• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Could I join the Official MYM Group, since I'm planning to be in MYM4 much more than I was here?
Of course. It's a social group, you don't need to be a elite to join it. Make your move is open to everyone, and it's for fun.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Repeating myself: Is anyone here able to get Brawl snapshots on their PC? Specifically, I need a good shot of Smashville from a slightly upward, all the way to the left. Specifically the background, as I don't feel like I'd be able to accurately re-create that properly.

Alter it, sure, but not draw it myself.

Specifically, an angle like in this snapshot, only zoomed out all the way, and shifted all the way to the left (slid, not turned). If said anonymous, nebulous benefactor would use the Warpstar glitch, that would be even better.

If there is anyone able and willing, remember: I'm looking for a picture of the background, not the actual stage. Also, it'd be a good idea to take multiple shots from multiple angles as an extra precaution.

...Seriously, it'd be a big help. If I don't get something like this, I'll end up just putting a random globe with vaguely tree-esque shapes in the background. Not pretty.

Sly Fox said:
Could I join the Official MYM Group, since I'm planning to be in MYM4 much more than I was here?
I'm 99.9% sure it's a public group, so yeah go right ahead. You'll get no link from me, since I'm lazy and all, but it's usually on the first (maybe second) page of the group list, so...get on it.

IvoryFlame said:
Oh, and that Headless Horseman pic is so freakin' awesome I don't know where to begin. If a similar prize is featured in MyM4, I will do anything to win.
Yeah, I'll probably be doing this again for MYM4. I'm having a good deal of fun on it, and it's awesome practice for my recently-acquired digital art skills.

And hey, thanks for the compliments (that goes to everyone)!

MasterWarlord said:
Can't wait to see Cervantes.
Then you're in luck! Due to bad planning, the next two actual characters I'll have finished are both Drac and Cervy.

IT WILL BE THE COOLEST THING EVAR BELIEVE IT

Are you sure the characters are all going to look good when put into the same image, though. . .?
I don't see why not. Although, this is the first digital picture of this scale I've done, so I've opted to make each character in a separate file (ditto for the actual stage, villagers, and etc.), then combine them at the end.

Granted, I don't know if it'll all look okay when they come together, but...well at least my PC won't crash this time, like it did with Mach Rider.

MarthTrinity said:
I'm gonna stick her Glyph system in there as a gameplay mechanic : )
O.o

...How? I had thought about doing a 'set for her, but the best I could come up with was to have certain attacks, when used in sequence, come out faster as a result (similar to how alternating between a light Glyph, like Confodore, and a heavy one like Macir or Falcis, will cause them both to strike faster).

But hey, maybe I'm just upidstay. :p

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I was thinking she could absorb a different attack or attribute for each character. For instance if she absorbed a Glyph from Mario, she may obtain a fire based attack (most likely his neutral B but I may go as far as any of the B-Attacks) or she may gain any of the other characters attacks (for instance if she absorbed a Glyph from Marth she would gain his sword, possibly for one of her B-Attacks or possibly for one of her Smash attacks). Essentially she'd work similarly to Kirby but I haven't determined yet what she'd actually gain...

I'd write out a full list of all the possible Glyphs she could obtain from any given character actually IN Brawl as well as a few from MYM...obviously this isn't finalized so I'm not sure how I'll make it work out in the real moveset...but because it IS a huge part of OoE I feel like I MUST put it in there.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Fufufufufufu...
Kekekekeke!
Hohohohoho!
Uhuhuhuhuh!

The air is tasty here!

EDIT - Oh, right. @the glyph thing: eh, it seems kind of a lot like Kirby. Unless Shanoa absorbs the glyphs in a different way, or they alter more than just her Special Moves, then maybe.

But really, while the glyph system is really neat, it's basically just another M&S system. I should've included the hearts and sub-weapons system for Simon, by that logic. Really the unique thing about the glyphs is that they all cost MP...so maybe you could work around that instead?

Like...maybe, like I said earlier, using certain attacks in a row leads to really fast, powerful attacks, but not only do you need timing to pull those sequences off, but you also can only do them once or twice before she "runs out of MP." I don't think you'd actually have an MP bar on-screen, but regardless: once she's drained, she can't use ANY attack for a second or two.

So, just like in the games, she'd be an absolute beast when using the right glyph combinations, but there'll always be a few times where she's vulnerable.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Ahh, channelers. Hooray for them. And strange Japanese chuckles!

EDIT: Yes you did, Sly Fox. Yes you did. Jerk.

*jk's*

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Hey guys, I'm just posting to say how great all of your movesets were and how excited I am to finally be able to post my movesets in MYM 4!

@Chief Mendez: Dude, your Dracula and Simon movesets were EPIC. I mean, being a Castlevania fan myself, I think you definitely did them justice. Wow. 'Course, now I feel like I have a lot to live up to with my Maria and Alucard movesets... :p

I was gonna use that same Castlevania symbol, actually. >_>

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Sure, what is it? : )

Alright, its still in first draft form, but

Fsmash: This move changes weather you press smash A or if you quickly press smash a smash a. If you simply smash A, Masked Man fires a large low knockback blast from his arm cannon foward with little end lag but a bit of start-up lag. The blast radius is a little wider than Lucario`s fsmash but has less reach horizantally.Its 12% uncharged and 15% charged, with knockback increasing slightly with the charge. If you smash a twice, the move changes and cant be charged. During the first part of the attack Masked Man takes a step foward and takes a quick, no knockback swipe foward with his sword. He slices sideways like Ike`s ftilt for good range (less than Ike`s ftilt though.) This move does 12% and the doubl smash A version cant be charged. The second part of the attack is identical to his normal fsmash except no start lag (goes from the slice to the blast seamlessly) but worse end lag and increased knockback, like lucas` fsmash perhaps? in total its 24%

EDIT: I like shorts! There comfortable and easy to wear!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm just posting to say how great all of your movesets were and how excited I am to finally be able to post my movesets in MYM 4!

@Chief Mendez: Dude, your Dracula and Simon movesets were EPIC. I mean, being a Castlevania fan myself, I think you definitely did them justice. Wow. 'Course, now I feel like I have a lot to live up to with my Maria and Alucard movesets... :p

Hey, it's great to have more people joining in. Welcome to MYM. And to Smashboards, I suppose.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
EDIT - Oh, right. @the glyph thing: eh, it seems kind of a lot like Kirby. Unless Shanoa absorbs the glyphs in a different way, or they alter more than just her Special Moves, then maybe.

But really, while the glyph system is really neat, it's basically just another M&S system. I should've included the hearts and sub-weapons system for Simon, by that logic. Really the unique thing about the glyphs is that they all cost MP...so maybe you could work around that instead?

Like...maybe, like I said earlier, using certain attacks in a row leads to really fast, powerful attacks, but not only do you need timing to pull those sequences off, but you also can only do them once or twice before she "runs out of MP." I don't think you'd actually have an MP bar on-screen, but regardless: once she's drained, she can't use ANY attack for a second or two.
Yeah, I was thinking about that...I'm still toying around with the idea of what I'm gonna do for Shanoa anyway...I was thinking maybe say she absorbed a glyph from Mario, because a key element of Mario is Fire, she could obtain Vol Ignis (or just Ignis) to replace her Neutral B; that way it's not just copying the Kirby mechanic but rather using magic directly from OoE instead of taking Mario's Neutral B. Another example could be if Shanoa absorbed a Glyph from Bowser, she could obtain Vol Scutum (because his shell is similar to a shield), protecting her from projectiles as well as decreasing the amount of damage she takes by a bit.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
Hey, it's great to have more people joining in. Welcome to MYM. And to Smashboards, I suppose.
Grazzi. :)

Yeah, I was thinking about that...I'm still toying around with the idea of what I'm gonna do for Shanoa anyway...I was thinking maybe say she absorbed a glyph from Mario, because a key element of Mario is Fire, she could obtain Vol Ignis (or just Ignis) to replace her Neutral B; that way it's not just copying the Kirby mechanic but rather using magic directly from OoE instead of taking Mario's Neutral B. Another example could be if Shanoa absorbed a Glyph from Bowser, she could obtain Vol Scutum (because his shell is similar to a shield), protecting her from projectiles as well as decreasing the amount of damage she takes by a bit.
Dude, if you made a good Shanoa set...that would be awesome. I'm glad there are lots of other people who want Castlevania characters in Smash Brothers.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the forums, Tanookie. Enjoy your stay here. Hopefully MYM4.0 will be even more interesting and better than the last one.

Roll, meanwhile, still isn't finished. I don't think I'm putting enough effort in this moveset...maybe it's because the lack of ideas or attacks I could use to make the moveset more 'complete'.

And Snowstalker, if you want your moveset to be graded (It's a bit too late for that, I suppose), you should ask one of the people that had a grading blog and ask them (Mendez, Sir Kibble, Chris Lionheart, etc.) or King K. Rool for a review.

D

Deleted member

I guess I'll do it for you. I starting a Workplace/ Critique Place in a blog (Which no one looks at, anyway) and this could be my big breakthrough.
I actually will be asking for a review for one of my future sets in 4.0, but seeing that it's not for at least a week, i decided to wait.

Unless you're going to do 3.0 too right now, you kinda opened the blog TOO early.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Dude, I am like, so happy right now. There's actually another CV nerd here now.

I know this is presumptuous of me: but PLEASE don't use anything from Judgment for Maria. MY GOD IS SHE BROKEN IN THAT GAME

Oh yeah, go right ahead. In fact, any of the extras in those two movesets are yours for the taking--It'd be awesome if all the CV movesets in here were linked together somehow. :bee:

@Trinity: *ahem*

Mario: Ignis
Luigi: Pneuma
Peach: Magnes (kind of like floating)
Bowser: Scutum
DK: Lapiste
Diddy: Acerbatus (vaguely gun-related)
Yoshi: Ascia (same arc as the eggs)
Wario: Sinestro Custos
Link: Arcus
Zelda: Fulgur
Sheik: Culter
Ganondorf: Umbra
Toon Link: Arcus
Samus: Nitesco
Zero Suit Samus: Torpor
Pit: Volaticus
Ice Climbers: Grando
Kirby: Fortis Fio (off of his Stone move)
Meta Knight: Redire
Dedede: Dextro Custos
Olimar: Fidelis Caries (or "Fidelis Pikmin" ^.^)
Fox: Quadruple Ignis (it's Albus' flame kick, and since Fox recovers with a fiery leap...)
Falco: Quadruple Ignis
Wolf: Quadruple Umbra (variation of the above, since Wolf's Up B doesn't involve fire)
Captain Fal...

...Okay that's enough. I think you get the idea.

NOW YOU HAVE TO DO IT LIKE THIS

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Um... Yeah, getting a review now would be kind of...pointless, wouldn't it? Voting's over and the winner's have been decided. Of course, I guess if you're looking for overall ways you can improve before MYM 4, I guess that's cool.

Welcome to SmashBoards and MYM!! We're always happy to see new faces avatars. :)

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
I actually will be asking for a review for one of my future sets in 4.0, but seeing that it's not for at least a week, i decided to wait.

Unless you're going to do 3.0 too right now, you kinda opened the blog TOO early.
I know, TWIL. I originally thought of using a moveset here as an Idea of How I grade movesets the past weekend, but I live in SoCal, so the fires there almost forced me to evacuate.

Oh, and welcome, Tanookie. We hope to make feel at home (or a luxury spa, take your pick).

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I am like, so happy right now. There's actually another CV nerd here now.

I know this is presumptuous of me: but PLEASE don't use anything from Judgment for Maria. MY GOD IS SHE BROKEN IN THAT GAME
YAY for CV nerds!

...Maria, broken? Surely you jest. But don't worry; I don't have Judgment so I wasn't planning on using those moves for Maria. I've already gotten her moves up and such; I'm just working on making it look pretty. (I might borrow your template...and give credit, of course.)

Oh yeah, go right ahead. In fact, any of the extras in those two movesets are yours for the taking--It'd be awesome if all the CV movesets in here were linked together somehow.
Sweet! I was looking at Youtube links of CV music and then I saw your moveset and was like "Oh, crap...he's already gotten all the music I wanted." Except that Nocturne one with the girl singing...great find. Plus your Dracula's Castle stage is pretty much exactly what I envisioned. I'll just...add to her trophy some, kay?

BTW, do you think her invincibility spell would be a better FS or her Dragon item crash? I've already gotten the invincibility one written up, but I was just thinking that her dragon's pretty great too.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
We're always happy to see new faces avatars. :)
That's another thing I forgot to mention: you have an awesome avatar.

I was planning on doing a moveset for the most powerful Belmont back when MYM3 started, but I ended up scrapping it since I figured it'd end up being just a second go at the concept behind Simon.

kitsuneko345 said:
so the fires there almost forced me to evacuate.
O.o

...Do tell.

EDIT -

@Tanookie: Nope. She's as broken as Meta Knight something that's broken really badly. It's horrible. All of her attacks...just have...so much range.

Anyways.

Personally I'd go with the Item Crash. The invincibility thing...eh, it just doesn't strike me as being too unique, or fitting for the character.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Welcome Tanooki, hope you enjoy your stay. I'm far from a Castlevania fan, haven't played a bloody game in the series, but Dracula is the beset moveset ever. It easily won the contest.

If any of you lot really want a review to do, I could PM you one of my completed movesets waiting to be posted in MYM 4.

@Mendez: I've been dying to know forever. . .What's that weird thing with the 5 walking sprites in your sig?

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
@Trinity: *ahem*

Mario: Ignis
Luigi: Pneuma
Peach: Magnes (kind of like floating)
Bowser: Scutum
DK: Lapiste
Diddy: Acerbatus (vaguely gun-related)
Yoshi: Ascia (same arc as the eggs)
Wario: Sinestro Custos
Link: Arcus
Zelda: Fulgur
Sheik: Culter
Ganondorf: Umbra
Toon Link: Arcus
Samus: Nitesco
Zero Suit Samus: Torpor
Pit: Volaticus
Ice Climbers: Grando
Kirby: Fortis Fio (off of his Stone move)
Meta Knight: Redire
Dedede: Dextro Custos
Olimar: Fidelis Caries (or "Fidelis Pikmin" ^.^)
Fox: Quadruple Ignis (it's Albus' flame kick, and since Fox recovers with a fiery leap...)
Falco: Quadruple Ignis
Wolf: Quadruple Umbra (variation of the above, since Wolf's Up B doesn't involve fire)
Captain Fal...

...Okay that's enough. I think you get the idea.

NOW YOU HAVE TO DO IT LIKE THIS
*copy pastes to moveset* :bee: Nah, just kidding...but yeah, that's the general idea of what I was planning : ) I'll probably add some statistic stuff too...like if she absorbs a Glyph from Mario, her fire resistance goes up and she takes less damage from fire-based attacks.

Also... R.O.B.: Arma Machina xD

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
@Tanookie: Nope. She's as broken as Meta Knight something that's broken really badly. It's horrible. All of her attacks...just have...so much range.

Anyways.

Personally I'd go with the Item Crash. The invincibility thing...eh, it just doesn't strike me as being too unique, or fitting for the character.
Oh, haha...I was being sarcastic. Maria's always broken (except in DXC's Symphony...she's like the Insane Mode of that game).

And about her FS...I'm thinking NitM's Dragon Spell would work pretty well...like, y'know, a dragon that she can control around the stage? Seems like it'd be a great way to show how pwnz0r she is.

D

Deleted member

@KIt: Wow, a fire? Wow, never experienced that kind of an emergency. Like Mendez said, do tell.

And yay, someone didn't called me TWILTY for once!!! You are now officially cool. Not really. lol jk

@Tanookie: Yep, like everyone says, welcome to the MYM community. Hope you enjoy your stay, and all that blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, due to having to prepare a HUGE math test next week, i gotta postpone my next chapter till tomorrow. It might be kinda weak though. Also, i'm feeling kinda down at the moment. So yeah.

Back to working on studying the amazing world of linear relations, y-intercepts, and slope.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
well err...i posted my masked man fsmash but ive yet to recieve any critique.

Welcome, Tanook. Your a much better poster than I was when I first joined Smashboards :D

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Oh, haha...I was being sarcastic. Maria's always broken (except in DXC's Symphony...she's like the Insane Mode of that game).
Well, it's just different, now that you're actually fighter her, and not fighting as her. In the actual games, every character can be broken with the right configuration.

Seriously, perfect victory strategy in Judgment: TIDALWAVETIDALWAVETIDALWAVETIDALWAVETIDALWAVE

*KO*

"I may be cute as a button but I'm tough as nails!"

GAWD

TWILTY said:
Back to working on studying the amazing world of linear relations, y-intercepts, and slope.
Just remember: First Outer Inner Last! :bee:

*is the only thing I remember from algebra*

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I WOULD give you some critique, Skyler, but I gotta go sleep. This roster thing is really beating me down. I don't even have any spare time to work on Orca; I'm not even done his stats!

Meanwhile Warlord's pumping out a beast-size moveset every couple of days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom