• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majora's Mask Mafia | Game Over!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm still looking for you to take a few risks, Swiss. Scum don't like to stick their necks out. Town shouldn't shy away from putting themselves in danger by being aggressive from time to time. If you're going to sit back on the sidelines and joke until a safe wagon comes up, you're useless to us.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Called gettin' reads you chumpy mumpy. Gotta spend money to make money.

Sorry for takin' stances.

You want me to take risks? Show me how.
Stop waiting for other people to do the work before you join in. When you join in, don't just stick a toe in and wait for others to jump in.

I'd like to see more of a trail from you, because currently you've been everywhere but not too deep in any of 'em. Not much info here yet, but I'm letting you know this shouldn't continue.

@mod, can you tell us if the prods have gone out? No one is posting.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It was a direct implication you're not taking any risks. You seem to like 'em

You're not an idiot, stop pretending.
Howso? I called out Vocal hardcore for something you later agreed with. As a result a few noobs have scrubbed their chins and said "hmmm... he's awful DEFENSIVE when it comes to other people posting stupid ****".

And I'll pretend all I want.

Swiss

Smash Lord
K so me callin' X1 scum was what, exactly? AH SHAZZAM. Me going hard stylee on Vocal was what?

O LOOK OS HAI.

Would lynch you, partly because I think you're scum.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
K so me callin' X1 scum was what, exactly? AH SHAZZAM. Me going hard stylee on Vocal was what?

O LOOK OS HAI.

Why? Because we've agreed on things?

What exactly have I done to be "scummy" other than run circles around you in Community Mafia?

Methinks you're just paranoid.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

O LOOK OS HAI.

Oh, and you calling X1 was a joke at best. You never thought he was scum, and didn't push for it and have since said he's town.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Lookin' like you got tired from all that there runnin'.

Goin' around in circles is all we're doin' here too. Let's lynch ya and be done with it.

Nice to see ya tellin' me what I thought and how I've played. Pity you don't realise I change as a player every game I play. Assimilation.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Lookin' like you got tired from all that there runnin'.

Goin' around in circles is all we're doin' here too. Let's lynch ya and be done with it.

Nice to see ya tellin' me what I thought and how I've played. Pity you don't realise I change as a player every game I play. Assimilation.
You spelled realize with an s. Assimilate that! =P

You're not seeming to make much sense here Swiss. The "going around in circles" thing is right, but we don't have much else to do until the MODERATOR AT LEAST CONFRIMS PRODS PLEASE :D (hi hilt XD) so we know there'll be a modkill or punishment for not posting.

I'm still not sure exactly what your case on me is. You seem more flustered than usual.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Green is for people that are inactive that I know have a reasonable reason to be so.

Orange is for people that have taken a stance, good or bad.

Blue is for confirmed town. (only me!)

White is for people that haven't really done anything.

X1-12
-Vocal-
Adumbrodeus
DanGR (votes for Vocal to take pressure off X1, but not actually a true push or stance on Vocal)
Overswarm
Roxy
BSL
Sir Bedevere
Pierre The Scarecrow (votes for X1, but has disappeared and has only tested the waters)
Swiss
Dastrn

I'm going to assume all green is town for the time being. Makes it easier on D1.

So:

DanGR
Roxy
BSL
Sir Bedevere
Pierre the Scarecrow

One of you is probably going to die toDay. We have exactly 4 days until the deadline. While X1 and Vocal both have semi-realistic wagons on them, there are ten people here. Need 6 to lynch. Adum has stated he thinks favorably of both Vocal and X1, at least enough to where they'd live toDay. Ditto with Swiss. That's 8 players left, 6 that'd need to vote to lynch one of them... and all 5 of you are part of that 8.

SO.

You're probably going to be a default lynch if you're on that list.

BSL, Sir Bedevere? You just replaced in. You need to start posting ASAP.

Pierre? I know you can contribute. I still want to know if you caught it. It'd be nice. Useful. You need to post more anyways, your input would be helpful.

Roxy? You can cut that "I'm reading the thread. So MAKE me contribute!" out. You'd be my choice for a random non-contributer lynch toDay if I had to choose right now. Two that have contributed well, two that just replaced in and... you. Start posting.

DangR, you've posted some decent content, but you've more or less been hiding. Don't think I haven't noticed it, you're guilty of the same thing Swiss is doing. You're just not as visible about it because you don't post with a flurry of apostrophes when you're flustered and you don't multi-post, which would make it harder to scroll post your posts. You need to stick your neck out a bit more too.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Keep in mind my V/LA is consistent so limited access today through weds

Gonna agree on OS, him being defensive is a bit of a null tell.

Adum, my man. Who ya lookin @?

Good to see town reads, but what I reeeeeally wanna seem is some scummaiiiiis rooted out. Whatcha think of OS? Would you like to be scum buddies with him? Would you rule this game if you were? What about Pierre? He's good, apparently, he gonna be useful this game?

Roxy, Katy, whoever the **** you are. Who ya lookin' @? Still not like Vocal? What does Adum's town read on him say to you? Suspicious of Adum? Think he's dumb? Or you swap switchin' your position?
TBH I halfway feel like this game is gonna be about process of elimination.

Null tell so far, I'm pretty good at reading him, so I'm gonna keep an eye on him.

I have a long-standing desire to be scum-buddies with OS in a mechanics heavy game where we figure out some nice exploit and proceed to obliterate town summarily.

As far as ruling town, I'm pretty good as scum lol, LOTR mafia I was pretty much ruling town and I had summoner and Vrael as scummates (but, comp issues...). Played a near perfect game in BIM 2 and played pretty **** good as scum in Square Enix mafia on MS which was my first game as scum (being a hunter in CT doesn't count), so yea I could, but I don't think I need OS to rule town. A strong scum-buddy always helps though and OS is pretty strong as scum (hence why he usually needs to be watched carefully).

Pierre seems pretty good, he's gonna be useful, if he's not scum, he's definitely in my sights atm.

:(

I still don't understand what's wrong about my methods :/
You're asking questions which don't produce real information and saying things that are just distracting.

Let me illustrate this through another quote:

What am I trying to hard to do? I feel like everyone's just making assumptions about what my aims are.

The objective of mafia is to figure out what what a person's aims are based on their actions.

Ask yourself, how do your actions serve that objective.

Granted there is a way to do it using a similar playstyle, but it requires a good degree of sophistication about the game and you're being too obvious imo.

I concur with the thought of vocal being noobtown, Dastrn IDK about, but as I mentioned him saying he might claim just for the hell of it (I already asked him why but no answer) is hitting a bad note for me.

If you or Pierre start posting more content then you two are the most pro-town. Atm Vocal is trying but trying too hard, whereas OS doesn't seem to care much
*narrows eyes*

I get a buddying vibe from this, I don't think I've done anything so far that would make me deserve most pro-town.

Care to explain? Also why Pierre?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Swiss, I'd imagine we're both pretty bored.

I'd really rather have a lynch based off of scummy behavior toDay; this is a ten man game, we don't have time to waste lynches. Inactivity D1 is a big pain.

Swiss, who of the inactives would you want to lynch? Assuming, of course, no one posts.

Not pressure, mind you. Just lynch. If they aren't reading, they aren't posting no matter what we post.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Adum, ditto to you. If we don't have a scummy lynch toDay, which of the inactives would you want to lynch?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
BTW everyone, I'll be more active during the weekdays- less so on weekends.

That said, update time.

----------

X1-12: Thought he was mafia, but realized it's probably just his playstyle. (A prominent theme in my mafia adventures thus far.)

-Vocal-: I'm going to be blunt. I'm just about literally sick of his playstyle. It's super distracting and I don't feel like any of it is going to help at any point in this game. I thought there was a good possibility he's mafia, but I realized I thought the same thing last game when he used the same useless playstyle, and turned out to be town. I want him dead, mafia or not. It's come to a point where it's difficult to be motivated to read his posts and respond to anything he says, and to some degree, this whole thread too, because that would mean I'd have to read through Vocal's posts.

So in case this wasn't clear enough, my vote for Vocal wasn't to prevent a premature D1 lynch of X1. It's for the above.

BSL, Sir Bedevere, Dastrn, Pierre The Scarecrow, Roxy: Inactive/inactive as far as I care. I'd vote for one of them if Vocal was dead.

That leaves OS, Adumbrodeus, and Swiss. Apart from having trouble sifting through Swiss' lack of regard for English, Vocal's garbage, and the mass of posts about inactivity, I don't have a good read on an of these 3 yet. I'll be looking into them more, and I'll try to post soon about it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You don't have a read on three players, two of which have been some of the most prominent posters so far and the third having clearly stated several stances?

And you want Vocal dead because he's distracting, but you think he's town?

Stop me if I'm wrong.

Swiss

Smash Lord
You don't have a read on three players, two of which have been some of the most prominent posters so far and the third having clearly stated several stances?

And you want Vocal dead because he's distracting, but you think he's town?

Stop me if I'm wrong.
Echo

I'd superdayvigshoot Pierre. My reasoning sounds pretty scummy so I won't bother posting it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd agree with you, but my reasoning sounds pretty scummy if you're not posting your scummy sounding reasoning so I'm not going to agree with you.

Care to fill me in?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Day One Vote Count
[1] X1-12: Pierre the Scarecrow
[2] Vocal: X1-12, DanGR
[1] Overswarm: Swiss

[7] Note Voting: Adumbrodeus, Pervatasaurus, Sir Bedevere, J, Dastrn, Vocal, Overswarm

Day one will end October 8th at 3:00 PM.
With eleven players remaining it takes six votes to lynch.

Pierre the Scarecrow has been prodded

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't have a clue what Vocal's alignment is. I just know I can't pressure him or read his posts without tearing my hair out.

I said I didn't have a good read on you 3 yet, YES despite how much you and Swiss* have posted, and how "clear" Adumbrodeus' stances are.

-You [OS] are just difficult for me to read, despite having posted a lot.
-Swiss is speaking another language, so it's difficult for me to follow what he's saying. I'll attempt to translate it into English sometime soon.
-I need to find a minute to read through Adumbrodeus' recent posts and analyze everything. It takes me a while to do that sort of thing so I need to find the time.

And I implied at the end of my last post that I'll get to following up on this soon.

*-Swiss really hasn't posted a lot of info- he's just making a lot of posts. You [OS] said something similar to this when you elaborated on this... So why did you just now say he's posting a lot?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
*-Swiss really hasn't posted a lot of info- he's just making a lot of posts. You [OS] said something similar to this when you elaborated on this... So why did you just now say he's posting a lot?
How the **** is this a contradiction?

You still didn't give me results. You gave me excuses. Come back when you actual content, stop wasting my time.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
-Vocal-: I'm going to be blunt. I'm just about literally sick of his playstyle. It's super distracting and I don't feel like any of it is going to help at any point in this game. I thought there was a good possibility he's mafia, but I realized I thought the same thing last game when he used the same useless playstyle, and turned out to be town. I want him dead, mafia or not. It's come to a point where it's difficult to be motivated to read his posts and respond to anything he says, and to some degree, this whole thread too, because that would mean I'd have to read through Vocal's posts.

So in case this wasn't clear enough, my vote for Vocal wasn't to prevent a premature D1 lynch of X1. It's for the above.
I don't have a clue what Vocal's alignment is. I just know I can't pressure him or read his posts without tearing my hair out.
Have you even tried to pressure me? I honestly can't remember.

In any case, you'd be happy to know that I plan on taking a less prominent role; I've refrained from posting lately in order to see what develops when A) I'm not the main person speaking and B) I'm not the topic of discussion.

In that vein, I'm going to sit back awhile longer; this thread has been far too Vocal filled. I'll still be reading, of course, and asking questions if anything pertinent comes to mind.

X1-12

Smash Champion
haven.t read it all since my last post but i'm pretty sure i said in the social thread i was v/la and still am

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Everyone should stop posting about how they aren't posting. Seriously. Wasting my time.

X1-12

Smash Champion
*narrows eyes*

I get a buddying vibe from this, I don't think I've done anything so far that would make me deserve most pro-town.

Care to explain? Also why Pierre?
1. X1-12
2. -Vocal-
3. Adumbrodeus
4. DanGR
5. Overswarm
6. Roxy
7. J
8. JoanBud
9. Pierre The Scarecrow
10. Swiss
11. Dastrn

Pick out a better player, OS or DanGR maybe but neither's posts have hit as good a vibe with me as pierre's, even though they are limited

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Roxy, you're too lurkish. You're very aloof and I don't think you've presented a single solid point against anyone this entire game, save for joining Swiss in interrogating me. What gives? Have you no leads?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Adum, other than X1's statement of DangR being a good player (?) in this game, his buddying choice would be sound. I'd buddy with Pierre. I plan on doing it more if he starts posting.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ok. So I'll be active after school.

@OS: pointed out you got defensive, and that was it. You got more defensive.

The mass prod went out, in case you guys were still wondering.

X1-12, you're list isn't right. I'm not on it.

Agreed on roxy's lurky-ness. Same thing for Pierre.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
@adumbrodeus
OS and pierre I have null tells on so far, though I'm interested in Pierre.
At the time you said you're interested in Pierre, so I figured you were going to ask him questions or something (follow up). Pierre hadn't posted anything since then, and you hadn't asked him any questions. Then Swiss asks you what you think about Pierre in this post (link) and you say the following:
Pierre seems pretty good, he's gonna be useful, if he's not scum, he's definitely in my sights atm.
He seems pretty good to you?- good to win the game for town, I presume. Earlier you said you had null tells on him. What changed? Pierre hadn't said anything, and he hasn't said anything since then. That and you still haven't followed up. Explain.

Dunno if it's X1 being X1 or X1 being scum yet, I'll look into it.
Look into it yet?

*working on OS and Swiss now*

Top Bottom