• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I don't think anything's particularly "on topic" right now...

Anyway, what you've got so far looks great, Warlord. I'll be interested to see how you pull this off with so many planned characters already. I don't doubt you'll be able to make it work, but watching this story unfold will certainly be captivating.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anything's particularly "on topic" right now...

Anyway, what you've got so far looks great, Warlord. I'll be interested to see how you pull this off with so many planned characters already. I don't doubt you'll be able to make it work, but watching this story unfold will certainly be captivating.
Let's have a little discussion about the features people often leave out of their movesets. These are the things that I dont often see in one:

Stage
Music selection(s)
Subspace Emissary role

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Let's have a little discussion about the features people often leave out of their movesets. These are the things that I dont often see in one:

Stage
Music selection(s)
Subspace Emissary role
I've noticed this. That's why I'm including all those in my future movesets.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Those are also the kind of things that tend to get overlooked when they're included. I know I, for one, used to include all those, but I stopped because the moveset was what people actually paid attention to.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I really think more people should include a music selection in their movesets. Or, at the least (in order to not be a hypocrite), one main song that can at least play over the credits in single-player.

It's an easy addition that really sums up the character. The only person excused from this is Warlord, since his archaic computer doesn't let him access Youtube, if I remember correctly.

Take Kibble's Sandslash. Want a Pokemon theme that actually fits the character (and is awesome)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9x1KWP9Apc

I like to listen to the character's theme while reading a moveset, actually.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

Stage
Music selection(s)
Subspace Emissary role
Stage: I think I've actually put one in each of my movesets so far. The only thing to note is that for characters in the same franchise (i.e. Simon and Dracula) I just copy and paste the stage/AT/etc.

Obviously Sora doesn't have one, but he doesn't have any extras. I also don't think I'll be doing this for a number of my MYM4 'sets, for various reasons. For example: Mach Rider really has nothing for me to draw from that F-ZERO hasn't already covered, and Deoxys is from an existing franchise, so the Pokemon Stadiums cover it.

Music: I always have (sans Sora) and always will include music as one of the extras. It's an easily-written, but hugely-impressionistic way of showing who a character is.

On the other hand...

SSE Role: Never have, never will. It seems totally beside the point to me, since the plot of the actual SSE isn't very good anyway, and adding in a character isn't going to change that.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
It isn't gonna be easy to fit in all those characters, but more of my MYM time can go to the SSE this time, as I already have several movesets done before the topic this go around.

On Extras: There are times when I feel I can go all out with the extras, and there are other times I'm just "meh". I only do extras I feel would make quality addittions most of the time.

If you want to be technical about something that even the greats don't include though:

WIIMOTE NOISE

I refuse to include those, as Wiimotes should cease to exist.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Truth goes to the whole "not being able to go on Youtube and stuff" for music selections, which is a good thing that music isn't part of the requisite. But it would be cool if all Sandbags had the ability, because most people can present things so well with Youtube.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
SSE Role: Never have, never will. It seems totally beside the point to me, since the plot of the actual SSE isn't very good anyway, and adding in a character isn't going to change that.
I would like to add that the character's role is completely dependent upon the story. The current (i.e. Brawl's) SSE is complete, so adding a character would seem kind of pointless, and the people who read the SSEs from this thread are going to know the character's role anyway.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The problem with music is that it's generally attached to a stage. I'd love to dig up some tunes for my movesets, but I have little desire to attempt to describe a stage. If I were artistically-inclined, I'd whip up a picture, but as is, descriptions don't cut it for me on stages. So I leave music out as well.

But more importantly..

Wiimotes are awesome. Sounds are awesome. Therefore, Wiimote Sounds are awesome.

Seriously, doesn't anybody else play with the Wiimote-Nunchuk combination?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
The problem with music is that it's generally attached to a stage. I'd love to dig up some tunes for my movesets, but I have little desire to attempt to describe a stage. If I were artistically-inclined, I'd whip up a picture, but as is, descriptions don't cut it for me on stages. So I leave music out as well.
I agree with you completely on the stage thing (I attempted one for The Horseman... yeeeah, that didn't really turn out well).

But I still think every character could use a main theme to play over their single-player credits. EVERY. SINGLE. CHARACTER. EXCEPT. WARLORD'S.

:p

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you completely on the stage thing (I attempted one for The Horseman... yeeeah, that didn't really turn out well).

But I still think every character could use a main theme to play over their single-player credits. EVERY. SINGLE. CHARACTER. EXCEPT. WARLORD'S.

:p
Yeah. I would actually listen to them if they input it into the moveset.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Mach Rider has no stage, and yet he still has music.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, since there can be more than one stage and whatnot. Really, finding music isn't hard, and it really helps.

Seriously, doesn't anybody else play with the Wiimote-Nunchuk combination?
You...you actually play with something other than a Gamecube controller?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Mendez, Mendez... you've used that picture before.

cheap_josh: If you're reading this, I'd appreciate a full-body picture of the CEO. I know you just edited some random guy, but you used a kinda particular style, and it'd look more appropriate if it was your own drawing. If not, I'll have to whip one up myself, and that... well, let's just say it wouldn't be pretty. I have -9000 artistic talent.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys.

My latest chapter is done, but i'm not going to post it. It's chapter 15. It's now in my sigg. It's kind of a weak chapter. I was really really tired when i made (considering that i just got home from school), but i made this.

Though i promise that the endgame will be awesome. It should be up on Sunday, or if i'm busy Brawling with you guys (considering i only get to use my Wii only on weekends), Monday.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5438484#post5438484

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Mach Rider has no stage, and yet he still has music.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, since there can be more than one stage and whatnot. Really, finding music isn't hard, and it really helps.
Yes, I know, but that's how I did it when I did stages. My thought was always "these are the music selections for this stage," so I wouldn't know what my music was for if not a stage.

Meh. Maybe I'll throw some in there just so y'all can listen while you read. :p

You...you actually play with something other than a Gamecube controller?

I know it's a lot to take in all at once...but yes.

Man, you could learn all kinds of stuff about people reading this thread. Mendez is actually IT, Spade swings that way, Twil's a tree, and I don't use a GameCube controller.

We're weird people... :dizzy:

D

Deleted member

Twil's a tree.
OK. FOR THE FRIGGING LAST TIME, (lol) I AM NOT A TREE.

You can call me a Sagi fanboy (just because i'm the only Baten Kaitos fan on these boards), you can call me the breaker of the 4th walls in SSE's, and you can even call me a failure in math (i only get 57% in acadamic class XP) but you can never call me a tree......

THAT IS ALL.

Back to working on Trunks. He's almost done. Guess what? He has sprites!! :bee: Who be wantingz a preview?!?!

Akiak

Smash Ace
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Guess what?
There was a blackout in the whole city till now and I couldn't post my votes!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
My votes were epic..:(
And i'm not even on the list. Did anyone vote for the ones in my sig?
Whatever. Congrats to the winners.

For MYM 4 I'll do Stickman, Deoxys, Mii, maybe Bart.

Seeya in MYM 4:(

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Spyro defenitely. I'd be willing to include Midna too if you actually fully intend to do her. As for Batman, he's very tempting to include as he went widely unnoticed and it'd be excellent to have him alongside my Joker moveset, but I do already have a large amount of MYM 3 guests. . .What the hell. He's in.

(If this is off topic, please direct me to posts that are ON topic at this point. I won't be talking about my SSE in the thread for MYM 4.)
INCLUDE MIDNA DA**IT!

but yeah, I've starting working on spyro & midna will likely come second. Well, actually, I was planning to re-post an edited version of Batman in MYM 4 due to going unnoticed like you said... so he could pass as a MYM 4 moveset. :)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
INCLUDE MIDNA DA**IT!

but yeah, I've starting working on spyro & midna will likely come second. Well, actually, I was planning to re-post an edited version of Batman in MYM 4 due to going unnoticed like you said... so he could pass as a MYM 4 moveset. :)
Excellent, I've added her to the list. Is this the imp Midna or the humanoid one?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Does Grievous even have a theme song?
Of course! What I consider to be his theme is the first 1:20 or so of this. Possibly the greatest tune in all of the Star Wars movie's many themes. I'm not a huge fan of the prequels (Revenge of the Sith was pretty good, I admit), but no one can deny that they have excellent music.

And actually, that whole compilation can be considered as Grievous's theme, it's very well put together. I just consider the first bit to be the most incredibly awesome.

EDIT: I've started a new file in Twilight Princess. It strikes me how awesome Midna and her theme are. Seriously, just listening to this stuff sends me into fangasms.

I'm actually hoping replaying it will give me some inspiration for a Zant moveset... the single most awesome Zelda boss in a looong history of incredible bosses.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I actually found some other theme for him to use. Thanks anyways.

Nack's pathetically easy though. It's just his battle song from Triple Trouble.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
OK. FOR THE FRIGGING LAST TIME, (lol) I AM NOT A TREE.

You can call me a Sagi fanboy (just because i'm the only Baten Kaitos fan on these boards), you can call me the breaker of the 4th walls in SSE's, and you can even call me a failure in math (i only get 57% in acadamic class XP) but you can never call me a tree......

THAT IS ALL.
Permission grant acknowledged. Objective complete. Mission successful! :)

D

Deleted member

Permission grant acknowledged. Objective complete. Mission successful! :)
XD

Yeah, but now that there won't be a Sagi moveset in 4.0, you can't call me that forever XD.

Though if you do, i got two words for you: PREPARE YOURSELF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom