• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majoras Mask Mafia! DGames' Longest Game Ends - Who Won?!?!?!?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I paraphrased that the best I could without quoting the entire thing, and it does say that I am visiting on holiday. Perhaps this means my "home" is from outside the physical Clock Town region, but I am visiting the town/town area. Similar to the other Gorons in Snowhead that Nabe put up there.
Then again, see how this isn't a defense of anything, but simply looks like townJohn trying to work with what he's got? **** like this gives me pause on this lynch.

#HBC | Nabe

Also, in my #995, replace most mentions of Raziek buddying J with Raziek sheeping J. I didn't know the term before, so I just said buddying.

Looking back, I noticed: After I made that post, Raziek started giving a bit on his own (and J started asking for it). During this phase, Raziek made his own points for a time (though they never seemed like complete thoughts, some were a bit reachy). After a bit, he stopped again and went back to sheeping/coasting.

Fast forward to his play now, and he's making hollow gambits for the sake of "making a dual gambit". All this does is confuse town further. He says he got an idea of how the gambit could be useful AFTER he did it. This is scummy. I don't care what you were thinking before you went to the dentist, why would you throw out a hollow fake-claim gambit without reasoning? Oh right, you wanted to get a town clear. Oh wait, but you didn't want a CC, you just wanted a clear. Oh but wait, you ACTUALLY thought of this after.

FoS: Raziek

Personally, I think we should get rid of Raziek after John. If people think John is noobtown, we can let him live, though I'd prefer to clean off inactive scumminess.
This is nice, but I really hope this isn't the first time you've had doubts on Raziek.

And fyi I'll get to your case toMorrow, yeah? Past noon EST sometime.

#HBC | Nabe

The reason I say you two would look more likely on a town flip is just generally what I read from your reaction towards this wagon. You both voiced your willingness to place your votes (though didn't because that would've put him at L-1 and hammered, respectively). This fact alone makes me believe neither of you are likely scum with John. That's why I said you'd be more likely on a townflip.

Did I clarify that one, Nabe?
Pretty sure this last bit is the only bit I wanted. I could've sworn you expressed earlier that you thought I'd be more likely as a scumbud with John. Am I wrong in thinking that?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Just letting ya'll know that I will not be here tomorrow. Gonna be too busy for mafia tomorrow with a performance and just yeah that's the jist. :p

Nabe, I love you and your flavour knowledge. It is just so in-depth. o.o Do you think one type of race would hold more scum-characters? Like Jim was human so would it be more likely that some of the roles would be more based on eviler characters? I wanna hear more about this flavour stuffs because it's piqued my interest.

#HBC | Nabe

Kantrip, please also remember to tackle 1797.

J, I'm glad you're here. Please refrain from commenting on Werekill as I'm currently waiting on a response from him.

I haven't put any thought into what characters are likely to be scum.

Note the obvious parallels between Red Bomber being mafia in Hilt's MM game, and the same character (Jim) being mafia in this game. That's an intentional setup move by X1, and it's likely a throw-off. It's unlikely that the scumteam is absolutely the same, and I expect that role to be the only scum Bomber. I also expect that role to be low-rung on the scumteam. Scumteam probably doesn't have much relating their characters, and they could all be separate races as well -- we shouldn't assume human given the spread.

Also, I think it's very unlikely that Them is the abductor in this game again, as I think that would be a bit much. Abductor might be Sakon since he's the obvious choice after that, with his big bag hung over a shoulder and his creepy child-stealing smile. Tingle is another choice; I like Tingle as a character, but a lot of people think he's creepy. He could swoop down with his balloon and snatch people.

I would encourage people not to speculate on the setup a whole lot. There's a time and place for it, and this was really just an interlude. In lategame a race claim would be great. (Expect to see 5-2-2-2-3 with an outlier.)

@Circus, does your census result include yourself? Does it include dead players, i.e. does it take the original setup in mind? Does your PM suggest that anyone in any way that a player might look like one race but be another race?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Are you just overwhelmed by what's going on or something?
To an extent, yes.

Do you have anything to say about reads on other players or anything about the game? Right now you're just observing your own lynch.
I'll go read through many pages to satisfy this. I don't feel comfortable with Raziek, and need to go examine his posts.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I already established Pantatown to a T, didn't I? What did you think of Pantatown when I voiced my reasoning?
I don't remember this. It probably didn't stand out to me too much. I also said earlier in D1 that I believe Panta to be town. I just felt like mentioning it when a post by Xastrn in the early game caught my eye. If you already established Pantatown, I probably agree with what you said. Could you refer me to the post?

This is nice, but I really hope this isn't the first time you've had doubts on Raziek.

And fyi I'll get to your case toMorrow, yeah? Past noon EST sometime.
Did you look at the post from D1 I gave? I was actually the FIRST person to vocalize suspicion on Raziek. He was one of my three scumpicks after my first (proper) read-through. I had doubts on Raziek from the start. I was keeping it on the back-burner because he wasn't a priority for me. Xastrn looked more scummy, and Raziek was and is contributing more than John.

Pretty sure this last bit is the only bit I wanted. I could've sworn you expressed earlier that you thought I'd be more likely as a scumbud with John. Am I wrong in thinking that?
I don't remember saying this, but I may have. If you happen across the post, feel free to show me. I do feel you'd be more likely than Raziek as scum if John is also scum, but Raziek is MUCH more scummy if John is town.

Part of me is doubting my Johnscum read right now. Sure, his claim is seeing a lot of scrutiny. Why, though? I'd like to look at the reactions to John's claim again, because it seems like there's some opportunism there. The other part of me wants to go through with the lynch and rid ourselves of John as he does still appear to be scummy, and it would get rid of a detrimental variable for late-game, as I have said before.

Kantrip, please also remember to tackle 1797.
Will do right now.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Inferno, you said you were going to read me more in your #1705. Could we get your thoughts? If you found anything else while you re-read, feel free to share that too.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I can't shake the feeling that I'm wrong about John. He's useless and sort of scummy, but I can't definitively say "he's scum.", because I could so easily be wrong. I want him to die, but if we have someone scummier to lynch, I'll support that
Asking for a wagon to be formed for you to jump onto?

Oh right, and I forgot to ask.

Nabe, should I care about Panta?
I don't see why you'd even ask this...everyone is worth looking at. Even someone written off as town early on could use that "power", so to speak, to twist the opinions and votes of others.

Ok, Dabuz's case was actually quite well thought out. Major Town points there. .
Trying to acquire a Dabuz Buddy?

Besides, I can always buy us more time.
Why would you want to buy more time? You make that sound like you can have a few people (scumbuddies) hold off until you give the signal, so that the lynch does not go through until you have finished "playing with your catch".

Alright, just seemed weird that you singled me out. ._.
Paranoia? People get singled out a lot, but don't usually post and complain about it.

Unvote you clown. It's way too early to hit twilight, I still have a lot of catching up to do. We gain nothing by ending this day earlier than need be, and I'll string you up if you cause an early hammer.

:l

You already unvoted as I wrote this, but there's literally no damn reason to hammer before Town is finished discussion, especially with a few days till deadline.
Snapping at Werekill over his vote. To me this seems like a "don't vote until I say so" kind of post, directed towards a scumbuddy.

Werekill - Pro-town intent, but needs to stop being so foolishly aggro. Reads more as a Townie mistake than as scum intent for a lynch.
Are you trying to pass off his actions as mistakes here? Subtle way of telling him that as scum, he needs to watch himself to avoid giving something away.

I didn't WANT to out a commuter, no, but I was looking to clear a Townie with a possible counterclaim on character.
Sure, you might clear them as town with this, but in doing so you have pretty much given scum key information about whoever CCed you. They would know what night to attack them.

-

Raziek - seems to be trying to coach his scumbuddies into holding off on a vote so that they can squeeze as much extra info out of D2 as possible. FoS: Werekill, since I do not like how much Raziek has over you when he so chooses.

Vote: Raziek

Kantrip

Kantplay
Is that all your reasoning, Inferno?

I don't think you've read my intent properly. I said I want to look at Raziek and Nabe, yes. AFTER John's flip. We're lynching John toDay.

Kantrip

Kantplay
John, you realize if Raziek was scum coaching his scumbuddies you wouldn't know it right? Well, unless you're scum with it and he coached you to make that case....

That's neither here nor there, though. I appreciate that you made a case on someone.

You think Raziek/Werekill is a scumteam, or are you just suspicious of them separately?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Inferno asking SOLID is quite interesting to note, since he didn't offer his own opinion first.

This contrasts with a more aggressive post by Circus later on.

Inferno/Solid connection is interesting. If John's Town, I'd push one of these two.

Circus gets a bit more aggressive about it, which helps cement my Town read on him.

Circus, your results now perhaps?

Not really sure. We barely interacted, and he dodged my questions initially and I had to drill him just to get a simple readlist, and he gave me entirely Town reads. :/

If I had to guess I'd say he's wary of me.

Off to class, back in two hours.
Raziek, what happened to bolded?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

What do you mean Circus?
What you just said to Nabe. Just, yuck. The grossest kind of buddying ever. Like, it makes me gag.

@Circus, does your census result include yourself? Does it include dead players, i.e. does it take the original setup in mind? Does your PM suggest that anyone in any way that a player might look like one race but be another race?
Yes, my census result includes myself. No, it does not count lynched players, but it would count players killed the Night that I take the census, because my census occurs before any kills. So, when I took the Human census, I counted in it and Xastrn did not. I believe T-block should also count in the censuses even though he's MIA, but it occurs to me that I have not asked X1 about it. I'll shoot him a PM about that.

I'm unfamiliar with the first Majora's Mask Mafia set-up. What I know of it is what has been posted in this thread so far. There's nothing in my role PM that specifically suggests to me that someone might look like a race that they are not (I assume you're asking due to the idea of masks?)

John, you realize if Raziek was scum coaching his scumbuddies you wouldn't know it right? Well, unless you're scum with it and he coached you to make that case....
This is exactly how I read his post. Raziek needs to be looked at on D3, regardless of how John flips. And John should die toDay.

Why would you want to buy more time? You make that sound like you can have a few people (scumbuddies) hold off until you give the signal, so that the lynch does not go through until you have finished "playing with your catch".
What a completely ridiculous thing to say.

Snapping at Werekill over his vote. To me this seems like a "don't vote until I say so" kind of post, directed towards a scumbuddy.

Are you trying to pass off his actions as mistakes here? Subtle way of telling him that as scum, he needs to watch himself to avoid giving something away.
Are you aware that scum can communicate privately with each other?

Raziek - seems to be trying to coach his scumbuddies into holding off on a vote so that they can squeeze as much extra info out of D2 as possible. FoS: Werekill, since I do not like how much Raziek has over you when he so chooses.
Seriously, why do you think scum would want this? TOWN benefits from longer Days. NOT scum. Scum benefits from town having LESS time to talk and gather information.

God help X1 if you're town and he actually gave you such a dumb role. Giving you a role this shady would be like giving Tom Mafia Double-voting Godfather. Only the opposite.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Cool, Circus came to the same conclusion I did.

You're cooler than J because you're talking. Interpret that as... not serious. :p

what's John at right now?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm just cooler than J in general (just kidding, Dracula :p).

If you're talking about votes, I think John is at L-2 with Red Ryu's vote.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, that's what I meant.

If we go through with this lynch, I want to be the hammer since I let J do it yesterDay.

X1-12

Smash Champion
7.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images, videos or links in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
Will have to leave the votecount till I get back from uni

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Got dat PM. If T-Block is Human or Unclassified, then he counted in my censuses from last Night. But he won't count in any future Nights' censuses unless we get him back from the Abductor.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Excellent, that means we can deduce T-Block's race using simple subtraction when you get all your censuses done.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think you're safe. Scum would be dumb to waste their NK as if they try to use it on a claimed PR they have like 50% chance of it being protected.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Circus said:
What you just said to Nabe. Just, yuck. The grossest kind of buddying ever. Like, it makes me gag.
That's not buddying though lol? I always have called Nabe the flavour King and did you really just call me out on buddying Nabe? I'm sorry but haven't I buddied other people this game, even in a more pronounced way?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Votecount 2.8 [7/13] Deadline 23rd October!

Raziek [2] - John2k4
Overswarm [3] - MOD, MOD, MOD
Solid [1] - OS
Panta [0]
Red Ryu [0]
dabuz [0]
Nabe [0]
Circus [0]
Werekill [0]
John2k4 [4] - Solid, J, Inferno, RR, Nabe
Kantrip [0]
J [1] - dabuz
Inferno3044 [0]

Not Voting [5] - Werekill, Raziek, Circus, Panta, Kantrip

John2k4

The End of an Era
Apparently I forgot to Unvote back there, so my Raziek vote didn't get counted... :/

Unvote; Vote: Raziek

John2k4

The End of an Era
Can the Abductor take more than one person at a time, or will we get T-Block back toMorrow and he will run off with a new person Tonight...?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Asking for a wagon to be formed for you to jump onto?
Almost everyone on your wagon has expressed feelings that you might be noobtown. Reaching.

I don't see why you'd even ask this...everyone is worth looking at. Even someone written off as town early on could use that "power", so to speak, to twist the opinions and votes of others.
This is meaningless. I was seeking to bounce ideas off Nabe because I don't have a concrete read on Panta.
Trying to acquire a Dabuz Buddy?
No. Was evaluating Dabuz via discussion with Nabe. Agreed with Dabuz's case, resulted in Town read. If I wanted to buddy Dabuz, I'd wouldn't be telling him to get his head out of his ***.
Not only is this reaching, as Circus pointed out, but it's also pro-Town to maximize the time we have available.
Paranoia? People get singled out a lot, but don't usually post and complain about it.
This was addressed within a few posts. It was a misunderstanding due to me skimming the post and not seeing that it was also addressed to Nabe.

Sure, you might clear them as town with this, but in doing so you have pretty much given scum key information about whoever CCed you. They would know what night to attack them.
Not necessarily true. Any smart Town player doesn't claim their abilities to the finest detail if they can get away without doing so. If you claim all your restrictions, you're leaving yourself easily roleblockable/vulnerable.

Case in point that Nabe can relate to: When Nich claimed both his Census and his Coroner abilities in FE:poR mafia. If he had only claimed one he wouldn't have gotten role-blocked and could still have been useful. Instead, Town's strongest PR was a null-factor.

Vote: Raziek

This feels like grasping at anything just for the sake of survival. You're the play.
Raziek, what happened to bolded?
Nothing much? Solid's almost certainly Town, so I'm keeping my eye on Inferno regardless.
Will have to leave the votecount till I get back from uni
Called it on the role PM. -Points for Red Ryu for baiting possible modkill.
Can the Abductor take more than one person at a time, or will we get T-Block back toMorrow and he will run off with a new person Tonight...?
Abductor as I've seen it, the victims stay missing until the abductor dies. So no, T-Block likely won't come back.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Since you didn't tell me where the post was, I had to look for it myself, J. Thanks. :mad:

Less and less because of the attitude you reacted towards Xastrn's wagon.

The reason why I am bringing up your attitude is like you are acting like you know that he won't have a believable claim to save his butt nor do you even try and give him the benefit of the doubt..
Ok then, here's my question. If a player has been acting EXTREMELY scummy all day and claims something like, say, VT, would you find a reason to not lynch him? Barring a claim like cop or enabler of some sort (like in Ragnarok), there is no real reason to believe most claims.

John is a great example of this: his claim is pretty bad, and his scummy behavior makes him seem worse. Do you find a reason to believe his claim just because he claimed some form of PR? You're smarter than this.

Plus, I kept on asking you to give me answers to how Xastrn had more connections then Circus but you never showed through as far as I recalled. I asked you this twice and so did Kanty
That can be explained with sheer laziness, being busy with other things, and not wanting to reveal who I thought was confirmed town by the flip. If enough people think a person is confirmed town after a flip, wouldn't scum hit that person during the Night?

Of course, the first two reasons are bigger than the last two.

When started up an argument with Kantrip that I didn't like and agreed with more of Kantrip's posts than yours was another reason. I also don't like that you are continuing to push Kanty but nothing yet to back it up (Hypocrite thy name is me till this post) However, you have been dropping suspicion of Kanty since yesterDay so I thought you'd have more prepared, that just may be a false premise on my behalf.
And I've mostly dropped Kanty because most of his posts can honestly be explained by bad play/newness. I've already said this, I believe.

And oh no, I was pressuring him by pushing him on a few points that didn't have much weight behind them? Lynch me now; that's scummy as all hell. [/sarcasm]

One final thing is stuff like this that leaves a bad taste with me.

*blah blah my annoyed at Xasty stuff*

I say that I don't like what you had been doing with this because it seems fake and then you just go "Oh well I was just annoyed." and then you do it again to making an out of game shout-out to Xastrn saying you weren't expecting it.

It's kind of like the reverse of why some people don't like Raz' comment about Xastrn. He said he was proud of his hitting Xastrn on the head for being scum while yours is more you proclaiming your disappointment for Xastrn actually lying.[/QUOTE]

So it seemed fake that I was aggravated that Xasty said that he was town? Considering the fact that he did in fact flip scum, I have a question for you. What does being fake, if it was (and it wasn't) indeed fake, reveal about me? There isn't much information you can glean from that situation other than "it sounded fake," and there's no real reason to push it.

And I can't make shout outs to people outside the game? This is either a playstyle difference that you don't like or you reaching for things to use against me.

As for your last paragraph, yes, I was saying that I was disappointed. If he had flipped town I can see why you would push this, but like I said earlier, I see no reason why me "sounding fake" was scummy in that situation.

I'm liking you a bit less now, J, and if we weren't looking so hard at John right now, I would be tempted to REALLY look into your posts.

Why? Elaborate.
Do I really need to repeat what everyone has been saying?

"Sea Turtle" as a name sounds funny, the power itself seems useless now since he didn't just not reveal what days he's invincible when he claimed, a turtle swimming into town isn't that flavorful, bla bla bla. In combination with prior scummy behavior, I see no reason to not lynch him.

Also, I have a question for John, so I'll bold his name and make it bigger since this is the middle of the post.

JOHN! Where did your role pm say that you were commuting to?

Votecount 2.8 [7/13] Deadline 23rd October!

Raziek [1] - Nabe
Overswarm [3] - MOD, MOD, MOD
Solid [2] - OS, John2k4
Panta [0]
Red Ryu [0]
dabuz [0]
Nabe [0]
Circus [0]
Werekill [0]
John2k4 [4] - Solid, J, Inferno, RR,
Kantrip [0]
J [1] - dabuz
Inferno3044 [0]

Not Voting [5] - Werekill, Raziek, Circus, Panta, Kantrip
Although I still find the 3 mod votes to be ridiculously stupid, I'm not going to refer to that here.

What time does the Day end? All we have is a date.

X1-12

Smash Champion
John it was actually a mistake on my part. Votecount in #2070 has been amended

Deadline is 1PM GMT on 23rd October

Top Bottom