• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Mah0ne's Stuff about Puff

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
lol.

it's so weird playing y.link, feels like i'm always just an inch away from hitting him. nair seems legit, and really precise fairs and bairs. i tried to play semi-agressive, trying to penetrate the wall of projectiles. fuzzyness (?) said something about not attacking unless you hit, and do more empty jumps and float around, but y.link is just way faster. this is so hard.

i think i got some vids recorded of me playing, i would love to get some advice!

oh, and puff peach team *****!

Tekk

Smash Lord
Oh man, I haven't been there in ages, sorry everyone.
I see this thread is still active, I'm glad.

Y'all still my homies.

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
Tekkkkkk man you gotta start going to tourneys again. You were my favorite puff to watch like a year ago but i haven't seen vids of you in forever

Tekk

Smash Lord
It could have been vs. Cyr at ESAJ.
Otherwise the french scene is pretty dead atm. I'm still practicing tho so I'm waiting for HF-Lan 4 in Paris to get back at it.

It's really nice of you to say, Bieber. I see you're even more active that before, I hope you get results.
Thanks GrazzaB !

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm down, I want some of that famous kk 100 percent natural good time family advice afterwards though. cause i'm pretty bad against sheik and stuff
My advice brings you into dark places within the game where things you cannot fathom exist

Like smart Falcos

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
you're by far my fav puff and while i'm not going to apex i really want to see you get far in the bracket, both singles and doubles, on stream.

Mahone

Smash Champion
wow, thats pretty nice of you... we'll see how rom goes first

i doubt ill do anything good in teams... i don't like the "ill be ur teammate while i look for a better one to dump u for" mentality everyone in my region has, so i don't usually enter teams or i just team with my friends who don't really play that much

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
nice, wasn't sure if you were going to ROM 5 or not. ive got faith in you, you just gotta refine the playstyle you've established a bit more (without gaying it up at all, like hbox is stereotyped of doing).

Mahone

Smash Champion
Bring me to RoM, Mahone. I'll team as a favor (unless I decide to settle for Chillin ofc).
ya ofc

nice, wasn't sure if you were going to ROM 5 or not. ive got faith in you, you just gotta refine the playstyle you've established a bit more (without gaying it up at all, like hbox is stereotyped of doing).
im going to a tourney this weekend, i'll definitely record, and post the vids here, hopefully you can help me out with some critiques

Mahone just needs to inflate his ego and learn to drill combo because it's OP.
i can drill combo consistently, i just think there are better options vs non-floaties most of the time... play ics/peach/puff against me and u'll see those drills all day

Bones0

Smash Legend
Oh, I thought you said something about not being sure how the flip during stun worked (though I guess you could not know how it works and still be able to do it lol). It will combo in Training Mode if I do it right, won't it? I was messing around with it earlier.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
im going to a tourney this weekend, i'll definitely record, and post the vids here, hopefully you can help me out with some critiques
lol like i know how to play better than you do mah0ne. i will however watch the videos multiple times for pleasure and critique them to flatter you if you wish ;)

Mahone

Smash Champion
Oh, I thought you said something about not being sure how the flip during stun worked (though I guess you could not know how it works and still be able to do it lol). It will combo in Training Mode if I do it right, won't it? I was messing around with it earlier.
naw, that must of been someone else... i got this link:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=113022&

it has all the info u need

lol like i know how to play better than you do mah0ne. i will however watch the videos multiple times for pleasure and critique them to flatter you if you wish ;)
naw, i can find mistakes hbox/mango make, no one is perfect... i'm sure you'll find stuff i don't do right...

for example, last time bones critiqued me and it helped... and im like 100x a better player than him :)

Mahone

Smash Champion
Thanks.

Sorry you're still salty about getting exposed by my fraudulent Puff in teams. ;D
hahah god damn it

does ftilt have its legitimate uses mah0ne? most times i see you use it, it doesn't work well or straight misses.
ouch, thats harsh, but true... idk, i think it has a lot of uses, but as you said, im not the best at using it

its pretty trivial either way though, if ur trying to improve and get better, i don't think its even worth thinking about

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i assumed such, but thanks. puff's dtilt is even worse correct? i should never be dtilting?

also, i managed to get a landing uair>utilt>uthrow>techchase rest on platform to a falco yesterday. probably the coolest puff combo i've ever done :)

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
i think d-tilt's useful once and a while, mainly against characters you crouch against. like if you get in against a grounded low % marth and you hit him with a fair or nair and don't get the chance to fadeaway out of his grab range but he's out of your grab range (otherwise just grab him), then you can crouch and wait to see what he does. if you think he's gonna grab you right away then wait for the whiffed grab and punish hard with a rest or something but otherwise you can d-tilt out of your crouch to put some space between you guys and get more stage control. mango's puff used to do this a bunch and i've started using it a little but i don't see many other people do it so i'm not sure if it's actually the best choice in that situation

for f-tilt, low angled f-tilt is great against spacies side-b's and it can catch people trying to double jump sweetspot the ledge. i also like f-tilt after a nair at low to mid-percents where they get hit too far away to follow up with a grab, but a dash attack won't hit them off stage so it's not worth going for. it's also saved my *** from fox's up smash a few times

there's probably a ton more uses for both moves but that's mostly what i use them for

Mahone

Smash Champion
if i were to make a post about dtilt/ftilt... it would have exactly what bieber said lol...

its actually kinda creepy

Smashallday

Smash Rookie
Hey, I've recently changed to be a puff main and I live in an area without a super active smash scene. For spare time/practicing on my own... does anyone have a guide/have recommendations for what should be practiced when you cant play against another person?

Top Bottom