• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright. With you in there we would be 1 step closer to winning. I dunno about your scum game though.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
i dont know either but my playstyle here isnt even the same as my typical one, i lack the attention span

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
well I like it because sometimes you have townreads but you realize that they may be scum and you lynch them when they are scummy

for example, joey in zombie maf

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ey bunzy get rekt I stayed on you cuz I knew you were scum yo

also hey you do the same questioning i do don't complain! :mad088:

plus when you are town with me you'd still have your own questions so :shyguy:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
you know I'd put my life on the line when you are town so it all checks out man

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Overall this was a really fun game! It was tiring at times but I did enjoy myself. Big thanks to @ Rockin Rockin for hosting! Again, I sincerely apologize for my outburst on Day 1. It was a combination of a terrible lecturer + ran's constant barrage of questions that made me explode lol. I'll try to not let it happen again, no guarantees though!
If there was one thing I noticed in the game (aside from Werekill and Bunzy being a bit too out in the open as far as suspicion/presence, it's that you was getting grilled so hard, and you was showing your frustration. While I knew it'd suck, I also knew it'd make you into a better player as you'd be able to handle pressure in the future. Props to you for not using the 'newb card' on people

as far as my thoughts, I havn't really been reading. Game was going by pretty fast as far as pages. However, if you give me some time, I can try and do a thorough read on everything.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Regarding Laundry's post on meta, I agree with its sentiment but probably not to the extent he does. J actually does play D1 despite what he says [I just played a game with him where he was caught as scum on D1; the read is doable once you get past the surface level aspect of his low involvement and he is helpful to Town when he is of that alignment], and there are probably other examples in there that are wrong and hopefully get no traction should it be put to practice.

Murderbush, the only conscious changes in my play D3 were to defend you from mislynch-happy Townies and open up my play to find scum past Bunzy. It happened to be a lynchpool which would eventually match with yours. We would have been on the same page for the majority of the game would you have put in effort to read Bunzy right instead of copping out due to laziness. You trying to justify the rift you created between us when purposely ignoring a piece of evidence [Bunzy's posts which would lead to his alignment] that would shed light on me is silly.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
If fetching quotes explaining your wrong thought process in a game that is over when neither of us will change from it is your idea of productivity, then feel free. Way to ignore my point too.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That's some bull****. I acknowledge that we chose not to read Dabuz and that was a contributing factor to our friction. But to push the blame solely on us is absolute nonsense. It also bothers me that you are acting like we are the only one who was scumreading you, when you were very nearly lynched on Day 1, having votes from 4 different Townies just before the lynch swung to J. (Murderbush, Gova, Bardull and Ami)

On Day 1 we didn't like you because of how you set up Protean -> Dabuz regardless of their alignments. We were Town-reading Protean at that point, and you wanted to lynch him and then Dabuz if Protean flipped Town. This was in our 606. We further elaborated on our dislike for your slot in our 829.

Day 2 you had amazing reads at the start (looking at your lynch pool), but then Dabuz made a case on Bardull and you veered off and voted Bardull, calling him 'one of the scummiest slots' out of nowhere, and added that your lynch pool for the day was Bardull, Dabuz and Murderbush.

You then decide to deal with the pressure from us by making posts like 1283 and THESE:

Vote BarDulL. Do what you want. Murderbush cannot do anything about it and is not in a position of authority here. Keep your votes placed as we push this through.
"If you don't agree with me, you're hopeless" - Murderbush, The Open-Minded
Your slot, Amidamaru, and Protean- have been pushing terrible mislynches since D1. It only gets worse with trying to off someone who can clear himself. It stops now.

More weaksauce from Murderbush that demonstrates he is not reading the game and just tunneling me. Yes Murderbush, it is really convenient of me to push a lynch that literally everyone in the game besides me is ignoring. That is such an easy path for me to take.

This is your leader, Town?
Murderbush, you are really bad at mafia.
"Hear me Town! Mislynch me!
I will not even stand for a lynch on another slot I think is scum!"

Your leader, Town. When this game ends like Mario Party 2, League of Legends, Final Fantasy VIII, or any other game where Ryker is at the forefront throwing it harder than a professional shot put player, do not ask what went wrong.
You cannot take such an antagonist approach to Day 2 and then tell me it was solely OUR fault. I simply will not let you do that.

There is a damn good reason you were almost lynched TWICE.

Like, ****, man. Overall you played well, and your reads were mostly on point, but where do you get off acting like the friction between us had nothing to do with you?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
i think his point was that his play barely changed from d2 to d3
I really don't agree with that either, because he didn't make a single post like the ones I quoted on D3. From my perspective at least, he basically turned from an asshole into an angel.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Regarding Laundry's post on meta, I agree with its sentiment but probably not to the extent he does. J actually does play D1 despite what he says [I just played a game with him where he was caught as scum on D1; the read is doable once you get past the surface level aspect of his low involvement and he is helpful to Town when he is of that alignment], and there are probably other examples in there that are wrong and hopefully get no traction should it be put to practice..
Don't get me wrong, I've played with J on D1. I know he can do it, he just lacks motivation or struggles to get his feet wet or some bull****. That's fine and dandy--he posted here more than slots like Bardull, Alakaslam, and even yourself and Werekill in this game alone. I never pushed his slot for that ****, I wagoned him because what he was posting was absolute ****, even if you're right that the motivation was, in hindsight, not really scum-fueled. What bothers me is that he instantly diverted to meta as soon as we pressured him as if that was the meat of our case and that type of crap is why I made that post.

That wasn't to singlehandedly call out J though I am still irked J felt obligated to try to defend his play this game to me after he died. He was just the poster child of it this game.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
You cannot take such an antagonist approach to Day 2 and then tell me it was solely OUR fault. I simply will not let you do that.
No, I already did and will continue doing so regardless of your efforts.

You being one among others to scumread me is irrelevant; no one else is running into the thread trying to defend their wrong read outside of you. The amount of people wanting to mislynch a slot does not mean that lynch was justified; everyone wanted to lynch you as well post-Bunzy flip but they were still wrong to want that. You are the one who sparked the Leviathan hate. You are the one repeatedly telling everyone how urgent, vital, and important it is to mislynch me or that Town will lose. I am holding you accountable and have no intention on letting you wiggle out of responsibility or allow anyone else to feel any sort of pity or understanding of your play before D3.

I do not care that you did not like me setting up between Bunzy and Protean-; there was scum between them and I backed off of Protean- eventually. You did not like it because you were townreading Protean and failed to consider that you - having played dozens of games with him more than anyone else - would be better at getting a read on him. It was not a coincidence that you were the first to townread him. P829 says nothing but show that you have no understanding of how to read Bunzy as scum.

Yes, I switched to BarDulL because I thought he was scummy. I am not going to pull a Murderbush and pout about how I was still right to scumread him though; I was wrong and left him alone when it mattered. My lynch pool at that point is irrelevant for the same reason.

As for the antagonizing nature of my posts; I meant every word of it and would do it again. If you want to spend the first two Day phases trying to lose the game and be a blind man to scum, then I will do everything in my power to ensure that the rest of Town throws your credibility out of the window on my flip. Thankfully, you were successful in doing that to yourself on the Bunzy flip. I changed from an "asshole to an angel" because I was forced to try and remove all doubt from your slot as a scum suspect with a lynchpool that would have matched yours had you not blindly tunneled; I just said this.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Welp kinda saw the curtains comin on this game. GG town

This game was definitely tough. I had a really hard time determining the best way to push the town this game to get MLs. Town had a very unique dynamic this game with a lot of loud TvT early on that was hard to really jump in on in a way that looked genuine. We had some opportunities that we couldve run with as scum to secure the MLs that were on the table but we didn't capitalize. And on top of that we just weren't able to utilize bus opportunities well at all to get ourselves out of lynch pools, which obviously brought the curtains much more quickly.

Honestly I was rather frustrated at the way the game was playing out because of the way people were connected this game. It felt really difficult to make moves that could move town's scrutiny away from our team and on to town players. This is kinda tough for me to articulate but I really just felt super constrained this game, like I didn't have many good plays to make given the way town was reading itself.

That's definite due in part to my own shortcomings though. I didn't play a strong game and it showed. @Gheb_01 deserves a special apology from me for not pulling my weight this game. I definitely didn't play to the level you deserve to get out of a hydra partner and I want to apologize for that. I can def understand if you don't want to hydra with me again but the offer is absolutely open on my end if you want to give AI another shot. I think our hydra has some serious potential. Im sure you don't wanna hear all my RL johns to explain me dropping off the face of the earth in the endgame so I'll spare you that and just say that I ****ed up and want to make it up to you at some point if the opportunity presents itself.

Shoutouts to @Werekill and @ Dabuz Dabuz for fightin the good fight. Things didn't work out all that well for us this game unfortunately, and even though we weren't really able to execute on what we really planned to do, we didn't really just roll over. We were up against a pretty tough town roster that very much carved out its own path. We didn't have much room to get in and mess with their focus. Hopefully we'll get another shot at scum together sometime and we can try to improve our collective scum play. Again, apologies to the both of you for not really carrying my weight.

All vanilla setup is pretty bleh but can't really ***** about balance. Friendly neighbor + doc with scums only answer being RBer is overcentralizing IMO which is really the only bad thing you can have happen in a mostly mountainous setup. Didn't ruin the game but can't say I was thrilled by the design. @ Rockin Rockin did a solid job hosting though. Sleepover games are always a fun time!

Idk if anyone already posted the scum QT but hmu if you want it. I can link it.

And idk if this has been answered or if people even still give a **** but did we ever resolve the who is Leviathan controversy?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
All vanilla setup is pretty bleh but can't really ***** about balance. Friendly neighbor + doc with scums only answer being RBer is overcentralizing IMO which is really the only bad thing you can have happen in a mostly mountainous setup. Didn't ruin the game but can't say I was thrilled by the design. @ Rockin Rockin did a solid job hosting though. Sleepover games are always a fun time!
I appologize. I could've gave the flavor cop more shots, but I was unsure whether it'd be too powerful not, especially considering all but one was a one shot. =/

Top Bottom