• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majoras Mask Mafia! DGames' Longest Game Ends - Who Won?!?!?!?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why did you feel the need to reiterate that thought once again?

Also, why did you feel that I was trying to switch the wagon off of John?

You never actually gave a read of me.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Why did you feel the need to reiterate that thought once again?

Also, why did you feel that I was trying to switch the wagon off of John?

You never actually gave a read of me.
I was talking about today as in I just woke up and read what people posted while I was asleep, not D2. As for the John wagon, I see you trying to get attention off of John and onto other people and I don't like it. It sounds like you're trying to keep pressure off of him and onto another, possibly town, player. So you're null leaning scum atm but that will probably change based on John's flip.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Do I really need to repeat what everyone has been saying?

"Sea Turtle" as a name sounds funny, the power itself seems useless now since he didn't just not reveal what days he's invincible when he claimed, a turtle swimming into town isn't that flavorful, bla bla bla. In combination with prior scummy behavior, I see no reason to not lynch him.
No, what you needed to do was take a stance on something more specific than, "His claim was bad."

Although I still find the 3 mod votes to be ridiculously stupid, I'm not going to refer to that here.
You just did.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Some of it is old, however he brought up a few things and illustrated possible intent behind some of the posts that hadn't occurred to me.
I didn't get a whole **** load out of it, but D1 motivations were shown in a different light.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Because someone is inevitably going to ask:

My new avatar is a result of S2 turning my Skype avatar into a Probopass.

#HBC | Nabe

Collapsed for brevity obviously.
[collapse=Rebuttal to Kantrip]
This is about the closest to bussing xastrn got. It was in the form of Nabe telling me that Circus being at L-1 isn't dangerous and then opening a back-door for himself when questioned about proposing an OS lynch.
  • How do you mean that this is close to bussing? I didn't reference Xastrn here, except to say that Circus didn't answer my question about OS.
  • Circus being at L-1 wasn't dangerous, as I explained when questioned by OS.
  • I didn't propose an OS lynch. My question was "Who would lynch OS at this juncture?" which is a question of players' reads and intents. If I been proposing an OS wagon, you would've seen me vote OS and say "hey let's do this" as I did when I amped the Solid wagon.

He attempts to convince everyone that we should switch the wagon from Xastrn to Circus because people from the Xasty wagon were posting. Bleck.
This is the same point that dabuz brought up. See our discussion of it at 1560 > 1577 > 1611 > 1642. tl;dr is simply that your interpretation of this post is wrong.

Again, Nabe gives out a strong feeling of NOT wanting to lynch Xastrn. He tells me not to hammer and is glad that my vote wasn't bolded. I actually forgot I did this, but it got quite the reaction out of Nabe when I "fake hammered" using improper format.
I didn't want Xastrn hammered, since we had time left in the Day, people to hear from, and issues to discuss. As is clear in my post (and in subsequent posts where you and I discussed it), I assumed that you had meant to hammer but hadn't bolded your vote, when in actuality you were just doing the sharing thing with J. I don't understand how you've interpreted this as a push against the Xastrn wagon, and similarly your post here doesn't give me any insight into how you came to that conclusion.

But then when J DOES hammer, these gifs show up. Wreaks of fake-ness.
This is incorrect. My first gif was before the hammer, and wasn't addressed at the hammer at all. It was addressed to this post:
Nabe, don't worry duder, I see your code I'll protect you, I mean jail you, I mean help you.
I was semi-ninja'd by you and by the votecount, since in that four-minute span I was looking through Pulp Fiction Mafia for this Link gif. The mod then updated the votecount to show it hadn't changed as a result of your non-bolded vote. (Hence my line "Good man, mod" for not counting your vote.) And I posted telling you not to hammer, but was ninja'd by J hammering despite me asking not to. Hence the second posting of the gif, smaller.

To explain further: in Pulp Fiction Mafia, J had an aggressive wagon led on him by another player (Ryker), and that Link gif played a large part in it. J was half-aggravated and half-amused by this behaviour. My use of it here was as a commentary on J's light-hearted strike-out, and the second was to his similar light-hearted attitude to hammering, which was an attitude that reminded me of Ryker's play in general.

For the record, I really don't like how much Nabe has been pushing for his role being an investigative. I know questioning you being alive will only open up a can of WIFOM, so I won't go there.
You know that post where I posted the word 'investigation' ~10 times? That post means something and you should look into it.

Did we ever get reasoning for Raziek scum? I forget. Could you go over it again, if you already provided a case? Also tell us if your read has changed or become more cemented at all since.

Did we ever get that Raziek case? I may be forgetting about it. The role speculation is completely pointless to me, and that portion of the post is a waste of time and should be viewed as fluff.
I believe I've covered this in a recent post to Circus.

Either completely useless posts in here, or just Nabe asking everyone the same question. A little bit of asking for clarification mixed in. Generally fake contributing here.
Of the 9 posts you quoted here, 7 are important (questions), 1 is semi-relevant (a comment on people filling in content [which happened again with the OS mod votes]), and 1 is fluff (the joke at Circus). In the fluff post itself, you missed a quote of me telling Circus to resume his discussion on dabuz from the previous Day.
[/collapse]

#HBC | Nabe

Fair enough. Satisfied now?

And yes, I did, but I suppose that I should have instead put "I won't make this the main subject of this." That's pretty much what I meant.
@Probably J, notice how this is similar to the quote in 2041.

Werekill, it's not about my satisfaction. It's about you making sure to be accountable for the things you say.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Chainsawception.
Honestly? The use of that word was inherently light-hearted. Sure I accused the two of you of a chainsaw defense. My question is, why is thinking that and pursuing it a noob thing to do? Answer this in more than one word this time.

I was talking about today as in I just woke up and read what people posted while I was asleep, not D2. As for the John wagon, I see you trying to get attention off of John and onto other people and I don't like it. It sounds like you're trying to keep pressure off of him and onto another, possibly town, player. So you're null leaning scum atm but that will probably change based on John's flip.
Why will it "probably change" based off of John's flip? Also, how is questioning other players and pointing out scummy behaviour WHILE STILL PRESSURING JOHN AS WELL scummy?

Nabe, will respond in a bit.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Honestly? The use of that word was inherently light-hearted. Sure I accused the two of you of a chainsaw defense. My question is, why is thinking that and pursuing it a noob thing to do? Answer this in more than one word this time.
Sorry, I knew that you meant that term in a light-hearted manner, but I was referring to the fact that you were spewing "chainsaw defence! Chainsaw!" everywhere. It is easily explained by either bad play or newness, I suppose, and since it was one of the main tenets of my suspicion of you, I've dropped you as a prime suspect.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Collapsed for brevity obviously.
[collapse=Rebuttal to Kantrip]

• How do you mean that this is close to bussing? I didn't reference Xastrn here, except to say that Circus didn't answer my question about OS.
  • Circus being at L-1 wasn't dangerous, as I explained when questioned by OS.
  • I didn't propose an OS lynch. My question was "Who would lynch OS at this juncture?" which is a question of players' reads and intents. If I been proposing an OS wagon, you would've seen me vote OS and say "hey let's do this" as I did when I amped the Solid wagon.

I said the closest to bussing that Xastrn got. You trying to switch the wagon was the most help Xastrn received, ergo I said it was the closest thing to bussing.

Circus being at L-1 may not have been dangerous in the sense that scum may hammer, but a newbie could easily hammer, or there could be someone who skims and puts their vote on without knowing Circus was at L-1. Regardless of what you say, L-1 is never SAFE. Sure, we could lynch the hammerer, but if it was just someone who skimmed or something, then congrats, that's 2 mislynches in a row. That doesn't sound "safe" to me. What I didn't like is that you questioned my unvoting, saying that I didn't need to unvote because L-1 is safe.

Even if you didn't want to start an OS wagon, asking who would lynch him is still shifting the attention. Where was the attention? On Xastrn. Who was scum? Xastrn? One plus one is two, and you were switching the attention off of scum onto someone else. It doesn't matter if you were suggesting the lynch or not.

This is the same point that dabuz brought up. See our discussion of it at 1560 > 1577 > 1611 > 1642. tl;dr is simply that your interpretation of this post is wrong.

That short conversation about it didn't really make me feel any better about what you did. Especially with you thinking deadline was a day earlier than it was. I'm not saying this is what you did, but you could have known that we had time until deadline, and tried to act like you thought it was earlier as a last-ditch effort to safe Xastrn without leaving too big of a bus trail behind you. Me no gusta.

I didn't want Xastrn hammered, since we had time left in the Day, people to hear from, and issues to discuss. As is clear in my post (and in subsequent posts where you and I discussed it), I assumed that you had meant to hammer but hadn't bolded your vote, when in actuality you were just doing the sharing thing with J. I don't understand how you've interpreted this as a push against the Xastrn wagon, and similarly your post here doesn't give me any insight into how you came to that conclusion.

All I know is that you didn't want Xastrn to be hammered. This, coupled with how you suggested switching the wagon earlier, they make quite a nasty combo, I must say. Sure, you could say you wanted to use as much of the day as possible, but you could just as easily be scum trying to look townie by saying "use as much of the day as possible", while simultaneously attempting to save Xastrn. It all comes down to who's reading it and what they think of the intent. Personally, I see "we may have to switch the wagon. Don't hammer Xastrn. Guys would you lynch Overswarm? Oh whoops deadline is later. Oh whoops Someone hammered. Yayayayay!"

This is incorrect. My first gif was before the hammer, and wasn't addressed at the hammer at all. It was addressed to this post:

I was semi-ninja'd by you and by the votecount, since in that four-minute span I was looking through Pulp Fiction Mafia for this Link gif. The mod then updated the votecount to show it hadn't changed as a result of your non-bolded vote. (Hence my line "Good man, mod" for not counting your vote.) And I posted telling you not to hammer, but was ninja'd by J hammering despite me asking not to. Hence the second posting of the gif, smaller.

Okay. Either way, you posted a gif after the lynch that didn't suggest at all that you were unhappy with J hammering, yet you explicitly told me NOT to. I don't understand; so you were ninja'd by J hammering despite you asking not to, so you posted the gif again but smaller? Does the gif being small signify you're actually unhappy?

To explain further: in Pulp Fiction Mafia, J had an aggressive wagon led on him by another player (Ryker), and that Link gif played a large part in it. J was half-aggravated and half-amused by this behaviour. My use of it here was as a commentary on J's light-hearted strike-out, and the second was to his similar light-hearted attitude to hammering, which was an attitude that reminded me of Ryker's play in general.

Okay, so it's all just an inside joke from Pulp Fiction Mafia? Alright then, I'll leave the gif posting alone. It doesn't bother me near as much as your attitude before the lynch.

You know that post where I posted the word 'investigation' ~10 times? That post means something and you should look into it.

I remember the post's existence, but I don't remember its substance or location. Where is this post?

I believe I've covered this in a recent post to Circus.

Could you refer to this as well? You promised a full case, I'm just wondering what happened to that, because I'm interested to see it.

Of the 9 posts you quoted here, 7 are important (questions), 1 is semi-relevant (a comment on people filling in content [which happened again with the OS mod votes]), and 1 is fluff (the joke at Circus). In the fluff post itself, you missed a quote of me telling Circus to resume his discussion on dabuz from the previous Day.

Sorry, replace "fluffy" with "useless". My point still stands. The questions you did ask seem really hollow in that flurry of one-liners. Perhaps you could share the information you got from the answers to those questions, to show us how they are "important", as you labelled them.
[/collapse]
Comments are in yellow.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Votecount 2.9 [7/13] Deadline 23rd October @ 1PM GMT!

th3kuzinator replaces Overswarm!

Raziek [1] - John2k4
th3kuzinator [3] - MOD, MOD, MOD
Solid [1] - kuz
Panta [0]
Red Ryu [0]
dabuz [0]
Nabe [0]
Circus [0]
Werekill [0]
John2k4 [5] - Solid, J, Inferno, RR, Nabe
Kantrip [0]
J [1] - dabuz
Inferno3044 [0]

Not Voting [5] - Werekill, Circus, Panta, Kantrip, Raziek

Previous votecount was also amended

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
dont ask me why the **** i put myself through 50 pages of catchup when im college.

probably because X1 is in a rut and needs it.

ALSO IM ****ING FINALLY TOWN THIS GAME SUCK MY **** SCUM STREAK

John2k4

The End of an Era
@Mod - the votecount on me is wrong too. There's five names, but it says I have four votes.

:phone:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
dont ask me why the **** i put myself through 50 pages of catchup when im college.

probably because X1 is in a rut and needs it.

ALSO IM ****ING FINALLY TOWN THIS GAME SUCK MY **** SCUM STREAK
Time for me to think that you're scum all game and still push you when someone like Seikend is obviously scum. :awesome:

But really, I'm glad to see ya, Kuz. Thoughts on the current John wagon?

Also, while you're reading, I want to know what you think about T-Block being scum. I REALLY think it's a possibility.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
First things first.

Unvote; Until I read like at all.

Is John a double voter?
Quick recap on claims for Kuz.

Circus claimed Mayor Dotour. He can take a census of the alive players by race (human, deku, goron, zora, unclassified). He has stated that there are currently 5 humans and 3 unclassified alive.

Solid claimed Kaffei. He's a separated mason with Anju and if they find each other at night they can talk outside the game. Kaffei and Anju are also lovers.

John claimed a sea turtle, even night commuter. Pretty self explanatory.

Also T-Block was abducted.

#HBC | Nabe

Don't respond with in-quote comments in the future. It's hard to respond to because you have to manually copy and paste to get quotes.
[collapse=Kantrip 2]
I said the closest to bussing that Xastrn got. You trying to switch the wagon was the most help Xastrn received, ergo I said it was the closest thing to bussing.
Bussing means "throwing a player under the bus". It doesn't refer to helping them out of a jam, which you're suggesting was my intent.
Circus being at L-1 may not have been dangerous in the sense that scum may hammer, but a newbie could easily hammer, or there could be someone who skims and puts their vote on without knowing Circus was at L-1. Regardless of what you say, L-1 is never SAFE. Sure, we could lynch the hammerer, but if it was just someone who skimmed or something, then congrats, that's 2 mislynches in a row. That doesn't sound "safe" to me.
No one is going to lynch a player solely on the technicality that they've lynched another player prematurely. As I said to OS, if someone hammered preemptively, that's on their shoulders, but if they seem likely to be innocent on their own merits, they aren't going to be lynched. If they were influenced into thinking hammering early was a good idea, we can then look at who influenced them. But if they voted wrongly and knew it was the wrong time, then yes, it's more cut and dry as evidence.

Your arguments are exactly the same as OS' arguments. OS mentioned the examples of Panta and himself specifically, to which I responded that Panta is known to be town, and OS suggesting he would mis-hammer is BS.

What I didn't like is that you questioned my unvoting, saying that I didn't need to unvote because L-1 is safe.
Of course not, nobody likes their reasoning being called into question. But was I right or wrong? At some point we have to argue about relative safety, and at that point I could as easily claim that you're concerned with Circus' survival, but that's in a non-neutral context.

You argue that L-1 isn't safe; I counter that L-X isn't safe. What if 2 people were new or skimmed or scum, and voted? This follows for 3, 4, etc. A player can always be lynched prematurely -- what matters is that the system allows for better than blindly lynching those players following that. L-X is unsafe, so instead of arguing numbers and playing Safe and Safer, I argue that players should hold themselves accountable for their play within reasonable and credible factors.

Even if you didn't want to start an OS wagon, asking who would lynch him is still shifting the attention. Where was the attention? On Xastrn. Who was scum? Xastrn? One plus one is two, and you were switching the attention off of scum onto someone else. It doesn't matter if you were suggesting the lynch or not.
This cuts attention from other events at the time, yes, in the same way that any post not dealing with the lynch takes away attention from the lynch. That's the nature of posting. It's the job of the playerbase to differentiate between posts, by way of the intents they carry. It's absolutely incorrect to say that "it doesn't matter".

As I've stated, I wanted more out of the Day, so it follows that I'd want to ask questions of players about other players. Meanwhile, my vote remained on Xastrn. You're not following intent, or rather, you're not allowing for the possibility that town intent exists. In the case X + Y = Z, it doesn't necessarily follow that X = Y = Z/2 = 1.
That short conversation about it didn't really make me feel any better about what you did. Especially with you thinking deadline was a day earlier than it was. I'm not saying this is what you did, but you could have known that we had time until deadline, and tried to act like you thought it was earlier as a last-ditch effort to safe Xastrn without leaving too big of a bus trail behind you. Me no gusta.
You're absolutely right, from a neutral perspective (viewing the post as an island) it can look like this. But from the perspective where I was third vote on the wagon (and ended as second) and actively brought Circus to the wagon, which is the perspective you should be judging from, I question how you could judge my play and arrive at that conclusion. Why didn't I distract from the Xastrn wagon before it was too late? Why did I build momentum on it instead?
All I know is that you didn't want Xastrn to be hammered. This, coupled with how you suggested switching the wagon earlier, they make quite a nasty combo, I must say. Sure, you could say you wanted to use as much of the day as possible, but you could just as easily be scum trying to look townie by saying "use as much of the day as possible", while simultaneously attempting to save Xastrn. It all comes down to who's reading it and what they think of the intent. Personally, I see "we may have to switch the wagon. Don't hammer Xastrn. Guys would you lynch Overswarm? Oh whoops deadline is later. Oh whoops Someone hammered. Yayayayay!"
That's unfortunate. As above, I can't understand how you arrived at this perspective.

I remember the post's existence, but I don't remember its substance or location. Where is this post?
Could you refer to this as well? You promised a full case, I'm just wondering what happened to that, because I'm interested to see it.
Sorry, replace "fluffy" with "useless". My point still stands. The questions you did ask seem really hollow in that flurry of one-liners. Perhaps you could share the information you got from the answers to those questions, to show us how they are "important", as you labelled them.
Okay, I thought this was self-explanatory. So aside from the two posts you listed that I already explicitly justified, there are 7 important posts, including 5 questions and a clarification of a question. The clarification stands if the question does.

Of the remaining 6, 4 are questions that force players to take a stance (including 3 questions about my bit on Raz, i.e. what I've already said was for reads so it follows that I would ask questions of players about their reads).

One is a question of WK's suspicion of you, asking him to elaborate on his train of thought... which would've helped me understand his train of thought and therefore his intent in posting what I thought was a poor case. (He didn't get to answer this, since you defended before his response making it unnecessary.)

The remaining post is me reminding people not to discuss Raz' claim until he was here in-thread... because people were talking about the claim which made the reminder necessary.
[/collapse]

#HBC | Nabe

John, is that all you have to say, though?
I'm also waiting on Solid's D2 catchup, since he's v/la until sometime today.
Quick recap on claims for Kuz.

Circus claimed Mayor Dotour. He can take a census of the alive players by race (human, deku, goron, zora, unclassified). He has stated that there are currently 5 humans and 3 unclassified alive.

Solid claimed Kaffei. He's a separated mason with Anju and if they find each other at night they can talk outside the game. Kaffei and Anju are also lovers.

John claimed a sea turtle, even night commuter. Pretty self explanatory.

Also T-Block was abducted.
Also, OS claimed race cop.
Also, I claimed cop.

Why did you leave those two out?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
John, is that all you have to say, though?
I'm also waiting on Solid's D2 catchup, since he's v/la until sometime today.

Also, OS claimed race cop.
Also, I claimed cop.

Why did you leave those two out?
I only listed the ones that gave names with their roles. You claimed to have an investigative role, not cop in particular. Actually thanks for reminding me that OS said his claim was fake and that he was a VT. I guess I should also add that Raziek claimed that he is a Deku.

Top Bottom