• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Anyway, I'm not qualified to talk about this. I only ever played Star Fox 64... Why are we talking about all this anyway? :confused:
Me neither...I'M SORRY, I FELT THE NEED TO DEFEND KRYSTAL AGAIN! Maybe I'm just Krystal biased because Adventures was my first Star Fox game and I loved it....

Anyway, uh, to be slightly on-topic, I guess I will be hopping on the MYM train for the next contest instead of this one.

D

Deleted member

But what about "Chicks before *****..." Lol, no, seriously, Wolf is cool. I like Wolf.

PS: I didn't even realize... I'm surprised the censor doesn't nab that one.
Furry sex organs. :dizzy:

On a brighter note, my Garland is coming along well. I'm thinking of doing a Solidus one after him, although I may go for Saren from Mass Effect for variety's sake.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Chris Lionheart said:
Just "floating" instead of dashing doesn't really sound like a mechanic to me.

Look at Algol in SCIV, he floats rather than walking and dashing, yet he still has a dash attack.
Dracula just doesn't run. That's all there is to it. He's got other methods of covering ground just as well as if he could dash, and in some cases even better than any other character. He can "walk", but that's it.

MisterWarlord said:
Any vampires you guys would like to see?
Dracula! :bee:

...Uh...the only other videogame vampire I'd like to see is Jiang-Shi, the hidden boss in Order of Ecclesia that you can't ever kill. But A) I can't find a picture of it, and B) he'd be broken. Actually, you could do Kain (from the Soul Reaver/Legacy of Kain games) as well. OH YEAH

BUT

If I could extend the reins out to other media, how'z'bout:

D

OR

Louis

OR

Alucard

OR

Beyond the Grave​

Anyway.

Two more things.

@the Soul Calibur plot discussion: Stop that. No fighting game has a plot. Stop talking about it. The next person to talk about it gets Mendez Slapped Murdered©.

@the Star Fox plot discussion: This too. Krystal = sex appeal, nothing else. Bros before hos, dude. LOLKURSED

D

Deleted member

Would you guys prefer to see Solidus or Saren, by the way? Not saying your thoughts will effect my decision much, unless your name is SmashBrosMike.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Lei-Lei is a Jiang Shi, as well! XO
Yeah but the Jiang-Shi in Castlevania is basically Dracula's eternal rival that's been imprisoned beneath Dracula's Castle for all eternity. His dungeon is harder than Dracula's, he has WAY more HP than him, and he's a lot bigger. And you can't ever kill him, even with the Anti-Dracula glyph, Dominus.

Which is WAY cooler than and Darkstalkers character IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. :bee:

EDIT - Wait...Solidus Snake, you mean? And the alien guy from Mass Effect? If that's right...then I vote for Doc Oc Solidus.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
You're planning on doing Solidus Snake? Please do him. I'd love to see that.

How the hell is a stereotypical ***** bad in a cast full of stereotypical characters? Fox is far more generic then Krystal is, he's just the hero with no real personality. He's non canon. And wait, a character can be non canon because you hate them? Okay, Falco is non canon in Starfox because he was in Brawl instead of Mewtwo despite him being a clone and Mewtwo having an original moveset. And I hate Slippy because of his voice, and Peppy because he won't stop tellingn me to DO A BARREL ROLL. And you've already eliminated Krystal. So. . .Team Starfox is completely non canon, Andross rules the world. Good job.

Would a character who has potential for infinite recovery that wasn't gimpable be broken if they were lighter then Jigglypuff?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
How the hell is a stereotypical ***** bad in a cast full of stereotypical characters? Fox is far more generic then Krystal is, he's just the hero with no real personality. He's non canon. And wait, a character can be non canon because you hate them? Okay, Falco is non canon in Starfox because he was in Brawl instead of Mewtwo despite him being a clone and Mewtwo having an original moveset. And I hate Slippy because of his voice, and Peppy because he won't stop tellingn me to DO A BARREL ROLL. And you've already eliminated Krystal. So. . .Team Starfox is completely non canon, Andross rules the world. Good job.
Stereotypical is bad because Krystal wasn't ever supposed to be part of StarFox when they made her.

It would be like if Kojima had made up Snake, but then Konami at the last second canceled Metal Gear, and stuck the character in Ikari Warriors instead.

But I think we need to just stop talking about this.

Would a character who has potential for infinite recovery that wasn't gimpable be broken if they were lighter then Jigglypuff?
Yes. They'd always win time matches, since they could just float up on the ceiling until time ran out.

D

Deleted member

What if the person also fell incredibly fast, so that they couldn't hog the top of the stage?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
[blablabla about Star Fox]
Yay, Andross is awesome anyway.
I can live with the heroes being heroes, since practically every hero is generic and the villains or side characters normally always recieve far more personality. Hell, Luigi has more personality than Mario, Peach or Bowser.
Sure, Fox is generic, but he was in there from the beginning and has been generic since then. Krystal was added merely for the reason to have a girl in the cast. Not more, not less. And that's why I dislike her even more than anyone else. If she should ever show something detaching her from this role, I will probably stop hating her. She was not even supposed to be part of the Star Fox cast in the first place.

But I guess we should stop argueing about that. I hate Krystal and I wish she was never created. That's my opinion and I stand with it, no matter how much arguments you will bring to me speaking against it.
So let's just stop talking about her. I'm growing tired of stating the same over and over again.

Which is WAY cooler than any Darkstalkers character IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. :bee:
;-;
But... it's Darkstalkers... T-T

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
What if the person also fell incredibly fast, so that they couldn't hog the top of the stage?
If they fall so fast that they can't maintain a certain height, then what's the point of an infinite recovery?

Then they'd either only be able to stay at the height they're already at (like an infinitely-floating Peach), or eventually fall to the ground anyways. Which is just...just silly.

Spadefox said:
Yay, Andross is awesome anyway.
Yes. Yes he is.

Also Darkstalkers...if fine and all, but Capcom has A LOT better fighting games in it's roster. Heck, Red Earth is better than most DS games. Q-Bee's awesome though!

D

Deleted member

If they fall so fast that they can't maintain a certain height, then what's the point of an infinite recovery?

Then they'd either only be able to stay at the height they're already at (like an infinitely-floating Peach), or eventually fall to the ground anyways. Which is just...just silly.
It's a catch 22, I suppose. An infinite recovery is impractical until you hinder its infinite properties. :embarrass

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Also Darkstalkers...if fine and all, but Capcom has A LOT better fighting games in it's roster. Heck, Red Earth is better than most DS games. Q-Bee's awesome though!
D:

Darkstalkers is awsoom. It has the most freaky cast evar. A zombie rockstar, a insane Chinese vampire, a succubus and a Red Riding Hood armed with bazookas and drinking granny's wine away.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
MEWTWO not FOR BRAWL

@Spade: Yeah but...it's just not a fun game. Freaking Rival Schools is more balanced and playable than every DS game besides Dark Tower, and that's on the PSP, which means it's unplayable anyways because the PSP sucks for fighting games.

@ArdeS: ...Yeah, wow. It's amazing how far we've come in only a couple months from way back then. I remember reviewing that moveset, actually. Awesome AT.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Spade: Yeah but...it's just not a fun game. Freaking Rival Schools is more balanced and playable than every DS game besides Dark Tower, and that's on the PSP, which means it's unplayable anyways because the PSP sucks for fighting games.
I think it is playable, it's just not easy. I've only played the Saturn ports, though.

Still I think it's lovable just for that cast. I love Capcom for the fact they always get the most strange ideas for games. =o

D

Deleted member

Approximately two-hundred-and-fifty pages a month, fifty-eight pages a week and eight pages a day. This thread is fast.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
QFT. All chars in canon games are canon. even if they are a mary sue (krystal pretty much is). I shall say no more on the subject :bee:

In order to make this post not be spam: IF YOU'VE GOT MOVESETS TO POST, POST THEM NOW!!! I HAVE TO COMPLETE MY MYM AWARD LIST.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Sorry for being absent. I've been studying sheep (hush, it is for VERY SERIOUS reason), doing crosswords and homework, and generally I've been rather emotionally unstable recently. But I gotta be here for the end, I gotta!

Plus I've got a new moveset for MYM4

MIRIAM THE SPOTTED SHEEP WITH FOUR HORNS

You know you love it.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
In order to make this post not be spam: IF YOU'VE GOT MOVESETS TO POST, POST THEM NOW!!! I HAVE TO COMPLETE MY MYM AWARD LIST.
Umm. Tomorrow? Please?

Mendez, Mendez. With all your obscure references and vast knowledge of randomness, you didn't get the Dolly joke? Tsk tsk.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
But she doesn't have FOUR HORNS. She fails.

That's a Jacob sheep. Fabulous, no?
No.

Fun Fact!: ol' Chief Mendez used to raise Jacob Sheep (among others) for his local 4H Center. After about four years of feeding, cleaning, herding, and shearing the things, you eventually become able to see what the animals truly are: total jerks.

@K.Rool: NO U

@half_silver: So...you said you did this in MYM2, right? Could you maybe gimme a general description of what exactly "it" is?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
OMLOLZ. This forum is rated E.

By "sex," he actually meant "cheese and crackers," kids.

[/SavedByTheKibble]

half_silver28

Smash Ace
@half_silver: So...you said you did this in MYM2, right? Could you maybe gimme a general description of what exactly "it" is?
The MYM awards are 'it'. In MYM2, I only had people vote for 'best moveset designer'. I decided to make it a bit more special for MYM3 & have a multitude of categories for people to vote on, including things such as 'best SSE', 'funniest MYM poster' & 'best one(or 2)-hit wonder'. My initial list is on page 450, but I'm making an updated version to post once the thread stops accepting entries. :p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I could make a stellar Weegee moveset...
I'd love to see it in MYM4, although there already was a Weegee moveset done in MYM2...you may want to check it out and eliminate any similarities that may exist...

And only moveset submissions end November 1, not tomorrow, but the day after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom