• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

Arcane Inferno

FrozenFlame|Gheb
If the town read on Kantrip is complete bull****, then why are you so set on getting him to change his opinion? What's your read on Kantrip?
Wow, way to rip points out of context. I am NOT saying that reading Kantrip as town is bull**** wtf. I'm saying that you can't read Kantrip [and Jexs] as town with such certainty unless you're scum knowing his alignment.

Me, I'm kinda leaning town on Kantrip myself. I've had him piled as null until lately because he hadn't done a lot and we haven't had any interactions up until now but he's starting to remind me of the confused town Kantrip that he used to be before he took that break from mafia. He's low down on my priority list.

Arcane Inferno

FrozenFlame|Gheb
But yeah, thanks for confirming to me that your 'scumread' on me essentially boils down to you not agreeing with my reads or not understanding them in the first place.

Can we please lynch Bardull already?

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
@ #HBC | Leviathan #HBC | Leviathan

That's another nail in the coffin, isn't it?
I cannot say I find it as damning as you do.

I am having difficult narrowing down that pool. BarDulL has yet to say much of substance toDay, Gova wants to spend the next 2 phases lynching you and me, Werekill has flopped and questioned reads he has no right doing so this phase (myself and JeXs). Arcane is the only one who looks like he is even attempting to make sense this phase. There are a few things that confuse me, such as him townreading Gova to the extent that he does while calling JeXs null, but alas.

For now, I am going to stick to Gova/Werekill which I believe holds the highest probability of getting us scum while waiting on the claims.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Ninja'd.

So, you think, as scum, Kantrip would intentionally bring up an ongoing game in order to muddy the waters about him not knowing the role blocker was on his team? Are you insinuating that Levi is scum, that the roleblocker is town (this includes a jailer) and is still targeting Levi?

You think Kantrip belongs anywhere near a lynch at any point remaining in this game?

Arcane Inferno

FrozenFlame|Gheb
So, you think, as scum, Kantrip would intentionally bring up an ongoing game in order to muddy the waters about him not knowing the role blocker was on his team?
Considering how purposeful a move it would be if intentional, I don't see why it shouldn't be given a thought tbh. You're operating under the assumption that everybody except you is ******** imo. Don't see why Kantrip shouldn't be given the credit to pull such a move. And if you're unwilling to do that, it's not that unfeasable that one of his scummates could've told him to do that in a hypothetical scenario.

You're right though that there's a good chance it was town move, I'll give you that. But excluding him entirely from your considerations is definitely taking it too far for a townie who wants to win this ****.

Are you insinuating that Levi is scum, that the roleblocker is town (this includes a jailer) and is still targeting Levi?
I don't think Levi is scum.

You think Kantrip belongs anywhere near a lynch at any point remaining in this game?
Yes but not now or anytime soon. Maybe if the game comes down to like 2v3 or 1v2 when all options need to be considered.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Considering how purposeful a move it would be if intentional, I don't see why it shouldn't be given a thought tbh. You're operating under the assumption that everybody except you is ******** imo. Don't see why Kantrip shouldn't be given the credit to pull such a move. And if you're unwilling to do that, it's not that unfeasable that one of his scummates could've told him to do that in a hypothetical scenario.

You're right though that there's a good chance it was town move, I'll give you that. But excluding him entirely from your considerations is definitely taking it too far for a townie who wants to win this ****.

I don't think Levi is scum.

Yes but not now or anytime soon. Maybe if the game comes down to like 2v3 or 1v2 when all options need to be considered.
So, for all intents and purposes, you agree with me, but you can see a viable scenario where you would want to lynch him over 3 players of Werekill, Gova, Bardull, and me?

Then why are you claiming my read is 100% bull**** when you reached the same conclusion outside of an edge case scenario? I am more than ready to risk such a scenario rather than let someone get away with lynching Kantrip in LyLo?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Not sure what to make of Arcane's reaction to all this. He just came in and acted mad as ****. It's not strange for people to do this (I've done it plenty), but I don't recall him doing it yet this game even when he was on scum lists before. Sure he was a bit abrasive but not like this.

I wonder what made all this different? Mind answering, @ Arcane Inferno Arcane Inferno ?

Werekill has flopped and questioned reads he has no right doing so this phase (myself and JeXs).
This bothers me. Are you suddenly untouchable? Am I not allowed to think a post by Jexs is weird?

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Not if you want Town to win, no. We have little time until deadline, let alone enough to be discussing slots who are off the table.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Not if you want Town to win, no. We have little time until deadline, let alone enough to be discussing slots who are off the table.
When I started talking about you it was pretty far away from deadline, and the Jexs bit was questioning a single post without really changing my read. If you think deadline is a reasonable excuse to call out those two actions, you're being dumb.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Damn it, I definitely said doing things that are lulzy is punch-in-nutz worthy (like claims, y'know). *palm de le face*

Ok, gonna respond to some current stuff I guess, then do the big ol' reread.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Kantrip, the fact that you implied that you felt Dabuz's claim was somewhat believable in-thread reinforces the rationale for why I put him out of commission, otherwise I wouldn't have quick hammered. =P

I agree with most of MB's stuff, but if Levi actually is Town, then that means MB has been wrong all game, so I'm still being careful around that slot.

AI...omg. LOL. Gheb/FF, you guys do not have 'perfectly legitimate reasons' for voting for my slot >_> your goggling stems from me having a 'similar persona' when I can retain my persona as any alignment. Come on mah dude. I think you're reaching super hard at SvS regarding myself and Dabuz...like you're just going too far for something that isn't real and makes no sense. Now THAT is bizzaro world stuff.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Fair enough on the quick hammer point.
Read on me?
Read on AI?
Wanna lynch them with me?
Are you gonna claim?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Fair enough on the quick hammer point.
Read on me?
Read on AI?
Wanna lynch them with me?
Are you gonna claim?
You are not on my priority list right now.

AI is being a super duper stupid dumbie awful scum goggling WHOMP WHOMP person and I want him to leave me alone. :<

I still haven't reread the whole thread. Going to do the math in a bit.

I think a mass claim at this stage of the game is not going to help us considering the sheer number of VTs that have claimed or flipped (J). We're only going to bring out power roles if we keep going while helping Mafia with their NAs. I'll claim after my reread if I think we'll net scum from it though, or if like ALL of Town wants me to claim right this very instant but I absolutely do not think it is a good idea.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
When I started talking about you it was pretty far away from deadline, and the Jexs bit was questioning a single post without really changing my read. If you think deadline is a reasonable excuse to call out those two actions, you're being dumb.
If it is irrelevant to your read, why mention it? What does it accomplish? Does it help Town?

I am not doing this to be pedantic, but we are at the stage of the game where scum have to begin [if they have not already] fabricating fake suspicions to survive. I am aware that you do not have the most time due to other obligations, but we need stances from you with reasoning along with who you would lynch. You have equivocated a lot this dayphase. Gova on the other hand has made it clear that he would lynch myself or Murderbush.

For the record, I still may very well change my vote to Gova. I need more participation from the pool, specifically BarDulL and Werekill catching up and frozen getting back into the swing of things.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Right back at you Badull.

Now claim and answer my questions properly.
Listen buddy, I'm not comfortable giving or catering to any direction right now until I reread the game, which is what I'm doing right now.

I mean if if you REALLY want a general idea of where I stand, it looks something like this:

Town
----------------------
Ami
JeXs

Probably Town
----------------------
Kantplay
MB
Werekill

Scum
----------------------
Arcane
Levi
Gova

I doubt the first 3 are going to change much. MB will probably stay where he's at too. Werekill may change but I don't think he's the play based on what I remember (although there is something curious about his claim that I will mention later).

I don't trust Gova atm but I need to reread him.

I don't trust Levi because Levi's dichotomies are lame, and I still haven't forgotten that he kinda hops from lynch to lynch when he doesn't get his way (don't really get the Town MO from this play style). I don't think he's aligned with Dabuz considering how non-nonchalantly he switched to Dabuz on D1 (didn't feel like a bus) but I still think there's a good chance he's Indy.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Regarding AI: the dude is super duper unsubstantiated regarding my slot. I don't really get why he thinks I'm scum, honestly. He's grasped REALLY hard at a scum read on my slot this entire game and I absolutely don't get it. That isn't to say that I think he's for sure scum because of it because this has happened to me before, but he's going really out of his way for me. I dunno what to say about him really.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
BarDulL, Werekill, and Gova all doubting me or calling me scum at various points has me thinking that the scumteam are reading me as Indy. This would also explain why they have roleblocked me since N1. That, or my tunneling of Bunzy or untrue statements of me being Xonar.

That is hysterical.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
No, they do not know our alignments, but there is more than enough information available with which to make an accurate guess by now. I think the only way anyone could misread Murderbush (or myself, really) by now is if they were a Townie picking up on all the wrong things and overthinking, or if they were scum trying to take advantage of the momentum the slot had going against him early in the Day. No, I do not know it is TvT, but I am confident enough in my reads that I am going to work off that assumption and give others grief for it because if I do not, I am allowing scum to take any stance they want on the matter without holding them responsible because, "Oh, he read the game and came to that conclusion. That is totally fine."
on the flip side you're scaring town out from taking certain stances which is great for scum if they don't happen to fall in the lynch pool;

The super abrasive response to the scumreads pointed in your direction is absolutely disgusting, and it comes off as fake when you throw curses in a sentence about not knowing who your character is. Your anger comes off as an act and is completely unjustified either way.
speaking of fake things; is being fake scummy? cause id like to get your opinion on bardulls reaction to leviathan being xonar; btw leviathan is NOT xonar and i know this for a fact; actually it makes me wonder what murderbush was trying to accomplish by faking that information

BarDulL, Werekill, and Gova all doubting me or calling me scum at various points has me thinking that the scumteam are reading me as Indy. This would also explain why they have roleblocked me since N1. That, or my tunneling of Bunzy or untrue statements of me being Xonar.

That is hysterical.
funny you should mention this; but im doubting you because of your bull**** special exceptions and your spinning of nulltells;

unrelated but i think claiming was a dumb idea; i feel like all that accomplished was making it easier for scum to hit a PR;

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Agreed. Also consider that the scum flavor cop just died. This only helps to accomplish his job. No need for further claims TODAY. SO STOP TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE CLAIM.

If we get another scum today (werekill/murder), then tomorrow we should be good.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
DAY 3, VOTING LIST

(1) Gova - , Murderbush,

(2) Murderbush - Arcane Inferno,Gova

(3) - Werekill - Jex, Leviathan,Admidamaru

(1) Arcane Inferno - Potassium

Not voting - ,Bardull ,Werekill

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline is August 8, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
If it is irrelevant to your read, why mention it? What does it accomplish? Does it help Town?

I am not doing this to be pedantic, but we are at the stage of the game where scum have to begin [if they have not already] fabricating fake suspicions to survive. I am aware that you do not have the most time due to other obligations, but we need stances from you with reasoning along with who you would lynch. You have equivocated a lot this dayphase. Gova on the other hand has made it clear that he would lynch myself or Murderbush.

For the record, I still may very well change my vote to Gova. I need more participation from the pool, specifically BarDulL and Werekill catching up and frozen getting back into the swing of things.
It was just me feeling that Jexs's wording was odd and commenting on it. I like to sometimes think through things in the thread like that.

On the rest, fair enough. I still feel that it was still silly, but I admit that it IS getting to that point in the game.

I'll try to be more active tonight, but I'll probably go to bed earlyish in two or three hours.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Agreed. Also consider that the scum flavor cop just died. This only helps to accomplish his job. No need for further claims TODAY. SO STOP TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE CLAIM.

If we get another scum today (werekill/murder), then tomorrow we should be good.
How about you **** off if you aren't going to explain why claiming is a bad thing. If anything puts those remaining two slots (Gova/Bardull) under a scum sniper lens, then that's ****ing wonderful.

Your "Nah, it'll be okay, we'v got one more," ideology is only going to serve to get us a mislynch and face a LyLo where scum do not have to substantiate their claims past that phase. All of the town pieces we can have at this point are still alive. The lynchpool is as trimmed down as it's going to get short of an AI or Bardull scum flip. If you think that any claim will EVER be useful, then explain to me why it isn't now. Explain to me why it is we should wait. Explain to me why the **** a throwaway role like scum ****ing flavor cop (big ****ing do-dah) should matter at all.

You aren't substantiating anything anymore. You refuse to analyze and talk to me about the reads I have, denying me my chance to re-evaluate or to convince. That's ****ing unacceptable for another townie at this stage in the game. I've been constantly keeping everyone updated on exactly what I was thinking about this game for the entire game. After struggling to do that, I come in here at the end on your scum list. That I can handle. With you voting Werekill. I can handle that too. But you not explaining to me where I'm wrong on Werekill since I concluded something different and supplied it and ASKED PEOPLE WHY THEY DISAGREE, is something I can't handle. You cockblocking my request for roleclaims from the lynchpool without significant reason when I have specifically outlined why I believe it to be a good thing and why waiting is a bad thing. You come in and ignore all of it and instead say we shouldn't because it makes the dead flavor cop's job easier? What does the scum team shooting in our lynch pool do other than help us?

I am on your scum list. I get that. I don't get why because I don't think you've explained it (and playing with your hand close to the vest is some horse **** at this stage in the game), but you've got me as scum. That's ****ing fine, whatever. Don't ****ing ignore it when contradictory reasons show up to your conclusions after MULTIPLE REQUESTS for such dissent to be voiced.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Starting to dislike MB after this recent post. Still rereading, but no one claim please for the love of studio ghibli and everything amazing that comes with it.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Starting to dislike MB after this recent post. Still rereading, but no one claim please for the love of studio ghibli and everything amazing that comes with it.
ok. You dislike MB's post. But why? That's all we want to know. Why?

Top Bottom