• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Reloaded VIII - July 16th 2011 (Adelaide) 1ST PLACE NOW $1000

Splice

Smash Hero
The Baranyays will never understand.

You guys use the characters that FORCE everyone else to play gay, Metaknight or not.
That's so painful when you are the real culprits for using Snake and Diddy.

Disgusting. This game is disgusting. Olimar is the only thing in it that isn't disgusting.
and Gourmet Race (Metal Remix)
:)

Splice

Smash Hero
I dont have to camp especially against Diddy or Snake with Olimar.

With Olimar I can avoid feeling the gay whilst my opponent feels it especially.
Just like Attila and Tibs do with their mains! :D

Except I will be a mother****ing astronaut

Dekar289

Smash Hero
but oli gets gimped up the bum
snake lives til 500 and diddy works for nasa
god damn brawl is stupid lol, the irony is we're lucky that the baranyays don't main mk

Splice

Smash Hero
No. MK MU is by far easier to learn than Diddy and Snake, and I myself would love it if Tibs and Attila used MK. At least then they'd have to actually learn the GaW MU to beat me, instead of just doing whatever. And for some-one who doesnt actually play or learn anything about Brawl dekar, dealing with MK is much more fun and easier to understand than Snake or Diddy, even if the MU is worse for you.

Also, MK isn't that much better than Diddy or Snake when it really comes down to it. Him being in his own tier is such a joke.
I don't think they would do as well with MK. Maybe Attila because he's just the best at everything in general. Tibs nup. What a crappy guy.

Olimar gets gimped pretty hard, and im worse at avoiding it then every other Olimar in the world atm, but GaW sucks really bad. I have been using the trashiest character for so long. All fun characters are trash. See: Fox. MK is the only fun/fast high tier, funnily enough. So not only is he high tier in high-tierliness but he is also high tier in funliness thus his exceptionally large amount useage relatively.

Anyway
In Melee I use Falco, who is fun but also not trash. Game is good.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i know the gnw MU pretty well, actually. i know what beats what, what punishes lag of moves etc.
play gay next time against billy. plank the whole game. see what happens :)
And you guys did try to plank me :)
but then billy did some predictable sheet and got *****, simple :p

and yeah brawl is stupid.
annnnnd snake is gayer than mk

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i know matchups.

i just like to play and try things out.

gives people the illusion that i don't know what i'm doing.

then i play in bracket and commit ****.

@grim: if you're complaining about tilts, then you have never felt the terror of playing a real snake.

@splice: no one needs to time me out to win. in fact, it's not normally a good strategy against me. in fact, i force everyone to play properly. isn't that right, corpse?

Splice

Smash Hero
I always find it funny when people whinge about characters.
NEWSFLASH: They're available for everyone.
I always find it funny when people come into a conversation with little to no real understanding of what people are trying to say, and then act like they are a wise guy.

The characters that are good... are not fun to play against, OR AS. Every player who is good and uses these characters are no fun to play anymore because of how you have to play to keep up with them. Even If I was using these characters, I would still have to play in a way that is not enjoyable if I was vsing a person playing any other high tier well. It's more enjoyable to be a level below these players because the game can be played in a more enjoyable way and you can also use the more enjoyable characters because they arent invalidated.

MK looks like the only way around this but it'd be a long path for me
and like I said
I use Falco in Melee.

*also i would like to note this is how I feel, im sure some others do not feel the same.

@Grim: Attila is right, lol. Tilts are not the big problem. Mostly their use of B-moves i find. Or, if it's Attila, fear the aerials just because it's Attila.

Splice

Smash Hero
this is really sketchy and hard for me to do accurately
but a quick guesstimate would be that tilts are like 10% of his game
less than 20% imo.

Depends on opponent actually. Could be more or less then. So this post was pointless.

Attila_

BRoomer
all high tiers accept falco can walk right up to snake, if he's not zoning with explosives appropriately.

Pivot grabbing is the best way to stop people walking up to you; tilts can be punished. If you're not punishing them, and you're using a high tier, you mustn't know the mu.

If you disagree corpse, maybe that's why your snake was so bad?

:phone:

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
I never said I disagreed or agreed, and I'm pretty sure my snake took m2k to 1 stock, which considering the time I had spent playing him and with basically no matchup experience against anything whatsoever, is pretty good imo.

Attila_

BRoomer
You facepalmed.

And taking sandbag2king to final stock in friendlies doesn't mean ****. don't for one second think it does.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Not punishing Snake's f-tilt isn't a match-up knowledge problem.

Snake can mix-up between just doing f-tilt 1 or doing f-tilt 2. And if you guess wrong, you either don't get a punish or take damage.

It's not quite as good as the mix-ups MK can do with f-tilt but still, Snake's does way more damage...(and more shield push)

S.D

Smash Master
I always find it funny when people come into a conversation with little to no real understanding of what people are trying to say, and then act like they are a wise guy.

The characters that are good... are not fun to play against, OR AS. Every player who is good and uses these characters are no fun to play anymore because of how you have to play to keep up with them. Even If I was using these characters, I would still have to play in a way that is not enjoyable if I was vsing a person playing any other high tier well. It's more enjoyable to be a level below these players because the game can be played in a more enjoyable way and you can also use the more enjoyable characters because they arent invalidated.

MK looks like the only way around this but it'd be a long path for me
and like I said
I use Falco in Melee.

*also i would like to note this is how I feel, im sure some others do not feel the same.

@Grim: Attila is right, lol. Tilts are not the big problem. Mostly their use of B-moves i find. Or, if it's Attila, fear the aerials just because it's Attila.
Well then maybe it's time you draw the line between 'enjoying' your tournament matches and actually winning them.

It's a pretty neat john though, I lost because I was trying to have fun XD

Attila_

BRoomer
Only character who can't punish ftilt1 on shield in high tier is snake.

If you didn't know that, then you better get some matchup knowledge.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
All fun characters are trash. See: Fox.
pffft obvs you just bad, fox has a high learning curve but is top tier for sure.

also yeah, snakes tilts are the ****, but they arent the best thing about his game and he doesnt rely solely on them.
if you think otherwise thats funny because you dont play the character and are also bad at the game.

Attila_

BRoomer
Um.

Grab.

Admittedly, ice climbers have issues with ftilt. I forgot about them because they're trash.

Wario will always grab it though, cause his grab range is broken.

Attila_

BRoomer
Wario? He'll always be able to. Grab range is stupid. Most other characters can't, but all the good ones (bar snake and Oli) can do oos aerials or similar anyway. Pretty sure the gap is 7 frames.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
You facepalmed.

And taking sandbag2king to final stock in friendlies doesn't mean ****. don't for one second think it does.

It certainly means something, maybe its not a reflection of what would happen in tournament but it still means something. But if thats not good enough, I did beat Ted/ZXV in tournament with my bad snake (with no match up experience dont forget).

Top Bottom