• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGEu4vhbrGo

See. If you think that the ice then grows to cover the four corners [of the Earth], then explain why Siegfred says, "two like us were never meant to exist in this world", only to destroy it?
I remember that quote, but it probably doesn't have much significance.

It does say that the world was covered or something like that, so unless people can eat and live off of crystal, then its safe to assume that everyone is dead.

Perhaps the Soul Calibur acted on its own.... it isn't a true "holy sword" by nature, but rather purified crystals from the Soul Edge.

D

Deleted member

I remember that quote, but it probably doesn't have much significance.

It does say that the world was covered or something like that, so unless people can eat crystal, then its safe to assume that everyone is dead.

Perhaps the Soul Calibur acted on its own.... it isn't a true "holy sword" by nature, but rather purified crystals from the Soul Edge.
You elaborate on the words too much, when we are shown, clearly, that the ice basically halts once it freezes Siegfred and Nightmare. Or, if you want to nitpick, it slows to a crawl, at which speed the world would be completely crystalized in a million years.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
You elaborate on the words too much, when we are shown, clearly, that the ice basically halts once it freezes Siegfred and Nightmare. Or, if you want to nitpick, it slows to a crawl, at which speed the world would be completely crystalized in a million years.

Elaboration and common sense assumption are two different things. But this is really starting to become spam.

So back on topic, please.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Not trying to defend him not being an anti-hero, but wouldn't you want to kill him for picking up the Soul Edge, making Nightmare.
Yeah, but the honerable Hilde? (Though she does forgive him)....btw, is Hilde from Soul Calibur Legends? She really seems like she would be, or is she from the original story in 3?

D

Deleted member

Elaboration and common sense assumption are two different things.
Congrulations on coming to this conclusion without outside help. :psycho:

I'll hopefully have Garland finished by the end of today (it's 2:40am and I'm going to bed soon), at which point I'll start on someone else. I have a couple of Final Fantasy characters lined up to do, but I may concentrate on an idea that is completely different for variety's sake.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Congrulations on coming to this conclusion without outside help. :psycho:

I'll hopefully have Garland finished by the end of today (it's 2:40am and I'm going to bed soon), at which point I'll start on someone else. I have a couple of Final Fantasy characters lined up to do, but I may concentrate on an idea that is completely different for variety's sake.
The screen goes black and the epilogue tells us the world will soon be "covered in crystals, making it a utopia without wars or suffering".

How much assumption does it take to make logic of this?

So much for a million years or any BS like that.

And even if the world somehow miraculously survived that, then he is still an anti-hero because of the fact that he murdered his father, went insane, and then strove only to seek redemption.... He's no goody-to-shoes.... he's just trying to make up for what he's caused.

@Cheap Josh

Hilde is wonderful..... why do you hate her? Is it because she is the only character in SCIV not dressed revealingly. She is quite attractive and has been called "The most alluring female in Soul Calibur."

She isn't a bad fighter either.

D

Deleted member

The screen goes black and the epilogue tells us the world will soon be "covered in crystals, making it a utopia without wars or suffering".

How much assumption does it take to make logic of this?

So much for a million years or any BS like that.

And even if the world somehow miraculously survived that, then he is still an anti-hero because of the fact that he murdered his father, went insane, and then strove only to seek redemption.... He's no goody-to-shoes.... he's just trying to make up for what he's caused.
Jeez...

You've elaborated on to the quaint 'covering the world with crystals' hypothesize suggested by saying that this inherently means the world is now frozen and everyone dead or indeed suspended in animation. This not only makes no sense from a Siegfred standpoint (sure, he once was evil, but at this point he wields the Soul Calibur and his only motive is redemption), but neither from a Soul Calibur prospective. The sword may not be pure good, but it isn't benevolent evil either. There's no reason why what you're suggesting would happen, which is why it is not a smart assumption.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Jeez...

You've elaborated on to the quaint 'covering the world with crystals' hypothesize suggested by saying that this inherently means the world is now frozen and everyone dead or indeed suspended in animation. This not only makes no sense from a Siegfred standpoint (sure, he once was evil, but at this point he wields the Soul Calibur and his only motive is redemption), but neither from a Soul Calibur prospective. The sword may not be pure good, but it isn't benevolent evil either. There's no reason why what you're suggesting would happen, which is why it is not a smart assumption.
Everything fits.....

How can the world being covered in ice not mean its frozen and/or everyone is in suspending animation?

Also it is completely human nature to kill other humans and it says that there is no war or suffering.... how the **** can that happen if everyone is alive?

There doesn't have to be a reason why it happens, you have said yourself that SC doesn't have much of an actual story line.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
@Cheap Josh

Hilde is wonderful..... why do you hate her? Is it because she is the only character in SCIV not dressed revealingly. She is quite attractive and has been called "The most alluring female in Soul Calibur."
No I don't care about her wardrobe and she's fine as a character. But, her fighting mechanic is the whackest thing ever. You stab, hold the button, release to stab again or some crap like that... I can't fight like that.

And she's slow.

D

Deleted member

Everything fits.....

How can the world being covered in ice not mean its frozen and/or everyone is in suspending animation?

Also it is completely human nature to kill other humans and it says that there is no war or suffering.... how the **** can that happen if everyone is alive?

There doesn't have to be a reason why it happens, you have said yourself that SC doesn't have much of an actual story line.
No. SC is written by a bunch of monkeys, but they understand continuity somewhat. If you say that the world is covered in crystals, but no one is hurt, fine, that I may understand, but that doesn't make Seigfred an anti-hero. And then - as you say - if it is all possibly the sword, for whatever bat**** insane reason conjured up at that last minute, then it isn't Siegfred's fault either. The Soul Calibur doesn't control people, after all.

Moving on to the ice... the epilogue's suggested peace probably means peace from the fighting between the swords, as that is the basis for the entire storyline. World peace is of little relevance and thus it is doubtful that they'd throw that in there at the end of the game.

I go bed now nighty night.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
No I don't care about her wardrobe, and she's fine as a character. But, her fight mechanic is the whackest thing ever. You stab, hold the button, release to stab again or some crap like that... I can't fight like that.

And she's slow.
She certainly isn't low tier though.... and isn't terribly slow.

Her spear packs some insane range might I add.

Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's bad.

Btw... does Zasalamel have any balancing factors.... his attacks are fairly fast, very far reaching, powerful, and combo well..... he's like Snake tilts.... but better.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's bad.
I don't not like her, I'm just convinced she's bad. I actually mained her for a pretty long time before I realized I was wasting time as far as... not sucking... and so I switched to Maxi and Schez (Amy). Also her ranged attack leaves her open to the world if you miss.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I don't not like her, I'm just convinced she's bad. I actually mained her for a pretty long time before I realized I was wasting time as far as... not sucking... and so I switched to Maxi and Schez (Amy). Also her ranged attack leaves her open to the world if you miss.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
I don't main her, but I can tell she isn't bottom tier material.

I use the two chinese sword characters (male and female) and Kilik the most. Actually I use my awesome custom characters the most (but they use those styles).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Sheesh. I leave for a while, return and see a pile of Soul Calibur talk... again. >_>

For the Wolf-thing:
Wolf's position is pretty unclear. In his first appearance in Star Fox 64 he was clearly an enemy, a mercenary, who was hired by Andross to take Star Fox down. Team Star Wolf did return in all games ('cept for Adventures, but I still don't count that as canon to Star Fox), and Wolf more and more turned into some kind of darker semi-evil rival with the attitude of "There's only one person in the universe who's allowed to kill you, Fox - me."
That's the reason he helps out Fox on occasion and saves him.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Sheesh. I leave for a while, return and see a pile of Soul Calibur talk... again. >_>

For the Wolf-thing:
Wolf's position is pretty unclear. In his first appearance in Star Fox 64 he was clearly an enemy, a mercenary, who was hired by Andross to take Star Fox down. Team Star Wolf did return in all games ('cept for Adventures, but I still don't count that as canon to Star Fox), and Wolf more and more turned into some kind of darker semi-evil rival with the attitude of "There's only one person in the universe who's allowed to kill you, Fox - me."
That's the reason he helps out Fox on occasion and saves him.
Wolf just becomes more and more like Vegeta in each game. It's hard to not count Advnetures as canon when none of the games after it could even happen if Adventures didn't considering Krystal would not exist.

Adapt

Smash Lord
when does this end? I have a 1/2 finished moveset that I haven't had much time to work on and I should try to get in before this closes

D

Deleted member

It finishes the day after tomorrow. I recommend you keep your moveset until MYM4 at this point, which should come out sometime next week (?).

Adapt

Smash Lord
That's a good idea because I don't have time to finish it this week

I was thinking maybe on the weekend

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
It finishes the day after tomorrow. I recommend you keep your moveset until MYM4 at this point, which should come out sometime next week (?).
Nope... there will be one week for advertising your movesets after the contest officially closes, then there will be the voting, the announcement of the winners, and then the talk about MYM 4.0, until the thread opens - this is, when MYM 3.0 will be completely closed.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, it'll be basically a week of people posting "OMG CHECK OUT XYZ and ABC! PLEASE VOTE FOR THEM! <3"

I personally think it's unnecessary, because spamfest, but that week gives people the opportunity to finish their movesets, as well, if they should want to change something.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Krystal isn't canon for me, either. She is plainly making cameos.
That's kind of ridiculous; they clearly intended for Krystal to become part of the team, as they remodeled her from the main character of Dinosaur Planet, and they didn't have to have her *spoilers* join Star Fox at the end. But they did. What, can we not advance the plot from Star Fox 64?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The plot after Star Fox Adventures works without Krystal as well, though.

I consider Star Fox Adventures as spin-off, much like Sonic Riders is a spin-off and Jet the Hawk a spin-off character. That's my opinion, and I won't go away from it. Even when Shigeru Miyamoto himself paid me a visit and told me: "Spade, Krystal is canon.", I still would consider her not being canon.
Star Fox Adventures is not even Star Fox Adventures to me, but still Dinosaur Planet.

I don't like Krystal. There is a huge amount of characters who deserve to be in a possible sequel more than Krystal is, and I hate her simply for the fact that she is probably the dullest character the Star Fox cast has ever seen - and hell, even Slippy isn't that dull, because he's the team's mechanic, while Krystal is just shaking her boobies, making out with the whole teams of Star Fox and Star Wolf and not being useful in any other way.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Sorry, Smash Daddy, but making out with all male major characters of the cast seems to be the only reason for Krystal to exist.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The plot after Star Fox Adventures works without Krystal as well, though.

I consider Star Fox Adventures as spin-off, much like Sonic Riders is a spin-off and Jet the Hawk a spin-off character. That's my opinion, and I won't go away from it. Even when Shigeru Miyamoto himself paid me a visit and told me: "Spade, Krystal is canon.", I still would consider her not being canon.
Star Fox Adventures is not even Star Fox Adventures to me, but still Dinosaur Planet.

I don't like Krystal. There is a huge amount of characters who deserve to be in a possible sequel more than Krystal is, and I hate her simply for the fact that she is probably the dullest character the Star Fox cast has ever seen - and hell, even Slippy isn't that dull, because he's the team's mechanic, while Krystal is just shaking her boobies, making out with the whole teams of Star Fox and Star Wolf and not being useful in any other way.
Sorry, Smash Daddy, but making out with all male major characters of the cast seems to be the only reason for Krystal to exist.
Honestly, it just sounds like you're hating her just to hate, but to each his own.

Krystal for SSB4, to shut up all the haters

D

Deleted member

I hate Krystal as she could possibly have kept Wolf out of Brawl. Bros before hoes, Fox.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I don't think Krystal was THAT bad. She saved my butt once when I was fighting the final boss of assualt on hard difficulty. And she was decently interesting in command.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Honestly, it just sounds like you're hating her just to hate, but to each his own.
No, I hate her for the sole reason that among the already rather personality-less characters in Star Fox she is the one with the smallest personality. She is dull, flat (character-wise, not physically), and has no use at all.
Really, I like additions to casts in series normally very much, and especially if they're females, but Krystal has bugged me since Adventures.

I hate Krystal as she could possibly have kept Wolf out of Brawl. Bros before hoes, Fox.
?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
No, I hate her for the sole reason that among the already rather personality-less characters in Star Fox she is the one with the smallest personality. She is dull, flat (character-wise, not physically), and has no use at all.
Really, I like additions to casts in series normally very much, and especially if they're females, but Krystal has bugged me since Adventures.

?
I can agree that she is way too stereotypically submissive, but I just don't think she's had the chance to shine yet. Even Falco and Slippy are just other members of the team nowadays (but good teamwork is good). I don't agree with the furry boob/hoe thing that people keep bringing up just because she's a female. Hopefully, Krystal and the rest of the cast get to do significant things in the future (though I did miss out on the Star Fox Command drama).

Also, I agree, ?

D

Deleted member

There was much discussion back before Brawl came out on the subject... unless you think I was talking to you with 'Fox'. I meant Fox McCloud.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I knew you meant Fox McCloud, but I didn't understand what you were saying with that sentence.

@flyinfilipino:
If Krystal ever should do something INTERESTING, I maybe can change my mind. I even changed my mind on Amy Rose from hating her to liking her, so it is possible to change my mind. As long as she is just the - as you said - stereotypical female addition just to have a female in the cast, I won't like her.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
But what about "Chicks before *****..." Lol, no, seriously, Wolf is cool. I like Wolf.

PS: I didn't even realize... I'm surprised the censor doesn't nab that one.

Anyway, I'm not qualified to talk about this. I only ever played Star Fox 64... Why are we talking about all this anyway? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom