• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I agree that no one should be prohibited from posting what they want, but highlighting areas that users could write about may save some explaining later in the thread, or give assistance when necessary.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
We're working on a couple different templates that people can use for movesets that include all the necessary elements.

D

Deleted member

That's good also. A more inviting basis for this concept is needed, Mendez seems to believe it will happen and I am glad to see his modesty has rubbed off somewhat on the powers that be, in this community.

D

Deleted member

A preview wouldn't spoil at all, I want to see it.

First post on the 500th page? What an honour. :chuckle:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
That's good also. A more inviting basis for this concept is needed, Mendez seems to believe it will happen and I am glad to see his modesty has rubbed off somewhat on the powers that be, in this community.
It never seemed uninviting to me. Sure, I was nervous when I posted Vulturon, my first ever move set, But the first comments I got were positive ones from CheapJosh and Spadefox, two regular posters. And after that, whenever a newcomer
(lol newcomer in a Smash bros character creator)
would show up and post a move set that wasn't that good, The regulars (myself included) always tened to be nice about encouraging improvment.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
A preview wouldn't spoil at all, I want to see it.

First post on the 500th page? What an honour. :chuckle:
T.T Thief.....If ya wanna see why I'm annoyed refer to pg. 300 and pg. 400 anyway... ok, no colors or anything....let me set it up..... Ok, I know this style is extremley flawed, but as you can see it takes time to make and I'm not stopping with it until Roxas is done, I may edit him after he is done, anyway, this is probably his most boring attacks, everything else is to unique for me to put up in a preview

Roxas

or his alternate costume

Roxas the 13th member of Organization 13 joins the Brawl!

Attacks
Neutral- Roxas stabs forward with his right key blade, angling slightly to the left, this attack has relatively no knock back, the range of Marths stab, and deals between 3-5%, stopping now would cause little lag. Roxas pretty much repeats this, once again stabbing, but with his left key blade, angling it slightly to the right, with the same stats as the first attack, except stopping here would cause lag similar to Ike’s forward tilt. At this point, Roxas will have his arms crossed at the wrist forming a scissor effect with his key blades, he then slashes outward with both of his key blades, holding them to out at his sides when he has finished slashing, the knock back is standard for an AAA combo, the range being equal to the first two attacks, dealing between 4-6%. The lag, if the combo is completed, is relatively low, similar to that of Meta Knights forward tilt combo.

Specials
Forward (Stop/Stopra/Stopga)- Roxas turns to his left and folds his right arm over his chest while charging, charging takes two seconds, then he pushes his right arm forward, in front of him, creating a small translucent circle with clock arms about the size of a bumper, in front of him. Anything that touches the circle is 100% stopped until the spell wears off. Stop last 2 secs., Stopra (1 sec. charge) last 3 secs., Stopga (2 sec. charge) last 4 secs. This attack has no knock back and deals no damage. The range is equal to a bumper in front of Roxas and has a one second lag time. Note that this is a severely concentrated form of the attack.

Grabs
Grab description (Needed)- 13 (Though the 13 won’t be obvious, just lots of) lines will all cross in front of Roxas, anyone hit is caught in the grab.

Neutral- After the opponent is grabbed the 13 lines fade, when you tap the grab, where one of those lines were, a light blade/ pillar will appear (if imagined right you’ll see a light pillar goring the opponent). This attack has no knock back since it is an attack grab. The range is probably an Ivysuar in front of Roxas but this attack does no damage, it is merely adding to the damage of the other grabs. This attack has the lag of any other Neutral Grab, allowing for it to be used around 3-4 times before a target breaks away (Usually).

Forward- All of the blades that were made with Roxases Neutral Grab will come back, whip around Roxas, then plow into the enemy at high speeds, not allowing knock back to kick in until they were hit with all of the light blades. The last light blade has the knock back of Wolfs Forward Tilt and has the same range as the Neutral Grab. This attack deals 4% for each light blade that was created and has no lag since it is a Grab.

D

Deleted member

It never seemed uninviting to me. Sure, I was nervous when I posted Vulturon, my first ever move set, But the first comments I got were positive ones from CheapJosh and Spadefox, two regular posters. And after that, whenever a newcomer
(lol newcomer in a Smash bros character creator)
would show up and post a move set that wasn't that good, The regulars (myself included) always tened to be nice about encouraging improvment.
It's nice enough and not totally non-inviting, per se, but it could definitely do with a brighter contents and cheerier inmates... not to compare it to a prison, of course. :dizzy:

T.T Thief.....If ya wanna see why I'm annoyed refer to pg. 300 and pg. 400 anyway... ok, no colors or anything....let me set it up.....
I look forward to seeing it.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
It's not a prison, by any means. I like to think of us more like a hotel. You can check out any time you like...

But I know what you mean. We're hoping to make it at least easier for newcomers into the contests to know what things are like and what to do so they don't make their first post in fear of the thread's regulars.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
I like Roxas' foward special, It could be the only way we'll ever get to have Meta Knight stop moving. :laugh:
I don't like MetaKnights.......I bring the pownage to them......anyway.... sorry I couldn't give more, everything else is supremo uniqueness that I dont wanna give away

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
From that, Shadow, I'd say Roxas is going to be very interesting. I think that you should definitely organize it a bit better, though. Otherwise it'll end up suffering from wall-of-text syndrome. I'd split it up into smaller paragraphs, one about appearance, one about stats of the attack. And loooots of colour. Maybe a "Notes" header.

Just my suggestion.

I know I have three reviews lined up... buuut with what Blitzkrieg just said, it seems I have until November 7 to finish them (and any others people may request) off. I'll have more time after the 31st, after I submit my final (and perhaps greatest) moveset.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Four months later and 500 pages in, MYM3 is finally ending. Four more days!
I'm anxious in seeing the end results.

In other news, I have a moveset for MYM4 done already (another OC, of course)... all it needs is some more pictures and a character description. Oh yeah, and this one is better than any of my MYM3 entries... although knowing me, it's probably broken.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Four months later and 500 pages in, MYM3 is finally ending. Four more days!
I'm anxious in seeing the end results.

In other news, I have a moveset for MYM4 done already (another OC, of course)... all it needs is some more pictures and a character description.
Great, your OCs are always interesting. I too have an opener OC moveset to submit, a duo character this time. This OC has been my pride and joy since 2nd freakin' grade, and will definitely be better than the OCs I used this contest!

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Josh, I just read the CEO out of boredom, and on the FS, I think you're talking about Dr. Wright. The one where the buildings shoot out of the ground? Yeah. Just thought I'd point that out.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Looking forward to that, cheap_josh. And also to yours, bkupa.

Wow, seems like almost all the regulars have some moveset or other lined up for the start of MYM 4. We're going to have an absolute flood of sets for the first few pages.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Ummm, don't include Roxas for "the beginning" because let me put it this way.... if I did the math correctly, his Final Smash will be larger than his entire moveset and extras put together.

D

Deleted member

Yep, i'll hopefully have my Savyna moveset done just in time for 4.0. I hope people will like it.

Thanks for all the comment to my SSE! My new chapter will be up tomorrow or thursday, depending on my mood. Going to feature the return of the fatman, the highflyer, the rejected DBZ character, the guy with red hair and a sword and the guy that happens to be a very fast hotdog.

Also, i just noticed Sagi's ending again in Chris' SSE. I lol'd.
Though i'll admit i'm a huge fan of my man Sagi. I actually fully support for the next smash game if Baten Kaitos can get a rep.

I'm going to work on my moveset this weekend I hope. I kind of need some help so Kibble,Josh, and Mendez(if he's sober) should watch for a PM.....
Well eexxxcccccuuuuusssseeeeee me princess. I can't help? Jerk.

J/k

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Ummm, don't include Roxas for "the beginning" because let me put it this way.... if I did the math correctly, his Final Smash will be larger than his entire moveset and extras put together.
Woooow. That's... kind of insane, actually. Alright, minus Shadow.

That still leaves bkupa, cheap_josh, TWILT, Sundance, all the COMMIES (I believe), myself, Hyper_Ridley, dancingfrogman, Spadefox, Junahu, Gryphon, smashbot (I think?) and probably a ton of other people I'm definitely forgetting.

D

Deleted member

This reply's fashionably late, fortunately for me.

Attacks
Neutral- Roxas stabs forward with his right key blade, angling slightly to the left, this attack has relatively no knock back, the range of Marths stab, and deals between 3-5%, stopping now would cause little lag. Roxas pretty much repeats this, once again stabbing, but with his left key blade, angling it slightly to the right, with the same stats as the first attack, except stopping here would cause lag similar to Ike’s forward tilt. At this point, Roxas will have his arms crossed at the wrist forming a scissor effect with his key blades, he then slashes outward with both of his key blades, holding them to out at his sides when he has finished slashing, the knock back is standard for an AAA combo, the range being equal to the first two attacks, dealing between 4-6%. The lag, if the combo is completed, is relatively low, similar to that of Meta Knights forward tilt combo.
You may want to re-phrase "to the left", as that could be interpreted widely. Also, "relatively no knock back" is a little nonsensical, as you offer nothing to relate to. Perhaps relate to one of the many tried-and-true, barely bugdeworthy standards attacks in Brawl. I won't mention these grammatical issues again unless they're quite jarring, but you need to work on your clarity somewhat - which is fine, this is only a preview. :)

Nothing of much note here. These ole AAA combos hardly bring out the best in 'newcomers', as Hyper_Ridley places them. Good.

