw and Marth's Dolphin Slash? And I'm the guy who drew that picture!

@Spade: Yeah now that I've actually read it, I think you oughta give KoS something more too. It's a pretty basic concept, so why not expand on it?

@Warlord: I said something about The Joker too, but it was really more of a criticism than a compliment, so...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think he could use an actual direct attack. You know, like he whips the tentacles around or something. At the moment it's like fighting a stage hazard, in which case I should be thankful you didn't decide to make the boss be Ultimate Chimera.:laugh:
Read exactly, Sir. The tentacles ARE whipping around... or did I forget to put that into the description? =O

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
EDIT 2 - My God 'Warlord. Are...are all of your attacks going to be that long? Like, all three of those are fun and all...but that's more like Special Move-length, man...
Well, I specifically picked those three attacks because they were some of the best in the batch. Those three aerials ended up being more detailed then his smash attacks and all but one of his specials, actually, so yeah. Don't worry, those are basically the longest in the bunch right there.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Read exactly, Sir. The tentacles ARE whipping around... or did I forget to put that into the description? =O
If you mean whipping as in the video - that's not whipping, that's just moving around a circle. Nevermind, I rewatched the video, he does whip them around a little - but it's still nothing special.

Honestly, I don't think it's a bad boss, per se. I like the idea of a boss that isn't just "Attack, attack, air dodge, attack, shield". I just think it could be so much more than what it is now.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm loving what we're seeing in all the many previews we've had so far. Needless to say, Make Your Move 4 is going to be insanely epic.

But I'm curious, how many of you are actually going to try to sneak in a moveset on the first page? The rush is going to be ridiculous, and goodness knows that first page is going to be drowned out pretty quickly.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'm loving what we're seeing in all the many previews we've had so far. Needless to say, Make Your Move 4 is going to be insanely epic.

But I'm curious, how many of you are actually going to try to sneak in a moveset on the first page? The rush is going to be ridiculous, and goodness knows that first page is going to be drowned out pretty quickly.
Definitley NOT me. First post I'm just going to try and comment on any move sets you guys post up when I notice the thread. Then I'm going to set up a link-up space on the second post... and finally on my third post the droid leader will join the Brawl!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'll try to, but if you start the contest when I'm in bed, Kibble, I'm going to be very upset.
I already missed 3.0's start by 8 (!) pages.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I didn't post anyone until page 60. And I think that was still day 1! o_o

Though technically my first post was something about missing0, but that was just a generic comment so that I could subscribe to the thread. :laugh:

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Hey dude. Just curious. Do you know of a good moveset for Toon Link (Since I hate clones and yes I know his moves act different, but it is still a clone) If so just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom