• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majoras Mask Mafia! DGames' Longest Game Ends - Who Won?!?!?!?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Raziek, drop it. We've already had this same arguments and I've shown time and time again why your misrepresentation of my play is incorrect.

Heck, in trying to justify why I shouldn't get MVP, Ryker pretty much admitted that this game would have gone in a completly different direction had I not replaced in which shows the effect I had on pulling my own faction. Your attempts to debunk this only further lead to prove my point.

Just drop it.

And amen to that Gorf, lol

:phone:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Like seriously THINK for a moment what happened.

Two of the members of the scumteam (Xastrn and T-Block) were effectively dead before you even replaced in.

Acrostic got ****ed because J thought it would be hilarious to claim poisoner.

At BEST you have claim to lynching Nabe, because I essentially got ****ed by PoE at the end.
It's almost like you completely ignored this post about how 3/5 scum were ****ed without you even having anything to do with it.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I vote for no MVP.

I think that this game was largely played sloppily.

X1, I think the setup was great. Thanks for hosting, and putting up with like 8 replacements. Sorry our scum team screwed up my ability, because I imagine you had good plans for how it could work.

The only bad thing was that Link probably had almost no chance at winning.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
That's how it turned out, only because of the unfortunate series of events for the mafia which in turn screwed up us indies a bit. But it could've gone the other way, and what happened is one of the more extreme possible cases.

Indies are always a bit swingy, that's the point of them. A setup is balanced ideally before the insertion of an indy, and while you might edit a bit here or there to make them semi-fit, the whole purpose is for them to be an outside influence on other factions. Games can be balanced around indies (FBI agent + SK = balance amirite?) but in the grand scheme of things, that sort of balancing should be left for open or semi-open setups where the intrigue isn't which role is which, but who is which role.

T-block

B2B TST
Tensions so high o.o

Funny story - I made a pretty blatant scumslip, but nobody seemed to notice it:

Why is Raziek town, kuz? You cleared him only on flavour, and I know you're better than that.

I wasn't saying at all that it was scummy to engage in setup speculation. I was saying that you did speculate, yet failed to mention the possibility of miller/godfather. I don't think townkuz would neglect something like that after seeing a sane cop flip.

Again, sane cop is not balanced without miller/godfather. Saying that the two kills + indy abductor balances sane cop is completely garbage. The abductor is much more anti-mafia than it is anti-town. Town has ONE role that actively targets, while mafia has the NK, the poison, the hobo thing, and whatever else you can do. The poison is likely restricted in that it requires species knowledge. Sane cop is not balanced at all by the scum roles as you're suggesting.

OS wouldn't be so transparent about that... -_- Really?

Somebody please tell me why we're ignoring the fact that Solid died of poison after being pushed to race claim?
...referring to Werekill, implying my motivation is not a town role lol

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
@Werekill:

There's definite improvement and I like that I was able to read you as town most of the game (though your assurance that Nabe was town threw me for a loop). You just need to learn to play the game in a more level-headed manner. Kind of the opposite of what I just told RR. You often jump the gun and your accusations seem brash (and therefore off base). Try to get less personally involved with your posts and argue your points with a collected, confident tone. If someone accuses you of being scum don't assume they're scum themselves or are bat**** crazy, defeat their points with logic and charisma.

And be careful about latnching onto things too hard. Remember to keep an open mind and address the situation through multiple PoVs while looking at intent over actual content more often than not.

:phone:
Cool, cool, thanks. Yeah, I kinda jumped the gun on several reads (see: Raz and Nabe's analysis), which made it hard for people to agree with me. I was right both times, but the way I presented it was bad, correct?

And yeah, I get too involved, but that's how I roll, haha. I do agree, though, that it's a bad habit that needs to stop.

I never really latched onto anything WRONG this game, but all I have to do is look at that Newbie game and you to see how bad latching can be, lol.

Anyway, Vote: No Mvp. Although Kuz led several lynches, this game felt more like a group effort from Town, ya know? Just because Kuz is naturally good at this point in his career doesn't mean that he should get Mvp for being Kuz as always, and like I said before, this game had good stuff from Town overall.

Sorry Kuz, but that's just my opinion.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
The argument: Player X always plays good so his outstanding play this game shouldn't deserve an MVP performance is the most flawed argument in the history of dGames and everyone at some point tries to make it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't really think there should be an MVP in this game from what I've read. Xastrn was already dead on D1 and it wasn't really anyone's fault there except for scum; scum killed scum on D1, and from that point it was a downward spiral for the scum group. Everyone else worked pretty well together on it; being more noticeable doesn't necessarily mean MVP imo.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
The argument: Player X always plays good so his outstanding play this game shouldn't deserve an MVP performance is the most flawed argument in the history of dGames and everyone at some point tries to make it.
You played well, but you didn't play outstanding. No offence, but you weren't perfect.

Besides, I suspect that people mostly listened to you because of your dominating personality. You kinda just took the reins, which isn't that bad a thing, but since it's how you normally play, it wasn't outstanding and mvp worthy. It was you being you.

However, my main reason is that it was a group effort from town that won, not any individual players, and I'm sticking to it.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I don't care about this enough to show why you're wrong anymore. I'll just leave it up to X1 to decide.

And JoaT isn't a survivor.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Werekill, you're confusing the Survivor role with the literal definition of a Survivor.

A Survivor's goal is simply to survive. They win WITH other factions, and are completely independent of whether it's Town or Scum who wins.

My goal was "to survive", but as a means of being the last man standing, which is the typical serial killer wincon. If I was Survivor as the role is defined, I would have won with the Town when we lynched T-Block.

That wasn't my wincon, so I'm not a Survivor.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Aaaah, ok. I just thought that a survivor won as the last man standing?

X1, sorry about my confusion. In your pm, you compared Raz's role to an SK, which didn't make sense since SK's have a kill and Raz didn't. Now I understand, though.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm an SK with no kill, effectively. Also known as, "WtfisthisIjusthavetosithereanddiewhenthegamedoesn'tendbutatleastigetagoodfakeclaim.jpg"

Top Bottom