Specials
Forward (Stop/Stopra/Stopga)- Roxas turns to his left and folds his right arm over his chest while charging, charging takes two seconds, then he pushes his right arm forward, in front of him, creating a small translucent circle with clock arms about the size of a bumper, in front of him. Anything that touches the circle is 100% stopped until the spell wears off. Stop last 2 secs., Stopra (1 sec. charge) last 3 secs., Stopga (2 sec. charge) last 4 secs. This attack has no knock back and deals no damage. The range is equal to a bumper in front of Roxas and has a one second lag time. Note that this is a severely concentrated form of the attack.
Charging takes two seconds, but then the individual spells take different charging times, which I don't understand. Clarify that. I really like this special and am / was thinking of using it with a future Garland [FFIX] moveset, in a similar way. I'll have to re-think it now. :embarrass

I think you need to re-phrase the last sentence. The sentence before that, I love your use of 'bumper', but lag time needs to be specified (ending or starting lag). Overall, great.

Grabs
Grab description (Needed)- 13 (Though the 13 won’t be obvious, just lots of) lines will all cross in front of Roxas, anyone hit is caught in the grab.
Imaginative. Maybe elaborate on how and in what formation the lines appear, though - I'm sure you were planning to for the full moveset.

Neutral- After the opponent is grabbed the 13 lines fade, when you tap the grab, where one of those lines were, a light blade/ pillar will appear (if imagined right you’ll see a light pillar goring the opponent). This attack has no knock back since it is an attack grab. The range is probably an Ivysuar in front of Roxas but this attack does no damage, it is merely adding to the damage of the other grabs. This attack has the lag of any other Neutral Grab, allowing for it to be used around 3-4 times before a target breaks away (Usually).
Why does it do no damage? You need to clarify that here. Everything else seems quite dandy, but a little description on where the lines appear and in what pattern would be efficient. I'd personally go for the old-fashioned one-two punch, where two specific lines materalise in order until the attack ends.

Forward- All of the blades that were made with Roxases Neutral Grab will come back, whip around Roxas, then plow into the enemy at high speeds, not allowing knock back to kick in until they were hit with all of the light blades. The last light blade has the knock back of Wolfs Forward Tilt and has the same range as the Neutral Grab. This attack deals 4% for each light blade that was created and has no lag since it is a Grab.
So this is what that N-Grab was all about... very cool. Does the attack hit standers-by as well? I think that would be appropriate given the disadvantage of the N-Grab. Do the N-Grab charges stack up, even if an opponent breaks free? Do they top off at thirteen?

I really like this moveset so far. I anticipate the full moveset well.

And I very much made a 'challenger approaching' image for Roxas without your consent. I love making these things. :chuckle:

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Hey, SD, you act as though the grab is underpowered, you think it would be stronger if I gave the neutral special more lag but allowed the blades to stay active if not used for the next grab (thatd be 52% at full 13 blade charge)

D

Deleted member

Hey, SD, you act as though the grab is underpowered, you think it would be stronger if I gave the neutral special more lag but allowed the blades to stay active if not used for the next grab (thatd be 52% at full 13 blade charge)
I'd consider that and what I said about hitting other opponents who are nearby, although that would obviously be of no benefit in a one-on-one.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Nuuuu! I've missed Page 500! Curse you, sleep! *shakes fist*

In other news, Guntz' normal moveset is near its completion. I need only Aerials, Throws and the description for the Final Smash. The rest is completely finished. ^_^

If Hyper_Ridley doesn't mind, I will use him as lector so he can make my horrible English into understandable English. \o/

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Nuuuu! I've missed Page 500! Curse you, sleep! *shakes fist*

In other news, Guntz' normal moveset is near its completion. I need only Aerials, Throws and the description for the Final Smash. The rest is completely finished. ^_^

If Hyper_Ridley doesn't mind, I will use him as lector so he can make my horrible English into understandable English. \o/
Fine with me.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Commander Blitzkrieg said:
The deadline for entries is November 1st. After this, there will be a week for updating and campaigning your entries. On November 7th, voting will begin. After the winners are declared, we'll discuss the next MYM.
Oh thank God. My ISP still isn't totally rock solid at my new place, so I was getting kind of worried I'd miss the voting. That extra week sounds wonderful (and spamilicious, I'm sure).

P.S. You really need to stop changing avatars so much. It hurts my brain. >.<

MasterWarlord said:
Sora by Chief Mendez has been reviewed.
YAYBEES

Left'cha a comment. :p

Shadow5667 said:
I like that you used Stop as an ability, even if it's basically useless in KH. Now all I need to be happy is a Reflectga that works the same as in it's origina game...i.e. "reflectreflectreflectreflectreflectreflectSTOP....DAMAGE!!!"

Though...

...maybe it's just me...

But I have no idea what's actually happening in any of the other attacks you posted. I think you actually have TOO much detail. :urg:

cheap josh said:
Oh yeah, and this one is better than any of my MYM3 entries... although knowing me, it's probably broken.
:laugh:

At least you're aware of you're faults. Gotta' admire that, man.

D

Deleted member

I've gotten up to the 'moveset' section of my Garland, with lengthy background and style of play sections completed, as well as statistics, which took a few minutes. I should be able to complete it and a character or two more for MYM4. Is there any process I should go through to put forward my ideas for the MYM4 OP, or do I just post them in the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom