• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make a roster for the hypothetical "Smash Reboot" that was considered!

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
I'll sort these by series they are from and include together characters that are the only representatives of their series who are returning. I'm gonna ignore echo fighters as they don't make a big impact on development time anyway so you can just imagine them being included if you like but otherwise I'm gonna assume they won't even be bothered with. I'm not sure what changes this game would have but I'd imagine the bulk of the returning characters would undergo various changes which you'll somewhat see me make mention of later.
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultwario::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultyoshi:
The Mario cast would easily still be the biggest and I can't see many of them being cut. I can see most of them receiving major changes except maybe Yoshi who would stay relatively the same.
:ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultgreninja:
Pikachu is a mainstay of Pokemon, Trainer helps further represent the series and its traits, while Greninja is an overall super popular Pokemon. With the series worldwide popularity I have no issue with them having 3 characters. Pikachu would probably have the most changes though, having moves like his side-B completely changed. At this point I need to address disappearance of Jigglypuff as she was part of the original Smash 64 roster and I'm just gonna say I'd treat this as a reboot of the Smash games so the idea is not to allow the past games to completely define what this one can and cannot do.
:ultlink::ultganondorf:
Obviously Link would still be in but for the sake of cuts, I wouldn't include Zelda and instead I'd have Ganondorf take her 'Mage' archetype. This could be a mistake though, with how many people currently main Ganondorf in Ultimate and to be fair he has become quite different from Falcon in his current form but nonetheless this is what I'm thinking.
:ultmarth::ultroy:
Marth is the face of of Fire Emblem and I actually chose Roy because while he might not be as popular as other FE characters he has a certain 'flare' other FE characters tend to lack while putting the 'Fire' in Fire Emblem :smirk: I'd have him take Ike's role, borrowing some moves from him (replacing the counter) and dawning the role of a semi-'heavy' sword-fighter. As oppose to the other three Sword users like Pit who fits the fast archetype, Marth being the slow precise middle-ground, and Link being the slow technical multi-tool zoner which would contrast well with Roy too.
:ultdk::ultkrool:
To be honest, I don't really like Diddy as a fighter and have no connection to the series either so for the sake of cuts he was an easy one for me on this list. Meanwhile, keeping the most iconic protagonist and antagonist of the series while simultaneously keeping two heavies made the most sense to me.
:ultsamus::ultridley:
Two most iconic Metroid characters...
:ultpit::ultness::ultolimar::ultfox::ultfalcon::ultkirby::ultgnw::ultisabelle:
A lot of characters are here due to me making cuts but keeping the rest you see here made the most sense to me. G&W just seemed lack too classic and wacky of a character to cut. Isabelle seems like the better representative for her series and is certainly more loved than 'Villager' who after all is just an avatar character which I'm trying to avoid anyway. Isabelle might incorporate some things from Villager or other new things from the games.
:ultinkling:
One of Nintendo's most successful newer IP's, no way Inkling is leaving the roster. I can even see an Octoling Echo or semi-clone being made. I can easily see Inkling having a very different moveset from Ultimate though.
:ultsonic:
While I was trying to disclude 3rd party characters I did end up keeping Sonic because of how iconic he is and his strong rivalry with Mario I.E. Olympics ect… Perhaps also personal bias which of course effects the entire list :awesome:

That would be 27 returning characters which leaves room for some newcomers in the base roster..

Potential Newcomers:
Bandana Waddle Dee
Waluigi (He does have a following after all and finally you could have Mario and Luigi face Wario and Waluigi!)
Dixie Kong (What? Didn't think I'd add her after removing Diddy?)
(New Pokemon)
(Zelda series character)
(Xenoblade character)
(FE character)
(Arms character)

Potential DLC Characters (Don't take these picks too seriously but I think its pretty much a given this game would get DLC so this is where I'll place some new 3rd party characters):
Tails (or a different Sonic character)
Master Chief
Crash Bandicoot
Zero (from Mega Man)
Chun-Li

Seeing as of the writing of this post we've barely gotten into the DLC of Ultimate its safe to assume I'd do this differently in the future but for now this makes the most sense to me. Even if thats a little over 1/3 for the base roster I figure I can do the same and it still seems reasonable.

Last edited:

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Limiting myself to how I think Nintendo would decide 30 characters, but with no 3rd parties, echos or newcomers.

:ultmario::ultbowser::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultinkling::ultmarth::ultisabelle:
:ultluigi::ultyoshi::ultdiddy::ultzelda::ultridley::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultlucina::ultlittlemac:
:ultpeach::ultwario::ultolimar::ultganondorf::ultfox::ultpit::ultcharizard::ultlucario::ultness::ultgnw:

• Lucina would be upgraded to be made more unique.
  • The Mii fighter would be a combination of the 3. Mainly using the Brawler for the framework, but with customisable options using some of Gunner and Swordfighter moves.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Doctor Bosconovitch is Tag Team Tournament 2, but Gon isn't, what did you mean by the last part? If you're talking about the characters that aren't in 7, it's weird that you mention Gon, when Gon's been gone for ages, hahaha.
I will never get over Gon being gone.
He was my favorite Tekken Character.
I understand he was a licensed third party character.
But Golly I loved Shell-less Gon.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if I've suggested a roster of this style before, but I like the idea of a Heroes vs. Villains centred game/roster.

Starting roster:
1. Mario & Cappy
2. Young Link (Majora's Mask)
3. Samus
4. Donkey Kong Jr.
5. Captain Falcon
6. Kirby
7. Ninten
8. Valerie (Mawile, Mr. Mime, Sylveon)
9. Fox
10. Lyn
11. Sonic
12. Simon

Unlockable:
13. Wario
14. Olimar
15. Inkling
16. Elma
17. Pit
18. Banjo-Kazooie
19. Snake
20. Bayonetta
21. Mega Man
22. Pac-Man
23. Little Mac

24. King Wart
25. Ganon
26. Ridley
27. King K. Rool
28. Black Shadow
29. Marx
30. Porky
31. Necrozma
32. Wolf
33. Ashnard
34. Dr. Eggman
35. Carmilla
36. Captain Syrup
37. Louie
38. Octoling
39. Egil
40. Hades
41. Gruntilda
42. Liquid Snake
43. Balder
44. Metal Man
45. Blinky
46. Aran Ryan

DLC:
47. Travis Touchdown
48. Jeane
49. Crash Bandicoot
50. Neo Cortex

The next game would see the return of beloved characters like Pikachu, Cloud, Zelda and more, while introducing longly requested characters such as Geno, Isaac, Shadow and Waluigi. Other characters would include Mii (based on Tomodachi Life, not any of the three templates), a Rhythm Heaven rep, Jibanyan (if Yokai Watch is still doing well over in Japan) and Mach Rider (I know it will never happen, but I can dream).

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I already did one, but I figured that I would redo it. If Smash was rebooted, I see this being the potential roster. I don't think that they would remove an entire franchise of its playable characters, because the only times that this had happened were the :ulticeclimbers: due to the limitations of the 3DS and :ultsnake: for some never revealed reason (my guess is something to do with Kojima and Konami splitting up and Snake having been a personal request). I also took into consideration on why each of the characters were added/ when.

Reasoning for Each Characters
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu:
While most people believe that the 'Original 12' gives the entire cast of the original Smash Bros safety of returning in every installment, I only really think that the starting roster of the game holds that title. With Ultimate, we don't see Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness and Jigglypuff already unlocked at the start of Ultimate, nor are they present on the Smash Bros Ultimate version of the Switch. I'll get to those four later in my reasoning but the original 8 are untouchable.
:ultfalcon::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultlittlemac::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultrob::ultshulk::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultmiifighters:
These characters are the sole playable character from a Nintendo owned franchise. As I stated before, I feel like Sakurai doesn't like to remove a series from Smash unless they have to, and if they do they remove the franchise entirely.
:ultpit::ultisabelle::ultness::ultmarth:
I think that every Nintendo series would have at least one returning character. Pit doesn't really need an explanation on why I choose him over Dark Pit and Palutena, but the other two might. While the Villager was added to Smash first, Isabelle has become the mascot of the Animal Crossing series ever since her debut in New Leaf. If Smash was rebooted, keeping the Villager over Isabelle would be like keeping the Pokemon Trainer over Pikachu in my opinion. I choose Ness over Lucas due to the fact that Mother is refereed as Earthbound outside of Japan, and Mother 1 was refered to as Earthbound Beginnings for the Wii U's virtual console. Ness being the protagonist of Earthbound means that I feel like he was a global appeal over Lucas. Give us Mother 3 you cowards. Marth is the face of the franchise and his popularity in Smash Bros was what brought the series over to the west.
:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultjoker::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu::ultsimon::ultsnake::ultsonic:
See what I said about the solo character franchises, but as 3rd Party characters, I can see the possibility of their owners not allowing for Nintendo to keep them in a reboot for Smash. I don't see it happening, but there is a possibility. I also assume that if a company has multiple of their IPs in Smash, that they would be okay with both of them being in. And Simon and Ryu also fall into this despite having two characters from their series.
:ultbowser::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultzelda::ultpokemontrainer::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultdiddy:
These characters might not represent their own games, but their iconic status put them above the others, to the point that some of them are so recognizable to even people who haven't played a video game in their life.
:ultbowserjr::ultrosalina::ultkrool::ultridley:
These characters are fully unique characters that I see coming back, but I wanted to note that I don't feel like they are on the same level as the group above.
:ultdoc::ultdaisy::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultpichu::ultdarkpit::ultdarksamus::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultroy::ultganondorf::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultlucas:
Clone characters always exist in fighting games, and were added because they would take less resources than a fully unique character. The level of cloneness varies in them, and I see some of them returning in the reboot for Smash, but they would receive more of a tweek to their movesets to different themselves from their originals.
:ultken::ultrichter:
I threw these two into their own catorgie because while they are echoes, they are also 3rd Party. That might make them the exception compared to the other echoes, but that would only be based off how Capcom and Konami are when it comes to the negotiations.
:ultpiranha:
In a Smash reboot, I can't really see Piranha Plant returning over any of the other unique characters. If the team really wants them to come back.
:ultsheik::ultzss:
These two wouldn't be coming back in a Smash reboot. Sheik and Zero Suit Samus were originally part of Zelda and Samus movesets before they were split from them due to the limitations of the 3DS. Unless they were readded to Zelda and Samus, I don't see them getting in on their own merits.
:ultpalutena:
Really it depends on if Sakurai is returning or not. I can see Palutena being one of the less priority characters like Jigglypuff in Brawl.
:ultvillager:
Yeah, Isabelle is the mascot of the franchise now. Villager really benefited on Animal Crossing not having a mascot until New Leaf. Had Tom Nook or K K Slider been a definite mascot, I would see them getting instead of the Villager.
:ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultjigglypuff:
Pokemon is weird. They generally add a Pokemon relevant to the latest game, but if Smash is rebooted I can still see the merits of Greninja, Incineroar, Lucario and Mewtwo returning. But I don't see all four of them returning. Jigglypuff really only exists in Smash because of tradiontion, but that doesn't mean much if they are rebooting Smash.
:ultcorrin::ultike::ultrobin:
Fire Emblem is weird. Much like Pokemon, they add a new character based off the newest game. I see the merits for all three, but again if Smash is getting a reboot, they might not include them all.

The Reboot Roster
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultbowser::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultpit::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultfox::ultwolf::ultfalcon::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultincineroar::ultrobin::ultmarth::ultike::ultness::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultlittlemac::ultwiifittrainer::ultmiifighters::ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt::ultgnw::ultrob::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultsnake::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultjoker::ultryu::ultsimon:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I tried to make a reboot roster, limiting it to thirty characters, but I'm not a fan of how it turned out.

This was the absolute minimum that I could trim it down to, and even then, I couldn't fit a single newcomer in there.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I tried to make a reboot roster, limiting it to thirty characters, but I'm not a fan of how it turned out.

This was the absolute minimum that I could trim it down to, and even then, I couldn't fit a single newcomer in there.
I like it, but I'd suggest cutting Lucina and Corrin. Not sure about Robin, but Marth is definitely more worthy of being in the game over Lucina, and Ike would be a better third character, without a doubt. Diddy Kong could be replaced with King K. Rool, so there can be four heavyweights. As for newcomers, I think Duck Hunt (as much as I'm a fan of the character) could be cut, and Ganondorf can be swapped out for say, Ganon. Charizard doesn't need to be in as a standalone character anymore. There's Bowser in the game anyway, so for moveset diversity, Charizard could be cut, and would likely have a new Pocket Monster fill his shoes.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
in all honesty, i think the future smash games will be disappointing if they don't have the same amount of characters we have now....

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Hey Guys! i wanted to update my roster from the first page and doing it from 64 to my Eternity after Hero and Banjo were out as DLC: (The one from the first page is old, also adding more newcomers and echoes)

Returning:
1.:ultmario:
2.:ultdk:
3.:ultlink:
4.:ultsamus:
5.:ultyoshi:
6.:ultkirby:
7.:ultfox:
8.:ultpikachu:
9.:ultluigi:
10.:ultness:
11.:ultfalcon:

Cut:
:ultjigglypuff:

Melee
Returning:
12.:ultpeach:
13.:ultbowser:
14.:ulticeclimbers:
15.:ultzelda:
16.:ultfalco:
17.:ultmarth:
18.:ultganondorf:
19.:ultmewtwo:
20.:ultgnw:

Cut:
:ultsheik:
:ultdoc:
:ultpichu:
:ultyounglink:
:ultroy:

Brawl
Returning:
21.:ultmetaknight:
22.:ultpit:
23.:ultwario:
24.:ultsnake:
25.:ultike:
:ultsquirtle:
27.:ultivysaur:
:ultcharizard:
29.:ultdiddy:
30.:ultsonic:
31.:ultkingdedede:
32.:ultolimar:
33.:ultrob:
34.:ultwolf:

Cut:
:ultzss:
:ultlucas:
:ultlucario:
:ulttoonlink:

Battlefield (My name for Wii U and 3Ds versions)
Returning:
35.:ultvillager:
36.:ultmegaman:
37.:ultlittlemac:
38.:ultgreninja:
39.:ultbrawler:
40.:ultswordfighter:
41.:ultgunner:
42.:ultpalutena:
43.:ultpacman:
44.:ultrobin:
:ultshulk:
46.:ultbowserjr:
47.:ultduckhunt:
48.:ultryu:
:ultbayonetta:

Cut:
:ultwiifittrainer:
:ultlucina:
:ultrosalina:
:ultcloud:
:ultcorrin:

Ultimate
Returning:
50.:ultinkling:
51.:ultridley:
52.:ultsimon:
53.:ultkrool:
54.:ultisabelle:
55.:ultincineroar:

Cut:
:ultchrom:

DLC Fighters:
56.:ultpiranha:
57.:ultjoker:
58. :ulthero:
59. :ultbanjokazooie:
60. Terry
61. ?

Eternity
Newcomers: (Each newcomer is ordered by series so i don't get mixed up.)

Super Mario
62. Waluigi
63. King Wart

Donkey Kong
64. Dixie Kong
65. Cranky Kong
66. Lord Fredrik

Legend of Zelda
67. Blight Ganon (Fusion of the 4 Blights)

Metroid
68. Sylux
69. Mother Brain

Yoshi
70. Poochy
71. Shy Guy
72. Yarn Yoshi

Kirby
73. Bandana Dee
74. Keeby
75. Adeleine & Ribbon
76. Prince Fluff

Star Fox
77. Peppy
78. Slippy

Poke'mon
79. Sceptile (Gen 3)
80. Haxorus (Gen 5)
81. Corviknight (Gen 8)

Luigi's Mansion
82. Polterpup
83. King Boo

Earthbound
84. Porky (Replaces Lucas due to being cut.)

F-Zero
85. Bio-Rex

Fire Emblem
86. Byleth
87. Hector
88. Ephraim

Kid Icarus
89. Hades

Wario
90. Captain Syrup
91. Shake King

Pikmin
92. Titan Dweevil

Xenoblade
93. Elma

Boxboy
94. Qbby

Rolling West
95. Dillon

Retro
96. Excitebiker
97. Virtual Boy

Sonic
98. Tails
99. Knuckles
(Assist Trophy to Fighter.)
100. Eggman

Metal Gear Solid
101. Psycho Mantis

Final Fantasy
102. Black Mage (Replaces Cloud due to being cut.)
103. Chocobo

Street Fighter
103. Chun-Li
104. M. Bison

Bayonetta
105. Rodin

Castlevania
106. Alucard

Persona
107. Morgana

Dragon Quest
108. Builder

Banjo-Kazooie
109. Grunty

King of Fighters
110. Mai

5th DLC

Skylanders
112. Camo

Spyro the Dragon
113. Spyro

Crash Bandicoot
114. Crash

Shovel Knight
115. Shovel Knight

Shantae
116. Shantae

Rocket League
117. Octane

Earthworm Jim
118. Earthworm Jim

Bomberman
119. Bomberman

Binding of Isaac
120. Isaac

Uniracers
121. Uniracer

Minecraft
122. Steve

Team Fortress
123. Heavy

Monster Hunter
124. Rajang

Smash Bros
125. Sandbag

Loud House-4th Party
126. Lincoln Loud

DLC Fighters for Eternity
Octodad (Dadliest Catch)

Spring Man (ARMS)
Maxwell (Scribblenauts)
Amaterasu (Okami)
2B (Nier Automata)

New Mii Fighters
Clobber (Hammer, Guest A)
Wrecker (Whip/Flail, Guest D)
Archer (Bow/Arrow, Guest F)
Mage (Magic Attacks, Guest G)

Athlete (Sports, Guest H)
Chef (Frying Pan/Food, Guest I)
Tank (Drives around in a miniature tank, Guest J)
Element (Elemental Attacks, Guest K)

Echoes:
:ultdarkpit:

:ultdaisy:
:ultdarksamus:
:ultrichter:
:ultken:
Boshi (Echo of :ultyoshi:)
Shadow Kirby (Echo of :ultkirby:)
Yamper (Echo of:ultpikachu:)
Black Shadow (Echo of:ultfalcon:)
Midbus (Echo of:ultbowser:)
Hilda (Echo of :ultzelda:)
Louie (Echo of :ultolimar:)
Galacta Knight (Echo of :ultmetaknight:)
King Hippo (Echo of:ultlittlemac:)
Medusa (Echo of :ultpalutena:)
Jeanne (Echo of :ultbayonetta:)
Ms. Pacman (Echo of :ultpacman:)
Octolings (Echo of :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:)
Bass (Echo of :ultmegaman:)
Big Boss (Echo of :ultsnake:)
Mecha Sonic (Echo of :ultsonic:,from Sonic 3)

Ray the Flying Squirrel (Echo of Tails)

Total of Fighters: (Cut Fighters don't count)
-49 Veterans
-63 Newcomers
-12 DLC Fighters (Ultimate and Eternity)
-22 Echoes
-14 Mii Fighters
Result: 160 Fighters

Veteran Changes:
-Mario's Side special is Cap Throw with his Final Smash being the T. Rex.

-Yoshi's Egg Roll is Neutral while Egg Throw becomes his Side special, has a tether recovery, second jump is Flutter Jump.

-Kirby's Final Smash is Star Allies Sparkler.

-Donkey Kong's Side Special is Coconut Gun.

-King Dedede's Side Special is his Hammer Spin. (Gordo returns as a custom move)

-Ganondorf's has his CD-I design from Faces of Evil along with wielding Pig Ganon's trident from Link to the Past

-Fox's Final Smash is the Chicken Walker.

-Wario's entire moveset is changed to represent the Wario Land series.

-The Mii Fighters get 8 new types.

-Bowser Jr. attacks with his paintbrush.

-And Echo Fighters get their own Final Smashes instead of the same.

And that's the new version of my roster. (Will be updating it every time soon.)

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
There might be plans for a fourth roster of my reboot, but it's going to be a while

Update: new roster for game 4 of my reboot

Roster: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser: Dark Bowser, :ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha: Fawful, Geno, King Wart, Vivian, King Boo, :ultdk::ultdiddy: Dixie Kong, :ultkrool: Cranky Kong, :ultyoshi: Poochy, :ultwario: Ashley,:ultlink::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink: Midna, Skull Kid, Urbosa, :ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultridley: Sylux, :ultkirby::ultmetaknight: Dark Meta Knight, :ultkingdedede:Adeleine, Bandanna Dee, Marx, Susie, :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:, Krystal, Leon, :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::249: Sceptile, Zoroark, Gardivoir, Team Rocket (:052::024: and Mimikyu), :ultness::ultlucas: Kumatora, Porky, :ultfalcon: Black Shadow, Bio-Rex, Jody Summer, :ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobinf::ultcorrinf: Tiki, :ultgnw::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena: Medusa, Viridi, :ultsnake::ultsonic: Shadow, Knuckles, Tails, :ultolimar: Louie,:ultrob::ultvillager: Tom Nook :ultisabelle::ultmegaman: Zero, :ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac:King Hippo, :ultpacman::ultshulk: Elma, :ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultken: Chun Li, :ultcloud: Chocobo, Tifa, :ultbayonetta::ultinkling: Octoling, :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultjoker:Hero, Banjo and Kazooie, Steve, Shantae, Ray-Man, Muddy Mole, Bomberman, Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, Spring-Man, Ribbon-Girl, Issac, Bendy and :ultmiifighters:

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Oh god these rosters actually look like the most depressing thing ever. Not in what people are choosing (Though some choices in here are pretty suspect in that if you cut the roster down like this I'm pretty sure you have to be extremely intentional in who you add) as much as how it necessitates so many cuts of objectively important characters. And then proceed to completely forget so many characters in the process as well... Like damn.

I also have really questioned Sakurai's comment about the 1/3 option. Considering we have 76 characters and 1/3rd of that is about 25, I don't really believe our Smash game would have been that low. Smash has way too much focus on the characters to ever justifiably cut that much out without replacement. I'd say Brawl range is a much more reasonable expectation even in the event of a reboot unless Nintendo goes full scum bag on us in the near future.
It probably will be close to 30-40 characters return and then however many on top of that. This is all hypothetical. The problem is, with how Smash is set up now, you are going to axe important characters. There are 12 (13 with Banjo) characters not owned by Nintendo. Since Smash tends to add the main characters first, cutting any of them means you are going to cut an important character. This is why a lot of people are doing just Nintendo since that's easier to do and will likely be closer to what they try.

The thing is, it's going to have to happen eventually. If Smash is to continue, it may have these periodic resets. After DLC we'll have 80 characters. You can't bring all those characters back and add new ones on top of it. It worked for Ultimate since there were enough cut characters to pull from. The next one can't just add 6 new characters. So, important characters will probably be cut and the question is going to be how were they picked.

I am surprised people are cutting Isabelle so much. She's one of Nintendo's biggest characters. That is a little silly.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I'm showing a different and more realistic reboot.

Roster: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultbowser::ultkingdedede::ultmewtwo::ultmarth:

Aka what the first game roaster was originally going to be

D

Deleted member

-Mario
-Link
-Samus
-Pikachu
-DK
-Kirby
-Marth
-C.Falcon
-Shulk
-Luigi
-Meowth/Charizard
-Diddy Kong
-Bandana Dee
-Roy
-Samurai Goro
-Peach
-Zelda
-Gardevoir
-Dixie
-Adeleine
-Lyn
-Elma
-Bowser
-Ganon
-Ridley
-Mewtwo
-K.Rool
-Dedede
-Black Knight
-Black Shadow
-R.O.B.
-Mach Rider
-Game & Watch
-Sonic
-Megaman
-Pac-Man
-Simon
-DQ Hero & Heroine
-Banjo
-Crash
-Joker
-Hayabusa

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Super Mario Bros.: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Bowser Jr., Rosalina & Luma. (6)
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, maybe K. Rool. (2; possible 3)
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi. (1)
Wario Land/Warioware: Wario. (1)
The Legend of Zelda: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf. (3)
Pokémon: Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Mewtwo, Greninja/Lucario. (4)
Kirby: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede. (3)
Metroid: Samus and Ridley. (2)
Star Fox: Fox and Falco/Wolf. (2)
Animal Crossing: Villager/Isabelle. (1)
Splatoon: Inkling. (1)
Mother: Ness. (1)
Fire Emblem: Robin, Marth/Ike, and maybe Lucina/Chrom. (3)
Pikmin: Olimar. (1)
F-Zero: Captain Falcon. (1)
Xenoblade: Shulk or someone else. (1)
Wii: Either Wii Fit Trainer or the Miis, as I can't see both. (1)

Probably missed some, but this is strictly if Nintendo stuck to just Nintendo franchises. Adding in 3rd Parties make it messier, but Sonic, Pac-Man, Bayo, The Hero, maybe Joker, and Megaman are the ones I see as likely to return among them. Simon, Snake, and Ryu are indeterminate, as is Banjo.

It's hard to justify a roster less than 40 characters when so many characters are popular or iconic and mean a lot to Nintendo's history. And this is simply veterans, so newcomers could potentially make it above 50.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Now for the second game of the new reboot: Melee remade

Roaster: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultbowser::ultkingdedede::ultmewtwo::ultmarth::ultpeach: Geno, :ulticeclimbers::ultzelda:/:ultsheik::ultwario::ultpichu::ultfalco: Bio-Rex, Skull Kid, :ultyounglink::ultganondorf::249::ultroy::ultgnw::ultsnake::ultsonic:

Wario, Snake and Sonic were considered for Melee, and they got added in this reboot. Geno, Bio-Rex, Skull Kid and Lugia are newcomers

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
1562183029459.png

This is my ideal roster

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
So what do you guys think a reboot would look like?
What new mechanics are so fresh they need to cut half the roster for?
What are some reboot worthy new mechanics or features?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Here we are. All third parties are cut. It is a Nintendo fighting game, so why clog it up with useless indies?
Mario: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser:, as well as Goomba and Toad as newcomers. Goomba is the enemy rep while Toad was added in as he is incredibly known. I kept the main stars and kept Daisy (she was on the brink of being cut) but kept her due to her being more known than bowser jr per say.
Dk: :ultdk::ultkrool:, The main character and villain. Diddy was cut because he was a side character and unless Dixie gets in, he's staying cut.
Yoshi: :ultyoshi:, and Poochy as a newcomer. Poochy is basically the secondary main character of Yoshi due to Baby Mario not appearing in a Yoshi game since Yoshi's Island Ds. You could say Kamek over Poochy, but he's my choice.
Wario: :ultwario:, nothing else to say here.
Zelda: :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:, Ganon as a transform,:ulttoonlink:. I kept Link and Zelda as they are the main stars. Ganondorf has Ganon so they are the main villain, while Toon Link is the main character of a lot of Zelda games these days. Young Link was cut due to only having two appearances, same with Sheik.
Pokémon: :ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultjigglypuff::ultgreninja:, and Melmetal as a newcomer. Pokémon was hard in the sense most veterans are much loved. Incineroar was cut because he is way less popular smash wise than the others. Greninja was kept to represent the starters. Pokémon Trainer is the main character so he was obviously kept. Pikachu and Jigglypuff are icons by this point. It was a tough choice whether or not to cut Mewtwo, but since Melmetal has been getting a lot more attention than other mythicals, he was added to replace Mewtwo and represent the other legendaries and mythicals. Lucario was cut, but I forgot my own reason for it lol.
Metroid: :ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultridley:, Samus is in as she is the main character, Ridley as the main villain, and Dark Samus to represent the prime series. Zero was cut due to only two major appearances within Metroid, Zero Mission and Other M.
Kirby: :ultkirby::ultkingdedede:,with Dark Matter as a newcomer. Kirby and Dedede are the most known Kirby characters, while Dark Matter was added as a villain rep, they are the only villains who are actually still a villain that isn't the size of the planet or whatever.
Star Fox: :ultfox::ultwolf:, Hero and Villain rep, with Falco cut due to Slippy and Peppy not being in, it feels unfair to them.
F-Zero: :ultfalcon:
Mother: :ultness:, with Porky as a newcomer. Hero and Villain reps. Lucas was cut because it felt like disrespect to Ninten.
Other: Basically the franchise which have always had one rep. :ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultlittlemac:, with Starfy and Chibi-Robo as newcomers. The Mii's were kept due to being the technical mascots of the wii, R.O.B due to his importance to stopping the gaming crash of 83, Game and Watch due to representing Nintendo's oldest handheld, Duck Hunt, because if the game's success, and Little Mac to represent Punch-Out!!. Starfy and Chibi-Robo were added due to being decently known Nintendo franchises.
Fire Emblem: :ultmarth::ultrobin::ultike:, Marth because Marth, Ike because of his importance within fire emblem, and Robin to represent awakening, the game that saved fire emblem from being cancelled.
Kid Icarus: :ultpit::ultpalutena:, the two main characters.
Pikmin: :ultolimar::ultalph:, Olimar as the main character, with Alph representing Pikmin 3's crew.
Animal Crossing: :ultvillager:, with Tom Nook as a newcomer. Villager is the main protagonist, while Tom Nook is the most important villager within animal crossing.
Xenoblade Chronicles: :ultshulk:, with Rex as a newcomer. Shulk is the main character of the first game, while Rex is the main character of the second.
Splatoon: :ultinkling:, due to being one of Nintendo's most successful new franchises.
There we are.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Here is the next game of my reboot: Brawl

Roster: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus:/:ultzss::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultbowser::ultkingdedede::ultmewtwo::ultmarth::ultpeach: Geno, :ulticeclimbers::ultzelda:/:ultsheik::ultwario::ultpichu::ultfalco: Bio-Rex, Skull Kid, :ultyounglink::ultganondorf::249::ultroy::ultgnw::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultmetaknight::ultpit: Adeleine, Fawful, Bomberman, :ultike::ultpokemontrainer: (:ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:):ultdiddy: Dixie Kong, :ultlucas:Knuckles, :ultridley::ultolimar::ultlucario::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultvillager: Jody Summer and Muddy Mole

Villager was considered for Brawl, as with Dixie Kong and they got added in this reboot. Ridley was added due to his popularity. Adeleine, Fawful, Bomberman, Dixie Kong, Knuckles, Jody Summer and Muddy Mole are newcomers.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'd split the roster into four tiers:
Tier 1: It's not a smash game without them.
:ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultdk::ultfox::ultjigglypuff::ultkirby::ultlink::ultluigi::ultmario:(:ultmarth:/:ultlucina:):ultgnw::ultness:(:ultpeach:/:ultdaisy:):ultpikachu:(:ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus:):ultyoshi::ultzelda:
Tier 2: Major importance.
:ultdiddy::ultfalco::ultganondorf::ulthero::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultkingdedede::ultlucario::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultpacman::ultpokemontrainer::ultcharizard::ultrobin:(:ultryu:/:ultken:):ultshulk::ultsonic::ultvillager::ultzss:
Tier 3: Medium importance.
:ultbanjokazooie::ultcloud::ultike::ultisabelle::ultolimar::ultridley::ultsheik:(:ultsimon:/:ultrichter:):ultsnake::ultwario::ultwolf:
Tier 4: Minor importance.
:ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultcorrin::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultjoker::ultkrool::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultpalutena::ultpichu::ultpiranha:(:ultpit:/:ultdarkpit:):ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultrob::ultrosalina:(:ultroy:/:ultchrom:):ulttoonlink::ultwiifittrainer::ultyounglink:
Unrankable:
:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:

Notes:
  • The characters are currently in alphabetical order within their respective tier. Tier 1 characters are garunteed, Tier 2 characters are highly likely, Tier 3 characters may get in, but maybe not, and Tier 4 characters are highly unlikely unless something is done to make a full (or near full) roster recovery possible.
  • Echoes are treated as the same as their original counterparts. Veteran characters will have
  • I'd like to attempt to make the Mii Fighters better for players who don't care for the whole bootleg character creation aspect, but I wouldn't attempt this if Miis are dropped in the next console generation.
  • The Pokémon Trainer allows the player to play as three playable Pokémon rather than being restricted to Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. Ex. You could play as Pikachu, Charizard, and Lucario.
  • This list is heavily under-researched, so spots would be different if I was somehow making the next Smash game.
Newcomers I would at least consider (Probably not comprehensive): (Spring Man/Ribbon Girl), (Excitebiker/Mach Rider), Arceus, Isaac, Dragonborn, Master Cheif, Lara Croft, Crash, Spyro, Rayman, Heihachi or Jin, Zoroark, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Ganon, Waluigi, Rhythm Choir, Elma, Rex & Pyra/Rex & Mythra.
Possible Echo Fighters: Proto Man(:ultmegaman:), Bass (:ultmegaman:), Shadow (:ultsonic:), Funkey Kong (:ultdk:), Akuma (:ultryu:), Blaziken (:ultfalcon:), Resident (:ultvillager: and/or:ultisabelle:), Celica (:ultrobin:), Impa (:ultsheik:)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
First off, it would be a full reboot.

All of the original 8 return but are treated as if they were brand new characters so concessions made for 64 hardware or "standard" game design would be thrown out.
Example: Samus's down B changes her into morph ball form that can boost, lay bombs and cling to walls.

Second, character customisation is brought back with variants.
Example: Mario can have one based off using FLUDD for his specials.

The game has light story elements. Classic/Arcade modes start with a cutscene, have one in the middle and end on another.

As for the roster, let's say 25 characters and no 3rd parties.

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::Toad:
:ultyoshi::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultwario:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
:ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer:*:ultmewtwo:
:ultsamus::ultfox::ultkirby:
:ultmarth::ultlucina:*:ultolimar::ultpit::ultvillager::ultinkling::Spring Man:

*Have vastly changed movesets.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Here is my fourth game in the Smash Reboot: Battlefield

Roster: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus:/:ultzss::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultbowser::ultkingdedede::ultmewtwo::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultpeach: Geno, :ulticeclimbers::ultzelda:/:ultsheik::ultwario::ultpichu::ultfalco: Bio-Rex, Skull Kid, :ultyounglink::ultganondorf::249::ultroy::ultgnw::ultsnake::ultsonic: Shadow, :ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultdarkpit: Adeleine, Fawful, Bomberman, :ultike::ultpokemontrainer: (:ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:):ultdiddy: Dixie Kong, :ultlucas: Knuckles, :ultridley::ultolimar::ultlucario::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultvillager: Jody Summer, Muddy Mole, :ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina:Midna, Sceptile, :ultgreninja::ultmiifighters: Krystal, Issac, :ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultrobinf::ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt: Chorus Kids, Bandanna Dee, Kumatora, :ultinkling::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrinf:and :ultbayonetta:

Reasons: Issac was added so his fans will be happy. Krystal was considered for Brawl, so she was added. Chorus Kids were added for their uniqueness. Bandanna Dee was added for being a time saving character. Inkling was added due to Splatoon's popularity. The others would be fun to play.

Midna, Sceptile, Krystal, Issac, Shadow, Chorus Kids, Bandanna Dee and Kumatora are newcomers, with Shadow being an Echo-Fighter.

datpizzarollguy

Smash Rookie
If I had to limit it to 30 fighters, it would look a bit like this:

Mario, Peach, Luigi, Bowser Jr, Bowser, Wario, DK, Diddy Kong, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Kirby, King Dedede, Bandana Dee, Samus, Ridley, Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Mewtwo, Greninja, Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Fox, Sonic, Tails, Inkling, Mega Man, Pac Man, Marth, Alph

Luigi, Samurai Goroh, and Tails are clones of Mario, Captain Falcon and Sonic respectively

While Yoshi, Ness, and Jigglypuff were in Smash 64, They're not very important to the gaming industry. Still it was a pain rmoving Yoshi.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
If I had to limit it to 30 fighters, it would look a bit like this:

Mario, Peach, Luigi, Bowser Jr, Bowser, Wario, DK, Diddy Kong, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Kirby, King Dedede, Bandana Dee, Samus, Ridley, Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Mewtwo, Greninja, Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Fox, Sonic, Tails, Inkling, Mega Man, Pac Man, Marth, Alph

Luigi, Samurai Goroh, and Tails are clones of Mario, Captain Falcon and Sonic respectively

While Yoshi, Ness, and Jigglypuff were in Smash 64, They're not very important to the gaming industry. Still it was a pain rmoving Yoshi. :(
I'm fine with this bar one thing.
Why do you think bowser jr. was important to the gaming industry but not Yoshi?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Mario series: :ultmario:,:ultluigi:, :ultpeach:, :ultbowser:

Legend of Zelda series: :ultlink:, :ultzelda:, :ultganondorf:

DK series: :ultdk:, :ultdiddy:, :ultkrool:, (Newcomer)Dixie Kong

Metroid series: :ultsamus:, :ultridley:

Star Fox series: :ultfox:, :ultfalco:, :ultwolf:

Yoshi series: :ultyoshi:

Kirby series: :ultkirby:, :ultmetaknight:, :ultkingdedede:, (Newcomer)Bandana Dee

Pokemon series: :ultpikachu:, :ultjigglypuff:, :ultmewtwo:, :ultpokemontrainer:, (Newcomer)Current Gen Pokemon rep

F-Zero series: :ultfalcon:

Mother series: :ultness:

Fire Emblem series: :ultmarth:, (Newcomer)Protagonist of new Fire Emblem game

Animal Crossing series: :ultvillager:, :ultisabelle:

Xenoblade series: :ultshulk:, (Newcomer)Protagonist of new Xenoblade game

Splatoon series: :ultinkling:

So I took 3rd party characters out of my list as I believe either a couple of them are coming back for the reboot or non of them are. And I didn't put any characters of new franchises in my list as that would be a lot tougher to figure out.

Smash 6 is a very foggy mystery at this moment in time.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
To finish the reboot, here is the Ultimate remake

Roster: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus:/:ultzss::ultdarksamus:/Earlier Form, :ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultbowser: Dark Bowser, :ultkingdedede::ultmewtwo::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultpeach::ultdaisy: Geno, :ulticeclimbers::ultzelda:/:ultsheik::ultwario::ultpichu::ultfalco: Bio-Rex, Skull Kid, :ultyounglink::ultganondorf::249: Shadow Lugia, :ultroy::ultchrom::ultgnw::ultsonic: Shadow, :ultsnake::ultmetaknight: Dark Meta Knight, :ultpit::ultdarkpit: Adeleine, Fawful, Bomberman, :ultike::ultpokemontrainer:(:ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:):ultdiddy: Dixie Kong, :ultlucas: Knuckles, :ultridley::ultolimar::ultlucario::ultrob::ulttoonlink: Tetra, :ultwolf::ultvillager: Jody Summer, Muddy Mole, :ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina: Midna, Sceptile, :ultgreninja::ultmiifighters: Issac, Krystal, :ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultrobinf::ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt: Chorus Kids, Bandanna Dee, Kumatora, :ultinkling: Octoling, :ultryu::ultken::ultcloud::ultcorrinf::ultbayonetta: Spring-Man, Ribbon-Girl, :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie: :ult_terry:, :ultbylethf:, :ultminmin :ultsteve:Porky, Zoroark, Mach Rider, Shantae and Marx for the base roaster.

Elma would be free DLC, with Oracle, Creature, King Boo, Edelgard and Sylux being in a Fighter's Pass. Also Ray-Man, Galar Trainer (Hattena, Boltound and Frosmoth), Urbosa, Rex and Pyra and Shovel Knight would also be DLC, with 1 more on the way, with that fighter being Crash Bandicoot

Note: this may NOT be the true final Roaster

Many fighters and Echoes have been chosen because they are fun, they are easy to implement or they are heavily requested.

I considered an echo for the Pokémon Trainer, but found it too difficult, so I used Shadow Lugia instead. I have also considered Black Shadow as an echo-fighter of Captain Falcon.

(Note: Updated)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Its uncertain whether there will be a smash 6.
Believe me there will be a Smash 6. Super Smash Bros. is too big of a cash cow for Nintendo to just let die. Ultimate alone has already surpassed the sales units for the Wii U which is crazy too think about in a way even though the Wii U was Nintendo's worst selling home console. If. Ultimate's sales keep up, it may even surpass the sales units for the Gamecube.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Believe me there will be a Smash 6. Super Smash Bros. is too big of a cash cow for Nintendo to just let die. Ultimate alone has already surpassed the sales units for the Wii U which is crazy too think about in a way even though the Wii U was Nintendo's worst selling home console. If. Ultimate's sales keep up, it may even surpass the sales units for the Gamecube.
Just saying its a possibility

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just saying its a possibility
It's like saying that they're going to stop making Pokemon games because of the backlash towards Sword and Shield - it's a possibility, but it's such a small possibility that it's not worth entertaining.

I can't imagine that Nintendo would suddenly pull a 180 and give up on a franchise that quite literally gets people to buy their consoles. Even if Sakurai doesn't continue directing the series, they'll find someone else to take over. (he'll have to stop at some point)

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I feel like people are confusing reboot with remake. A reboot is basically starting from scratch, a remake is adding on to the original product. I'm seeing a lot of both, and I'm seeing full sequels under the title reboot. Yes I know the reboot has to be a new title but they aren't rebooting at all and are just adding on from ultimate with one of two cuts.

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys! i wanted to update my roster from the first page and doing it from 64 to my Eternity after Hero and Banjo were out as DLC: (The one from the first page is old, also adding more newcomers and echoes)
Note: Pretend this came out on the Nintendo Eclipse in 2021.
Update 1: Added Shantae and Shovel Knight.
Update 2: Added Garfield.
Update 3: Garfield is cut.
Update 4: Added Monster Hunter series with Glavenus & Gore Magala as newcomers.
Update 5: Added Meme Man from the Surreal Memes and Steve is in base roster with Glover replacing him as a free DLC Fighter.
Returning:
1.:ultmario:
2.:ultdk:
3.:ultlink:
4.:ultsamus:
5.:ultyoshi:
6.:ultkirby:
7.:ultfox:
8.:ultpikachu:
9.:ultluigi:
10.:ultness:
11.:ultfalcon:

Cut:
:ultjigglypuff:

Melee
Returning:
12.:ultpeach:
13.:ultbowser:
14.:ulticeclimbers:
15.:ultzelda:
16.:ultfalco:
17.:ultmarth:
18.:ultganondorf:
19.:ultmewtwo:
20.:ultgnw:

Cut:
:ultsheik:
:ultdoc:
:ultpichu:
:ultyounglink:
:ultroy:

Brawl
Returning:
21.:ultmetaknight:
22.:ultpit:
23.:ultwario:
24.:ultsnake:
25.:ultike:
:ultsquirtle:
27.:ultivysaur:
:ultcharizard:
29.:ultdiddy:
30.:ultsonic:
31.:ultkingdedede:
32.:ultolimar:
33.:ultrob:
34.:ultwolf:

Cut:
:ultzss:
:ultlucas:
:ultlucario:
:ulttoonlink:

Battlefield (My name for Wii U and 3Ds versions)
Returning:
35.:ultvillager:
36.:ultmegaman:
37.:ultlittlemac:
38.:ultgreninja:
39.:ultbrawler:
40.:ultswordfighter:
41.:ultgunner:
42.:ultpalutena:
43.:ultpacman:
44.:ultrobin:
:ultshulk:
46.:ultbowserjr:
47.:ultduckhunt:
48.:ultryu:
:ultbayonetta:

Cut:
:ultwiifittrainer:
:ultlucina:
:ultrosalina:
:ultcloud:
:ultcorrin:

Ultimate
Returning:
50.:ultinkling:
51.:ultridley:
52.:ultsimon:
53.:ultkrool:
54.:ultisabelle:
55.:ultincineroar:

Cut:
:ultchrom:

DLC Fighters:
56.:ultpiranha:
57.:ultjoker:
58. :ulthero:
59. :ultbanjokazooie:
60. ?
61. ?

Eternity
Newcomers: (Each newcomer is ordered by series so i don't get mixed up)
Super Mario
62. Waluigi
63. King Wart

Donkey Kong
64. Dixie Kong
65. Cranky Kong
66. Lord Fredrik

Legend of Zelda
67. Blight Ganon (Fusion of the 4 Blights)

Metroid
68. Sylux
69. Mother Brain

Yoshi
70. Poochy
71. Shy Guy
72. Yarn Yoshi

Kirby
73. Bandana Dee
74. Keeby
75. Adeleine & Ribbon
76. Prince Fluff

Star Fox
77. Peppy
78. Slippy

Poke'mon
79. Sceptile (Gen 3)
80. Haxorus (Gen 5)
81. Corviknight (Gen 8)

Luigi's Mansion
82. Polterpup
83. King Boo

Earthbound
84. Porky (Replaces Lucas due to being cut)

F-Zero
85. Bio-Rex

Fire Emblem
86. Byleth
87. Hector
88. Ephraim

Kid Icarus
89. Hades

Wario
90. Captain Syrup
91. Shake King

Pikmin
92. Bulbord

Xenoblade
93. Elma

Boxboy
94. Qbby

Rolling West
95. Dillon

Retro
96. Excitebiker
97. Virtual Boy

Sonic
98. Tails
99. Knuckles
(Assist Trophy to Fighter)
100. Eggman

Metal Gear Solid
101. Psycho Mantis

Final Fantasy
102. Vivi (Final Fantasy World design, what i mean the chibi one, replaces Cloud due to being cut)
103. Chocobo

Street Fighter
103. Chun-Li
104. M. Bison

Bayonetta
105. Rodin

Castlevania
106. Alucard

Persona
107. Morgana

Dragon Quest
108. Slime

Banjo-Kazooie
109. Grunty

4th DLC

5th DLC

Skylanders
110. Camo

Spyro the Dragon
111. Spyro

Crash Bandicoot
112. Crash

Shovel Knight
113. Shovel Knight

Shantae
114. Shantae

Rocket League
115. Octane

Earthworm Jim
116. Earthworm Jim

Binding of Isaac
117. Isaac

Minecraft
118. Steve

Team Fortress
119. Heavy

Monster Hunter
120. Glavenus
121. Gore Magala

Smash Bros
122. Sandbag

Loud House-4th Party
123. Lincoln Loud

Surreal Memes-4th Party
124. Meme Man

DLC Fighters for Eternity
Glover (Glover, Free)

Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Knight (Hollow Knight)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Master Chief (Halo)

New Mii Fighters
Clobber (Hammer, Guest A)
Wrecker (Whip/Flail, Guest D)
Archer (Bow/Arrow, Guest F)
Mage (Magic Attacks, Guest G)

Athlete (Sports, Guest H)
Chef (Frying Pan/Food, Guest I)
Tank (Drives around in a miniature tank, Guest J)
Element (Elemental Attacks, Guest K)

Echoes:
:ultdarkpit:

:ultdaisy:
:ultdarksamus:
:ultrichter:
:ultken:
Boshi (Echo of :ultyoshi:)
Shadow Kirby (Echo of :ultkirby:)
Yamper (Echo of:ultpikachu:) (The new corgi Poke'mon from Sword/Shield)
Black Shadow (Echo of:ultfalcon:)
Midbus (Echo of:ultbowser:)
Hilda (Echo of :ultzelda:)
Louie (Echo of :ultolimar:)
Galacta Knight (Echo of :ultmetaknight:)
King Hippo (Echo of:ultlittlemac:)
Medusa (Echo of :ultpalutena:)
Jeanne (Echo of :ultbayonetta:)
Ms. Pacman (Echo of :ultpacman:)
Octolings (Echo of :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:)
Bass (Echo of :ultmegaman:)
Big Boss (Echo of :ultsnake:)
Mecha Sonic (Echo of :ultsonic:,from Sonic 3)

Ray the Flying Squirrel (Echo of Tails)

Total of Fighters: (Cut Fighters don't count)
-49 Veterans
-63 Newcomers
-12 DLC Fighters (Ultimate and Eternity)
-22 Echoes
-14 Mii Fighters
Result: 160 Fighters

Veteran Changes:
-Mario's Side special is Cap Throw with his Final Smash being the T. Rex.

-Yoshi's Egg Roll is Neutral while Egg Throw becomes his Side special, has a tether recovery, second jump is Flutter Jump.

-Kirby's Final Smash is Star Allies Sparkler.

-Donkey Kong's Side Special is Coconut Gun.

-King Dedede's Side Special is his Hammer Spin. (Gordo returns as a custom move)

-Ganondorf's has his CD-I design from Faces of Evil along with wielding Pig Ganon's trident from Link to the Past

-Fox's Final Smash is the Chicken Walker.

-Wario's entire moveset is changed to represent the Wario Land series.

-The Mii Fighters get 8 new types.

-Bowser Jr. attacks with his paintbrush.

-And Echo Fighters get their own Final Smashes instead of the same.

And that's the new version of my roster. (Will be updating it every time soon.)
Fake. You broke one rule and that's no 4th party's in Smash.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Okay, so if we got rid of the "Everyone is here!"

Mario: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdoc:(reworked):ultdaisy::ultpiranha:

DK: :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:: Pauline :

Zelda: :ultlink::ultzelda::ultyounglink:(reworked):ultganondorf::Ghirahim:

Metroid: :ultsamus::ultdarksamus:(slightly reworked):ultzss::ultridley:

Yoshi: :ultyoshi::Kamek: : Poochy :

Kirby: :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::Bandana Dee: :Adeleine and Ribbon:

Star Fox: :ultfox::ultwolf::Slippy:

Pokémon: :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::Zoroark: :Tapu Koko:

Earthbound/MOTHER: :ultness::ultlucas:: Porky :

F-Zero::ultfalcon::Samurai Goroh:

Fire Emblem: :ultmarth::Celica: :Byleth:

Kid Icarus: :ultpit::ultpalutena::Viridi:

WarioWare: :ultwario::Ashley:

Sonic: :ultsonic::Shadow: (echo)

Pikmin::ultolimar:/:ultalph:

Xenoblade: :ultshulk::Elma: :Rex:

Street Fighter: :ultryu::ultken:

Castlevania: :ultsimon::ultrichter:

Other: :ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultvillager::ultduckhunt::ultinkling::DeMille (Tomato Adventure):

Third-Party: :ultsnake::ultmegaman::ultpacman:

DLC: :ultpiranha: :ultjoker::Sora::ultbanjokazooie::Qbby (Boxboy): :Terry Bogard:

Starters: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultpeach::ulticeclimbers::ultzelda::ultmarth::Byleth::ultpit::ultwario::ultlucas::ultsonic::ultkingdedede::ultvillager::ultshulk::ultinkling::Tapu Koko: :DeMille: :Rex::ultpacman::ultsimon::ultpiranha:(26; 27 with DLC)

Unlocks: :ultluigi::ultbowser::ultdoc:: Pauline::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::Ghirahim::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley::Kamek: : Poochy::ultmetaknight::Bandana Dee: :Adeleine and Ribbon::ultwolf::Slippy::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::Zoroark::ultness:: Porky::ultfalcon::Samurai Goroh: :Alm: :Celica::ultpalutena::Viridi: :Ashley: :Shadow: :Elma::ultryu::ultken::ultrichter::ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt::ultsnake::ultmegaman::ultjoker::Sora::ultbanjokazooie::Qbby: :Terry Bogard:
(44; 49 with DLC)

Veterans: 42

Newcomers: 27 (33 with DLC)

Grand Total: 69 (75 with DLC)

EDIT: I decided to Replace Alm with Daisy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom