• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I don't detest him per say, I actually am decently okay with all of the non naughty dog major Crash characters, but the originals are still superior. Yes, this includes your precious Nina.
First off, I know that. I just wondered why you set him out as one you didn't want me to do. Second, how was it ever implied that Nina was of importance to me?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
...Hm. Nevermind. ]What words did you search for, by the way?

So in this case, I'll be done the picture probably tonight, but I'll post it tomorrow. Thanks, man.

D

Deleted member

Awesome is as awesome does, my friend. And you have done awesome. Your altruism has been noted. While I cannot guarantee you'll survive the great reckoning, I can promise that it will be swift and painless, and your soul will enter paradise afterwards. :)

Seriously though, you are Mr.T x 10 for even giving it a shot. Well done.
Here that everyone? I'm Mr. T x 10!!! Screw Spadefox, Hyper_Ridley, Sundance, Chief Mendez and everyone else.

I AM TOP TIER

@TWILTY: I'm going to come to your house and steal all of your extra time.
.................That sounds kinda wrong :dizzy:

And you don't want to see Smosh in 4.0? I bet you don't even know who they are do you? LOL..

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
You defending her when I bashed her and Crunch, and you having made a moveset for her alongside Bowser Jr.
I like Nina as a character in the series. She is in no way "precious" to me, as you implied.

(Note: The Bowser Jr. thing actually was some crazy crack-and-koolaid induced dream I had, and it stuck. The concept was not with me for more than three days before I made the set.)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Michael Jackson Impersonation.
...Hey, wait a minute. >=O

That's...not Animal Crossing. Or at least, I hope it's not

@TWILTY: They're those kids on YouTube that sing the Pokemon theme song, among other things. Yeah, I know exactly who they are. You and I...simply do not see eye to eye on these things, eh?

D

Deleted member

@TWILTY: They're those kids on YouTube that sing the Pokemon theme song, among other things. Yeah, I know exactly who they are. You and I...simply do not see eye to eye on these things, eh?
1) How long are you going to call me TWILTY?

2) Good point. You have horrible taste in music, you don't like Drake and Josh, and now are you saying you don't like Smosh lol? PHAILL!!!!!! Lol jk

3) @everyone wondering who they are: They are the creators of some of the best Youtube videos, have the most amount of subscribers in the entire site, and they are awesome. Believe it.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
As of now, after Weighted Companion Cube, I am exclusively making User Characters ONLY.

Make a request now- I'll only do five at a time.
No offense, I think I'll handle the almighty Commander Blitzkrieg moveset myself.

(With a name like Commander Blitzkrieg, you know the character's going to be badass.)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Did... did we just go through ten pages in a single day? Whoa. If this keeps up... it seems I may yet have another shot at first post on page 750.

:bee:

Smashbot: I get the feeling that my name doesn't exactly open up a realm of oppotunities for an interesting moveset. :p But I look forward to darkserenade and whatever (whoever) else you work on.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
@Smashbot226

I think Darkserenades user character should involve music in some way (the serenade part of his name). Maybe have like an "evil/dark harp" of some sort.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
1) How long are you going to call me TWILTY?
You said yourself that you're okay with us calling you TWILTY, now don't complain. TWILTY.

2) Good point. You have horrible taste in music, you don't like Drake and Josh, and now are you saying you don't like Smosh lol?
I've never seen Drake & Josh, but I think I wouldn't like it. I don't like Smosh.

3) @everyone wondering who they are: They are the creators of some of the best Youtube videos, have the most amount of subscribers in the entire site, and they are awesome. Believe it.
No they aren't awesome and their videos aren't good. =P

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Jesus this thread moves fast.

So, looks like my MYM4 list is finalized. I'm feeling pretty good about this, so far I'd say that all of my move sets and WIP sets are at least on the level of Shade.

And did I see plans for weresonic somewhere? Sweet.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Smosh will be epic.

On the topic of user movesets, I chose my name from a Link to the Past boss that was three frozen eyeballs. You cannot defeat that.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Haha, I now have completed Tails Doll specials, and just then, I was comparing the length of each of Tails Doll special moves with my Dr. Robotniks moveset, here is the stats:

Tails Doll _______________Dr. Robotnik

Neutral-B: 853 words ____Neutral-B: 974 words

Side-B: 379 words______ Side-B: 498 words

Up-B: 518 words _______Up-B: 499 words

Down-B: 1,219 words ___Down-B: 365 words

Tails Dolls Down-b (the CuRsE Enhancer) smashs all of the other specials out of the water, but it ain't all about detail you know, it's also about the originality, balance, uniqueness of a move as well that makes a moveset stand out, just to tell you all as well.

oh on the user moveset thing, I also choose my username as when I was younger, I had a teddy which was a frog, and I made it dance (not good though LOL), its name was Froggy, and its nickname was Dancingfrogman. I also made a moveset for it aswell.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
This clown will make you go down laughing. . .The Joker has joined the fray!

Fair – Jackal in the Box: The Joker takes out a jack in the box from one of his many pants pockets, and begins winding it up, facing the end where “jack” will come out in front of him. The “Pop goes the Weasel” music plays quietly as he winds it up, and if you don’t press anything, he’ll wind it very slowly, it taking a ridiculous 5 seconds to complete the move before “Jack” pops out.

However, you can speed the wind up by rapidly pressing A. If you do all the taps in under a second, it’ll take around 20 taps to wind it up enough to launch it. You can stop tapping at any time though, making your enemy think you’re just going to mash A, and instead only winding it half way to cause them to air dodge, then finish mashing A to land the hit. This is good for mindgames, you having the ability to pop it open whenever you please. You have to be careful though, as the Joker slowly automatically winds it himself, so he may end up popping it open too early for the situation if you do too many taps, meaning this move requires a lot of getting used to. Due to the long wind up of the move, the move won't be interrupted if you land on the ground while performing it.

The actual attack that’s launched from this has the range of half a battlefield platform, a spring noise being heard as “Jack” (Who has a spike on his head instead of a jester’s cap, it shining for emphasis) pops out with his full spring. The sweetspot is the spike on the end of “Jack’s” head, doing 11-12% damage and above average forward knockback. If you’re hit by the spring of “Jack” himself, you’ll merely flinch and take 2-3% damage, being in a good position to punish the Joker. The move has bad ending lag as the Joker reels back in “Jack” and puts away the jack in the box, so while this is deadly if you hit with it, you’ll more likely then not get a face-full of the enemy’s fair if you miss.

Uair – Juggling Joker: The Joker tosses his knife upwards and to the right, then takes out two spare knives from both of the pockets in his trousers and tosses them in the same way he tossed the first knive. The Joker catches the first knife shortly after throwing up the first two knives and throws it up again, and the Joker starts juggling the three knives. This does multiple hits if you’re in the ring of knives above the joker, you not directly needing to be hit by the knives but just be in the general area of the knives. You’ll take 5-6% damage per second while in the knives, taking 3 hits of 1-2% per second, each hit doing a tiny stun. The attacks lasts 3 seconds. If you’re hit by any of the knives before the juggling truly begins, you’ll take 2% damage. This does no knockback, just flinches, though it has a suction effect like Pikachu’s dsmash that very slightly pulls you towards the Joker. If the Joker lands on the ground while doing this move, he’ll continue juggling as if nothing happened, finishing the attack perfectly normally.

Unlike most multi hit aerials, this has no finisher final hit for knockback, leaving the Joker vulnerable at the end as he puts away the two extra knives with slight ending lag. Strictly for damage dealing. You either want to be away from your enemy when you finish it, or hit them with the whole duration of the move to make it so you’ll get more damage on them then they do on you. The Joker can’t use DI much while using this move and the attack’s duration is quite long, so this attack is meant to be used over ground, especially considering the fact the move goes on if you hit the ground.

Dair – Bouncy Ball: A large bouncing ball around 1.5X the size of Kirby appears under the Joker’s feet, it being far too large to contain within his coat. The Joker will proceed to stand on the ball and fall downwards like a typical stall then fall dair, much like Toon Link’s. Unlike Toon Link’s, this is a much slower stall and fall, him going down even slower then his regular fall speed. If you bounce on somebody with it, they’ll take 5-6% damage and mediocre downward knockback. If you don’t do anything else, the ball will vanish.

Where the move gets interesting though is if you press A when you land on something, whether it be solid ground or a foe, you’ll bounce off of them, gaining jumping momentum. You can keep gaining more and more momentum for as long as you please, and the Joker has good control over his DI while on the ball. Each consecutive jump you make will make you go higher and higher, and each consecutive time you pound down on the ground/foe will do more damage and knockback. You can get out of this move by not pressing A when you land, or pressing any button other then A.

Each jump increases all the stats, following a formula. It repeats itself as it goes up in a pattern, this being an example of the first three bounces.

Initial Fall Speed: Very Slow
Initial Stomp: 5-6% damage, mediocre knockback
Initial Jump: 1.5 Ganondorfs in height, low speed going up
Second Fall Speed: Slow
Second Stomp: 9-10% damage, below average knockback
Second Jump: 2.15 Ganondorfs in height, below average speed going up
Third Fall Speed: Below Average
Third Stomp: 11-14% damage, average knockback
Third Jump: 3 Ganondorfs in height, average speed going up

You’ll rarely be able to make use of the stats gained from the extra bounces, as it takes some time to build it up, but you can build it up considerably, the stats keeping going up all the way to six bounces. A good strategy is to build up bounces while your enemy is off stage, then when they get close unleash your powered up bounce on them. Most good foes will see this coming so you’ll have to be careful, but unlike most dairs you don’t have as much to risk, as you can get out of it at any time by casually pressing B, X, R, or any other button that suits your fancy. If you think your enemy will dodge the attack, you can prepare the bouncy ball to use on them as a regular attack once they get on land. The enemy must hit the Joker and not the ball if they want to knock him out of the attack, meaning it can be quite tricky once he’s got a few bounces under his belt. However, as the Joker gains more momentum with the consecutive bounces, he becomes more difficult to control and has a smaller minimum of amount of space he can leap with each bounce, meaning you might accidentally leap off the edge and find it hard to hit the enemy with this move. Only charge bounces for this move if you’ve already lain all your bombs and your coat/don’t want to sacrifice your specials and smashes to lay out your coat.

This move isn’t useless in it’s uncharged form either despite it’s mediocre knockback, as sometimes that’s all you’ll need to make the difference between the enemy recovering or not, and the ball below the Joker will block any enemy below him from being able to hit him, acting as a wall. The Joker is excellent at gimping people with outright horrendous recoveries such as Link, but if it’s half decent at all, they’ll be able to get past the Joker’s edge guarding game.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Smosh will be epic.

On the topic of user movesets, I chose my name from a Link to the Past boss that was three frozen eyeballs. You cannot defeat that.
I could've named myself Gleeok or Aquamentus. That've been more your speed? :chuckle:

ANYWAY

...Are we on a new page yet?

EDIT - Why yes we are! Perfect!

WHAM.
^^^ You're all going to want to click on that. ^^^

EDIT 2 - My God 'Warlord. Are...are all of your attacks going to be that long? Like, all three of those are fun and all...but that's more like Special Move-length, man...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
zOMG. Awesome. :bee:

This is SO freaking awesome, like with no end! ^__^

*luffs and faves* Even though Cervantes' slash looks a bit odd, but that's just me.

Also, I dare you to start MYM 4.0 when I'm sleeping. Blood would be spilled.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Picture is made of pwnage, I'm surprised how well it all comes together, particularly with Donna looking right at the Horseman. You actually gave Cervantes a soul from soul steal as well, so I'm more then satisfied with his representation. I wish I could comment more on the stunning DETAIL put into this picture. . .But my cursed computer hates Deviantart. I can't see the enlarged version, just the small one in the preview. Anyone mind hosting the full version on photobucket?

This page > All. Mendez's masterpiece + my 1000th post preview. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom