• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

Kantrip

Kantplay
Bardull's claim makes no sense.

Don't like how he was holding out on claiming for so long if he was apparently VT. His posts implied he had a PR he didn't want to out.

And he said before he claimed that he had an unimportant role that he could confirm toNight? Pretty sure doctor is a powerful important role that cannot be confirmed.

At the same time, if it is true it would be really nice for him to protect Levi (or Ami I suppose) and have them alive toMorrow. We wouldn't lose from a mislynch toDay so it may be... safer to still go with Gheb?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ami you buttnerd, take the vote off before I punch you in the nutz.

I did not imply I was PR by not claiming, I was VT trying to get NK'd and also as a means of hiding PRs. I am also legitimately going to have absolutely no time for this game because I am driving up to my university this weekend and beginning classes on the 19th. In fact I am currently using ****ty motel 6 wifi internet to post as we speak. I would rather draw the night kill and clear any silly suspicions regarding my slot because I will have no time for this game and I can't expect anyone to want to fill a slot for a 70 page game. That is why I claimed.

Ya'll need to seriously look over my play this game as well as some of the **** that has gone down. Werekill trying to get me killed by putting me at l-1, and dabuz's bullshiz cop claim and my quick hammer on the slot was not at all scum distancing on my end. Also consider the set up at hand and whether or not the claim fits...there is a distinct lack of PRs and a back up is not at all out of the question. Good gog.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Mb is a poopoo face and zen is keeping me up at night. Fack you zen. Or ran. Damnit.

Ok I'm going to sleep. If I'm dead when I wake up...well I hope you guys don't throw I guess.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
I still am keen on Arcane/BarDulL being the last one. My fear is an endgame with Gova and Potassium. I thought your case on the latter had merit, but I cannot condone much of what the former has done. I am hoping a reread may leave me feeling better about one of them.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
I say go with your gut. Worry about Gova/Potassium after dealing with those two. I would say if between gova and pot, go with pot. It'll only distract us from possibly getting scum. Gova slightly town only because I liked a few of the points he has brought up against Murder and others at certain times. Just things I myself hadn't even thought of bringing up, like Murder switching to J D1, Jex buying Dabuz's claim easily, bardull not verifying his claim early enough, etc. That's it though.

On the Protein night kill, he may have been killed to frame Arcane, since Protein had a problem with him. (Or killed by Arcane himself) That's something to consider.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Vote: Potassium

Tentative. I have yet to reread and am unsure if I will be able to because I received word that a friend is visiting for the weekend; this is better than anything I have for the time being.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think I'm the only player who hasn't claimed.

I'm Milla Rage, VT

I stand by Gheb being scum after Bardull's most recent response.

Upon my flip you will know that you can trust that LEVIATHAN IS TOWN ALIGNED. We had no other investigative role and I have mod confirmation on the letter I received which states Levi is town. Bardull should protect Levi and you guys should lynch Gheb.

I'm flabbergasted that I've responded to Ami's ****ty case on me and they haven't brought up any new points but they still want me. They have been the wishy-washiest slot when it comes to feeding each others paranoia and conspiracy theories and have seriously been a huge distraction. And then when it comes to actually communicating with other players they have been stubborn and unwilling to listen. I hope you two stop hydraing because it was the most frustrating slot to play with.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Day 4

Arcane Inferno - Potassium, Bardull

Potassium - Admidamaru, Leviathan

Bardull - Murderbush

Murderbush - Gova,

Not Voting - Arcane Inferno

--------------------------------------------------

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch
Deadline is August 19, 2014 at 11:59 EST

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
You've yet to lay out your were read progression/oscillation. The way you've dealt with that slot cannot be ignored.

Lol @ appealing raz' paranoia feed comment

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm pretty sure I've laid it out pretty clearly.

His early posts were hella fluffy and scummy.

Then they improved and I started townreading him.

When someone made a case on him (was it you?) I was prompted to reread him. His early posts were once again very grimy. I only reread up to page 8 and thought he was scum based on that.

Never ended up finishing the read but I dropped him off my radar because his posts at the time weren't as bad and he wasn't a focus. I believe the thread was a Murder vs Levi power struggle at that point?

I ended up really conflicted after Bunzy's flip because Werekill and Bunzy didn't seem like a likely team but I saw what people were saying about Were's scumminess, mainly from his early play and lack of proactive scumhunting (which, let me just say, is something Gheb is very guilty of). However I was conflicted on my Werekill read whereas Gova was a slot I really wanted dead for having stances that didn't make any sense to me and for his chronic inaction.

Yeah my read on Werekill was weird, but flipping it back and forth like I did and being so fencesitty about it would be stupid as scum mates.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Do not bother; I am at page 16 and very confident in in the play toDay. I will not be allowing anyone else to be lynched this Day and have the numbers to ensure it. Not to discourage you or be rude, but I do not want you to waste your time should you possibly be nightkilled toNight in the event that I am wrong.

I also think you will be pleased with what I will offer.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I am just going to lay out everything I have noticed about players. There seems to be a lot of different directions being pushed, so maybe someone can get something out of this. I have Bunzy and Werekill in here for the sake of complete interactions and am working under the assumption that there is a 3rd member of the team. I am tracking players' suspicions and at the bottom of the post you will find general observances of the thread.

1. Alakaslam (replaced by Potassium ): Started off the game null. Nothing he says is of note or interest until P138 and P139 in which he says he wants to fight people. He gets mocked, but Alakaslam is from a site in which players are more dependent on real-time interactions as opposed to here where they are likelier to be judged by their post content. I get a slight good feel here, as this is Alakaslam's way of getting involved in the game and developing reads. He does more on the same page as he engages Laundry and J regarding his code of speech and myself, respectively. He pops up again after silence in the Murderbush/Protean fight in P333 where he townreads myself, Amidamaru, and Werekill with a scumread on Protean. Werekill townread is not as strange as Amidamaru makes it out to be; he was active at the time and asking decent enough questions. I do not see the connect he does in this read and see it largely as null with a slight town lean. Alakaslam leaves in P359 which is a shame. I had a slight townlean on him.

Onto Potassium

This slot jumps from one suspicion to the next off of nearly no evidence. I am not going to bother with analysis on this slot due to how poor and unreadable his playstyle is. The only consistent stance has been Arcane as of late. That said...P1632 by him is interesting. He comes to the conclusion that either Bunzy or Werekill should be lynched. I am seriously wondering if ScumPotassium is daring enough to suggest lynching both of his buddies for no reason like this? Oh no, P1753 has him jumping back to Murderbush because of his claim followed by jumping to me in P1783 because reasons, I guess? This came from nowhere. P1889 is better as he goes back to wanting Bunzy, Werekill, Gova, and myself. P2413 he goes back to being paranoid of Murderbush; this guy is ridiculous with the flops.

4. BarDulL: BarDulL says nothing unique until P427 [http://smashboards.com/threads/mafi...ccuring-problem.360822/page-11#post-17071695] wherein he questions Arcane for the post I noted in early game and that Protean questioned. The rest of his stances here are reasonable enough. He later takes issue with JeXs for lack of content; yikes, this is such a bad read to have I cannot help but note it. P603 is good; he follows up on his Arcane suspicion and pushes the slot to answer his earlier questions. He continues with this in P611 and P635. This is great; BarDulL truly cares about this suspect and getting answers from him. P637 is another good post; he says he likes some of Arcane's posts; why does scum say he likes some of his target's posts? It is likelier that the scum will be more consistent with dislike for the sake of having a strong stance, which is what Arcane has been doing. BarDulL looks like a Townie seriously confused with Arcane's approach to the game thus far for good reason, even into P966 and P997. P1002 has him saying he is unsure on Bunzy's alignment completely unprompted; an odd move to make as a buddy. P1394 happens after Murderbush accuses me of being Xonar; BarDulL comes alive and starts pushing for my lynch hard. I wonder why he does this as scum? I see more reason to do it as Town who thinks pieces of meta equated to that of scumplay of a certain player. I am getting strong townvibes from this slot on pages 35 and 36 as he springs into action to lynch me; it reminds me of how bloodthirsty Murderbush was in pursuing my death.

8. Gova: His first suspicion is Protean- and questions him in P275. He actually gets involved in questioning Protean-; I can understand why he asks the questions he does. His next suspicion is me P614 with which he agrees with Murderbush. He calls Protean- Town in P802 and begins to agree with him in Jscum. P823 has him piggybacking off of Murderbush's push against me and agrees to vote with me. P906 he throws out scumreads of myself and J. D2 begins and he suspects Murderbush in P1216 for the nightkill of Protean. This line of inquiry continues in P1289. P1658 Gova comes alive to challenge Murderbush on his claim of having vigged me N1. This disgusts me; it is an easy move to make and has no thought into Murderbush lying which is something completely in the realm of possibility with a slot like his. P1714 has analysis on why Murderbush would fakeclaim vig to lynch me; a 1-on-1 tradeoff that is a reach to me. Why place himself in that position? It is completely unnecessary to do as scum and I have a hard time believing that Gova honestly believes this. Gova calls me scummy on page 56 for taking advantage of the dichotomy between myself and Murder and argues more with him on page 57. P2424 has him speculating Murderbushscum as a result of flavor. This has hit a new level of reach.

10. Murderbush: I do not have much to say about this slot. P1278 is him continuing his push onto me from D1. P1655 has him literally challenging Town to lynch him and that he will not stand for a lynch of Werekill, BarDulL, or Bunzy. I severely doubt he would deflect lynches from both of his partners to this extent as scum. Again, it lacks the subtlety scum tend to have. This goes further in P1890 where he laughs at the notion of a team consisting of him, Bunzy, and Werekill. Hah.

11. #HBC | FrozeηFlame / Gheb_01 hydra: I do not like Frozen's suspicion of J in P215 on grounds that J is being sheepy and "grimy." If J is "grimy" he should be elaborating as to why; being sheepy means nothing without content or analysis. JeXs was sheepy. P365 is bizarre, Arcane [Frozen half] waves away everything has happened due to "Typical [JexS, Zen, Laundry] play" and votes BarDulL due to inactivity and meta that he is playing similar to another game as scum. This is another accusation that has no substance and I do not like it. P543 has him commenting on how there is no SvS between myself, Murder, and Protean. He does not rule out a TvS though; this is about as noncommittal as you can get and allows him to attack any three of our slots at will. This is the beginning of Arcane working Murderbush; he praises an earlier post by the slot as "scumhunty" and calls him Town. I want to note this because Arcane [frozen] later follows Murderbush to the end of the world which is what I think a scum would do at this point in the game to stay out of his way, avoid responsibility, and push mislynches. P548 has him reading null on Amidamaru; this is shocking because of how obviously Town the slot was at this point in the game and I do not like this lack of a stance considering there was so much to work with at the time and he cites meta for the read. This is ridiculous; he has done this to avoid taking stances on multiple slots now. P987 has frozen disliking Amidamaru; this is unbelievably bad play and has me leaning scum more and more. The post gets worse with an attack on J that fails to consider why J has been playing the way he has and he pats Protean on the back for pushing the mislynch as well as Murderbush. He takes the opportunity to take a stab at me and buddies both of those slots more; this is when I am getting a lot of heat for my play. How convenient. P1141 has frozen slinging mud at my slot and continues in P1189. P1556 is good analysis on my relationship with Bunzy; this might be the first good post frozen has made the entire game. P1885 with him wanting Bunzy on my Townflip is a decent post along with looking at both Bunzy and Werekill in P1867. P2300 where Gheb gets annoyed and sort of defends both Gova and Werekill baffles me. I am having trouble knowing if he is really this blind to Werekill at the time or if he saying nonsensical things to muddy Town's read on him. I still have no idea how he is townreading Gova outside of him agreeing with Murderbushscum.

Bunzy: Starts off interacting with Werekill in P100 with a minor question. He asks questions to JeXs, Protean, and Alakaslam as well. He asks Alakaslam if he has a posting restriction. P343 is ripe with information; Bunzy establishes an MO of defending Townies in a townread of Protean and attacks myself and Gova. He says that Gova needs to post more about players outside of Protean; this reminds me of Bunzy saying that I needed to interact with more players in the same post. P346 has him calling Murderbush and Amidamaru Town. P654 has him questioning several players; the interesting thing is that he questions Gova in a similar way to how he questioned J [Town] here. P1192 by Bunzy has him attacking BarDulL with a similar tone that he used when attacking me for most of the game, which is good for BarDulL. This continues in P1203 and P1218. I really think Bunzy's team told him that he was too focused on me D1 and told him to broaden his horizons.

Werekill: P120 by Werekill ["The JeXs wagon doesn't make any sense to me"] is useful in seeing that Werekill likes to defend Townies catching heat. He says Amidamaru and Murderbush are both "cool" in P232. I will note that Werekill says it is "Good to see Gova posting" in 276. I have noticed that Werekill likes to buddy up with Townies; he did as much with JeXs and myself. P363 is another useful post; he is "digging" JeXs and townreads myself, Murder, and Amidamaru. P380 has Werekill stating that he is "digging" my attitude. He comes to defend J in P688 adding to his "defend Townies" strategy. This continues into P806 and P839. P944 has Werekill saying that he is "not feeling" a BarDulL lynch. This is unnecessary for him to say as a buddy at the time; BarDulL was not receiving much heat and Werekill sticking his neck out that far under such little pressure is strange as a buddy. P1731 has him calling Murderbush scum for being anti-town; this makes no sense and is a bizarre enough approach to bussing a buddy that it further reinforces my townread of Murder.

Around page 5-6 is the big fiasco between Murderbush and Protean. This is where the game gets interesting and scum are forced to react to a highly visible event for the first time. This continues into page 9 with Amidamaru, myself, Werekill, and Gova taking issue with him about various things.

Page 10 is another landmark for the game; Murderbush starts his assault on my slot with P372 which lends itself to a lot of friction between me, him, and Amidamaru for a good bulk of the game.

P411 by Protean is a great post. The link is here: http://smashboards.com/threads/mafi...accuring-problem.360822/page-11#post-17070511, Arcane's earlygame was so odd.

P656 verifies that J was not a fan of Arcane's push against his slot. This resonates with me.

Page 18 onwards is where Protean attacks J and the momentum of the lynch swings towards him. Arcane becomes completely silent during this point.

Page 28 is the end of D1. I want to note that besides Bunzy, Arcane and Gova were the most quiet players during the whole lynch.

The top of Page 52 is where JeXs outs himself as the doctor.

Conclusions

Amidamaru is cleared. Murderbush is Town due to how the flipped scum treated him being consistent with how they treated other Townies and the manner in which he strongarmed other lynches over them being completely lacking in subtlety and serves to ruin his team. BarDulL I feel much better about due to how scum treated him as well; there are some pretty heavy disconnects. Potassium looked Town from Alakaslam and if he is scum then he considered bussing his buddies to a pretty far extent; at the same time I cannot say I confidently read him as Town because he shifts his opinions to places they should not be off of weak reasons like how he jumped from me to Murder and back again. Arcane Inferno had a horrendous D1 and D2 from frozen; his suspicions and reasoning for them were horrendous and the way he buddied both Murderbush and Protean [especially after the latter died] made me sick to my stomach. His play improves past that, but I wanted to time travel back to D1 just to lynch him off of those other points I have made. Gova has no right being in anyone's Town pool; he has spent >90% of this game tunneling Murderbush who is Town in a mechanical way and commented on little else.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
FOS: Arcane Inferno
FOS: Gova

Townspeople, my friends. The final phase of this war begins now as we march out to do battle with Arcane and Gova for the next 2 Days. Past that, we have a LYLO with Murder, Potassium, and BarDulL which is winnable enough with some effort and if that costs the lost then I welcome it because I refuse to let Arcane or Gova see endgame with their highly questionable play. I ask for your assistance in choosing the order of these beheadings as we move forward.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Last I checked I haven't changed my alingment halfway through this game. I'm still town and will hopefully not get lynched over such fantastic reasoning as 'he's a poopface' [Bardull], 'I don't like his posts' [Kantrip] or nothing at all [Ami].

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So basically everybody wants me lynched but nobody actually has a reason except Levi because he thinks frozen posts sucked. Anything I can actually defend myself against or are you just gonna go full-****** mode on me?

:059:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@ Dramatic Flair Dramatic Flair

Actually we're not, I don't think. We should still be on Bardull after his post about a lynchpool of us, Kantrip, and Arcane Inferno with Arcane Inferno suddenly in the back in place of Amidamaru's suggestion of Leviathan.
Damnit Raz, it was a compromise with pants on head Ami. You can't deny that Kantrip isn't as highly Town as you guys make him out to be, and you guys've been wrong a lot this game (man just about anyone would be getting jitters regarding your slot after the way you handled Werekill and Dabuz). AI is still my first choice though as I mentioned not too long ago.

In another note, I'm sorta caught up, I read Levi's big ol' post. I honestly hope I'm killed before Lylo to be frank LOL I do not want to be there to make the decision if I have to. I am not against Kantrip/Bardeezy/MB lylo though if it comes down to that (not to flop on my Gova read outta thin air, I thought he was pretty scummy earlier on but liked him more on a WK scum flip). There's something about how WK handled the gova slot though that makes me think Gova could be town. I'll post it later when I have the time (right now I'm about to move into my college apartment :D.)

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
First, it was Ryker, not Raz.

Second, you don't live past LyLo without lynching me if it's you and Kantrip for the same reason I've been stating since the start. I do think Kantrip is town. I don't think he slips on that roleblocker point as scum.

Top Bottom