• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Again, xonie I liked your playstyle and of course respect you for it son. Never experienced a town xonar like that, I like it alot.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ranmaru what is your point about me being town? I enjoy scum play far more than town play. Not that I do not enjoy town play at all (the methods of arcane magicks shalt be learning the uncommon knowledge via the Hapahaulic house of brown) but generally a town pm is a bit of a downer.
Aw man for shame. Town > Scum yo. My point is that I'm glad you were town. I will be more cautious of you in the future because I ignored you in Diablo Maf, and then you tried to scumread me there. NOT BRO at all. I will remember that forever. REMEMBER THAT.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
mfw JeXs meat liking laundry machine

@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry I'm not being condescending in the slightest, and I don't think I'm better than anyone.
Naw I don't believe this **** when you walk into post-game and say "man I lost drive because Protean was playing JUST THAT BAD GUYS". That's a one-way trip into being disregarded because it's just that dickish. If you legitimately wanted to talk to me, take it to PMs or some **** and do not ****ing single me out in a game filled with problem children. You're missing this key point in it all.

I really do think that your play was very bad.
And I believe you're consistently one of the most inconsistent players in this game with a penchant for constant anti-town plays and absolutely uncalled for dickish statements but I don't single you out in every postgame for it.

This is 100% peer constructive criticism. My goal is for you to play better, not to just rail on you for no reason. I don't care about your ego, and I don't care about mine.
All of this is straight-up bull****.

You have to let people do their thing sometimes and you have to consider the other side of things.
If you had just said this, and nothing else, I would've been much more prone to listen to you. Instead, you simply ******* about me in every single post you made in post-game and it set me off. If you weren't such a ****ing **** I would've been so much more inclined to actually take your criticism in stride and consider it. Instead, you whine about me and then single me out as if I'm the massive problem of this game and that's the furthest of the truth.

And here's the funny thing: I play this game trying to think of things from all angles. I'm often wrong because I lack information and only that--the game becomes crystal to me by about d2 or d3 and I see enough of the interactions going on. I'm currently working on my approach because it's not been working for me recently and players are very ****ing prone to misunderstanding my objectives. That's a legitimate problem on my part, not on the rest of town's, and it's something that I need to improve but I'm not going to respond well to the type of bull**** you pulled here. That just sets me off and makes me pissed at you.

You completely stopped me from getting anything out of RVS.
Because I thought it was either scummy or a waste of time. The hilarious thing is that I tried something stupid like that in past games and people scumread me or got on my damn case for it for the same damn **** (MMU, F&L2). I can't ****ing win.

Each time someone made a push you disagreed with, you would go aggro on that player instead of letting them try and get something out of their push (ie a read on the person they are pushing).
False.

I'm not just talking about your side either, but gorf as well such as when he tried stopping me from pushing Werekill on Day 1.
I don't remember this. I actually was inclined to believe it because I had noted something off about Werekill but let it go.

You spent half a dozen pages of tunnel aggression on J. That was just unnecessary and counterproductive.
"Guys it's unnecessary and counterproductive to spend time pushing the read you made because you're convinced he's scum and you don't buy the other popular lynch, bonus points because you did it towards the end of the phase. Don't play like that, don't go hard on your scumreads, that's not good."

**** that noise.

You made the game all about you. No one else's opinions mattered.
No I took other people's opinions into account but I was angry at this game D1 for a lot of reasons so I was a lot more aggressive.

You felt J needed to die off of your preconceived notion of how he should be playing,
no

and that was that. Dialogue > Monologue.
Duh

Now **** out of here and stop talking to me. I don't give a **** for your opinion because you frame it in condescending bull**** and even then you're not even right about half the **** you're saying about me, so stop trying.

@ #HBC | ZoZo #HBC | ZoZo I respect your desire to remain anonymous, but at this point it's a tad bit of sillyness. Regardless, I believe that there are enough people who actually believe that you are probably not Leviathan for you to continue on your charade.
He's not actually Levi.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Aw man for shame. Town > Scum yo. My point is that I'm glad you were town. I will be more cautious of you in the future because I ignored you in Diablo Maf, and then you tried to scumread me there. NOT BRO at all. I will remember that forever. REMEMBER THAT.
SSON I was belial

Te lord of lies

Was bamciss

I deceive terribly but I like giving advice in the qt. My mind works better to confuse than to discover; not always useful, unfortunately. I just say what would confuse me and BAM

Scum victory.

That game pride was our downfall though and KOC fite this Kush

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh. Now can you actually talk about me man. Plz tho for real. and frickin respond to me damn it

JeXs

Smash Champion
@ Alakaslam Alakaslam - I don't understand you lol. Sorry

@Potassium - Not much to say here. You don't leave much of an impression to me :( Maybe that's a sign that I have to look at you more.

@#HBC | Leviathan - From my POV you played amazing! I still don't know why murder and the others scum read you initially lol. The only time I really had any doubts about you was Day 1 when most people were confident in you being scum while I was not so confident in my own read. It was great fun to play with you though! Thanks for the comments and yes, we were definitely best friends this game lol.

@#HBC | Amidamaru - It was a little tough to differentiate the both of you. From what I could tell it was Zen early Day 1 and then most Ran from then on lol. Day 1 and bits of Day 2 were exhausting to play for me to say the least. Combine that with the fact that everyone posts when I'm asleep is worse lol. I always wake up to a ton of posts and have to slowly read through them while on the way to school or something. Was still fun to play this game though! Just stop with your theories(they were absurd)!

@ BarDulL BarDulL - Poop face/totoro guy lol. I don't get why you think I was trying to piss you off because I most definitely had no such intention. Personally don't like your play very much as most of it was calling other slots "poop face".

@Gova - Not much of an impression here too :p I didn't really understand your pushes, that's about it.

@mUrDErBUSh - BURDERMUSH

@Arcane Inferno - If you were more active I think the game would have went very differently lol. I think you could be a very strong force in any game you play as whichever alignment.

@Werekill - It was fun to play with you! I really enjoyed you coming to my side and being nice with advice and stuff. Too bad you were scum though. We should both be town next game we play!

@#HBC | J - Sorry that I had to get you lynched. Don't have much to say here but I do enjoy playing with you(the mini was fun too).

@Protean- - It was great fun playing with you and talking in the graveyard! You tend to post first impressions a lot as Levi mentioned earlier and I personally don't think it's a bad thing at all, letting people know what you think of first impression can be useful. Your hyper posting at time could get a little tedious to read at times though. I'm fine with it though :p

@ Dabuz Dabuz - As you could probably tell, I was pretty annoyed at you not reading the thread lol. Had you claimed cop on levi the game would have gone very differently and probably result in a scum win.

Overall this was a really fun game! It was tiring at times but I did enjoy myself. Big thanks to @ Rockin Rockin for hosting! Again, I sincerely apologize for my outburst on Day 1. It was a combination of a terrible lecturer + ran's constant barrage of questions that made me explode lol. I'll try to not let it happen again, no guarantees though!

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
But instigation is not wise.

Allow folks to chill; even setting aside grievance because once you do that there is this victory

You cease to care about the grievance

And pretty soon all is cool (except Huntington that place will give you skin cancer)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Because I thought it was either scummy or a waste of time. The hilarious thing is that I tried something stupid like that in past games and people scumread me or got on my damn case for it for the same damn **** (MMU, F&L2). I can't ****ing win.
Actually this was another reason why I felt you were scum. But I think I already mentioned this and you stated you were wrong anyways. But yeah I think you should let it play out first before you would oppose us.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Sorry Zen, I really am trying to value the things you're saying, it's just the way you did it just made me so incredibly mad that I am just far more intent to ignore you trying to help because it came off as being condescending. Give me a bit to cool down, alright?

:186:

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Jex it is simply an acquired skill, I use the Englishes of enigma and Yodic oddity. I use associative language with obscure reference while throwing in Apple typos and occasional utterly meaningless words to achieve ultimate if you don't understand me it shouldn't matter status.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Jex it is simply an acquired skill, I use the Englishes of enigma and Yodic oddity. I use associative language with obscure reference while throwing in Apple typos and occasional utterly meaningless words to achieve ultimate if you don't understand me it shouldn't matter status.
bahahahahahaha no worries there! I do it at times too(not here obviously).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@ Alakaslam Alakaslam

@#HBC | Amidamaru - It was a little tough to differentiate the both of you. From what I could tell it was Zen early Day 1 and then most Ran from then on lol. Day 1 and bits of Day 2 were exhausting to play for me to say the least. Combine that with the fact that everyone posts when I'm asleep is worse lol. I always wake up to a ton of posts and have to slowly read through them while on the way to school or something. Was still fun to play this game though! Just stop with your theories(they were absurd)!

Overall this was a really fun game! It was tiring at times but I did enjoy myself. Big thanks to @ Rockin Rockin for hosting! Again, I sincerely apologize for my outburst on Day 1. It was a combination of a terrible lecturer + ran's constant barrage of questions that made me explode lol. I'll try to not let it happen again, no guarantees though!
Lol my theories. **** man. **** me and my theories. Anyways, sorry about that. Indeed. Games in the future between us shall go better. I'll just try to observe you better and I have meta of you now. Hehehe. Just try to be less passive though. If I see passiveness I'll think pr/scum.

Also about the outburst... I forgot about that. I thought it was faked. xDDDDDDDD Sorry man I didn't know. Jexytron you know.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@ Rockin Rockin :

Thanks for hosting! Like I said, I enjoyed the setup!! :D Now can you give your host thoughts on the players? :D

JeXs

Smash Champion
What's wrong with being passive? I think I tend to approach every game differently although I do not know how I approach them :p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Maybe it's our fault, actually. Just do what you have been doing from D2 and on. There was less of that D1. It's probably because you were defending from us mostly. Sorry. But yeah, just a little bit of proactiveness.

Like voting. Or re-voting. Sheeping your townreads like Levi was good, although it's hard to read you if you are only sheeping. Consider that. :p

you voted dabuz

but that doesn't count cuz it was too early :mad088: vote him more

Last edited:

JeXs

Smash Champion
Maybe it's our fault, actually. Just do what you have been doing from D2 and on. There was less of that D1. It's probably because you were defending from us mostly. Sorry. But yeah, just a little bit of proactiveness.

Like voting. Or re-voting. Sheeping your townreads like Levi was good, although it's hard to read you if you are only sheeping. Consider that. :p
Funny thing is Zen said I was townie Day 1 and scummy Day 2.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I don't get what he was talking about lol. But he managed to town read you and bardull eventually so. Hmm.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I had a hard time reading Bardull. My last scum pick was between him and Arcane.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No I did too at the end no worries. I feared we chose the wrong one.

Btw Bardull I honestly don't think the silly persona works for you on forums man. It gets you lynched more than it should get you listened to. Your true core is the guy who is level headed and gives all his opinions and is townie as FUCCCCCCK and is just ... I dunno. Like in irl mafia. Like... so chill.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
This game was pretty lulzy because both sides for the most part played lackluster, here's my thoughts of the game:

Honestly, going into D2 I didn't even remember exactly why anyone was scum reading Levi besides his awful jump from Protean (?) to me early D1, surprised he was still a lynch candidate D2. I guess that was largely the result of MB being really obv. town and then being super stubborn about lynching Levi. Levi's reads were extremely on point.

I only skimmed D3 + D4, but i'm surprised anyone was questioning MB's alignment when his thoughts were so laid out and sensible this entire game while having good answers to everything.

J's lynch was dumb in the sense that his play was scummy, but his intent was too obvious for him to be scum, but to me it seemed more like town making a point that just because J doesn't like to play D1 and that's his meta, he can't get a free pass. I really wanted to jump on J's wagon but couldn't really find the justification too.

JeXs being doc was unfortunate, I remember trying to set up a connection between me and JeXs on my flip but AFAIK no one on the scum team really tried to utilize that, doesn't matter because doc claim with no NK on N2 basically auto cleared him. In retrospect NKing Ami on N2 was amazingly dumb considering with my scum flip, he was basically cleared and IMO scum should always play under the assumption there is a protective role and the most obv. town person will never get NKed unless there is reason to believe otherwise.

I'm surprised Werekill lasted to D3 (no offense), this could just be my scum team perspective kicking in, but he seemed really obv. scum to me, from his lack of direction on everything to his insistence on me being scum without ever trying to explain it, and overall just being around without doing much; if he wasn't RBer I probs would have bussed him for lots of town cred :3

Playing with Amidamaru (well, the Ranmaru head) is rough. He posts so much, sooooooo much and as scum, I can't find it in me to read the 1000+ posts D1s he creates and when he's asking every question under the sun, it's very difficult to blend in with pro-town looking directions. As a sidenote, even as town I probs would have been less active this game than normal just because of the sheer amount of content.

The cop-claim was my plan from D1, well actually post 300-something. Initially I was going to declare a "guilty" on Levi if pressure mounted on me since I think one more ML would of secured the game for scum and town was eating up Levi-scum so hard, but it was either Gheb or Frozenflame (IIRC) who told me that was too convenient of a cop result, hence the very random "guilty" on Bardull when it was too late. Next time i'm just going to trust in my own plans more.

I did also try to setup Bardull looking scummy on my scum-flip (hence the vote drop once he hit L-1) but sadly it looks like not enough people bought it and in fact that was part of my demise at the way end.

Surprised Gova wasn't really pressured more about his lack of content D1 and D2.

Sadly Arcane seemed to got picked off just by PoE, with the group of Ami/ Levi/ MB/ JeXs being obv. town D4, it was kind of GG.

As much as I think vanilla setups are good, it's much harder to get really invested into them for me compared to PR or Flavor heavy setups.

Anyway, GG town; Ami and Levi played very well.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I still really enjoy your play ashemu

you should join marshy's game as it'll be my last for a whileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'll probably make a longer and more detailed post later, but for now I really just want to ask..... really?

Did people not notice the literal night and day that Levi's play was between D1/D2 and D3?

Literally had one of those 4th panel moments going into Day 3 when he was suddenly the only one making ANY sense. His tone changed completely and suddenly he was the only one suggesting directions we agreed with. We spent like 6 hours doing a committed re-read of the entire game before we re-evaluated our read on that slot.

I feel like people are knocking our play a little too much as a result of the fact that the scumteam attached themselves to our coattails because we happened to be wrong on one SINGLE read. (Leviathan)

We ignored Dabuz Day 1. Neither of us like reading his posts because we're both ****ing awful at pulling his actual motivations out of the walls of text. We pursued more pressing reads we were confident on.

We did the same thing Day 2. We were so confident in Levi scum that we got hella tunnel-visioned.

Day 3, we weren't even really pushing away from Werekill. At that point we had our PoE pool pretty much entirely correct. We had it down to AI/Gova/Werekill as our pool, in that order. Ryker was not as happy about Bardull, but I was town-reading him because of his play around Dabuz.

At that point literally the only reason we had to be scum-reading slots like Gova and Bardull was because they were somehow coming to conclusions like 'Murderbush is scum' and 'I think we should lynch Murderbush and then Leviathan.' I wouldn't have ever second-guessed my Bardull read if he hadn't said stupid **** like that. (Not the previous quote, that was Gova. I just mean similarly crazy-stuff)

Like, after Gova posted that on Day 3, I just kinda stared dumbfounded at it. Like. That's double-ML of the century. And it lined up with us thinking AI was scum for similar positions.

Ryker and I came into this game with a sincere and honest plan to be 95% transparent in our posts. We kept a complete and detailed explanation for literally every read we posted. Every time we did a major catch-up, we gave you a paper trail. We played the mediator and kept Alex from getting himself ML'd Day 1. We had by far the most constructive interactions in the game with Ami (and later Levi on D3), save for perhaps Ami/Levi after Ran stopped listening to us. (Which was ****ing INFURIATING)

The only reason we pulled the vig claim at ALL was because we were convinced that Town was just not listening. We felt we had tried our hardest to put everything on the table and make it clear, and we still weren't getting the traction we needed, despite many slots expressing distaste for Levi anyway.

Yes, we were wrong. I do not try to escape that fact. But I don't think it is surprising that we were wrong, given Levi's D1 and D2 play. Levi literally played every scumbag trick in the book to try to undermine us and ****-sling at slots that weren't co-operating with him. It was straight out of Gheb's 'How to attempt to escape your own lynch by calling everyone morons and getting lynched anyway' Manifesto. To us, that was the 100%. We weren't looking at Dabuz because we felt there was no possible way we could be wrong on Levi, based on the play presented to us.

Then I guess he realized that, because he completely 180'd his play to the point that we had to re-evaluate the entire game.

That's my rant for now. More **** later probably.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Raz, how are we always right on each other, LOL. Drew almost ALWAYS wants to kill me ROFL, but you just knew. Quit haxing my account. Sorry that I was about to compromise towards your slot, but I really did want Gheb first and foremost, and the math was looking like if Gheb wasn't it, then you had to have been putting on a good performance. As an aside, I almost always read you as Town, but I'm so untrusting of Drew sometimes, LMFAO.

Ryker Aka Drew - omg we always misread each other kinda sorta gog damnit. Ah well. I think you played well despite some wrong turns because with those wrong turns we were able really able to read the other slots (and your slot as well). I was only willing to compromise to you when the math was just not adding up if Gheb didn't flip scum, but I had you as Town for like 95% of the game.

Ran, it's all good regarding the sleep thing lel, and I honestly legit felt Gova was a place we needed to check out a bit because his actions and connections couldn't be immediately excused. It was only after the Werekill flip that I knew he was legit. I gotta check every stone before I can let people off the hook. You do the same thing whether you realize it or not. Regarding my persona, the lulzyness is an expression of the soul man, sometimes I just need to be a troll online. I troll offline as well, lel, but yeah I'm a bit more serious and level headed offline. I don't think it's a bad thing though. People just have to get used to it I guess (unless it's legitimately a problem but I don't think it is).

GJ Zen, I had you and Ran as Town all game. Very GJ on Werekill and at least tentatively moving me away from Gova for the WK lynch to go through.

JeXs, yeah you're a bit gullible at times, but things worked out. By the time D2 was rolling around I had a pretty solid read on you mostly because I really understood your train of thought beyond the surface level. All I can say is, you should never trust a cop claim right off the bat just because it's a cop claim, OR buy into a players' performance simply because they may have charisma or surface-level strength/confidence. Looking forward to seeing you in future games.

Levi, GJ. I don't have much to say. I definitely want to play another game with you though since I still feel like I don't have a good feel for you yet. We'll see, maybe if we both have time.

Washed/Gorf - I thought you guys were really townie by the end of D1. Unfortunatly you guys weren't protected, but luckily you guys were able to help out in lynching Dabuz, so kudos.

Dabuz - I am never going to just put you on the backburner again, LOL! I knew right when you claimed a Cop guilty on me you were ultra scum, because the plausibility of me somehow getting framed or being miller was just so improbable considering how you treated my slot the entire phase unless it really was phenominal cop play (but the presumed bardull guilty crumb would have been too ambiguous to stand out upon a legitimate dabuz town flip IMO). People were sorta buying into it though, and I knew I just had to quick hammer you before things got dumb. It wasn't a bad last ditch effort though on your end.

Werekill - I started catching on towards the end, luckily Zen/Ran were on your ass like virgins in the Spring lelelel. I thought your reactions were pretty good in general, I guess the crux of the problem was that you seemed to lack direction and was mostly looking to appease for self-preservation? Maybe being too safe when it came to throwing down votes? I was definitely thrown off a bit by the distancing between you and Dabuz though, in hindsight it was a bit out of place but it still worked.

Arcane - I thought all of your content was great early on, but that scum read on me I think is what kinda lead to your doom, sorta. It was just so bizarre considering the lengths your slot was willingly going to make me out to be scum, and by the time WK/Dabuz had flipped, you were definitely without a doubt my go-to. I think that quick hammer on WK also sealed your fate a bit, but I understand why you did it. Maybe you could have tried being more pro-active with your MB/Bard pushes instead, those would have been great mislynches. I think another problem is that you'd talk a lot, but didn't have as much sway as you'd have liked to have, which is why I ended up not getting bodied for the most part. That's something I need to work on as well.

Alakaslam, you were a bit interesting in the beginning, but I was reading you as SUPER town mostly because of how open you were being with your mindset, and how there was no way a scum team was letting you do that, lol.

Potassium aka Kantrip, I thought you played fine. A little flip floppy though, and IDK why MB/Levi were super convinced of you being Town honestly. They probably know you better than I do I guess, and I guess I also think you're capable of putting on a similar performance as scum, so take that as a compliment, lel. Anyway, GJ.

@J - I wish you had been more active before Levi could hammer you, but owell, stuff happens.

Gova - I always get a little worried about you because you don't exhibit an especially large presence in comparison to some of the other slots. I think we're both backgroundish players in that sense in a way, but I think we both have the capacity to voice ourselves when we need to which is ultimately why I turned away from you nearing the end of the game (alongside the way WK had been treating your slot I suppose, but I really did start valuing your input a lot toward late game).

GGs

Last edited:

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
As someone who has built a reputation, if it gets you mislynched, it won't stop. I won't stop. I doubt J will stop if he doesn't get it. Wait till you meet Overswarm. I doubt Gheb will take kindly to you. There's a slew of other players. Believe me, the only curse will be that there will be a list of slots who refuse to sign-up with you or refuse to play the game until you are lynched.

You're a detriment as is and you should drop it now before someone choke slams you.
All the likes on this scheet post reminded me.

Nah fux this I do not return. If ppl so STOOPID that they can't adjust to an odd meta why cramp their crawl space.

Last edited:

Ashemu

Smash Ace
All the likes on this scheet post reminded me.

Nah fux this I do not return. If ppl so STOOPID that they can't adjust to an odd meta why cramp their crawl space.
if i played in a game w/u id be happy to adjust by lynching you d1 for opsting like scum =)

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
if i played in a game w/u id be happy to adjust by lynching you d1 for opsting like scum =)
I actually convince people I am townie much more easily as scum.

This is why I will not cramp the crawl space- y'all can't hack a rarity of the nets on this level.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Well it works out

Last edited:

Ashemu

Smash Ace
also sorry ran i dont really want to commit to anything new at the moment :X

Top Bottom