• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majora's Mask Mafia | Game Over!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
After I finish my homework, I'm goin to give the thread another read through and maybe take notes. Expect me to take a more productive role later tonight or tomorrow. Realtime not mafiatime.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't like how pro-town OS is. He looks like an impatient townie, but it's a bit overboard, as if he has overestimated how impatient he should look to give off that particular brand of townie-ness. It's too much, I think, if that makes sense. He makes me feel uncomfortable. :<

He's also very jealous of my amazing mafia skillz, apparently:
Adum, other than X1's statement of DangR being a good player (?) in this game, his buddying choice would be sound. I'd buddy with Pierre. I plan on doing it more if he starts posting.
(OS, I think X1 meant good townie players- as in, most pro-town.)

----
How the **** is this a contradiction?
You're right.

I read this (link) to mean something like (oversimplified) "swiss, you haven't posted much helpful/usefull content yet," rather than something more like "this is scummy; stick your neck out more," which I got on my second read-through, while paying more attention to the context in which you wrote it.

----

@Swiss, I can't understand half your posts. Would it be unreasonable for me to ask you to clarify a bunch of them if I selected all of the ones I don't understand?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Finished my read. Thoughts:

1. X1-12 - I share the opinion of most: haven't liked his play, would be OK with lynching him.

2. -Vocal- - I'm fine with him. He's active, he questions, and I get town vibes from him. That won't save him later if he doesn't start scumhunting, although I can understand why he hasn't on D1 (same reason I don't lol).

3. Adumbrodeus - Don't like him too much right now. Not a play today, but I'm keeping an eye on him, especially with DanGR's last post.

4. DanGR - Speaking of which, I wanna hold DanGR's hand. :< I share a lot of his mindsets and his opinion of Vocal has been perfectly scaled all throughout the day, which is not something newer scum really pays attention to, I don't think.

5. Overswarm - OS being OS. Clearly not a play, but I'm watching him.

6. Roxy - AHHHH please lynch him. Hate his playstyle; little content, little presence. He's made 27 posts but I don't feel like he's done anything. I would be happy with a Roxy lynch toDay if people want to jump on board.

7. BSL - Just joined, no read. Unless we want to lynch clean slates toDay, not a play. Have to wait till toMorrow to decide anything, probably.

9. Pierre The Scarecrow - I want to make a hand circle with Pierre and DanGR. :> Just a note: I remember from Phoenix Wright Mafia that Pierre is usually busy most days of the week, so expect sparse bits of activity from him (though perhaps that's changed, IDK). As long as he keeps posting as he does, I want him around forever.

10. Swiss - Second time playing with Swiss, and I'm still not quite used to him. So far, though, I like what I'm seeing.

11. Dastrn - Eh, non-existent player. Basically all his posts have been about his inactivity. If we want to lynch inactives, he's basically the only choice we have lol.

tl;dr lynch roxy pls

Vote: Roxy

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Driving home from vacation now. Big meetings in the morning with my VPs and the head of probation from one of our biggest counties. I will be catching up completely by tomorrow night.
Thanks for your patience. Best vacation I ever had. I saw 33 family members, including my 3 new nieces. Lil bro got married. Went kayaking with m3d a couple times. All around ballin' weekend.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Finished my read. Thoughts:

1. X1-12 - I share the opinion of most: haven't liked his play, would be OK with lynching him.

2. -Vocal- - I'm fine with him. He's active, he questions, and I get town vibes from him. That won't save him later if he doesn't start scumhunting, although I can understand why he hasn't on D1 (same reason I don't lol).

3. Adumbrodeus - Don't like him too much right now. Not a play today, but I'm keeping an eye on him, especially with DanGR's last post.

4. DanGR - Speaking of which, I wanna hold DanGR's hand. :< I share a lot of his mindsets and his opinion of Vocal has been perfectly scaled all throughout the day, which is not something newer scum really pays attention to, I don't think.

5. Overswarm - OS being OS. Clearly not a play, but I'm watching him.

6. Roxy - AHHHH please lynch him. Hate his playstyle; little content, little presence. He's made 27 posts but I don't feel like he's done anything. I would be happy with a Roxy lynch toDay if people want to jump on board.

7. BSL - Just joined, no read. Unless we want to lynch clean slates toDay, not a play. Have to wait till toMorrow to decide anything, probably.

9. Pierre The Scarecrow - I want to make a hand circle with Pierre and DanGR. :> Just a note: I remember from Phoenix Wright Mafia that Pierre is usually busy most days of the week, so expect sparse bits of activity from him (though perhaps that's changed, IDK). As long as he keeps posting as he does, I want him around forever.

10. Swiss - Second time playing with Swiss, and I'm still not quite used to him. So far, though, I like what I'm seeing.

11. Dastrn - Eh, non-existent player. Basically all his posts have been about his inactivity. If we want to lynch inactives, he's basically the only choice we have lol.

tl;dr lynch roxy pls

Vote: Roxy
FoS Sir Bedevere

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
1. X1-12
2. -Vocal-
3. Adumbrodeus
4. DanGR
5. Overswarm
6. Roxy
7. J
8. JoanBud
9. Pierre The Scarecrow
10. Swiss
11. Dastrn

Pick out a better player, OS or DanGR maybe but neither's posts have hit as good a vibe with me as pierre's, even though they are limited
Frankly, I should've been bottom of the barrel then, I only had 9 posts, so frankly just about anyone seemed a better pick then me.

Measuring at face value, Swiss was probably the best choice by a wide margin given your vibes for OS and DanGR. I guess Pierre was a consistent choice given the time and your choice of me.

Why care to illustrate what you found about my posts prior to your decision that you found so pro-town?

@OS: I said DanGR, I get a slight noobtown read from him. X1 needs to be watched closely.

As far as lynch, I'd prefer to give the recent replacements a chance to get active.

Gonna hold off a bit on the answer to this cause I wanna check some meta on this, but I half-way wanna say pierre if he doesn't get his *** in gear soon.

@adumbrodeus

At the time you said you're interested in Pierre, so I figured you were going to ask him questions or something (follow up). Pierre hadn't posted anything since then, and you hadn't asked him any questions. Then Swiss asks you what you think about Pierre in this post (link) and you say the following:

He seems pretty good to you?- good to win the game for town, I presume. Earlier you said you had null tells on him. What changed? Pierre hadn't said anything, and he hasn't said anything since then. That and you still haven't followed up. Explain.
You presume poorly, I don't even know how you drew that conclusion based on what I said.

"Good" is a measure of skill, if I meant "pro-town" I would say "pro-town" and if I meant "I have a town read" I would say "leans town".

As for why I haven't prodded him, other matters drew my attention, because I had limited time so I concentrated on other things, I am V/LA after all.

Look into it yet?
Skim less plz

X1 and vocal, reviewed them and here's my thoughts.

X1: Null read for the moment, but I want him to keep talking.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
If we reach 6 votes on one guy, does the lynch happen immediately?

Meant to say this before, I guess i forgot.

@OS/anyone who can answer for him: You got pretty defensive earlier. Yeah, of course defending yourself is necessary. Kinda the point of the game and stuff, but at my mentioning of your defensive-ness, you defended your defensive-ness. I wasn't calling you out for anything, I was just asked my opinion of guys.

Here's the question. Is this a normal overswarmian playstyle?

Homework is taking a while. I just wanted to have something done tonight.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh hi gais. I just finished catching by reading the whole thread on my phone while my brother and wife drove. Gave me a huge headache but it was fun.

I don't like danGR so far.
Vocal seems noobtown.
OS seems OS. Null read, but more pro-town. Especially for hitting swiss hard and then being reasonable.
I want more content from Pierre. He seems good.null read on him means I need more.
X1 is roughly inside his town meta.
Not a fan of perv/roxy/whothe****ever
Adum is probably scum.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Oh hi gais. I just finished catching by reading the whole thread on my phone while my brother and wife drove. Gave me a huge headache but it was fun.

Vocal seems noobtown.
OS seems OS. Null read, but more pro-town. Especially for hitting swiss hard and then being reasonable.
I want more content from Pierre. He seems good.null read on him means I need more.
X1 is roughly inside his town meta.
Not a fan of perv/roxy/whothe****ever
Adum is probably scum.
You forgot Swiss.

Swiss

Smash Lord
For what reason, Das? GOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGGOO explain. Show how OS is on the right side of that darn elusive line. Why was OS 'hitting me hard then being reasonable' useful? How did I need to change? How about this: We were both telling the other to take risks, and trying to see if the other would jump in on a case or spark summat up to try and impress and look but possibly be OMG TOWN.

So yah.

That'll do for now.

@Swiss, I can't understand half your posts. Would it be unreasonable for me to ask you to clarify a bunch of them if I selected all of the ones I don't understand?
If I'm talkin' to you. You'll understand it. Probably. But go ahead and quote me some pimpin' posts.

Gaagh even if OS is scum I don't wanna lynch him. Far more fun to keep him around.

Unvote Vote oh wait X1 hasn't told me who to vote

K, Sir Bed, do you always try and look scummy? *Regrets accepting hydra requests willy nilly*

OS - what was wrong with his FOS'd post?

Roxy do something.

There was another post I had a problem but I forgot where it was and can't find it.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have rose-colored shades on when I look at OS, since I'm actually friends with him, and we spent 3 years on the same side of many issues in the BBR together. I know his communication style. I've seen him argue points just for the sake of arguing. I've seen him when he KNOWS he's right and refuses to back down. I have very little Mafia experience with him, but I've got overall OS meta in my head, and I trust my reads on people. (in oddworld, trusted my Joanbud is scum read, trusted my J is town, trusted my Mayling is scum...)I'm good with reading people when they put themselves out there. Doesn't mean they can't be pulling wool over my eyes. It just means I can lean one way or the other and feel good about it.

Gotta get ready for work, so I can't elaborate more for now.

Swiss

Smash Lord
You didn't elaborate at all. Answer the questions, please. If I'd said "Give me a list of your credentials and ego boost" you'd have nailed it, though.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Did you read his post, Swiss? It was incredibly bland. It was like a giant serving of styrofoam soup. Hardly what I'd expect from someone paying attention at this point.

vote Katy My Lady

Roxy wagon go. If Roxy says something maybe it disappears, but for now I am not fond of the quietness.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Frankly, I should've been bottom of the barrel then, I only had 9 posts, so frankly just about anyone seemed a better pick then me.

Measuring at face value, Swiss was probably the best choice by a wide margin given your vibes for OS and DanGR. I guess Pierre was a consistent choice given the time and your choice of me.

Why care to illustrate what you found about my posts prior to your decision that you found so pro-town
if you read what i posted you would see it says you and pierre If you started posting more, neither you or him have done anything actively anti-town which is almost a rarity in this game

Purple

Hi guys!
@Dastrn - You have a lot of null reads, which is fine, however at this point in the game it would be nice if you had some insight who would actually be the play for today; who do you think will be best?

I concur with the thought of vocal being noobtown, Dastrn IDK about, but as I mentioned him saying he might claim just for the hell of it (I already asked him why but no answer) is hitting a bad note for me.

If you or Pierre start posting more content then you two are the most pro-town. Atm Vocal is trying but trying too hard, whereas OS doesn't seem to care much

I'd agree with the statement on Vocal, however OS seems to be playing the same way he usuallydoes to me.

Unless I'm schizophrenic, I am not purposefully drawing attention to myself. In fact, you and Swiss are the ones making me the topic of the minute.
No we're not, asking you questions is a 1 on 1 thing unless i bring out information to the rest of town; please dont' exaggerate.

In the situation where I would be the focus of attention, it would only be for a brief period of time, ending in the conclusion that I am town, which would then swiftly move to analysis of those who have interacted with me and possible scum tells. The only reason this would in any case be a desirable situation is that by knowing I am town, a mafia member's alignment becomes clearer. Otherwise, it's a waste of time.
Why are you so certain that you will be looked upon as town? isn't this something you need to work for to get town to feel this way?

Going to work :S

Overswarm

is laughing at you

User: Katy My Lady
Unacceptable entry
Please complete all required fields

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
No we're not, asking you questions is a 1 on 1 thing unless i bring out information to the rest of town; please dont' exaggerate.
For a minute

I was the topic of conversation.

No exaggeration.
Why are you so certain that you will be looked upon as town? isn't this something you need to work for to get town to feel this way?
Hmm, I thought I already addressed this. I was detailing the hypothetical situation under which I would be ok with being focused. It is one hypothetical situation among many.

My point still stands that you haven't contributed much other than questioning me along with Swiss.

+1 for wagon

Unvote Vote: Roxy

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not sure how I feel about this... I don't know what you mean by "scaled." What about my mindsets do you agree with? Or perhaps, what do you think my mindsets are right now?

You presume poorly, I don't even know how you drew that conclusion based on what I said.
Earlier:
What about Pierre? He's good, apparently, he gonna be useful this game?
Pierre seems pretty good, he's gonna be useful, if he's not scum, he's definitely in my sights atm.
Your answer seemed redundant to me if I took it as meaning you think he's a good player. That and Pierre hasn't said much yet so I'm not sure how you could come to the conclusion that you think he's a good player this early.

If we reach 6 votes on one guy, does the lynch happen immediately?
Yes.

Why?

If I'm talkin' to you. You'll understand it. Probably. But go ahead and quote me some pimpin' posts.
I don't want to only understand the posts directed at me. >.>

I don't understand any of your posts from posts from post #235-#258 (links)

Also, with your vote recently placed on Roxy, do you still think OS is scum?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
EBWOP: "Your answer seemed redundant to me if I took it as meaning you think he's a good player. That and Pierre hasn't said much yet so I'm not sure how you could come to the conclusion that you think he's a good player this early."

I didn't mean to say conclusion as "final judgement". I meant it to mean and ongoing thought- as in your conclusion for now based on what you've seen so far.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
@DanGR - I didn't like your exchanges with vocal. I got the feeling that he was playing noobtown (could be a ruse, I guess) but that you refused to see it for what it most likely was, and continued to pressure him and exchange with him. The more I read, the more I became confident that exactly 1 of you was mafia. Not neither. Not both. I didn't like how either of you were playing the exchange. So I thought "one of these two is playing bad as town, and the other is playing bad as scum." It seemed relatively clear to me that Vocal was playing "bad at town" and that left "bad at scum" for you.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I don't want to only understand the posts directed at me. >.>

I don't understand any of your posts from posts from post #235-#258 (links)

Also, with your vote recently placed on Roxy, do you still think OS is scum?
Just a bunch of pro town chit chat.

You skimmed, go re-read. I don't like answering questions I've already answered.

Swiss

Smash Lord
@DanGR - I didn't like your exchanges with vocal. I got the feeling that he was playing noobtown (could be a ruse, I guess) but that you refused to see it for what it most likely was, and continued to pressure him and exchange with him. The more I read, the more I became confident that exactly 1 of you was mafia. Not neither. Not both. I didn't like how either of you were playing the exchange. So I thought "one of these two is playing bad as town, and the other is playing bad as scum." It seemed relatively clear to me that Vocal was playing "bad at town" and that left "bad at scum" for you.
I take it you no longer stand by this opinion? [Past tense used]

Who's the play? You're gettin' caught up in explainin' yourself. Does it matter as much as rootin' 'n tootin' out some scum? Nopey.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I second this notion actually. (No, not just because the other option is meh.) His "let's lynch Vocal because he annoys me" post seemed extremely aggressive and unwarranted; I'll admit that I've had some convoluted ideas, but not to the extent that they'd elicit this type of response. It truly seemed like he wanted to gun for someone and get others to follow him.

Bedevere also makes me uncomfortable due to how he backed up Dan's opinions; it nearly seems like mafia subtly trying to build support to lynch a townie.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hey vocal, you know what's a good idea? Not putting words in other people's mouths. That's what I do as scum. It works great!

If you're a townie though, it screws people over royally. So stop it.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hey vocal, you know what's a good idea? Not putting words in other people's mouths. That's what I do as scum. It works great!

If you're a townie though, it screws people over royally. So stop it.
My mistake. Let's fix it.

I also believe Dan is suspect, for slightly different reasons.

His "let's lynch Vocal because he annoys me" post seemed extremely aggressive and unwarranted; I'll admit that I've had some convoluted ideas, but not to the extent that they'd elicit this type of response. It truly seemed like he wanted to gun for someone and get others to follow him.

Bedevere also makes me uncomfortable due to how he backed up Dan's opinions; it nearly seems like mafia subtly trying to build support to lynch a townie.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because telling someone you wanna hold hands with them implies only a subtle agreement, right, Vocal?

Top Bottom