• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Very nice, Iron Thorn! I'll add that right in. *rushes to 'Shop*

Now if only cheap_josh could get me that CEO picture... (Street Performer, too, but that's not as important, as I can just put her hanging upside down).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Lol Ight How Great Would Young Jeezy Be?! I Got Him Almost Finished Already! **** Only Took Me 10 Mins...
10 Minutes? Then the quality of your moveset most likely will be comparable to what we produce... one of my secret movesets' move took me one hour to think of, write, think over again and finish it.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Lol Ight How Great Would Young Jeezy Be?! I Got Him Almost Finished Already! **** Only Took Me 10 Mins...
Yeah, um, no offense, but it takes a lot longer than 10 minutes to produce a great move set. I spent at least 4 hours working on my Bass.EXE move set on page 199, and it still wasn't on the top 10.

So yeah, I'd suggest spending some quality time with a move set. If you truly like the character, it should actually be a lot of fun.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Lolol Omg Lets Tyep Liek Tihs

EDIT: Sorry, couldn't resist. But seriously, 10 minutes... Like everybody else said, it may need some more time put into it than that. No offense. :(

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wow, really time constrained right now. I might be absent for a bit, but don't worry, I won't become AWOL...

DJKingDavid

Smash Apprentice
I am using real moves so it came to me quick...i am very creative...and another thing there isnt anything wrong with how i am typing...get off my nuttz *****! I'll work on it a little more though...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I am using real moves so it came to me quick...i am very creative...and another thing there isnt anything wrong with how i am typing...get off my nuttz *****! I'll work on it a little more though...
Even if the attacks were directly borrowed from another game, I still don't see how it could take only 10 minutes unless the attacks were a sentence long. Getting back to Bass, most of his attacks are directly based off of something he does in the Battle Network games, yet it still took a while for me to describe the intricacies of the moves.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
Calm down. No one's insulting your creativity, it's just that people here are experienced and know that a good moveset takes time. Also, if you type normally, it's just easier to read, and people will also think better of you.

DJKingDavid

Smash Apprentice
OH...do you not know who young jeezy is?! He is a REAL LIFE rapper/drug dealer...so when i say moves i was referring to real life hood moves...like FACE STOMP, Projectiles would be his guns, taunts would include holding up a CRIP flag(black flag)...things of that nature...

DJKingDavid

Smash Apprentice
OH...do you not know who young jeezy is?! He is a real rapper/dealer so when i say moves i was referring to real life hood moves...like FACE STOMP, Projectiles would be his guns, taunts would include holding up a crip flag(black flag)...things of that nature...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
OH...do you not know who young jeezy is?! He is a REAL LIFE rapper/drug dealer...so when i say moves i was referring to real life hood moves...like FACE STOMP, Projectiles would be his guns, taunts would include holding up a CRIP flag(black flag)...things of that nature...
It's still possible to spend a lot of time on realistic moves. In MYM4 I've got a move set ready for Nack the Weasel, and most of his moves are things like kicking, tail-swiping (realistic for an animal at least), and gun-shooting, and yet even these types of moves took some time to think up, tweak, and just generally ensure that I was making a quiality move set.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
"On mounting a rising ground, which brought the figure of his fellow-traveler in relief against the sky, gigantic in height, and muffled in a cloak, Chief Mendez was horror-struck on perceiving that he was headless!--but his horror was still more increased on observing that the head, which should have rested on his shoulders, was carried before him on the pommel of his saddle!"

So yeah. Fun stuff. Since the 'set was based on a generic entity rather than a specific character, I figured I'd just whip up a design of my own. The only thing I vaguely worry about is that I might have gotten a little overzealous with the blood-splattered frocks.

Also this is obviously colored in a more "painting-esque" style than Donna. Intentional, that.

TWILTHERO had better see this...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
FFFFF!! That pic is freaking awesome, Mendez. XO

I now wish I had wone something. D:

Also lol at TWILTY in that pic.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
OH MY GOD, Mendez, THAT is the most epic thing I have seen in... a while. Or something. Seriously, tis absolutely amazing. You definitely did him justice. Now I'm even more anxious to see the rest!

Oh, and I notice the quote directly from Sleepy Hollow. Good quote, that.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Young Jeezy! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

Anyway, CEO doesn't have an "original pic" or anything. That picture is the only one I did and it's just edited off some dude's photo. If you absolutely need a picture it might take me a bit to make it or I might do it over the weekend.

And isn't Nightmare only like 5'5? I think that's what it says in SCIV. I'd boot it up to confirm, but it's all the way upstairs, and I'm all the way down here.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
So...the bloody lace and jacket are cool with you people K.Rool? Awesome.

Related question: is anyone here able to get Brawl snapshots on their PC? Specifically, I need a good shot of Smashville from a slightly upward, all the way to the left. Specifically the background, as I don't feel like I'd be able to accurately re-create that properly.

Alter it, sure, but not draw it myself.

Specifically, an angle like in this snapshot, only zoomed out all the way, and shifted all the way to the left (slid, not turned). If said anonymous, nebulous benefactor would use the Warpstar glitch, that would be even better.

If there is anyone able and willing, remember: I'm looking for a picture of the background, not the actual stage. Also, it'd be a good idea to take multiple shots from multiple angles as an extra precaution.

Question: Will the current MYM social group carry over to MYM4?
I don't see why not!

Kibble had the good foresight/dumb luck to not affix a number to the end of it, so there shouldn't be any issues with keeping the old gal around.

D

Deleted member

XD at the pic

Lol'd....but seriously, what's wrong with me being Canadian? And i'm not a tree =(.

Anyway, i got a question: Is there going to be an actual fake dojo as a prize? Or is the only prize is that you got the satisfaction you won? I don't really care, but just wondering.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
i'm not a tree =(.
Your wooden attempt at sympatree can't fool me. I see through your deciduously-pathetic attempts to mask your true identity.

Anyway, i got a question: Is there going to be an actual fake dojo as a prize? Or is the only prize is that you got the satisfaction you won? I don't really care, but just wondering.
Probably not. It is a truckload of work to actually make a moveset. Much more one that's actually well-done/nice-looking.

But hey, the winners get bragging rights and a neat picture. That seems pretty good to me for something like this. And who's to say MYM4 will be the same? ;)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Your wooden attempt at sympatree can't fool me. I see through your deciduously-pathetic attempts to mask your true identity.
Oakay, I think it's time for you to leaf TWILT alone. You're barking up the wrong tree here. TWIL is a fine upstanding melmber of our community. Why else do you think he's so poplar? You've got to get a firmer grip on reality, there, Mendez.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Oakay, I think it's time for you to leaf TWILT alone. You're barking up the wrong tree here. TWIL is a fine upstanding melmber of our community. Why else do you think he's so poplar? You've got to get a firmer grip on reality, there, Mendez.
I hate you.
:079:

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME said:
Cn someone point me in the direction of the winners? Where's teh post at??
Here you go!

You just barely squeaked by there, man. :chuckle:

DJKingDavid

Smash Apprentice
Thats right pplz im bringing some trapstarr **** to SSBB...on tha real anyone can play video games...i love cookin rokz, ****in hoez, and playin video games...yeah imma real D-Boy get at me pplz!!! :)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
OH...do you not know who young jeezy is?! He is a real rapper/dealer so when i say moves i was referring to real life hood moves...like FACE STOMP, Projectiles would be his guns, taunts would include holding up a crip flag(black flag)...things of that nature...
I know everybody else already addressed this, but they're all right. No matter who your character is, you can put more time than 10 minutes into them. Describing attacks and whatnot is really key to getting people to recognize your moveset around here. Don't rush the creation of your moveset. I've been working on my most recent one for... Oh, geez, I don't know, maybe a month... And I'm not done yet, either.

And i'm not a tree =(.
I thought it was Whispy Woods at first, then I realized it was actually you, TWILTY!! :bee:

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Good news, everyone! I'm almsot done with Hoss Delgado, except for his stage, and as soon as Bag-Man gets a new Final smash, he will be successfully retooled as well!

>:-)

YUS!!!

Oh, and that Headless Horseman pic is so freakin' awesome I don't know where to begin. If a similar prize is featured in MyM4, I will do anything to win.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
You don't want to know how much time I spend on my movesets and how insanely detailed they are. . .If you hope to compete, you've gotta have some detail in your moveset.

I finally got my old keyboard back. Yay for less typos!

Headless Horseman is awesome! I can't really get pictures onto my PC from Brawl, let alone play Brawl to get the shots seeing I don't have the bloody disk anymore. . .So count me out on that one. But the Headless Horseman has staggering amounts of detail that satisfies the detail nazi. Can't wait to see Cervantes.

Are you sure the characters are all going to look good when put into the same image, though. . .?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom