• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majoras Mask Mafia! DGames' Longest Game Ends - Who Won?!?!?!?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Less and less because of the attitude you reacted towards Xastrn's wagon.

[collapse=Attitude]

[/collapse]

The reason why I am bringing up your attitude is like you are acting like you know that he won't have a believable claim to save his butt nor do you even try and give him the benefit of the doubt. Plus, I kept on asking you to give me answers to how Xastrn had more connections then Circus but you never showed through as far as I recalled. I asked you this twice and so did Kanty.

When started up an argument with Kantrip that I didn't like and agreed with more of Kantrip's posts than yours was another reason. I also don't like that you are continuing to push Kanty but nothing yet to back it up (Hypocrite thy name is me till this post) However, you have been dropping suspicion of Kanty since yesterDay so I thought you'd have more prepared, that just may be a false premise on my behalf.

One final thing is stuff like this that leaves a bad taste with me.

I say that I don't like what you had been doing with this because it seems fake and then you just go "Oh well I was just annoyed." and then you do it again to making an out of game shout-out to Xastrn saying you weren't expecting it.

It's kind of like the reverse of why some people don't like Raz' comment about Xastrn. He said he was proud of his hitting Xastrn on the head for being scum while yours is more you proclaiming your disappointment for Xastrn actually lying.
Here is the post for WK. *taps foot*

Also, I'm not getting on a Solid lynch without more as to why. There are bigger fish for me to deep fry. :p

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ah, found it. Werekill, it's post 1471 if you want to get at it. By the way, you kicked my *** about the meta comment there, J. Point taken. Still think Werekill is town.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Still thinking? When did you first start thinking that I was bussing Xastrn rather than just trying to get him lynched? And what makes you think the former is more likely than the latter?
Would like an answer to this at some point, John.

J, if you want a reason for Solidscum, here's one.

I bet circus is scum with solid.
This is one of the most damning things against Solid, in my opinion. This line came in one of Xastrn's bigger posts against me when we were duking it out on D1, right after he had laid out his Solid case and I started going after him for it (it's his 1020, if you care). Note that at this point Xastrn has been under a lot of heat for the Red Ryu case. From Nasty Xasty's perspective, it would make sense to switch to a scumbuddy at this point. But it especially makes sense to try to link one of your scumbuddies with a townie, for the sake of either improving the scumbuddy's odds of living if the townie dies, or increasing the chances of a townie mislynch if the scumbuddy dies.

In general, making the case on Solidscum makes Solid look better upon Xasty's flip, which Xastrn probably knew was likely at that point. However, it also works out well in reverse. If Xastrn had been able to successfully create momentum on a Solid wagon and get him lynched then that would look great for Xastrn. What really puts the blue ribbon on this idea though is the fact that Xastrn suggests me as Solid's scumbuddy. It's all about set-ups for the future. Lynching Solidscum after making this small point would have given Xastrn plenty of reason to continue pushing for my lynch on D2, under the guise of thinking that I make sense as Solid's scumbuddy. He probably would have been able to gain some followers on that, considering what a focus for the lynch I was yesterDay and the fact that some people considered my attack on Xastrn's case of Solid to be a defense of Solid. It's important to realize that there's no reason for Xastrn to bother trying to make this connection on two townies. Saying "this person looks scummy and so does this person" is one thing; saying "this person looks scummy with this person" is another. When scum choose to do the latter instead of the former, there's usually a distinct reason for it. I think Xastrn was trying to handcuff me to one of his buddies.

And he would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for us meddling kids!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Quick post while I'm leaving my house:

@Circus: I've played 2 Dgames games before this, one Newbie game and a Hydra where I pulled most of the weight the latter half but was killed by vengeful townie early on. Town both games.

I'm also surprised that you didn't comment more on T-Block. I thought that I had said some decent reasons to reread him in my 1614, but whatever. You just don't seem like the kind of guy to shrug off a possibility like that, ya know?

@J: Haha, I never said that I was almost finished with your post; I've been using all my time on reading Overswarm (who I have decided that I don't want dead toDay, more later), so I never started. :3

I forgot about it, but I'll get to it soon.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm also surprised that you didn't comment more on T-Block. I thought that I had said some decent reasons to reread him in my 1614, but whatever. You just don't seem like the kind of guy to shrug off a possibility like that, ya know?
I still haven't made a point of going back and reading his posts yet. And unless you give me reason to believe he is definitively one alignment or another, I don't see any reason to act on the basis of him being one or another. Not when we have Xastrn as a concrete flip. If we're going to try to draw connections from anyone, it should be him. He has flipped, and he posted more, giving us more to work with. The possibilities that T-block's abduction presents are good to be aware of, but I personally think they'll probably be more valuable later on, when we hopefully know more about the abductor and what the mafia might be capable of doing this game. Not toDay.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Would like an answer to this at some point, John.

