• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majora's Mask Mafia | Game Over!

Purple

Hi guys!
What the hell? You guys pressured me?

Step that up, OS is the only one that's made me rage in a hot minute.

And that wasn't in this game.

Coudl you go into detail about why you're concerned with me X1?

Pierre, While you're voting x1, who's your close second if applicable.

Just another meta smack, X1 always gets into bull**** SOME HOW, SOME WAY, when he's town.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That's because X1 does what Vocal does. He puts the cart before the horse.

It's actions -> conclusion -> research -> coherent theory that agrees with the prior 3

not

action -> arbitrary theory -> conclusion

Pierre, Vocal is doing things that simply appear to be town because they aren't scummy. They're just useless and harmless at best.

Vocal, seriously, step your game up. Your questions are good. You conclusions are awful.

Think I'm defensive? Nice to meet you. I'm Overswarm.

Pierre, you might want to get better at reading sarcasm.

Adumbrodeus, what do you think of Vocal? You think you're gonna try do more than meta me this game? I think we've relied on that with one another a bit too much lately.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
@OS: what do you think of the players who are new to you? just pick out two you like or don't like
J, what do you think about X1's responses? About the game thus far? Does anything peculiar and/or of interest stand out to you?
I really want to hear more from J and Adumb.

If either of you had to declare someone as scum right now, either by believing someone to be scum or believing others to be less scummy, who would it be and why?
Does this imply you feel Vocal is town, Scarecrow?
Above are all of the questions that haven't been answered yet that I could find, besides any questions posted after post #151, because they're very recent.

Note: it's a bit confusing reading back through some of this thread so I probably missed 1 or 2. Someone should double-check me.

And I figured this was rhetorical:
*yawn*

Where ya'll at?

Scarecrow, how are you going to gather information?
Unvote: Dan
Why did you unvote me here? You didn't vote for anyone else immediately afterwards, so I'm guessing it was something in one of my previous posts or someone else's post that prompted you to unvote me? If so, what was it? Elaborate.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@OS: what do you think of the players who are new to you? just pick out two you like or don't like
Vocal thinks he's clever. Pierre got pretty relaxed.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Why did you unvote me here? You didn't vote for anyone else immediately afterwards, so I'm guessing it was something in one of my previous posts or someone else's post that prompted you to unvote me? If so, what was it? Elaborate.
No need for a joke vote anymore if the ball's already rolling.

Overswarm, have you ever seen a coherent theory brought against someone this early in the game? As much as I would love to present stacks of quote evidence, the game just has not been going on long enough, ergo I post according to my strongest inclinations.

For the time being I think I'm going to wait until a few people that have been missing post their thoughts.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm, have you ever seen a coherent theory brought against someone this early in the game? As much as I would love to present stacks of quote evidence, the game just has not been going on long enough, ergo I post according to my strongest inclinations.
Why

You're playing a game of missing information. Your goal is to gather as much information as possible by asking questions, getting under people's skin, and noting inconsistencies. You're just making kneejerk reactions.

If you're saying "have you ever seen a coherent theory brought against someone this early in the game" and follow it up with "so I post anyway", you're not being helpful. You're being distracting.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Why

You're playing a game of missing information. Your goal is to gather as much information as possible by asking questions, getting under people's skin, and noting inconsistencies. You're just making kneejerk reactions.

If you're saying "have you ever seen a coherent theory brought against someone this early in the game" and follow it up with "so I post anyway", you're not being helpful. You're being distracting.
You misinterpret my actions; there is more than one way to gather information ;)

And imo there have been too many hypothetical questions. I believe a stronger indication of alignments comes from commentary on actual events. No one else is applying pressure or taking initiative, so I am openly putting forth a point of view and seeing what people have to say about it.

Questions are fine and dandy, but I don't call garnering reactions "being distracting;" I call it gathering a sample of a person's actions and behaviors at one point in time in order to compare this with future actions and behaviors.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You misinterpret my actions; there is more than one way to gather information ;)

You aren't clever.

And imo there have been too many hypothetical questions. I believe a stronger indication of alignments comes from commentary on actual events. No one else is applying pressure or taking initiative, so I am openly putting forth a point of view and seeing what people have to say about it.

Questions are fine and dandy, but I don't call garnering reactions "being distracting;" I call it gathering a sample of a person's actions and behaviors at one point in time in order to compare this with future actions and behaviors.
I didn't say garnering reactions were distracting. That's specifically what I do. I said that's not what you're doing. You aren't clever.

You going to get some answers out of those that aren't posting? Get on it, Vocal. Pick a player and ask some questions.

X1-12

Smash Champion
No, you did not. I was referring specifically to the Roxy segment; you said that you did not think you'd get anywhere with him, but you then said the same for everyone else. What do you think specifically about Roxy?
I said he worries me, there's nothing more solid from him for a better read

No, it's not - it's a logical conclusion. If there are votes spread around then the most logical and effect thing to do to start a bandwagon is to place a vote on someone who already has one. You chose not to do this, and as I don't give you the benefit of the doubt of not thinking about this logically my suspicion of you has not gone anywhere.
If your aim is merely to get votes then yes you are correct, but I was specifically looking to pressure someone into cracking, you were the only player worth trying it on

Could you please provide links to that game or give an explanation for how exactly those two votes came to rest upon Gordito's head?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=280170

This is an extension of what I was just saying. You say it only took two votes to get Gordito to crack, which is a valid point; however, a person is much, much more likely to crack if they feel genuine pressure upon themselves (as Roxy would have, had you cast a vote on him and backed my reasoning) as opposed to someone who feels no pressure whatsoever (as I did). I still do not buy your "I wanted to crack him with a random wagon" story.
You can't say whether it would have an effect on you unless it has happened.

I've still GMEOY.

This.
I, and town as a whole, could gain so much more from you being under pressure than we could from random wagonning Roxy

Thoughts on Roxy (again): He worries me slightly, but I need more from him for a better read

Thoughts on OS: OS is a good player, I have trouble reading him sometimes even at the end of the game, right now I have no idea, but I will always consider he's a player to keep watch on just incase

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Slow game is slow.
Agreed. You mind posting something of substance though?

This is just a guess, but given your lack of internets recently I'm going to assume you're posting that to avoid prods.

So, content would be cool. If you've got nothing to say, ask questions.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Adumbrodeus, what do you think of Vocal? You think you're gonna try do more than meta me this game? I think we've relied on that with one another a bit too much lately.
Meta is a lense from which I look at how you think, but I'll decrease my reliance on it, depends on what happens during the game.

Working on vocal, hold off.

If either of you had to declare someone as scum right now, either by believing someone to be scum or believing others to be less scummy, who would it be and why?

Nobody atm, it's too early, I have only people I'm interested in or think needs a second look right now.

When can we expect a more detailed post or your second look into Vocal and X1? How do you feel about Swiss?
Working on it.

Swiss needs more material but he's on V/la, so I'll leave him alone for now.

So, from the people I need look at more at:

Vocal: Do you have a decision for play of the day? If so, who and why? If not, who do you think town should look at?

X1: What do you think of the wagon on you? Also, what are your thoughts on Pierre and vocal?

@everyone: When you're specifically addressing somebody, please bold the name.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
You aren't clever.
Can you give me an example of something clever? Personally I don't understand how clever you could truly be this early in a game; I'd love something more concrete to put your words to.
I didn't say garnering reactions were distracting. That's specifically what I do. I said that's not what you're doing. You aren't clever.
How am I not garnering reactions? Every time a persons posts (or does not post) in response to something I say, there is another reaction (or lack there of) on the record (or off of it).
You going to get some answers out of those that aren't posting? Get on it, Vocal. Pick a player and ask some questions.

^You missed this :p

X1: Your explanation is plausible. I'm still wary, but much less so than before.

Adumb: who are these people that you believe deserve a second look? And to answer your question: I'm not sure what "play of the day" is, but I assume it's what would my vote be. For the time being I wouldn't want any play of the day to be made; there are simply too many people we haven't heard from. If we were to make any action at the current time, we could miss an opportunity to have points of reference for those still remaining in the game afterwards.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Can you give me an example of something clever? Personally I don't understand how clever you could truly be this early in a game; I'd love something more concrete to put your words to.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10139941&postcount=651

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11201672&postcount=1083

Do your research.

How am I not garnering reactions? Every time a persons posts (or does not post) in response to something I say, there is another reaction (or lack there of) on the record (or off of it).
Oh, I'm sorry. I should clarify.

Useful reactions.

^You missed this :p
No, I didn't. What do you want to hear more from J and Adumb? That question alone? Do you have a plan? Do you have meta on their standard responses to open-ended questions, or are you just attempting to gather such?

As for your question? We're smack dab in the mid- oh, wait. No. It's the beginning. My bad. We don't have information on anyone and half the players here are quiet as mice and just watching me bicker with you.

What kind of trail do you leave when you ask people to deliberately choose someone to be scummy when no one can really have any evidence at this point?

Refine your method.

What really pisses me off is you already agree with everything I've said.

Adumb: who are these people that you believe deserve a second look? And to answer your question: I'm not sure what "play of the day" is, but I assume it's what would my vote be. For the time being I wouldn't want any play of the day to be made; there are simply too many people we haven't heard from. If we were to make any action at the current time, we could miss an opportunity to have points of reference for those still remaining in the game afterwards.
*narrows eyes*

ACTIVITY LIST:

X1-12 25
Overswarm 25
-Vocal- 24
Pervatasaurus 19
DanGR 17
Pierre the Scarecrow 15
Swiss 15
adumbrodeus 10
Dastrn 8
Hilt 5
J 4

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY J.

Sup.

I'm thinkin' you're really quiet.

Gonna go ahead and ask what you think about the lil bit of a scuffle Vocal and I seem to be in. The proverbial back-and-forth. Ya know. Bickerin' and whatnot. What do you think? I'd like details please.

@MOD request prod on Joanbud

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Interesting. I'll work on strategies like this and implement them in future games.
Oh, I'm sorry. I should clarify.

Useful reactions.
Would you be able to describe in detail precisely what reactions are defined as useful? So I can ask the exact same question every game and acquire the same reactions every game? I'd like to know what this magical formula for knowing what will be useful in the future is.
No, I didn't. What do you want to hear more from J and Adumb? That question alone? Do you have a plan? Do you have meta on their standard responses to open-ended questions, or are you just attempting to gather such?

As for your question? We're smack dab in the mid- oh, wait. No. It's the beginning. My bad. We don't have information on anyone and half the players here are quiet as mice and just watching me bicker with you.

What kind of trail do you leave when you ask people to deliberately choose someone to be scummy when no one can really have any evidence at this point?

Refine your method.

What really pisses me off is you already agree with everything I've said.
What kind of legitimate pressure was Gorditoboy feeling in that game that X1 referenced? None of any kind that would cause distress, yet it still led to him cracking.

I've barely heard from these people at all. The very least that would be accomplished by my question is becoming more familiar with them as players; while other things may also be gleaned from their posts later on, this is of the highest priority to me atm.
*narrows eyes*

ACTIVITY LIST:

X1-12 25
Overswarm 25
-Vocal- 24
Pervatasaurus 19
DanGR 17
Pierre the Scarecrow 15
Swiss 15
adumbrodeus 10
Dastrn 8
Hilt 5
J 4

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY J.

Sup.

I'm thinkin' you're really quiet.

Gonna go ahead and ask what you think about the lil bit of a scuffle Vocal and I seem to be in. The proverbial back-and-forth. Ya know. Bickerin' and whatnot. What do you think? I'd like details please.

@MOD request prod on Joanbud
^Yea, that's what I was referring to.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Interesting. I'll work on strategies like this and implement them in future games.
I was being egotistical, not sincere. Don't buddy me.

Would you be able to describe in detail precisely what reactions are defined as useful? So I can ask the exact same question every game and acquire the same reactions every game? I'd like to know what this magical formula for knowing what will be useful in the future is.

Psh... What is this, Newbie Mafia? (Really liked your play there Pierre; you want to bring some of that here?)

I don't think you know how to get the right reactions. Your reactions have to be controlled. Immediate reactions are, and always will be, imprecise. Anyone that says "HA! You did X and that always means Y!" is a simpleton. They are red flags, not guarantees.

Every once in a while, there are exceptions of course. It's different if you know the person. If your best friend always blinks a lot when they lie and then they tell you something while blinking, bam, you caught a liar. If a guy walking down the street gives you directions but blinks the entire time, you don't get out of your car to kick his *** for lying to you about directions. You are going to be late because of him.

Really, you have to gauge their follow-through. If that blinking guy on the street gives you directions to the good part of town and you start noticing that you're driving into the shady part, that guy's a ****ing liar. But not because he blinked.

Reasoning based off "tells" is a fable. No player in a game of missing information does that and wins. They do it off of patterns, logic, and guesses based on the missing information.

Every once in a while you can find someone you can communicate with privately, out in the open. You think they're town, they think you're town, and they just know you so well they know the first thing to look for in your posts.

Vocal.... I think you're just trying to hard. So relax, and pick a target. Targets are plentiful in mafia games... Only in Day 1. We can harass people whether we think they are scum or town to gather information. No one really knows what we think, just what our actions imply, and that's how we get reactions, but do you know how to find the second step??

it's about getting an idea, sticking to it, and testing the hypothesis over time.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Day One Vote Count
[5] X1-12: DanGR, Pierre the Scarecrow, Swiss, Overswarm, Vocal
[1] Vocal: X1-12

[5] Note Voting: Adumbrodeus, Pervatasaurus, JoanBud, J, Dastrn

Day one will end October 8th at 3:00 PM.
With eleven players remaining it takes six votes to lynch.

JoanBud has been prodded and will be replaced in 48 hours if he has not posted or contacted me. This time frame will not count night phases.

X1-12

Smash Champion
X1: What do you think of the wagon on you? Also, what are your thoughts on Pierre and vocal?
The wagon was weird, my biggest problems with is are Swiss, who came on to prod-dodge but threw in some BS and voted me which I find completely unjustifiable, and OS, who I fail to understand completely. Having just noticed I was at L-1 I am a bit more wary. I think Pierre's and DanGR's votes completely fine and understandable and to a only slightly lesser extent Vocal's too.

@All on my wagon: Would one of you care to unvote? just for the sake of not being at L-1, Vocal perhaps?

Vocal said:
X1: Your explanation is plausible. I'm still wary, but much less so than before.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Adum: Thoughts on pierre are that he is a good player, I always keep my eye on good players are they are harder to read, but I have no reason to believe he is scum

Thoughts on Vocal: Playing solid townie, perhaps a little overconfident (town won in 2 days on his/her first game) but well intentioned

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Vocal, you didn't say much until I expressed my opinion that you're likely town, and X1 said recklessness was often a newbie town tell among new players.

Then all of a sudden you're multiquoting like a boss, questioning just about everyone at once, and implying that you think both X1 and Overswarm are probably scum.

Looks a lot like you just got comfortable posting more. What changed?

Which of OS and X1 do you find more scummy than the other, and why?
In post #150 you clearly went for the throats of both of them.

Just trying to get more information?

Cut it out. If you just wanted more information you wouldn't be accusing both of them of being mafia so soon. There's little point in pressuring them that much this early with how much info we've got. I would think you'd want to ask them more questions and less coming to conclusions:

I'm gettin real suspicious here. What exactly do we see? First, OS points his vote finger towards X1 and says he'll leave it there for now. Then, before the post is even finished with he turns a 180 and starts defending him. This looks to me like a case of a mafia member trying to protect a brethren while at the same time voting for him so that if X1 does get lynched, OS can quote this and say "look, I voted for him too."
Excuse me - crack? How exactly would you be causing me to crack? By starting an "entirely random" bandwagon on me? "Oh noes, they're randomly voting for me, let me give them real suspicions!" This I flat out do not believe.
And for emphasis, this:
Reasoning based off "tells" is a fable. No player in a game of missing information does that and wins. They do it off of patterns, logic, and guesses based on the missing information.
What gives, Vocal? You're too confident.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
@Dan: Meh, the only thing that changed is that I got something I could run with. Up until that point I didn't have much substance to place in a post; once I did, I did, simple as that.

The only thing I was trying to do confidently was apply pressure to elicit reactions from everyone else. Causing such a large ruckus seemed like a fantastic way to get people to speak more, and look at what happened - my actions have given birth to posts from several different people. I think that a post is much stronger as evidence later if it was about something of some worth, and that's what I was trying to set in place.

@OS: I'm not trying to buddy you. I thought you were genuinely trying to help me become a better player in the future - guess not :/ At any rate, you can't say I'm trying too hard because you don't know what I'm trying to do. Am I trying to get X1 lynched? Doubtful. Speaking of which

Unvote: X1

I got a little wary of that as well once I noticed that he was at 5, not 4, votes. He may turn out to be scum eventually, but I don't want any body being lynched any time soon; this day is far from over, if for no other reason than the fact that players haven't posted yet.

Purple

Hi guys!
Vocal, your reasoning for unvoting seems odd. If you feel he may play out to be scum eventually, that maens you must have a feeling that he's scum now.

Why not continue your vote on him at this current point? Do you know something we don't? Regardless of if the day is near ending or not, if we have a settled lynch you would think you would continue on it.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vocal, you're not going to help our cause by going around accusing random people of being mafia to elicite reactions from everyone. That's called being a huge distraction. Mafia or not, you're a hazard.

I got a little wary of that as well once I noticed that he was at 5, not 4, votes. He may turn out to be scum eventually, but I don't want any body being lynched any time soon; this day is far from over, if for no other reason than the fact that players haven't posted yet.[/COLOR]
Okay, I'll help alleviate the pressure on X1.

Unvote Vote: Vocal

And I still want you to answer this:
Which of OS and X1 do you find more scummy than the other, and why?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Vocal, your reasoning for unvoting seems odd. If you feel he may play out to be scum eventually, that maens you must have a feeling that he's scum now.

Why not continue your vote on him at this current point? Do you know something we don't? Regardless of if the day is near ending or not, if we have a settled lynch you would think you would continue on it.
Any person may turn out to be scum eventually.

I would rather not continue my vote because there are people that have not been here recently and I find it important to hear from them. On that note, are you JoanBud's replacement?
Vocal, you're not going to help our cause by going around accusing random people of being mafia to elicite reactions from everyone. That's called being a huge distraction. Mafia or not, you're a hazard.

Okay, I'll help alleviate the pressure on X1.

Unvote Vote: Vocal

And I still want you to answer this:
Distraction from what might I ask? Was there something pertinent going on that I interrupted? As I recall, it was X1 who would have been most likely to be causing a distraction than myself.

As for your question, I would still say that X1 seems the scummier out of the two. While I question OS's intentions in partially defending X1's actions, X1 has shown scummier behavior, imo. The wagon could still have been a distraction tool, and his responses and wording are suspect. That said, while I have my suspicions, I still feel there is far more information to be gathered before taking any conclusive action, especially since there has not been anything strong enough at the moment to lynch anyone on without first taking the opportunity to look for something more solid.

I feel like I had a run on sentence there at the end and usually I edit those to make them flow more nicely, but I'm REALLY tired right now so deal with it :laugh:

Swiss

Smash Lord
Unvote Vote Vocal

Stop telling us how useful you've been already, and start doing something.

OS stop commenting on how Vocal isn't being useful (you're right) and start doing something yourself, you clearly can't multi task. Where's the huntin'?

X1 still not wanting to get into bed with you but as payment for mah vote, tell me who scum is and I'll wagon 'em. Make it convincing and I'll probs get 'em lynched for ya.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Unvote Vote Vocal

OS stop commenting on how Vocal isn't being useful (you're right) and start doing something yourself, you clearly can't multi task. Where's the huntin'?

X1 still not wanting to get into bed with you but as payment for mah vote, tell me who scum is and I'll wagon 'em. Make it convincing and I'll probs get 'em lynched for ya.
Am I supposed to lead a game to victory myself? I've already stated that the first priority in my mind as of the moment is hearing more from the players who haven't posted much, whom I have already addressed a question to and am still awaiting an answer from. That is what I'm doing - whether it operates on your time schedule or not is none of my concern, but that should be everyone's #1 priority right now.
Oh yeah Vocal's scum btw.

(n0 cop amirite? :laugh:)
ORLYNAO?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(^Been waiting weeks for a reason to use that again ^_^)

But really, explain your reasoning to me and everyone else.

Just so this doesn't get missed by anyone else again: my main concern right now is hearing from those who have not been heard from. Everything else takes a backseat.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Pressuring inactives.

Great. Just great.

Nevermind lil' ol' Swiss, you keep applying pressure to people not looking at the thread. That'll work a treat. Keep on focusing the game on a group of people not talking, that's a fantastic entry to D1. I mean some people would say that those who are posting should be as useful as they can to each other, and involve other players as they naturally enter the game.

It's not as if by applying pressure to inactives and saying "everything else takes a back seat" that we effectively waste the next day or so.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Pressuring inactives.

Great. Just great.

Nevermind lil' ol' Swiss, you keep applying pressure to people not looking at the thread. That'll work a treat. Keep on focusing the game on a group of people not talking, that's a fantastic entry to D1. I mean some people would say that those who are posting should be as useful as they can to each other, and involve other players as they naturally enter the game.

It's not as if by applying pressure to inactives and saying "everything else takes a back seat" that we effectively waste the next day or so.
I don't need more information on the people who have already posted. More information will be fine, but I want to know about them much more than I want to know about you, especially since I already have basic knowledge on you already. Are you not concerned about what these person's affiliations might be or what information they can provide?

I fear that if I were to continue the game and focus on the people currently posting, I may miss something direly important once the others arrive. This is why I want all players to arrive and be a part of my train of thought before pushing anything else forward - they are essential parts of the game and to play it as if they didn't exist would be foolish.
I'm not looking at this thread, pressure me.
I asked you before but you didn't answer: who are you? Are you Joan's replacement?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm still around. I've been skimming to make sure I don't miss anything massive during my quick vacation weekend. I'm going to read extremely in depth and take notes in the next 36 hours or so, and then I'll post my thoughts.

I've been thinking about role-claiming soon. My role seems a little weak to me, and I'll be honest: I don't know how to use it properly. I'll probably wait until D2 to post it, just to give us something fresh to talk about. I'm not going to use my role N1 unless something happens that makes it clearly the best option. But it's kind of a dumb role, and seems like it might hurt town more than help if I use it early.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I am Pervatasaurus. I've been here this whole time.
In that case, you kind of disappeared after I posted suspicions of you. What gives? Do you just have nothing to say? Have you no suspicions of your own? Even opinions on the opinions of others would be welcome.
Ooh go on Vocal. What knowledge do you have of me?

Why aren't you pressuring Roxy? Is he now 'active'? How has this helped town?
Swiss, tell me how you have contributed to this game. Then you can try to criticize me for not applying pressure perfectly in all directions. Even now that you've started posting more, the only thing you've done is ask me why I'm interested in inactives more than others. Are you trying to pressure me? Do I seem scummy to you? Why? And if not, why are you so focused on me when there are others upon which you could direct your focus?

And furthermore, why aren't YOU pressuring Roxy? Town is a team - if you noticed there was slack, why not pick it up yourself?

And I truly don't think Roxy's done a single thing to help town. I wouldn't say he's hurt it either, but imo none of his actions have fought the good fight.

Purple

Hi guys!
The good fight? Sometimes it's best to not go around throwing flames of passion everywhere. It can cause confusion.

I never disappeared, I might've skimmed though; if you could post these suspicions again that would be great :)

Swiss

Smash Lord
The question is not of 'slack'. You imply what you're doing is correct. Enough semantics, no point in me proving I'm right. I don't think anyone expects a player such as you to apply pressure perfectly in all directions, the problem was where you did apply pressure was a poor direction.

Has Roxy not been useful because of his activity, or other reasons? What is worse, inactivity or lurking?

I am focused upon you? I am sure I do not intend for you to feel victimised. If you feel I have been unfair, don't hesitate to bring it up with other players, I'm sure they'll be sympathetic.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Vocal: Activity policing is very easy way for scum to appear as though they are contributing when really they are not, you have said this is our primary concern but is it really? did you think about that before you posted it? if so explain and justify why it is more important than say, lynching scum

@Dastrn: What real benefit is there to role-claiming? actually think about this answer and for the love of god please don't say "It'll get people talking"

@Adum: Do you think Vocal was intentionally buddying OS?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
The good fight? Sometimes it's best to not go around throwing flames of passion everywhere. It can cause confusion.

I never disappeared, I might've skimmed though; if you could post these suspicions again that would be great :)
I like to be an eloquent guy. Flowery language can be fun :) And this is what I was referring to:
I might as well answer the question myself: Perv. Aside from his slight aggression towards me, a somewhat easy target, he's been fairly quiet. I feel like he chose to target me specifically because he predicted that it would be an accusation that would not go very far, which let him seem suspicious of other people while at the same time saying very little of value; the advantage is that he does not draw attention to himself by simply remaining silent.
And then after that you mostly disappeared.
The question is not of 'slack'. You imply what you're doing is correct. Enough semantics, no point in me proving I'm right. I don't think anyone expects a player such as you to apply pressure perfectly in all directions, the problem was where you did apply pressure was a poor direction.
Oh how could I make such a mistake? Silly me, starting a course of action when people were still active and continuing it after they had been inactive for a short period of time.

If they had been missing for more time before I began inquiring about X1, then you would have more pull when you say this. As this was not the case, this point is misleading and incorrect.
Has Roxy not been useful because of his activity, or other reasons? What is worse, inactivity or lurking?
That's a foolish question to ask - how would you ever be able to tell the difference between the two? In the end, neither add anything to the game, save for there being a specific thing that a person is watching while lurking and him believing that better evidence will arise from staying mum for a while. I don't consider this to be a common situation, so both are useless, unless that inactivity can later be used as evidence as to a person's mafia alliance; in that instance, it is not an effort to help town but rather a slip up. So either they're incriminating themselves for later or free-loading on the efforts of others. If they are mafia, then let them continue to stay silent - it will be all the more obvious later.
I am focused upon you? I am sure I do not intend for you to feel victimised. If you feel I have been unfair, don't hesitate to bring it up with other players, I'm sure they'll be sympathetic.
"I am focused upon you?"

There is no need for that question mark.
Unvote Vote Vocal

Oh yeah Vocal's scum btw.

(n0 cop amirite? :laugh:)
Post criticizing Vocal's methods.
Ooh go on Vocal. What knowledge do you have of me?

Why aren't you pressuring Roxy? Is he now 'active'? How has this helped town?
Every post that you have made since returning to the scene has been aimed in my direction, period. There is no debate; it is a fact that you are focused upon me.

As for your intentions, they remain quite unclear. And unfair? All's fair in love and mafia :) KISS ME NAO!

O_O

*ahem*

Anyways, what I'm getting at: why am I so attractive of a topic to you that your every word concerns me?

Finally, who needs sympathy? Certainly not Ike's friends, and I happen to know the fellow quite personally.

Unless I'm a new target, I really feel like this game is losing focus by the hour :/ I don't feel comfortable pursuing any new courses of action until people actually get here to play the game...this is annoying. Progress must be made!

Top Bottom