• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I was being sarcastic with that statement. I can see that my Voldo moveset is horrendously bad, only average at this point, if not below it. I haven't read Mia, but I'd still say twilthero's Leonardo was better then Voldo. It just raised the standard at the time it came out, whih is way it got the praise it did. It was a major part of the detail movement alongside Dracula.

I fully accept your explanation, Blitzkrieg, but it's still a shame. Feel like making one for anyone else from the series? Perhaps just revising your Dingodile from mym 2.0?

And I'm not making Algol or Hilde because I haven't played Soul Calibur 4 due to not owning a 360 or PS3, and I probably won't for a long time until the price of the console drops. If I do anyone else from Soul Calibur, it's Zasalamel.
Do you seriously think that your Voldo is better than my Chris Lionheart, or my Pelleas for that matter?

It didn't raise the standard, it just met it. The only great thing about it is its great organization.

Thats a shame...... I wish I could see you make Algol..... but I would really like to see what you could do with Zasalamel though.

If I were to make a SC character it would probably be one of my favorites, such as Raphael, Xianghu, Siegfried, Kilik... or the best of all Yuang-Hu or whatever his name is.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
What!? No Tira!? Oh.....you werent here for that convo......anyway, why no Tira, shed make an awesome multi moveset!
True, but I love Zasalamel as a character, my favorite after Astaroth and Zasalamel has an easy excuse to make original moves - he can use magic. And he's black yet isn't a corrupt politication named Obama who's aiming to take over the world.

Tira's mood swings would be decently unique and interesting, but if I did her it'd be her Soul Calibur 3 design anyway.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
True, but I love Zasalamel as a character, my favorite after Astaroth and Zasalamel has an easy excuse to make original moves - he can use magic. And he's black yet isn't a corrupt politication named Obama who's aiming to take over the world.

Tira's mood swings would be decently unique and interesting, but if I did her it'd be her Soul Calibur 3 design anyway.
HAHA Obama burn... but its true though.

How is Obama even winning....... we're doomed.

I agree, Tira would be interesting, but Yuang-Hu's wild personality and graceful kicks are just awesome. His triple kick combo would be a great up smash.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman

Sure it wouldnt just be a costume change? I liked the green hair in 3 but her clothes are better in 4, sides, who doesnt love tossin people in the air and throwin a spinnin ring of doom at them?

And how do we know Zasalem isn't Obama? Sure he aint just testing us? (Anyone that saw his end in 4 knows wat i mean)

D

Deleted member

Alright, I just finished up on the first part of Garland's moveset section (movement, standard combo, tilts) and it is all rather detailed, with a paragraph a move as standard. It's looking quite good so far.

D

Deleted member

If I were to make a SC character it would probably be one of my favorites, such as Raphael, Xianghu, Siegfried, Kilik... or the best of all Yuang-Hu or whatever his name is.
Wow. I was, when i first came to this thread, was thinking about doing Kilik myself. Though nothing creative came to my head, so i decided nah.

Also, the only SC game i ever played was number 2 lulz.

Though with this in thought, i might make him in 4.0 after all :bee: only maybe though.

I haven't read Mia, but I'd still say twilthero's Leonardo was better then Voldo.
Here that everyone? This is coming from a pro. :bee:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
As far as the Chris Lionheart vs Voldo argument, after skimming your moveset in your name it's too under detailed for me to particularly be fond of it. Your Ashencroft moveset is way better. Chris does have good organization, but the moveset is rather bare bones. What I do give you credit for is describing your original character well, but then again I have my extras in my moveset.

To put it bluntly, the main reason I think Voldo's better is detail. But of course I'm going to be biased towards my own creations.

The only reason my movesets are good is because I'm rarely satisfied and try to raise the bar with each of my movesets. If you read through all my movesets, you can notice a significant increase in quality with each set. It's impossible to think the person who made K. Rool is the same who made Cervantes. I'm hoping Cortex and Tiny will make yet another significant gap in my moveset making history of quality movesets, raising the bar once more at the start of mym 4. The extras are like double the length of the moveset.

Raphael may be decently interesting with his vampiric abilities, but I wouldn't be good at putting his rapier fighting style. After Cortex and Tiny then Dimentio, I've been thinking of doing a vampiric character. Candidates include:

-Vamp (Metal Gear Solid 2/4)
-Varimithras/Mal'gannis/Tichondrius/Balnazzaar/Detheorc/Generic Warcraft 3 Dreadlord (Warcraft)
-Raphael (Soul Calibur)
-Any other vampires I think of

I'm thinking the vampire will have a blood storing mechanic. Some of their moves will let them suck blood, and them some moves will utilize the blood, them not able to use any more of these moves when the blood they've sucked runs out. Any vampires you guys would like to see?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Soul Calibur practically has no story, don't pretend that it does.
Don't talk until you've visited the Soul Calibur Wiki..... blasphemer.

@MW
Bare bones? Nah... if it gets the job done perfectly, then nothing more needs to be said. If 50 words says the same thing as 5000 words, then I choose 50.

Raphael doesn't use a particularly rapier-like style..... rapier's are designed for fencing and stabbing, neither of which is used by Raphael much.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
The main Soul Calibur storyline has little to no story, but if you read the profiles you'll find that the characters have surprisingly detailed back stories. The series has well develoepd characters, it's a shame the main story can't be good. I for one would like to see a Soul Calibur RPG.

And you're right, Zasalamel clearly kept reincarnating to live up to the present day. He's Obama. Since he can't kill himself, he plans to make everyone else's lives as miserable as his own.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
The main Soul Calibur storyline has little to no story, but if you read the profiles you'll find that the characters have surprisingly detailed back stories. The series has well develoepd characters, it's a shame the main story can't be good. I for one would like to see a Soul Calibur RPG.

And you're right, Zasalamel clearly kept reincarnating to live up to the present day. He's Obama. Since he can't kill himself, he plans to make everyone else's lives as miserable as his own.
I take it you never played Soul Calibur Legends? (True it was pretty dumb, but Soul Calibur none the less)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Also, Zasalamel's motives aren't evil, all he wants to do is kill himself, but look at Soul Calibur 3. He's the main antagonist in that, he's more heavily featured then Nightmare and Siegfried, he's the bloody final boss. He's perfectly okay with killing people to kill himself. He's gone off his rocker, like most characters in the series, I'd say he's evil.

I have played Soul Calibur Legends to the end due to my SC fandom. It was terrible, thuogh not as bad as they say. I mean a traditional Japan style RPG that features turn based battles, and much more importantly a very heavy story.

(These typos are due to me using a laptop, the keys are awkward to use.)

D

Deleted member

Also, Zasalamel's motives aren't evil, all he wants to do is kill himself, but look at Soul Calibur 3. He's the main antagonist in that, he's more heavily featured then Nightmare and Siegfried, he's the bloody final boss. He's perfectly okay with killing people to kill himself. He's gone off his rocker, like most characters in the series, I'd say he's evil.
Indeed. It is in Soul Calibur 4 where his personality completely changes, inexplicably. In Soul Calibur 3, he's featured heavily in everyone's story mode (god forbid) and as the final boss everytime.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion

I have played Soul Calibur Legends to the end due to my SC fandom. It was terrible, thuogh not as bad as they say. I mean a traditional Japan style RPG that features turn based battles, and much more importantly a very heavy story.

(These typos are due to me using a laptop, the keys are awkward to use.)
He has non-evil motives, he is just willing to do anything to meet them (thus making him a neutral).

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
He's an anti-hero by that description.
Lets not get technical please..... but whatever the difference is small.

And technically, Siegfried is an anti-hero as well and he's the series main protagonist.

I might as well give a first sneak peak at my upcoming Sam Lionheart moveset (which I plan to make better than the original moveset wise).

Final Smash-
Lionheart Combo
Sam throws his axe, which flies forward about the distance of Final Destination, which makes its hitbox similar to Critical Hit.
The thrown axe sticks into the first person it hits. (10% damage)
After the axe hit, Sam runs up to the foe quickly and says "I'll make this quick.... Witness the Lionheart might!"
He then pulls his axe out of them and hits for the head (10% damage).
After this hit, he performs a hit for the hamstring (low hit) (10% damage).
After the second hit has landed, he follows up from the axes currently low position, performing his Crescent Slash (forward Smash attack) with increased vertical knockback. (15% damage.)
The last hit kills at percentages as low as 70%.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
In 4, he no longer wants to die, and no, it doesnt just magically change T.T, He sees a vision of the future, with flying metal birds, and humans in machines on wheels, he decides that he wants to see this future and that eternal life isnt so bad, and so he becomes a father time figure, watching over humanity for all of eternity

D

Deleted member

Lets not get technical please..... but whatever the difference is small.
I don't think his motives are particularly graceful, to be honest... let's bar SC4 from this conversation; he is bitter after making himself immortal, despite it being against the rule of his tribe. Eventually, he decides - even though it was all his fault to begin with - that even if it means the end of the world, he'll kill himself. Where's the good will?

Siegfred is just a plain old hero in SC3 and SC4, nothing at all bad about his motives and what he does to accomplish them.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Any vampires you guys would like to see?
Dracula!

...Oh wait...

Technically, you could do Bram Stoker's Dracula instead of the Castlevania Dracula, but it's not a clear distinction...

You could always make it Nosferatu. After all, that's the same as Dracula, but cooler-sounding.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
He's an anti-hero by that description.
No, an anti-hero is the person that is against the protaganist (whomevers story you choose) Zasalem is nat against anybody, he just randomley appears and f*cks with everybody, then transforms at the end, no one likes him but everyone has better enemies

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I know his motives change in Soul Calibur 4, but still. . .How many other main characters have actually been a final boss canonically?

He's among the main antagonists in the series, alongside Inferno, Cervantes, Nightmare, and now Algol in Soul Calibur 4.

I'm going to base him off Soul Calibur 3 if I make him, Abyss more likely then not being the final smash and him having plenty of "Zassicide" moves to reflect his suidicial personality.

D

Deleted member

No, an anti-hero is the person that is against the protaganist (whomevers story you choose) Zasalem is nat against anybody, he just randomley appears and f*cks with everybody, then transforms at the end, no one likes him but everyone has better enemies
No, an anti-hero is a character who has good motives, but goes about meeting them without tact or morality. An anti-villain is the polar opposite.

D

Deleted member

Isn't he simply a bounty hunter who wants to destroy Fox?
Recently, he's been presented as more of a rival to Fox than a villain. I'm not sure about anything else, but I do know the definitions of an anti-hero / anti-villain.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I don't think his motives are particularly graceful, to be honest... let's bar SC4 from this conversation; he is bitter after making himself immortal, despite it being against the rule of his tribe. Eventually, he decides - even though it was all his fault to begin with - that even if it means the end of the world, he'll kill himself. Where's the good will?

Siegfred is just a plain old hero in SC3 and SC4, nothing at all bad about his motives and what he does to accomplish them.
Siegfried covers the entire world in crystal (thus probably ending all life) at the end of SCIV.

I think that counts as a bad method.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Curious, I was left confused at the end of the demons story, does she
hook up with Algol, or become like a daughter to him or what?
I forget which characters spare him, but I believe Xiang-hu (sp?) is one of them.

The most convincing evidence of him being an anti-hero (or even a true hero) is Sophitia's ending.

Algol was possessed the whole time, so can you really blame him for anything?

D

Deleted member

Siegfried covers the entire world in crystal (thus probably ending all life) at the end of SCIV.

I think that counts as a bad method.
Er, no he doesn't. He covers himself and Nightmare in ice, along with their swords. :laugh:

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
I forget which characters spare him, but I believe Xiang-hu (sp?) is one of them.

The most convincing evidence of him being an anti-hero (or even a true hero) is Sophitia's ending.

Algol was possessed the whole time, so can you really blame him for anything?
true, but ya gotta admit it was satisfying to see Darth Vader kill him in the end

D

Deleted member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGEu4vhbrGo

See. If you think that the ice then grows to cover the four corners [of the Earth], then explain why Siegfred says, "Our kind should not exist in this world. Not ever again", only to destroy it? The 'after-text' is all deeper meaning and silly; perhaps even lost in translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom