• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maining Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
does he have a easy/hard learning curve and is he as cheap as some people say he is?

odd to say the least pit doesn't bother me as much as Ike Does so i'd be willing to allow him to try out for the position of my main

i've played pit a few times with less then stellar results(ok but not really that great) and i don't know if its his character thats brought me to this or the fact i downloaded Kid Icarus Today off The Wii Shop

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
I main him and yes , i find easy to be succesfull without much practice.

And i cant perform son adv ts. yet.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Pit can be cheap with his arrow, recovery and angel ring making him somewhat easy to pickup. But I would say to get good at him to play at a high level takes time and the learning curve is steep. Thats why he isn't placing in tourneys the way he should be.
I think that Pit is a great character to main, let all of the discoveries found so far be the judge of that. I share the same hate of Ike as you do btw.

Oh and I can't say for the other characters but the Pit community in my opinion is superb. Everyone is really respectful and mature. Everyone helps out with the tech and it seems that people care about representing Pit right. I can't recall one instance of flaming here at all.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I agree with kup0 137.46% pit is easy to pit up but timing, spacing, looping and other adv. techs. take time and pit is a wonderful char to main

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit is truly a wonderful character to main. I used to just have Bowser, but Pit easily became my favorite just for his appearance. With gliding capabilities, multiple jumps, Fast "Aimable" Projectile, and a large amount of Adv. Tech specifically for him, he is one amazing character to use with a lot of versatility.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Pit is DEADLY if the player is advanced. The time it takes to master him is definitely worth the potency of his plethora of unique adv. techs. He has top-notch recovery, which is vital. He has undisputably the best (not necessarily the most powerful but it makes up for it A LOT) projectile in the game and two reflectors. A gliding Pit is a force to be reckoned with. All in all, the deal with Pit is that he is quite a challenge to master, but there are few things on this earth that are more satisfying.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ryazan has my support on that. In fact, I think Pit is more fun than Boozer, with Gliding and all, and his arrows are fun to use.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Pit is one of those characters that is very good at low level play (spamable projectile, spamable smash, great recovery). But as time progressed it seems like it isnt so easy for pit to do well at high level. He does have an amazing learning curve though. Lots of tricks to deal with. Spacing is important, arrow control is important and some technical things as well (wingdashing).

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Pit is only cheap in the hands of those who are cheap. Pit is easy to play as in the hands of those who play smart. Those who know how to play as Pit won't spam his arrows, but use his arrows when necessary and effectively. Look to UndrDog and Sagemoon. They'll inspire you to play better.

crownvick

Smash Apprentice
(baltimore) Ok Nobody Move And Nobody Gets Hurt U
Pits not cheap. lol

Wanna know who is cheap wolf and metaknight but definetley metaknight. He has decent knockback. Spamable down smash. Spamable b tornado. amazing speed. ***** in the air. Good recovery and grabs are amazing. I can beat every1 but metaknight lol. Now wolf. I hate wolf users because they spam the down be and side b and make no strategys

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I can handle MetaKnights depending on what they use. While I can Pierce those who spam the tornado with a little timing with the D-air, for Wolf, I can beat almost all of them regardless of their annoyance, but then they shouldnt be killing themselves while trying to Spike me.
However, I consider Toon Link to be cheap against me, as well as G&W and Olimar, for many ppl use them as a "Last resort" against me, and to overthrow my strategies, which often it dont work.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's not "This character is cheap!" but "This character can be played effectively without the need of any incredible skill.".

Metaknight seems to be the biggest case of this in Brawl at this point.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I actually meant their strategy with the chars are cheap (spamming, running away to projectile spam, and Smash spam, etc.) Regardless of the problem, I can usually handle it, however, at the cost of me being nervous, because those strategies give me a bit of pressure. It's common in my experience.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Pits not cheap. lol
Yeah, I agree. Like I said, Pit is cheap in the hands of those who play cheap. That goes for any character, really. Personally, I find Pit to be worthy of maining. Had Samus not been in any of the Smash Bros. games, I'd have Pit as my main. Since Samus is my main, I like having Pit at her side. They make a great team. (I was whooping on a Marth last night! Man, I was proud of my Pit!) :)

sagemoon

Smash Lord
the three main advanced tactics that you need to know is wing renewal, wingdash, and arrow looping. The rest are just for style points.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I agree with Sagemoon. I would also add maybe get good at Arrow mindgames. What I mean is instead of firing an arrow straight, 90% of the time have a double curve in your arrow. (The arrow changes directions once using a down up or up down motion instead of a straight shot or single curved shot) This will do three things:
-Intimidate your opponent
-Throw his Air dodge timing off a bit
-Make him think it is going over his head when in fact it will curve down/up to hit him

