• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maining Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esca

Smash Champion
dryn, you're a silly man. Olimar isn't that cheap at all actually, although Pits up b can be gimped, its ridiculous, he can glide, olimar needs super armor in lack of his recovery, also, latching with pikmin isn't a good tactic at all with olimar. He's better to play conservative, but he's beast in the air. You don't go to a church and talk about drinking do you? Dont come here and talk about something you don't know about man.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Anyone arguing that a character is "cheap" needs to reevalute their views on this game. Seeing as I'm unable to lock this thread myself, I'll bring it to the attention of a mod, which I'm sure will be something of a bother to him.

HOWEVER, it would seem we have a new member! Welcome! Please go to "kown's thread" and introduce yourself to us! ^_^

Crystanium

Smash Hero
dryn, you're a silly man. Olimar isn't that cheap at all actually, although Pits up b can be gimped, its ridiculous, he can glide, olimar needs super armor in lack of his recovery, also, latching with pikmin isn't a good tactic at all with olimar. He's better to play conservative, but he's beast in the air. You don't go to a church and talk about drinking do you? Dont come here and talk about something you don't know about man.
Silly I might be, but coming across my brother in Training Mode when he tried out Olimar for the first time and ***** my Samus, I don't know. What I do know is what I have learned from experience. Pit's gliding is a normal game mechanic. You can't say the same thing about Olimar's "magic armor," since the purpose of Olimar's Pikmin Order was to put your Pikmin in order. I know a few things about Olimar. However, if I did not know, this wouldn't mean that I am to be excluded from such discussion, since that would be the logical fallacy of special pleading.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Anyone arguing that a character is "cheap" needs to reevalute their views on this game. Seeing as I'm unable to lock this thread myself, I'll bring it to the attention of a mod, which I'm sure will be something of a bother to him.

HOWEVER, it would seem we have a new member! Welcome! Please go to "kown's thread" and introduce yourself to us! ^_^
Come now, UndrDog, I only applied the same logic that escajehubus used. I am of the opinion that no character is cheap, but whoever plays in such manner is cheap. Really, I find neither Pit, nor Olimar, nor anyone for that matter as a cheap character.

Anyway, welcome to the Pit Character Chat Sub-Forum, PitTheAngel. Pit mains and Pit alternatives hope you enjoy your time in this friendly sub-forum. :)

Esca

Smash Champion
Olimar's super armor was known by Sakurai, otherwise he wouldn't have put invincible frames into the game engine, and if you lose to your brothers' Olimar the first time he ever played him, it's probably because you didn't know his move set. It's very hard to beat a player when you don't know the characters' move set, also, but I can sympothize. Also, i didn't mean Pit as being cheap, he's just meant to play more campy than other characters, here's a vid of my Pit 2 months ago.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNPmDiVo5FY April 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom