• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majoras Mask Mafia! DGames' Longest Game Ends - Who Won?!?!?!?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay thanks for those posts, Nabe.

I think I understand intent, but I'm not sure. Why would you push it so much?

I may or may not address your recent response in detail. I'm satisfied with your answers for the most part, and the ones I don't like are either WIFOM or just unprovable. I may hold onto them, though, so don't ask me to tell you which I liked.

Hey kuzi! ^^

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I know very little about Majoras Mask flavor. Someone explain to me Circus' role in full. Does Solid's lover die if he dies before he finds her? On what Day did Solid claim this? Same question about John. I remember Circus claiming at the end of D1 right alongside of Xastres and then he tried to swing an OS lynch at the last moment. While reading that I thought that was the ****tiest bussing attempt in my entire life but apparently OS is town so w/e

Nabe do you have any results?

In other news I've skimmed bits and pieces of D1 when I was casually reading it before replacing in but havn't even glanced at D2 yet. This is kind of a problem because we have like 48 hours until deadline. Do we have an extension?

Hi werekill. I won't be able to tell you anything content related as of now as reading 50 pages in two days especially on the weekend is not something im down for. Give me things to work with if you want my opinion on an interaction. Post numbers, quotes, recapped arguments what have you. Make my life as easy as possible so I can make this time before deadline productive.

Hi kantrip.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
J why did you leave the thread without saying hello to me? Are you brooding over me replacing OS in your scum QT?

John why should I have any reason to believe that an even night commuter is town aligned? When did you claim and at L-X count? Why is Raziek scum? If you've already explained it, link it to me.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Actually someone finding the three claim posts for me would be awesome.

Another question @ anyone. Are we clearing Circus based off his interaction with Xastres? I would. From what I remember reading Xas wanted to wagon OS towards the end of that Day after being on the Circus wagon. If the interaction was SvS, Xas would have definitely kept the facade up until the very end and tried to antagonize the relationship as much as possible. Him double backing on it proves the interaction was all about saving his *** which appears more natural when a scum is about to get lynched.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Cricus's claim:
I'm Mayor Dotour, Town Census Taker. I have one ability, literally called "Take Census," that allows me to find out how many members of a single species there are in the game. I can check one species each Night. Basically, it allows me to verify if someone is lying about their race (and, consequentially, their entire character), but I'm only really able to determine it after a massclaim (since I would need many or all of the living players left in the game to have claimed), which it looks like I probably won't survive long enough to see. I have five options for census taking: Human, Zora, Goron, Deku, and "Unclassified," which is basically a catch-all for anything that doesn't fit into the first four groups.
John's claim:
I am a Sea Turtle, Town Even Night Commuter. I am currently visiting Clock Town on holiday.

My Ability is: Commute. Each Even Night (Night 2, Night 4, etc.) I leave town for the Night. During this time, I am immune to Night actions.
Solid's claim:
Fine, I'm going to claim. I'm Kafei, town lost lover. I have an ability that I can use each night called 'look for Anju', which I can use to look for the other lost lover in this game. We're basically separated masons, and in if we both search for each other in the night we can talk. If one of us dies, so does the other. So yeah, that's that.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Thank you.

John, can you choose to commute on even nights or are you forced to?

Can someone also find for me Xas' claim and explain to me how Circus has information on both Human and Unclassified if he can only do one species a Night?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Are we clearing Circus based off his interaction with Xastres? I would. From what I remember reading Xas wanted to wagon OS towards the end of that Day after being on the Circus wagon. If the interaction was SvS, Xas would have definitely kept the facade up until the very end and tried to antagonize the relationship as much as possible. Him double backing on it proves the interaction was all about saving his *** which appears more natural when a scum is about to get lynched.
Yes, Circus is town.

Can someone also find for me Xas' claim and explain to me how Circus has information on both Human and Unclassified if he can only do one species a Night?
Circus was motivated to perform two actions.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I am Jim, town Hobo.
I am a human visitor to clock town.
I have an ability called Street Smarts. I get to "hang around: " a player to get information on them. It sounds from what x1 sent me that he can basically send me whatever the hell he wants to about the person, and it's my job to interpret it and decide if it's useful.

I might receive race, ability, name, or worthless flavor.

@Werekill, if circus get's lynched and flips scum, who would you recommend I "hang around" tonight?

random thought unrelated to this, but if we are looking at a no lynch, I propose we just lynch OS and me and circus can duke it out tomorrow. OS has been dead weight and either needs to play or die. If we did that, I volunteer to pick up his spreadsheet idea, and recreate the data from the beginning of the game, so we don't lose what he started.

@mod: If I did so, would I be allowed to post it publicly someplace, so someone else could take it and keep it going in case I die at any point?
Here is Xastrn's claim. Also apparently Nabe claimed cop.

#HBC | Nabe

I am Jim, town Hobo.
I am a human visitor to clock town.
I have an ability called Street Smarts. I get to "hang around: " a player to get information on them. It sounds from what x1 sent me that he can basically send me whatever the hell he wants to about the person, and it's my job to interpret it and decide if it's useful.

I might receive race, ability, name, or worthless flavor.

@Werekill, if circus get's lynched and flips scum, who would you recommend I "hang around" tonight?

random thought unrelated to this, but if we are looking at a no lynch, I propose we just lynch OS and me and circus can duke it out tomorrow. OS has been dead weight and either needs to play or die. If we did that, I volunteer to pick up his spreadsheet idea, and recreate the data from the beginning of the game, so we don't lose what he started.

@mod: If I did so, would I be allowed to post it publicly someplace, so someone else could take it and keep it going in case I die at any point?
Xastrn's claim.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Werekill, look back at the post he linked to me and think for a moment. Thanks.

Kuz, you should read my super massive #995. It contains a lot of the important posts from D1 (in my opinion) and comments on them (also obviously in my opinion). Obviously with a grain of salt, but I've been referring back to that post on numerous occasions.

Panta

Smash Cadet
Here is Xastrn's claim. Also apparently Nabe claimed cop.
Eternal gratitude and love for compiling all of those claims. Would have been a pain in the *** to find them all.

John is a compulsive commuter? What the hell?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Werekill, look back at the post he linked to me and think for a moment. Thanks.
I AM thinking. Past D1, there is just no reason to keep up a fakeclaim any longer. If he's actually the cop, holding results back is anti-town after claim, and if he's scum, he can just pull out a bunch of fake investigations out of nowhere later on.

If he's faking, what do we gain? A person who, at this point, is completely unlikely to be targeted during the night? That's not useful, and I hope everyone else realizes it.

It's just a no-win situation all around, and I see no reason for it to go on any longer. What's even worse is that there's still the possibility of him being scum or abductor and using his shield of "oh, I'm drawing off night fire guyz" to stay safe during the day. I don't like that possibility one bit. :/

Inferno3044

Smash Master
@Inferno: Who are your NULL reads atm?
Panta, Werekill, T-Block, kuz, and Nabe atm. I'm a little confused about Kantrip as well.

Also I'm not very knowledgeable about the commuter role. I have some questions:

@Kuz - You asked why you should believe that an even day commuter is town. Why did you ask that?

@Panta - What's the big deal about John not having a choice of whether he leaves or not?

John2k4

The End of an Era
When did you claim and at L-X count? Why is Raziek scum? If you've already explained it, link it to me.
I'll go try to figure out the L-X count I was at when I claimed. As for Raz, my read on him is right here, 2055.

Or you could just leave, John.

Kinda disappointed.
Sorry, I try to skim stuff via phone so I don't have to spend an hour in catchup when I get home.

#HBC | Nabe

And why not? Your refusal to say results basically flat-out makes your claim seem false to everyone else, scum and town included.
Why would that be a problem to me? Scum kill clears, so a little doubt on me is hardly a bad thing in exchange. (And obviously my result was town, since I haven't pushed a guilty.)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
If you want time, speak up. I can make it happen.
Settle down, you.

If Kuz wants time to catch up, he can say so, and I'm cool with that. Otherwise, I don't mind where we're at.

By the way, thanks for replacing in, Kuz.

I'll be at a party tomorrow night, will likely be sleeping in the following morning as a result, and have work for pretty much the rest of that day, so I don't think I'll be here at deadline. I'm telling you guys this because if my vote needs to be on John, I need to know before tomorrow night (or tonight, technically. Whatever).

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Put it on before you go to the party. This day isn't going to end in anyone's lynch but John's, and anyone who early hammers is dumb or scum.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I can honestly say that, even while high, pursuing the topic any further is stupid.

If it ever becomes a problem we can deal with it later when we have the necessity to.

Kantrip

Kantplay
My answer: Maybe. That's what my answer will remain and that's what Nabe wants it to remain, as he has said. If there is doubt as to his role and he is telling the truth, mafia may avoid NKing him because he could be drawing the NK. If there is no doubt and he is telling the truth, he's a dead cop. If he's lying about it but he's some other town role (most likely VT), then he either draws the NK and scum uses their NK on a VT, or scum thinks he is lying about his role so they don't NK him and he stays alive.
If Nabe is actually scum lying about his role, then it doesn't matter to us right this moment. There's no point trying to out him over one of three scenarios right now:
1. He's the cop with an innocent result
2. He's a vanilla townie drawing the NK
3. He's actually lying scum

There is a 1/3 chance (not taking into account variable factors that change likeliness) at this time. I'd look into it more toMorrow, depending on the circumstances after lynching John toDay.

Panta

Smash Cadet
To scum he is 1/2 chance (directed at Kant) of being anything and if they have roleblocker, guess who gets it?

Kantrip

Kantplay
He doesn't need to share it for it to be useful.

There's no point in outing yourself just to share a not guilty result.

Panta, he could have no power role. If this is the case, scum wastes their NK.

I do think we should look at him toMorrow, because he's not going to just coast through on a question mark over his role.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
He has a good reason for that as well.

If I was a cop who didn't out himself already, I wouldn't share a not guilty.
But didn't he actually out himself?

But hey, whatever. Since Kantrip just said that we'll look at him tomorrow anyway, I now know that I'm not crazy in thinking that he could be coasting via his fake claim. I'm fine with dropping this until toMorrow.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Thank you.

Less than 24 hours until deadline, right? The timezone difference messes me up.

John, are you going to flip scum? Serious question.

Top Bottom