Also get good at shooting arrows at in between angles, slightly lower and slightly higher.
Idk how your arrow game is but I thought I'd suggest it.

I don't think it was mentioned but learning the new Angel Ring Tech wouldn't hurt either ;)

rinoH

Smash Lord
he has a slight learning curve but is easy to pick up but hard to master because of his lightness kill potential

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
well after going through some test brawls with crown...
i have to say it looks like iam not ready to main "Kid Icarus" Yet

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
lol koopa calm down. you don't need to win to be able to main a character. as long as you want to get good and you ARE getting good, play whoever you want to... except ganon. i definitely don't recommend ganon =D.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Pit can be campy. But i cant stand to play defensive. Hes a great offensive player too, i main pit and i rarely play defensive.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Pit is a very cheap character, he's meant to play campy.
Ignorance is so annoying. You can't make a generalized statement like that. He was not made to be campy. You should look at some good Pit players before making that assumption.
Sorry, In a bad mood because my wisdom teeth were taken out this morning. :(

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Pits not cheap. lol

Wanna know who is cheap wolf and metaknight but definetley metaknight. He has decent knockback. Spamable down smash. Spamable b tornado. amazing speed. ***** in the air. Good recovery and grabs are amazing. I can beat every1 but metaknight lol. Now wolf. I hate wolf users because they spam the down be and side b and make no strategys
(this is not a flame, Pit is a secondary of mine)

1. He gets knocked away ridiculously fast
2. Limited to 2 potential KO moves
3. Average, if not slower than normal air movement
4. The Mach Tornado arguement has been beaten to death, block it.
5. The arrow spam can be a huge counterpoint here, but I believe it can be associated to ineffective skill the same way the Tornado is with Metaknight.

Esca

Smash Champion
Okay, i'll prove it. As an ex-Pit mainer, i won two tournaments, one with 40 people, and one with 37 people, roughly. I've just learned to play with Olimar and use Pit as a counter-pick on Snakes. You know how I won, i played Campy. You use arrows to your advantage as much as possible, you charge them at different rates, and curve them differently to confuse your opponent, eventually your opponent will get to you, and by time they do, they're going to be frustrated and try to attack, so you either shield grab and throw them, or you spot-dodge, down smash, you barely have any lee-way with Pit, since his attacks don't lag, he's a very easy player to get good with, and ignorance is bliss kupo.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Okay, i'll prove it. As an ex-Pit mainer, i won two tournaments, one with 40 people, and one with 37 people, roughly. I've just learned to play with Olimar and use Pit as a counter-pick on Snakes. You know how I won, i played Campy. You use arrows to your advantage as much as possible, you charge them at different rates, and curve them differently to confuse your opponent, eventually your opponent will get to you, and by time they do, they're going to be frustrated and try to attack, so you either shield grab and throw them, or you spot-dodge, down smash, you barely have any lee-way with Pit, since his attacks don't lag, he's a very easy player to get good with, and ignorance is bliss kupo.
Olimar is cheap, too. Simply use Pikmin Pluck, and then toss your Pikmin at your opponents. In order for your opponents to get the Pikmin off, they'll have to use certain attacks. For example, Samus' Screw Attack (Up+B) eliminates all the Pikmin that land on her. After that, run away and use Pikmin Pluck (B) if you've lost any Pikmin. Furthermore, Olimar's Pikmin Order (Down+B) allows Olimar to remain grounded, even if he is hit. In other words, he has a magic armor with him. Pit doesn't sound so cheap now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom