• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Okay. We're both here, and are starting just before Dabuz's claim, and then forward from there.

We are going to wait and post at the end, but feel the need to post a couple of things as we go, the first of which you'll see immediately following this post.

Know that at THIS point, although it may change upon reading through, the core reads we're functioning with are TownBush, TownAmi..... and TownLevi. Again, you're going to get all of our reads at the end, along with detailed explanations, as we've been doing this entire game.

So cool your jets on yelling about specifics, and know that the Leviathan read (which definitely looks out of place) will be explained.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I guess Murder really isn't up anymore? Ugh.

Vote: Bunz
The timing of this post was prior to Dabuz's claim and on the cusp of a Leviathan lynch.

Werekill realized how futile his vote on Murderbush was, and switched his vote to Dabuz, who had Leviathan and Jexs voting for him.

This seems like a really weird time for to throw down a bussing vote, when you could drop hammer on Leviathan or leave your vote parked on Murderbush without letting the Dabuz wagon gain traction.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
good; glad you remember; please find the bolded for me because i couldnt;

also, i don't know who "him" is referring to in your post; im assuming it's murderbush and if it is; i didn't have a problem with him until that unvote which was at deadline and which i was not even here for; so there was no way i could have brought it up day 1;

also lets bring up that dichotomy you love so much again; you say that it's the kind of thing that scum love to take advantage of; yet you still find the person who set that very same dichotomy up as town; i know you already explained this but lets explore further;

you're also taking advantage of this dichotomy by using it to call me scum; and i guess you're also calling werekill scum too because of his play around murder's fakeclaim even though i don't see how he was apart of it; i dont ever recall him saying that ONE of you had to be scum; i dont recall saying that either but i'll have to go back and check

so now we have 4 people involved in this dichotomy; one of which is yourself and murderbush who you think is town; and you know your own alignment; then you're pushing werekill and i for taking part in it and calling us scum

how are you even doing this; at best this would be a null tell already but maybe in your world people get special exceptions and you get to take advantage of this dichotomy by using it to call me scum; and maybe my analogies are wrong but we had another dichotomy between dabuz and bardull; which would have and DID land us a scum; clearly scum was taking advantage of that obv

but what do i know; im obviously an idiot as has been implied by various people
Look at the bolded. I do not think Gova deflects to scum Werekill like that. In addition, look back to what we said about Werekill. Him moving his vote was weird, it was in such a convenient place to sit around and do nothing with, or take the slightly riskier route, and remove Leviathan with.

Around the same timeframe, Gova left his vote sitting where it would do no good, and offers to hammer Leviathan (prior to Dabuz's claim), which would do as much as possible to absolve himself of responsibility of the hammer vote.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I guess there are some contradictions to my reads yesterDay in it but **** it:

Most likely scum: Bardull, murder
Null: Jexs, Werekill, Kantrip
Town: Gova, ami

Levi is a bit of a special case and I can't really categorize him at all. At this point he'd still make sense to me with virtually every alignment but it'll depend on flips and connections more than anything else.

ECH. What is this readslist?

Come on my *****. You can't sit on a half-million nulls at this point in the game. Especially when you have Gova as Town.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Levi I hope you have a good reason for thinking Bardull vs Arcane is SvT past "they're both so scummy, one of them has to be scum!" I'd love to hear it.

I don't see why you want to leave Gova right now. You think he's likely town all of a sudden?

Kantrip

Kantplay
On Murder: I'm feeling like he had blinders on and was frothing at the mouth to lynch Levi. I can't see any real scum intent behind his fake claim, and his tunneling at Levi made him just assume people Levi disliked that Day were town just because Levi was against them. Null starting to move to town, I don't see how he's the play today. I'm reading it all as him being flat out wrong.

Bardull... I'm getting a headache thinking of his quickhammer. It's riddled with wifom if looked at deeper, and I'm just going to ignore it. His attempt to push against Gova was pretty crappy toDay though, that's for damn sure. I can see him being the play today, but I want more time to collect my thoughts and see a bit more from him.

Potassium, I have a question. Why did you have a "reflex vote" to Bunz after the claim, putting him to l-1 when the claimed guilty wasn't already on the wagon? You had ZERO reason to do this, especially since there wasn't even a counter claim.
Because his claim was mad grimy and when he claimed it I had no recollection of him even pushing Bardull at all. You'd think a cop with a guilty would go hard on their guilty at least, if not out it. When I realized he did push Bardull a bit, I started doubting it, and then when I saw that Bardull had quick hammered I was almost sure Bardull was scum.

Honestly, looking back at it, that quick hammer is still ****ing weird and I could see it potentially being a bus.

Either way, I hope my reflex vote makes sense. I wasn't really on board with the Bunzy train until I saw that claim and then I was like "aw hell naw"

Kantrip

Kantplay
Speaking of dichotomies

one of Levi Gova scum, no?

Did Arcane Inferno bus bunzy? Are they trying to bus Bardull?

Is JeXs universally accepted to be town now? Can scum please NK him he's basically clear and I don't plan on protecting him

Kantrip

Kantplay
Murder is Levi still on your rader?

Are you caught up?

Can you keep posting? I liked the string you had going.

Kantrip

Kantplay
(The commentary on everything going on around the time of Bunzy's claim and subsequent lynch is very valuable and I liked what Murder had to say so far. That was a huge event in the thread that is ripe with connections.)

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Alright, we're caught up. We got our heads together, we looked at the game.

We're pretty sure there are two mafia left. Just on simple numbers. 12 man game, 3 mafia. I don't care about Independents at the moment, or at all, really.

Right now, our lynch pool is two players large. We have a safety net, but it would take some major revelation to adjust the original pool.

Here are our full reads on the cast, Towniest to Scummiest:

BURDERMUSH: We're Town. The only reason this is a section is for @#HBC | Ranmaru 's benefit, as his opinion is the only one I care about right now. Zen had a post the previous day phase where he pointed out that our intentions were not scum motivated. You have a tinfoil hat on right now, and are explaining your scumread by saying 'Oh, it's Ryker.' With the way you're approaching it, we can't be Town in any game because there's always that bizarro-world chance of 'That's what he wants us to think'. At this point, you can lynch us, and still win the game, so what I want from you is to consider the game from multiple angles, instead of looking through the lens of 'If Murderbush flips scum'. Just listen to me, alright champ?

@JeXs : 0% chance this slot is scum. We've reached the same conclusion that Leviathan did, and likely in the same manner. What he has given us this game just WOULD NOT come from a scum slot, and the way he reacted to the vig claim is TOO Town.

@ #HBC | Amidamaru #HBC | Amidamaru : We made the comment that the only way we could be scum in their eyes is some bizarro-world where we just played everyone. Amidamaru is similarly Town here. The only way this slot could be mafia is if he's played us all for fools, and if so, deserves the win.

@ #HBC | Leviathan #HBC | Leviathan : We (obviously) hate hate HATE how the way this slot chose to play Day 1 (and almost all of Day 2), and believe you me, at least one of us will probably flip our **** in post-game. HOWEVER, this slot did not spend 50 pages bussing Dabuz. And is currently the only one making sense. He's undergone a COMPLETE attitude shift coming into this Day phase, which makes NO sense when he is given more than enough room to come in and destroy our slot. With him, Amidamaru and AI on board, and our slot not even present, there would be stopping that lynch, and scum Leviathan would walk away scot-free.

@ Kantrip Kantrip : His direction, both this phase, and at the end of the last one, lines up within 1 or 2 spots of our own, and even where I disagree, I can see where he's coming from. IN ADDITION, this slot replaced Alakaslam. As we all know, Alakaslam did jack **** to advance the game, but he claimed it was alright to be mislynched so he could establish a meta and quote 'Unleash the curse of Alakaslam'. I don't think scumAlakaslam makes that comment.

Furthermore, I do not believe there is a Jailer in this game, because I do not believe there is a both a Jailer AND a Roleblocker. I do not believe, on either Night phase, that Leviathan was targeted by a Jailer. And I now believe that he WAS actually roleblocked.

Now, I do not believe that the roleblocker would have roleblocked Leviathan LAST NIGHT if the roleblocker was Town. Potassium made a post in Day 2 in which he confused this game for another one, where someone claimed to confirm the presence of a Town Roleblocker. Following the just established thought processes, we do not believe that the roleblocker we are dealing with is Town. There's no way that ScumPotassium intentionally mixes up the games, in order to seem unaware of a scum roleblocker.

Thus ends our list of the definitely Town players. This group can go all the way to LyLo. As it stands, we definitely will have one of these slots alive in a LyLo situation, and under no circumstances should they be lynched.

@#HBC | BarDeeZy : This slot is really close to the next slot on our Town list. Both of them are Town reads. This slot is Town, primarily due to his actions surrounding the Dabuz hammer. Dabuz claimed Cop, with a Guilty on Bardull. Disregarding his motivations, unless you find a way to prove to me that he was trying to set up a scummate, rather than get one more ML, and putting us in LyLo, look at Bardull's hammer. Doing so, he put himself under CRAZY scrutiny and removed all chance for the scumteam to force a Cop-counterclaim. Additionally, a scumflip from either AI or Gova helps Bardull immensely, given his stances on the two, so I really wouldn't lynch him with both of those two still on the table.

@ Lore Lore : Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would guess that about 3/4th's of this game has reached a point in reading this slot where they were going to say 'Okay, Werekill's Town' and then Werekill said something that caused that caused a follow-up thought along the lines of 'No, no, no, no, will you PLEASE just shut up and making me re-think my read.' We've been on this seesaw all game, particularly when a Leviathan-Werekill scumteam made sense to us. As that is no longer the case, we have re-evaluated our read. We've highlighted how Werekill passed over a god-given scum opportunity to not lynch Dabuz last phase, but he moved his vote, long before it was necessary. He's been given a NUMBER of similar chances to jump onto wagons, and has skipped over them almost every time. When he opens his mouth, it makes me want to put my head through a wall, or jump off a building, but despite that, I read this slot as Town.

These two slots are Town reads. Not Town leans, Town reads. And given the context of the game, if a ML forced us to re-evaluate these 6 slots we find Town, these are the two we would re-evaluate.

@Arcane Inferno : Look at the reads list we highlighted a moment ago. Dat **** be whack, yo. There's no excuse for such a shoddy readlist at this stage in a game, and Gheb's feeling that he shouldn't have to explain an unsubstantiated Gova Town read (or a Murderbush scumread) reeks of anti-Town motivation. And if you look back at Arcane Inferno's posts, you'll notice how they highlight things, such as how Leviathan's claim looked bad, or how Murderbush's claim does not make them scum, but then leaves a backdoor to walk through, allowing them to play both sides.

@ Gova Gova : The last slot we have to talk about is Gova. I believe Ryker said he could read him by Day 3. The results are in: ***** is scum.

Now, I doubt it will be a surprise to anyone when I am greeted with passive-aggressive amusement for this post, full of phrases such as ''loooooooooooool" or 'obv', or maybe a dash of 'hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'.

This game, Gova has DODGED RESPONSIBILITY. Even as early as Day 1, where he queried us on 'Have you considered this?', rather than asserting his own conclusions based on said consideration. The content Gova has provided has been lacking. We get sparing stances, yet he always seems ready to argue if someone's talking about him. Any expression of even MILD dissatisfaction with Gova's slot is met with incredulity about how you could be so incredibly stupid.

Recently, I believe he even posted (unprompted) about how Levi wasn't satisfied with him because he wasn't active, when the complaint (in reality) was that Gova had not done much, and what he had done had included two pushes that Leviathan disagreed with.

As we pointed out earlier, there was a spot where Werekill moved his vote, when he had the opportunity to take an easy lynch, or at the very least, no action. Gova managed to do BOTH on the Leviathan almost-lynch, by leaving his vote where it would do no good, but offering to hammer Leviathan.

im unsure about AI; their posts today resonate with me as i agree with the things they've said;

you

scum defend townies all the time; this isn't new; it's an easy way to get town cred for being right (if they end up getting lynched) and/or bring that person over to your side and vote with you
This post shows precisely what we think the scumteam is aiming for.

Gova wants a Murderbush lynch, and when asked where he wants to go on a Murderbush Town flip, answers Leviathan. That is the double ML the scumteam is aiming to end the game on, hopefully secured by a Leviathan unable to prove his role for the third time.

These two refuse to substantiate their reads on each other, and have by far the least reason to be read as Town. This earned them the bottom spots on our scum list. Yet inexplicably (I can only assume it's inexplicable, because neither one of them explained), they each have the OTHER on their very short Town lists.

Vote: Gova

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
At this point in the game, our focus is not so much finding the remaining scum, as it is FIRST ruling out who it could not possibly be. We would like to put forward (and see who disagrees with flat out removing) Amidamaru, Leviathan, Jexs and Kantrip from the lynch pool.

This leaves you with two scum between Gova, Arcane Inferno, Werekill, Bardull and ourselves.

From here, it is simply a case of whittling it down further. You have our take on the entire game, so start talking to me.

Even if you lynch US, talk to us about that pool. This is the place to win the game. Good night everybody.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
From that pool, werekill in my opinion. I don't know what angles you'd like for me to look at. At this point, I'm still skeptical of you. If you are town, then you are wrong and should be looking into Levi.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I want the two of you to talk to each other. I want you two to get together. Get all of your ducks in a row. Reach a conclusion. Then respond to what we have said. After that, you can ask us for anything more that you need.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
This game, Gova has DODGED RESPONSIBILITY. Even as early as Day 1, where he queried us on 'Have you considered this?', rather than asserting his own conclusions based on said consideration. The content Gova has provided has been lacking. We get sparing stances, yet he always seems ready to argue if someone's talking about him. Any expression of even MILD dissatisfaction with Gova's slot is met with incredulity about how you could be so incredibly stupid.
regarding the "have you considered this"; so now it's scummy? when i asked it ryker said something along the lines that was what he was looking for; and i asked you to get your opinion before coming to my own conclusion; yours was that he was scum; mine was not; im guessing the lacking content comes from d2 as i know youve said i had a few key posts d1

Recently, I believe he even posted (unprompted) about how Levi wasn't satisfied with him because he wasn't active, when the complaint (in reality) was that Gova had not done much, and what he had done had included two pushes that Leviathan disagreed with.
clearly you only read the joke and not the serious part; i asked him to show how i was doing that; i can say a person is sitting back and watching town implode but without some evidence it means nothing; one of those pushes he talked about was murderbush and if i remember correctly he said i pushed you d1; which was not true; if i misread that post and he meant the push on you d2 well then i don't really care what he thinks

As we pointed out earlier, there was a spot where Werekill moved his vote, when he had the opportunity to take an easy lynch, or at the very least, no action. Gova managed to do BOTH on the Leviathan almost-lynch, by leaving his vote where it would do no good, but offering to hammer Leviathan.
okay; i would have preferred to lynch you over leviathan at that point considering your fakeclaim and you had some momentum at that time; i offered to hammer to show that i would support his lynch

These two refuse to substantiate their reads on each other, and have by far the least reason to be read as Town. This earned them the bottom spots on our scum list. Yet inexplicably (I can only assume it's inexplicable, because neither one of them explained), they each have the OTHER on their very short Town lists.
why dont you go ahead and show me where ive said AI was town; i can tell you right now i havent; so dont go putting reads on my list

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
1.] Levi I hope you have a good reason for thinking Bardull vs Arcane is SvT past "they're both so scummy, one of them has to be scum!" I'd love to hear it.

2.] I don't see why you want to leave Gova right now. You think he's likely town all of a sudden?
3.] no

10hypocrites
4.] Speaking of dichotomies

one of Levi Gova scum, no?

5.] Did Arcane Inferno bus bunzy? Are they trying to bus Bardull?
1.] I do, and it was said pages ago. Go find it. Stop trying to be clever when you're very clearly not.

2.] Yes, I think he is likely town, hence me putting him in a pool just posts later.

3.] The "hypocrisy" was explained. It is scummy to take advantage of a TvT situation. It is not scummy to take advantage of a SvT situation. Read the game.

4.] Maybe.

5.] ...Maybe? Why are you throwing out all this speculation with no direction? What does it accomplish?

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Vote: Werekill

@ #HBC | Amidamaru #HBC | Amidamaru

Stop tunneling Murderbush. You are ignoring everything you were thinking about him before the Bunzy flip; you are getting too caught up with his interactions (or lack thereof) with Bunzy. Come back to your initial read because I like this lynch a lot.

I will switch my vote to any of the four in my pool. With myself, JeXs, Potassium, and Murderbush being unlikely to vote Murderbush toDay, we just need one other slot to get onboard with us for power on the lynch.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Look at the bolded. I do not think Gova deflects to scum Werekill like that. In addition, look back to what we said about Werekill. Him moving his vote was weird, it was in such a convenient place to sit around and do nothing with, or take the slightly riskier route, and remove Leviathan with.

Around the same timeframe, Gova left his vote sitting where it would do no good, and offers to hammer Leviathan (prior to Dabuz's claim), which would do as much as possible to absolve himself of responsibility of the hammer vote.
how is that a deflection; leviathan mentioned werekill as taking part of the dichotomy so it only made sense that i bring him up as well; he was part of the point i was trying to make

3.] The "hypocrisy" was explained. It is scummy to take advantage of a TvT situation. It is not scummy to take advantage of a SvT situation. Read the game.
except you havent explained the hypocracy; people can read the game and come to the conclusion that one of you or murderbush is scum because they don't know your alignments; yet you're still calling them scummy for it; one of the only ways you could know it was a tvt situation is if you were scum

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Am I at L-2 all of a sudden?

At this point in the game, our focus is not so much finding the remaining scum, as it is FIRST ruling out who it could not possibly be. We would like to put forward (and see who disagrees with flat out removing) Amidamaru, Leviathan, Jexs and Kantrip from the lynch pool.

This leaves you with two scum between Gova, Arcane Inferno, Werekill, Bardull and ourselves.

From here, it is simply a case of whittling it down further. You have our take on the entire game, so start talking to me.

Even if you lynch US, talk to us about that pool. This is the place to win the game. Good night everybody.
Hm. I can agree with taking Jexs out of the lynch pool. Levi I'm iffy on now but eh. Actually, I can agree on Ami too even if he's annoying so far to have to read. Kantrip I'm leaning town again after his response, so maybe on him.

I'm going to reread Gova. I've generally liked his content, but you brought up a good potential point about him only talking about himself. A reread will show if this is true or not.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
except you havent explained the hypocracy; people can read the game and come to the conclusion that one of you or murderbush is scum because they don't know your alignments; yet you're still calling them scummy for it; one of the only ways you could know it was a tvt situation is if you were scum
No, they do not know our alignments, but there is more than enough information available with which to make an accurate guess by now. I think the only way anyone could misread Murderbush (or myself, really) by now is if they were a Townie picking up on all the wrong things and overthinking, or if they were scum trying to take advantage of the momentum the slot had going against him early in the Day. No, I do not know it is TvT, but I am confident enough in my reads that I am going to work off that assumption and give others grief for it because if I do not, I am allowing scum to take any stance they want on the matter without holding them responsible because, "Oh, he read the game and came to that conclusion. That is totally fine."

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Prod dodging, I've been busy the last days and I couldn't reach frozen. I'll have something soon.

:059:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
DAY 3, VOTING LIST

(2) Gova - Potassium, Murderbush,

(2) Murderbush - Arcane Inferno,Gova

(1) Leviathan - Werekill

(3) - Werekill - Jex, Leviathan,Admidamaru

Not voting - ,Bardull ,

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline is August 8, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Where did we say that? We said he got hyper defensive whenever someone mentioned him.
"The content Gova has provided has been lacking. We get sparing stances, yet he always seems ready to argue if someone's talking about him. "

That's what I mean, I should have worded it better. I still need to do that reread, but I was surprisingly busy yesterday. Sorry.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
We have 48 hours, many of which the two of us will not be here for. (Tournaments, exams n' ****, yo)

We have a few things that need to be covered as soon as humanly possible.

@ #HBC | Amidamaru #HBC | Amidamaru @ #HBC | Leviathan #HBC | Leviathan

You saw that post we did with our reads list? You saw that comment we made about cutting down on possibilities? We blew most of our credibility. You two are the ones holding this Town up at the moment. You need to get both of your asses in gear, and post VERY DEFINED reasons for who you WILL NOT lynch. We'd stake our lives on the Kantrip/Jexs reads and have our lynch pool down to 4. If you throw US in that lynch pool, it's down to 5. I highly suggest you draw the line at the same mark, and if you disagree with the people we've ruled out, you need to explain why. And don't take the lazy route. Don't say your lynch pool is X. Don't even say you agree with what WE'VE put forward. Short or long, put down an explanation for every one of your reads. This INCLUDES your scum reads. Hash out the direction you want to go, so your intentions don't get twisted when you get NK'd.

Secondly, these 5 people in the lynch pool that I've put forward, let's be real. All you ****** is gonna be in every consensus Town read's lynch pool. These 5 slots need to claim TODAY.

Anything that can help decide who goes first is important.
To that end, we'd also like for anyone with information clearing or suggesting a clear on THESE SLOTS to come forward with it.

Third: Looking further into our personal 4-man lynch pool, you still have our reads list. Going solely off of what we've been given, and in accordance with our earlier post, our biggest scumread is Gova, followed by Arcane Inferno. However, we need to make some clarifications:

First: Arcane Inferno vs. Bardull cannot be SvS. I don't buy it, I don't think it's possible. That would be one hell of a hard bus. That said, we believe it to be SvT, because we believe AI is scum. However, we are not ruling out the possibility that these two slots could be TvT. This means that there are not TWO scum between AI and Bardull.

Therefore, we believe there HAS to be one scum between Werekill and Gova by PoE.

Once more referencing the difference in their behaviors WRT the Leviathan and Dabuz wagons of yesterday, we believe that if there is only one scum present, it's Gova.

So that said, we still want to lynch Gova toDay, followed by Arcane Inferno, then Werekill, and finally Bardull.

But the important thing to note is that NO MORE than one scum lies between Bardull and AI, and AT LEAST one exists between Werekill and Gova.

Now, what I need from you guys, is to stop sitting on your asses. ALL OF YOU, not just Ami/Levi (But especially them) and to start talking about these conclusions and who you think is scum. We need to start eliminating possibilities and identifying connections.

And if someone thinks WE'RE scum, they're going to have to do the mathematics on it. You need to start now and also begin pressuring these four slots into claims.

We are VT. We're one of the Gerudo female Elite Guards from OoT, we just claimed Nabooru to make it sound more credible as a vig claim. Our role PM mentions that one of them was in a previous Sleepover Mafia, but we are NOT the same guard.

We would very much like @Arcane Inferno to claim next, as we find them the ones best capable of forging a convincing fake-claim, when given the rest of the information from the other claimants. The order for the remaining three matters little to us.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
If there is almost assuredly scum between Gova and Werekill, why would we not lynch them back-to-back if the first flips Town?

I agree that Arcane Inferno needs to claim in his next post.

I will have more time later. I do not promise to adhere to the guidelines you presented because they are largely unnecessary, but may do so on further evaluation.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Our perspective does not include us. We think AI is more likely to flip scum. We think Bardull is the least likely of the four to flip scum. Therefore it doesn't matter what order we lynch them outside of lynching the ones we think most likely to flip scum as long as we don't have to lynch Bardull. Unless you have a connection on a Werekill or Gova flip that would make us want Bardull more than AI.

Top Bottom