• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majoras Mask Mafia! DGames' Longest Game Ends - Who Won?!?!?!?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Alright.

John2k4. Hope that got your attention. Why do you always take so long to answer the simplest of questions (except fluffy ones)? You know you don't need to check in your quicktopic every time you want to post something game related. You seem all too willing to jump on this wagon, which I don't like.

So the question is: I want an explanation as to why you voted. Next, tell us what a lynch on Solid would give you in the way of reads on other players. What did you have in mind when you said " the lynch could say a lot"?

Next, if you're not scum: Who is? I want you to tell me who your top scumpick is.

First off. 13 minutes between the first question of yours, and this post. That's a long time? o.o

Second, yes, I am somewhat quick to jump on this wagon. I will agree with you there. Reason for that: from the time I checked last night to when I checked after school today, there were another few pages, and the Solid wagon was a-rollin'. I had not felt good about Solid D1 when he & Circus both were tunneling on me, and to be honest, I was glad to finally see his wagon rolling so I could vote on him.
-
A lynch on Solid could reveal many things, Kan. We could catch scum, an abductor/Vig, or town. If scum, kudos to us, we eliminated a second one. Could also get info from that of who was hesitant/almost too eager to lynch him. If it's the abductor, we get T-Block back. He could have some good information for us. If it's town, we can get some information on those who were seriously pressuring him D2.
-
My top scumpick is Solid.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Just a thought that hit my brain, does Solid possibly have one of the "Travelling" roles, where he is not here during D2? That might explain his "inactivity"...

Inferno3044

Smash Master
First off. 13 minutes between the first question of yours, and this post. That's a long time? o.o

Second, yes, I am somewhat quick to jump on this wagon. I will agree with you there. Reason for that: from the time I checked last night to when I checked after school today, there were another few pages, and the Solid wagon was a-rollin'. I had not felt good about Solid D1 when he & Circus both were tunneling on me, and to be honest, I was glad to finally see his wagon rolling so I could vote on him.
-
A lynch on Solid could reveal many things, Kan. We could catch scum, an abductor/Vig, or town. If scum, kudos to us, we eliminated a second one. Could also get info from that of who was hesitant/almost too eager to lynch him. If it's the abductor, we get T-Block back. He could have some good information for us. If it's town, we can get some information on those who were seriously pressuring him D2.
-
My top scumpick is Solid.

This post reeks. Especially saying that we can catch specifically the vig.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I re-read back a bit. I don't like Nabe.

Why would you unvote? L-1 isn't a dangerous position, which is where you thought Circus was at the time.

Circus: Do you legitimately think I'm pushing an OS lynch at this juncture? What I want is your answer to the question, not "I only have eyes for Xasty".

Kantrip, you also didn't answer.
This is about the closest to bussing xastrn got. It was in the form of Nabe telling me that Circus being at L-1 isn't dangerous and then opening a back-door for himself when questioned about proposing an OS lynch.

Three of the Xastrn voters have posted this morning, and none of the Circus voters. That means we might need to switch to get a lynch today.

Either of you two, how do you feel regarding that?
He attempts to convince everyone that we should switch the wagon from Xastrn to Circus because people from the Xasty wagon were posting. Bleck.

I am Jim, town Hobo.
I am a human visitor to clock town.
I have an ability called Street Smarts. I get to "hang around: " a player to get information on them. It sounds from what x1 sent me that he can basically send me whatever the hell he wants to about the person, and it's my job to interpret it and decide if it's useful.

I might receive race, ability, name, or worthless flavor.

@Werekill, if circus get's lynched and flips scum, who would you recommend I "hang around" tonight?

random thought unrelated to this, but if we are looking at a no lynch, I propose we just lynch OS and me and circus can duke it out tomorrow. OS has been dead weight and either needs to play or die. If we did that, I volunteer to pick up his spreadsheet idea, and recreate the data from the beginning of the game, so we don't lose what he started.

@mod: If I did so, would I be allowed to post it publicly someplace, so someone else could take it and keep it going in case I die at any point?
Here is Xasty's claim, for reference.

That makes no sense, flavorwise, and I see no reason to believe it. I refuse to think that a Majora's Mask themed game will have a character who has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the games. :/

If you had said "beggar bank girl" or something like that that's actually in the game, I would give you more credit. But no, I just don't believe it, and I hope that no one else does either.
Werekill was the first one to point out the flaw in the flavour. I don't see him doing this as Xastrn's scummate.

Good man, mod.

@Kantrip: Your vote wasn't bolded. You'd be the hammer, so don't vote yet.
Again, Nabe gives out a strong feeling of NOT wanting to lynch Xastrn. He tells me not to hammer and is glad that my vote wasn't bolded. I actually forgot I did this, but it got quite the reaction out of Nabe when I "fake hammered" using improper format.

But then when J DOES hammer, these gifs show up. Wreaks of fake-ness.

We'll talk about this toMorrow.

For the record, if I die toNight mid-investigation, Raziek is the one scum read I'm super-serious about. He's scum. I am entrusting you with this personally.

Why didn't you comment on me calling myself Batman earlier?
For the record, I really don't like how much Nabe has been pushing for his role being an investigative. I know questioning you being alive will only open up a can of WIFOM, so I won't go there.

Did we ever get reasoning for Raziek scum? I forget. Could you go over it again, if you already provided a case? Also tell us if your read has changed or become more cemented at all since.

That's fair. But I don't agree that your wording implies that.

There's an implicit truth statement here: Majora's Mask games always have a jan or abductor. This is a weird statement in and of itself, because there's only been one Majora's Mask game so far. But what seems to be more relevant is the inclusion of the janitor in your statement -- while it could be your own comment on not knowing what role caused the ??? flip, why would you consciously or unconsciously include the janitor in this truth statement?

Xastrn flipped Jim, i.e. the Red-hat Bomber in Majora's Mask. In Hilt's game, the Red Bomber was a Roleblocker -- here he flipped Goon, while the Blue Bomber was a Goon in Hilt's game. I suggest at present that you are a member of the mafia, with knowledge of a janitor, and I suggest that this is made more likely by the comparison and contrast of the Red Bomber's role here and in Hilt's game. (Here, the Red Bomber is the low-rung mafia member rather than the high-rung.)

Vote: Raziek

Case is to follow -- naturally this isn't based on a potential scumslip alone.

Overswarm, comment on the above.
Did we ever get that Raziek case? I may be forgetting about it. The role speculation is completely pointless to me, and that portion of the post is a waste of time and should be viewed as fluff.

Speaking of fluff, Nabe had a lot of it when D2 was young:

[COLLAPSE="Nabe fluff"]
Yes, that's good, everyone make the same post.
Let's move on, since there's no sense in discussing his motive in claiming without him being here.

Panta, talk to me about what I've said about Raziek.
Could you quote the post and walk me through your train of thought?
I am terminally funny.

:cool:
@Werekill as well, what's your read on dabuz?
@Kantrip, hey there. I'd like to hear what you think about what I said about Raziek.
Werekill, don't bother responding to my post about Kantrip now, since he seems to have covered the most of it.

Kantrip and Inferno, if you could comment on what I've said about Raziek, thanks.
Er, Werekill, what I mean is 1391. Please do respond to 1392 and 1394.
You must have missed where I said we're not discussing this until Raziek is in-thread.
Either completely useless posts in here, or just Nabe asking everyone the same question. A little bit of asking for clarification mixed in. Generally fake contributing here.

[/COLLAPSE]

@Solid, thoughts on Nabe VS Raziek. Also, a read on both of them please. Anyone else can feel free to answer this.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also John, I was more irked that this isn't the first time I (along with others) have asked these things. I appreciate you responding this time, though. Hopefully you can raise your percent of questions answered to above 50%.

Explain to me where you get Solid as your biggest scumpick, please. Also, why are the things we may get on his flip any different than on anyone else's?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Explain to me where you get Solid as your biggest scumpick, please. Also, why are the things we may get on his flip any different than on anyone else's?

Solid is my biggest scumpick right now mainly from the pressuring for more information he was doing to me & Frio D1. My short answer in early D1 seems to have started his dislike towards me in his 281. I'll admit I was not giving him much in the way of info, but he just kept pressing on, trying to pry anything and everything he could out of me. Once someone brought up the theory of "he is pressing the newer ones for everything he can", I tried to be wary of him.
-
As for the flip question - They aren't; he could be anything.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Do you think pushing non-contributors is inherently scummy, then?

Are my recent posts addressing you not similar to what Solid did?

John2k4

The End of an Era
@John, Inferno: Would you vote Nabe with me? Thoughts on my case.
From what I could see in your read, he was...trying to buddy up with the active people who were on the most active wagon, then is hesitant to hammer Xastrn. As for the fluff part, he could be trying to keep a low profile D2 due to thoughts that someone was catching on to his D1 act.

I would have to say that yes, I would feel comfortable voting Nabe with you.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Keep ninja-ing me Kan... :p
Do you think pushing non-contributors is inherently scummy, then?
No. Just him pressing hard on those who were both inactive and newbie.

Are my recent posts addressing you not similar to what Solid did?
To an extent, yes, but Solid seemed to lose his temper very fast. You've been a lot more...patient...with your posts.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
EBWOP: Also just John's general play has been very detrimental. The main reason my vote hasn't been on him earlier is because I had a stronger scum read on OS (which he still hasn't responded to).

@Kantrip - I probably wouldn't vote for Nabe atm. I think that there are better choices to lynch.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@John: Alright. If you have any reads or thoughts/general musings, I'd like to hear them. Thanks for responding to me.

@Inferno: So you would rather lynch John and OS? Who else is above Nabe on your lynch list? Also give reasoning. Additionally, what are your thoughts on what I posted about Nabe?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm very sorry for my inactivity. I'm not going to go to school to more so I have some leniency with homework tonight, so I'll get everyone their reads and questions answered when I get home from school today. I haven't forgotten about that case of yours either, Panta.

John, pulling the noob card doesn't save you from not contributing. I lose my temper when people post repeatedly dodge my questions, and that's exactly what you were doing. I wasn't trying to pry "anything and everything" from you, I was trying to get SOMETHING in the form of information out of you, because you'd been giving me NOTHING. Please show me a post in which I attempt to get "anything and everything" out of you. I really think you're scum. I can't see how even the worst town player would think that asking for contributions of information in a game that revolves around information would be a scummy action.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Votecount 2.5 [7/13] Deadline 23rd October!

Raziek [0]
Overswarm [4] - Inferno, MOD, MOD, MOD
Solid [6] - Panta, Nabe, Circus, RR, OS, John2k4
Panta [0]
Red Ryu [0]
dabuz [0]
Nabe [0]
Circus [0]
Werekill [1] - J
John2k4 [2] - Kantrip, Solid,
Kantrip [0]
J [1] - dabuz
Inferno3044 [0]

Not Voting [2] - Werekill, Raziek

Also I missed earlier but I would like to remind all players of Fundamental rule #8. Should any player break this rule again they will incur punishment
Overswarm breaks rule #8 in post #1667 and is punished with 3 MOD votes, with one MOD vote being removed at the end of each Day Phase

Solid receives a prod for going 48 hours without posting!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Debating on posting my role PM to modkill myself after that; that's just bad modding.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Or I could and not care if it's a bad rule?

Every image is a screenshot. Every screenshot is an image. The images I posted were cropped, showing only information that was in that area.

I'm probably going to replace out if this is the case, I make it a rule not to play bad games and I make no exceptions halfway through. Posting images can be an integral part of mafia, and determining which images are considered screenshots based solely off of the question "were they on a computer screen" rather than context is pretty bad, especially since screenshots were posted before and no warning nor mod vote was given.

Noob mods are not fun mods.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Seriously. I even addressed you in the post.

@mod, I believe my vote is on spellcasters as of post #62.

The below is from post #117 onwards, where RVS ended per my declaration. It does not include post #116.

This data mining will continue for some time. I'm interested in what we learn from it. Ignore it if you will, but at the very least use it to see who is hiding under the radar and who someone is really interested in.

Things I'm looking at:

Who people reference (directly or indirectly)
who people proclaim as scummy or town (directly or indirectly)
Who people vote for

When I say "reference", this includes replying to someone's question or asking them a question, responding to a statement they've made, commenting on that player, etc. It's a very loose concept here and expect these numbers to be inflated, although if someone simply says "OS" three times in one post it'll still only count as one.

When I say "proclaim scummy or town", this is not as loose a concept and this should be taken more seriously.

When I say vote, I mean only voting for someone; not unvoting. You guys can keep track of that yourself.

For those playing the home game, this is more a less three tiers of the same idea. Those you reference you don't necessarily have a strong opinion on, those you proclaim scummy or town you may have an opinion on but not necessarily a case, and those you vote for you should have your strongest read on.

Scum often can blend in because they do the above three out of sequence. They'll vote for someone before they have an actual case, force them to defend themselves, and THEN proclaim them as scummy based off their defense. Scum can often set up bad lynches by planting seeds of distrust as well; constantly calling someone into question on a repeated basis or asking them pointed questions can lower the opinion of that player to the rest of town, ultimately leading in other people pushing a lynch. And, as always, scum can often blend in by simply not pursuing people but rather constantly feeling the waters and referencing many but not taking hard stances and going towards the path of least resistance.

If you see someone who is directly avoiding others, take note. If you see a discrepancy in their voting patterns in comparison to their proclaimed "town or scum" notions of other players, take note. If you see someone consistently referencing another player but not pursuing them aggressively, take note.
If you see everyone else fitting the mold (like referencing RRyu claiming DCop) but someone else completely avoiding it in all their posts, take note. If you notice that someone has only made a passing reference to another player and not done anything else, look into it.

I'll happily let scum attempt to juggle this.

Keep in mind by the way, I'm not interpreting posts. So sarcasm is lost on graphs.

Anyway, here's what we have so far:

Calls Scummy:

Calls town:

Votes:

References (take note of the empty boxes):

References in graph form for you visual people:

Points I'd like addressed, other than people filling in the blank spaces on that excel sheet.

What prompted you to say "Wait, Ryu wasn't bsing about the daycop claim"?

Sounds like it is in your best interests to modify your playstyle and perhaps lead a charge yourself, no?

Well you'll find out on my flip, now wont you?

ANOTHER RICE?!

Tell him I'm sorry about Megaman. :B

Post #236 is John posting how many times people have posted in roman numerals. This is prior to posting his reads, which he has been asked for. Someone daykill him?

Good, you've learned! Being loose with your vote creates a trail that may be true or false, but either way can be openly interpreted. If it makes you feel any better, you were more a victim of circumstance and that was the short straw you created for yourself.

It's the avatar.

Personal notes and guesses:

J and Xastrn isn't S/S

More will occur later. Interpret the above as you will.

vote: Solid
Here's T-block posting a screenshot:

J is trying to steal my Raziek >=(

I think it would have been more effective to show this a bit later, but I love this.

Maybe you're all right, OS.

Your vote count:

Votecount 3 - [8/15] - Deadline 11th October

Raziek [0]
T-Block [0]
Overswarm [0]
Xastrn [0]
Solid [1] - OS
Panta [2] - T-Block, Spellcasters
Red Ryu [1] - Werekill
dabuz [0]
Nabe [0]
Circus [5] - Nabe, J, Raziek, Frio, John2k4
Werekill [1] - RR
John2k4 [3] - Circus, Xastrn, Solid
spellcasters [1] - Panta
J [0]
Frio [1] - MOD

Not Voting [1] - Dabuz

Spellcasters has requested replacement! Contacting Kantrip

Frio edited post #403 and thus receives a MOD vote until Day end! Do not edit posts!

So Frio gets one MOD vote for editing a post, I get three for posting screen shots in one post, T-block gets none for another, and I get none for posting 5 in one post on a previous day?

I know you had to have seen it, as my vote for Solid was in that post and remained there for the rest of the day and was shown on the next votecount.

X1-12

Smash Champion
You edited the post, I thought nothing of it but then realised my error. Both you and T-block broke the rules during D1 but I just let you off with a warning. I stated that I would punish any player who broke that rule again (1233). You broke it again.

As for the semantics over the rule - Do not take a screenshot of your computer screen and post it in game, if you want to argue that the spreadsheets don't fit into this then continue via PM.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
or

request replacement

I received no warning; you posted a warning, but it wasn't something I was able to read, as my posts were created offline while I was flying over 10,000 feet in the air and added to the thread when I got home; I still haven't re-read all of the posts that have been posted since I left, so I'm more or less blindsided by this due to your lack of attention earlier in the game. My bad for not assuming you had changed your stance on something eight days later without letting the only offending player know individually. Send PMs to people if you want to warn them individually.

Next time you want to use mod votes, be consistent. Giving someone three mod votes for posting a screenshot and someone else one mod vote for editing a post is not something one can forsee, and anyone with a brain will refuse to play with a mod that decides on a whim what each infraction is worth. I'm really confused by how a screenshot is apparently worth 1.5 MOD votes by the way. Unless simply posting a screenshot is worth three, in which case, lol.

I use MOD votes extensively when it comes to posting restrictions and am pretty strict about it from D2 onward, often giving some leniency on D1; I do not, however, re-read the thread and say "I missed a MOD vote from two weeks ago, giving it now" nor do I say "Player X receives two votes for missing his posting restriction since he keeps missing it". It's always one MOD vote, never more; any discrepancy is in the player's favor rather than the rules' favor.

@Town: fine with Nabe or Solid dying. I am a VT (previous claim was attempting to draw NKill, but then everyone else went nuts). Nabe's claim strikes me as falllllllllllse, and I wonder if he was a scummate with Xastrn due to his claim; Xastrn's "hobo" ability could supplement it.

Anyway, I'm out. Sorry for leaving you guys high and dry, but it's a matter of principle.

Edit because I can: I hope you guys can meta me enough to know that as scum I'd prefer to play as scum, given that I continued playing in a game where I was MOD confirmed scum on D1, so if you're wise you'll consider my slot a confirmed VT.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@EVERYONE: How does the interaction between Dabuz and Solid from 1560 to 1563 read to you? I'm not linking to the posts because I think reading them is more effective in the context of the whole thread. The posts start at the very end of page 39 with 40ppp. I mentioned that this intrigued me earlier, but I've decided I'd like some thoughts on it from the rest of you guys.
I looked at these posts when you brought them up the first time, you said something about interesting meta? I don't know why these posts are relevant.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Congratz. I will discuss this with you post game (or now via PM) if you wish to but for now I'd rather just allow the game to resume and progress with only minimal disruption.

Seeking replacement for Overswarm! If you know anyone please get them to PM me.

#HBC | Nabe

The proper response is one with analysis, reasoning, and helps town get closer to finding scum.
You could not have been less vague or out-of-context. Do you think a 'proper' response from me to why I had claimed would have covered any of these points? Specifically, what would a 'proper' response to your question have looked like, and why didn't you ask for the same treatment towards Kantrip that you asked for yourself?

My expected gains were me finding more reason to point you as scum, but I did not find more reason.
@All: With quotes like this, there's no way Dabuz is mafia. Scum would coach these answers out of him. I think this statement again suggests that he's beginning with gutreads and trying to justify them after the fact.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That is a completely trivial statement because I have never seen a mafia team coach things out of a player to get them to stop. The only scenario I had seen was when Soupa was scum and JTB/Zen were trying to beat some sense into him.

Odd scenario with OS but even odder that Solid is already at L-1. o_O"

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Okay, I realize the logical fallacy in what I said seeing in my exp. but I still stand by that statement is just conjecture and cannot be substantiated.

#HBC | Nabe

Vote: Solid

and we kill Nabe tomorrow
Vote: Solid

Not necessarily, the flip might say a lot.
I retract everything I ever said about John ever, ever. (1701)

1) Hops on the Solid wagon without addressing any reasoning
2) Signals agreement with OS (why?)
3) But, stipulates "not necessarily" => Generating town points

Sum total is scum and I'd see this kid fry after all. This post was ridiculously opportunistic.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I retract everything I ever said about John ever, ever. (1701)

1) Hops on the Solid wagon without addressing any reasoning
2) Signals agreement with OS (why?)
3) But, stipulates "not necessarily" => Generating town points

Sum total is scum and I'd see this kid fry after all. This post was ridiculously opportunistic.
Thanks for answering my question. Now to wait on others for J. :3

#HBC | Nabe

That is a completely trivial statement because I have never seen a mafia team coach things out of a player to get them to stop. The only scenario I had seen was when Soupa was scum and JTB/Zen were trying to beat some sense into him.
That's fair. I'd argue that it doesn't matter. It fits the previous profile that I formed (gutreads). Check out as well that, again, his case on you came and naturally followed from his previous posts with me, where he mentioned a precise reason he suspected you. This is the same pattern repeated.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I asked a question that was between Kanty vs. John and asked if everyone (primarily Circus) could answer.

So your gut read is based of how he does his gut reads? Confused but gotta get to AP psych class now.

#HBC | Nabe

#HBC | Nabe

Just to clarify, OS, but is your chart based on amount of condemnations per post with one max per post, or is it just the grand total? I kinda need to know before I check your work, haha.
Why would you bother checking his work? That is literally irrelevant and you have more important things to do, i.e. continuing to play the game. You spending time on this would result in us sitting around and waiting for content from you.

Top Bottom