J, if you want a reason for Solidscum, here's one.

This is one of the most damning things against Solid, in my opinion. This line came in one of Xastrn's bigger posts against me when we were duking it out on D1, right after he had laid out his Solid case and I started going after him for it (it's his 1020, if you care). Note that at this point Xastrn has been under a lot of heat for the Red Ryu case. From Nasty Xasty's perspective, it would make sense to switch to a scumbuddy at this point. But it especially makes sense to try to link one of your scumbuddies with a townie, for the sake of either improving the scumbuddy's odds of living if the townie dies, or increasing the chances of a townie mislynch if the scumbuddy dies.

In general, making the case on Solidscum makes Solid look better upon Xasty's flip, which Xastrn probably knew was likely at that point. However, it also works out well in reverse. If Xastrn had been able to successfully create momentum on a Solid wagon and get him lynched then that would look great for Xastrn. What really puts the blue ribbon on this idea though is the fact that Xastrn suggests me as Solid's scumbuddy. It's all about set-ups for the future. Lynching Solidscum after making this small point would have given Xastrn plenty of reason to continue pushing for my lynch on D2, under the guise of thinking that I make sense as Solid's scumbuddy. He probably would have been able to gain some followers on that, considering what a focus for the lynch I was yesterDay and the fact that some people considered my attack on Xastrn's case of Solid to be a defense of Solid. It's important to realize that there's no reason for Xastrn to bother trying to make this connection on two townies. Saying "this person looks scummy and so does this person" is one thing; saying "this person looks scummy with this person" is another. When scum choose to do the latter instead of the former, there's usually a distinct reason for it. I think Xastrn was trying to handcuff me to one of his buddies.

And he would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for us meddling kids!
Ahhhhh, this is a damn good post. Need to re-examine Solid read.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
How do i put link within post numbers like Nabe has been doing?

I will respond to you in a moment Nabe, but this post is regarding J. (and other guests while reading through the posts and thought vomiting). I suggest 40PP and a separate window while reading this case.

First, look at J's 990, take note of how he is pushing hard on Xastrn there and before.

Then, J's 1033 is the next post worth looking at. He unvotes Xastrn.

The post leading up to J's 1053 are, i guess, playful, he is asking Raziek to read Circus for him, and in the meantime has not pushed anything on Xastrn since his 990, where it looked like J was dead set on Xastrn wagon.

BOOM! J's 1053, he votes circus, giving a very flimsy and broadly explained reasoning. BTW, while reading through the posts before/ after that, look at Kantrip's eagerness to get on the Circus wagon.

Before analyzing J more, look at Circus's 1088. The post itself isn't important. What IS important is how much the attention is going to Circus.

Now, Xastrn's 1089 and 1090 gives us an odd tip off. Keeping in mind the fact that he is scum, look at him name drop: J, Raz, Nabe, and Kantrip

Next, J and Kantrip's interaction in 1114-1118.

Its strikes me as a red flag because J seems VERY confused. His 1114 states he doesn't want info lynch, but instead scum lynch, cool.

His 1116 states he would be the best lynch for connections and information, um, obvious diversion from the current Xastrn/Circus case IMO. Also, tell me something, does J's 1116 look like a response to Kantrip's 1115? Like i said, obvious diversion is obvious.

His 1118 strikes me as noob card, J has enough experience to know that connections mean EVERYTHING; pressure, banter, interactions, ect. I can't believe he wouldn't realize that, it looks like a back door to make up for a sloppy 1116, because he goes back to wanting a Xastrn/Circus and notes that they give the most connections.

redflag.GIF

Look at the 1114, he wants scum/useless lynch, not info lynch. Look at the 1118, in the context it makes sense, but its still a bit odd that J puts focus on the idea of info lynch, and the focus isn't on lynch for scum. Read between the lines a bit, and you can see how info lynch =/= scum lynch.

Next, J's 1121: He is extremely confident in the Circus lynch going through and is now agreeing with Xastrn? Am i under the impression that a player J was so content to lynch...is now the player J is agreeing with?

J's 1123 in response to WK's 1122: J doesn't want Xastrn to claim at L-1. UMMMMMMM! *redflag.gif* The reasoning against claim is VERY poor, and knowing now that no one believed Xastrn's claim, I get the impression that J was AFRAID of Xastrn claiming.

Kantrip's 1128 is a bit annoying. He throws out the term "Chainsawception". No substance in the post, but it isn't needed because of the terms implications and negative connotation.

Kantrip's 1131 is also annoying. He is trying to keep attention (and vig kill if it exists) off of himself by saying he is good to have in Mylo, even under bad play. This looks like a way to save his own skin and that kind of attitude does not work in town's advantage.

Look at the 1132 next. Kantrip begged the question by Werekill of: "When?" See whats wrong with this, Werekill is being forced to ask a question and is now under the impression that maybe he did chainsaw.

BTW, lets look at 1133 by Werekill. He wants more than one extra night killer because it would be interesting.

@Werekill: Did you mean you haven't played a game with vig/ any night-kill role besides mafia? Or are you implying here that there is already another night kill faction besides mafia?

FOS: Werekill

Kantrip's 1143 bothers me because he says Werekill has been attacking people who make cases on Circus but gives NO examples.

Back to J. He never gives solid reasoning for why Circus wagon should go through in his 1156, nor does he give solid reasoning on why Xas wagon shouldn't go through.

In J's 1168...well actually, J's 1168 in general: THATS his case for why we should vote for Circus? daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, weak as hell

J's 1182 was an empty question, because its something you can find by lookign back in the thread for.

J agrees that Xastrn should claim in his 1226. Its a complete 180 from what he said in his 1123, although the situation is similar, just that the day is closer to ending and Xastrn is now at L-2

Anyone find it funny that from 1258 until Xastrn is hammered, both Kantrip and J are discussing who hammers? I feel like thats a way to get town points because now they look all for the Xastrn lynch, Considering J originally flipped off of Xastrn to Circus for sloppy reasoning, and now does another flip back to Xastrn Wagon. i REALLY don't like how that worked out.

Finally, J's 1270: He is sorry to Hammer Xastrn. SORRY! I will admit that this is extremely subjective to one's opinions, but saying sorry to a person whom you are lynching implies you don't want to vote for that person. So J didn't want to vote for Xastrn, but wanted to hammer and get town points.

From there on, J does not push Circus, and buddies him in a way.

unvote
vote: J

Also, Kantrip for scum buddy maybe?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I read everything in detail.

J, Red Ryu, OS, Dabuz, Circus, Nabe, based on votes and behavior of posts, I can't see any of these people affiliated with Xastrn.

If people want the inactive route, Frio is a far better lynch than John2K and OS. Xastrn had a lot of interest in John, in a way I can't see it being a bus at all. He was very consistent about it during D1 and left it open ended. OS is doing something despite his issues and with Xastrn trying to buddy the hell out of him, my guess to avoid OS' immediate attention.

So from there I'm looking at the following as viable lynches today.

Raziek [0]
Solid [0]
Panta [0]
Werekill [0]
Kantrip [0]
Inferno3044 [0]

I'm fine with seeing any of these people going, but I do have a list of preference. For one thing I look at the chart OS made a while back with the list of connections from questions, references, etc.

First off I read Xastrn's posts, his posts had quick a bit of attention, and a case, on the Spellcaster slot which is Kantrip. I find it less likely this was a bus at this stage of the game, and instead think this was a push to make himself look better, this would make me less likely to want to go for Kantrip right now.

Raziek [0]
Solid [0]
Panta [0]
Werekill [0]
Inferno3044 [0]

Panta and Inferno's slots weren't active enough to say it was distancing at all, so any lynch based on connections isn't likely here. Frio oddly didn't get much connection like John2k4 did, same applies to Panta in a sense.

Raziek [0]
Solid [0]
Werekill [0]

Werekill doesn't look like a likely avenue due to the constant condemning he got overall in the game, compared to Solid which looked a bit later.

Here I would validate it being good connection wise with these players on what I think is most likely with the players to be connected if they are scum and see why or why not it can't apply.

Raziek [0] - Late vote on the wagon, Xastrn never condemned him at all and made a lot of references to his posting.

Solid [0] - I'm with Circus in the sense this is the most likely person to have been a bus. I don't see why it took that long for Xastrn to take note of Solid and place him as a viable lynch.

I think one of these should be the play today and if anything, I see Solid as being far more likely right now based on overall play.

unvote
Vote: Solid

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Dabuz I actually found the progression of J's posts to be fine and consistent over the course of the posts, I don't see why he would push that early unless he majorly screwed up as scum with a bus to deflect onto Circus.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Thoughts right now: I like the Solid wagon. I like dabuz for his case, although I don't agree with it. I like Red Ryu more from his most recent posts. Circus seems more townie to me toDay AND his connection with Xastrn doesn't suggest that they were scummates at all.

@Raziek, when you're done looking into solid more (or whenever really), can I see a list of reads with reasoning from you, please?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Oh god, please don't feign illiteracy.

The questions I asked you in the post you responded to.
To answer the questions:

1: The proper response is one with analysis, reasoning, and helps town get closer to finding scum.

2:
As I said, town players deflate invalid townreads upon themselves. (Unless they're trying to persuade town to agree with them, which isn't play I expect from townRaziek.) And I'm putting forward that the post was not indicative of alignment, since either alignment might've posted the same post, and I'm also saying that your read is shallow. What I've asked you (quoted above) is to tell me why a scum player can't have posted 1329, i.e. to justify your read and tell me why it's not shallow, unless you now agree with me (and you've made it clear since that you don't).
Wait, said that the post seems towny and i can't see a reason townRaziek would want to disagree with me. I NEVER stated that a scum player couldn't of posted 1329, I just said it seems towny. Now, the reason it seems towny is because it was a good response to my 1327. It explained and analyzed a bit of meta, it cast suspicion of scum/dumb town because my post was bad, and was better than other posts in response.

To answer your second question. You are right scum could make that kind of post, it is meta, which I guess isn't really alignment defining because either faction can explain meta. But I still feel like it was towny based on the reasons above.

Same answer then, with the added reminder that regardless of alignment, Solid likely doesn't want himself lynched.
Fair enough

Why did you ask these questions? What were your expected gains?
Since it appears to be necessary to stipulate this, I expect you to answer these questions.
I asked these questions for the same reason i ask any question, to see if I can get reads, notice anything odd, find scum. My expected gains were me finding more reason to point you as scum, but I did not find more reason.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
On OS, like I said I would do:

Honestly, I was pushing him to make him post more so that I could get a better read. I still don't like him too much, but considering the fact that he's being far more useful, I say we keep him around until we see more.

Unvote

Will vote Solid after a votecount; the wagon seems SOLID enough (:awesome:).

Also, would anyone like to volunteer to double check OS's chart before we kill Solid? I would hate to kill the wrong guy because we blindly follow a chart that could very well be fake, for all we know right now.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Uhhhh. There should not be any flipping happening yet. Deadline's still almost a week away. I think Solid is at L-2 with John's vote. Would appreciate if everyone else held off on Solid until he gets in here and says something.

OS, John, reasoning for the votes? Got anything to add to the conversation or are you just going to piggyback on what's been said?

John, you're going to respond to my 1507, right?

How do i put link within post numbers like Nabe has been doing?
Click the number at the top right corner of a post to isolate that post into a new window/tab. Then copy and paste that url into the url code you use for everything else ([ url = link ] [ /url ], no spaces).

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
WERENINJA. :mad088:

Confession of the Day: I basically didn't even look at Overswarm's chart. The charts have nothing to do with why I think Solid is scummy.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Just to clarify, OS, but is your chart based on amount of condemnations per post with one max per post, or is it just the grand total? I kinda need to know before I check your work, haha.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm so confused by that case Dabuz because I really don't have the time to go back and forth to look at my own posts (there are a lot) just to realize the entire case is based on the connection that I was bussing Xastrn and that my cases on both Circus/Xastrn were weak....?

What? That is not true at all. ~.~ Wasn't I the first person onto Xastrn and continued to push him and Circus equally throughout yesterDay? I'm looking at your post and just saying "No, nuh-uh, now waaaay." over and over again. xP

Dabuz, can you summarize why I am scum in like a paragraph and maybe make it a tad neater/easier on me? I mean if it's too much then it's alright but I would like a summary as to why you think I'm scum because if it's for the reasoning in your case, all I can say is, "No."

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@Circus: I am going to wait to respond to that paragraph till I get some answers from others, alright?

@J: Haha, I never said that I was almost finished with your post; I've been using all my time on reading Overswarm (who I have decided that I don't want dead toDay, more later), so I never started. :3

I forgot about it, but I'll get to it soon.
You're mean to me WK. Diiiiiiiiiiiiiie please? <3

Ahhhhh, this is a damn good post. Need to re-examine Solid read.
Explain to us how it's a "damn good post".

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kanty, side-note. Soooooo damn wary of you this second duder. You don't even know man. I feel like I need to re-examine your slot with so much more scrutiny.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright.

John2k4. Hope that got your attention. Why do you always take so long to answer the simplest of questions (except fluffy ones)? You know you don't need to check in your quicktopic every time you want to post something game related. You seem all too willing to jump on this wagon, which I don't like.

So the question is: I want an explanation as to why you voted. Next, tell us what a lynch on Solid would give you in the way of reads on other players. What did you have in mind when you said " the lynch could say a lot"?

Next, if you're not scum: Who is? I want you to tell me who your top scumpick is.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey Dabuz, got a question for ya. What about my play is scummy? Tell me that and I'll indulge you more because after going over your post again it is heavily reliant on the connection to Xastrn/Circus and that's it. There is no real analyze of my play of D1 or D2 but just "He made weak cases." which isn't even true because if that were the case, why did people follow me and agree to what I was saying. You yourself did not have a problem with what I was saying at the time and seemed to like what I was saying because it went with your goal of getting Xastrn lynched which was all you did after I brought up points, you cascaded off what I said. So in reality, by you saying that you disliked what I was doing with Xastrn, you are saying you dislike your own actions which seemed to be branched off what I did. You tunneled Xastrn but only came in at tiny intervals to continue that train of thought. I was looking at different avenues which I clearly stated why and the some of the posts you are trying to reference that I didn't have substantial reasoning is just not true because the posts you referenced do have good reasoning.

Circus, John/Raz/Kanty reads? These were people you were talking a lot about in the past. What do you think of them with what's going on now and this new-founded pile-on onto Solid? Do you like RR? I like RR.

@Circus(again but others should answer this please!): Talk about Kanty's jump onto John. Is it opportunistic on the weakest vote to Solid? Is John in the wrong or is Kanty in the wrong? Which side are you choosing if you had to pick one? Does this attack show more about their alignment when looked at an analytical standpoint? Disregard connections and focus solely on the actions in these two posts. Tell me who you think is right and who you think is wrong? Tell me then if the person you picked was wrong, would you be willing to lynch them or add them to your lynch pool?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
1. Raziek
3. Overswarm
5. ¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯
6. Panta
7. Red Ryu
8. dabuz
9. Nabe
10. Circus
11. Werekill
12. John2k4
13. Kantrip

14. J
15. Inferno3044

Keeping Kanty/John out of the box for the current time because I have some new thoughts on those slots possibly but I want some people to answer my final paragraph in my last post.

If you want a read explained, please ask me but that's a skeleton of what my train of thought is ATM too many yellows imo. Need to change that so I plan on going over some things if I ever get the time.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Razzy, I'm still holding your hand but where are you lately? That's my biggest thing and I need you to explain this Solid thing.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
@J: I'll summarize the main point. You were for the Xastrn wagon, until i believe it was your 1033 where you unvoted, and then you voted for Circus in your 1053 with a REALLY weak case, a complete 180 that doesn't look very convincing. You eventually turned around and went back to the Xastrn wagon late once you knew it was guaranteed. And now, it seems like you are buddying Circus.

Sidenote: I am really worried that you didn't want Xastrn to claim at L-1, but then later in the day when Xastrn was at L-2, you wanted him to claim.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Dabuz, that case is bawls. Go re-read that in context, J and I made a concerted push on Circus, however weak you think the case was, it proved productive and has resulted in TownCircus for most of us.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@J: I'll summarize the main point. You were for the Xastrn wagon, until i believe it was your 1033 where you unvoted, and then you voted for Circus in your 1053 with a REALLY weak case, a complete 180 that doesn't look very convincing. You eventually turned around and went back to the Xastrn wagon late once you knew it was guaranteed. And now, it seems like you are buddying Circus.

Sidenote: I am really worried that you didn't want Xastrn to claim at L-1, but then later in the day when Xastrn was at L-2, you wanted him to claim.
Sidenote: Look at the timing of Xastrn at L-1, we had like 4-5 days left in the day IIRC. Also Xastrn/Circus were both at L-2 so I wanted them both to claim.

1033, yes I had been voting Xastrn for over 800 posts and wanted to look elsewhere with my Circus case. You say it was weak yet you haven't explained why it is weak nor explained how it was "a complete 180". Also you say I went back to the Xastrn wagon when I knew his fate was sealed but that is entirely subjective. I didn't go back to the Xastrn wagon when I knew it was too late, look at why I changed, it was his claim that did him in for me.

Yes, I am slightly buddying Circus because of a few reasons I'm not discussing but I really like Circus as town the more I read of him and his claim is making me feel more at ease with him. Circus can go to LYLO as long as he promises TO BE CAREFUL! That's assuming he lives long till there. How is buddying scummy? What do you think of mine/Raz's buddying? What about TB's/Raz's buddying?

You are picking and choosing what you are saying against me which is hurting your case because it's holding a double-standard to others.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Dabuz, I'd still like an answer if you are continuing to push me, what about my play has been scummy? Not these flippant connections.

Top Bottom