• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm probably not going to vote for Werekill, sorry Ami. We'll see though. I'm still trying to figure out a couple things.

JeXs

Smash Champion
What are these extremes you speak of? The fake claim yesterDay?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
How about you **** off if you aren't going to explain why claiming is a bad thing. If anything puts those remaining two slots (Gova/Bardull) under a scum sniper lens, then that's ****ing wonderful.

Your "Nah, it'll be okay, we'v got one more," ideology is only going to serve to get us a mislynch and face a LyLo where scum do not have to substantiate their claims past that phase. All of the town pieces we can have at this point are still alive. The lynchpool is as trimmed down as it's going to get short of an AI or Bardull scum flip. If you think that any claim will EVER be useful, then explain to me why it isn't now. Explain to me why it is we should wait. Explain to me why the **** a throwaway role like scum ****ing flavor cop (big ****ing do-dah) should matter at all.

You aren't substantiating anything anymore. You refuse to analyze and talk to me about the reads I have, denying me my chance to re-evaluate or to convince. That's ****ing unacceptable for another townie at this stage in the game. I've been constantly keeping everyone updated on exactly what I was thinking about this game for the entire game. After struggling to do that, I come in here at the end on your scum list. That I can handle. With you voting Werekill. I can handle that too. But you not explaining to me where I'm wrong on Werekill since I concluded something different and supplied it and ASKED PEOPLE WHY THEY DISAGREE, is something I can't handle. You cockblocking my request for roleclaims from the lynchpool without significant reason when I have specifically outlined why I believe it to be a good thing and why waiting is a bad thing. You come in and ignore all of it and instead say we shouldn't because it makes the dead flavor cop's job easier? What does the scum team shooting in our lynch pool do other than help us?

I am on your scum list. I get that. I don't get why because I don't think you've explained it (and playing with your hand close to the vest is some horse **** at this stage in the game), but you've got me as scum. That's ****ing fine, whatever. Don't ****ing ignore it when contradictory reasons show up to your conclusions after MULTIPLE REQUESTS for such dissent to be voiced.
The language here is extreme, for one. Perhaps it's not translating well through the internet, but it just reads as volatile. I think you want better positioning, but you have to consider your play this game and where you stand. You're not out of everyone's scope yet.

Two, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO ALLOW ME TO GET SNIPED >:[ *smack*. Also, I was pretty sure you guys were town reading my slot in the beginning of the phase (and yesterDay upon a Dabuz scum flip).

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Uh, wow, that post came out totally wrong. I was actually commenting on that string of posts and found it hilarious and lost some of the post somehow. I do have notes I've been taking, it's just been kinda slow because I'm trying really hard to stay focused and not skim.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
God damnit this is taking forever.

Some stuff though:

#343 Bunzy ignores MB's approach. Remedies this in #346 by saying he likes MB's approach...but wasn't MB on Protean's nutz?

#362 Werekill has a bit of an OMGUSy style.

#365 is AI's first vote on my slot. It's admittedly a prod and apparently I have a similar persona to Monster Mafia. I was scum in that game, but I can carry my persona as any alignment.

Leviathan's first dichotomy is mentioned in MB's #372.

I don't really get Leviathan's push on Dabuz in #425.

#543 AI finally comes back after hiatus and begins hard pushing me. This push is really unreasonable honestly LOL I mean ok it's fine at the beginning of the game I suppose but he's totally wrong. He's also wrong about J, but cool about JeXs.

#602 I feel like MB is giving me a town pass REAAAALLY early, but ok fine. He seems really confident in it though at this point in the game.

Kantrip feels so out of left field coming into the game LOL. I guess I don't blame him though.

#632 AI's post sucks. The dude basically ignores that I've stated I can carry my persona through multiple games. Also, he says I'm cautious in this game, but he also stipulates that I'm not cautious at all as scum in other games, isn't the play still mechanically different? I don't get his case on me lel.

#639 AI is a poopoo face.

#640 I'm ok with leaving Leviathan alone because I like his substantiation here.

#701 Werekill has been pretty accurate in his reads, and I don't really get the impression he is trying to lynch anyone.

#806 Werekill gives another accurate read on Protean. Hrmm. No pushes from this slot yet though.

#825 Dabuz's case against Levi reads definitely as him phishing for the Levi lynch. I really don't think this was a bus.

#839 Werekill kinda worries me because he hasn't pushed ANYONE so far but he has been right on everyone else.

Kantrip/Gova/Arcane has been missing. *groan*

#877 WTFFFFFFF. Werekill has been saying J isn't Scum, but he finally says "Ok yeah I'll kill off J>Bunz>Gova in that order." I don't even get it...how are Gova and Bunz close to each other? *groan* Ok I am officially getting a little worried about this slot because these pushes came outta nowhere and don't make much sense to me. Actually just checked back on this, one post from Murder and Levi was like "yeah ok lets beat dis kid up."

#882 Kantrip bugs me because Werekill turned his back on his J read and said "ok lets kill J" and Kanty is ok with it. WAT!

#904 Arcane says J and Bard are fine lynches. Fack this guy >=P. I don't like that he isn't really substantiating himself regarding J or myself.

TL;DR - I'm ok with leaving Levi alone after reading 25 pages in, I still think he's a poop for trying to set up silly lynch scenarios though.

MB is still ok.

Kantrip isn't on my brownie townie list atm honestly. He was like nowhere to be seen early game and never substantiated himself...*groan*.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Vote: BarDulL

One of the scummiest slots in the game and deserves to get lynched without question.

Arcane Inferno is almost assuredly Town from his latest response, I think he's getting too caught up in trying to wrap his mind around my claim and having difficulty seeing past it.

@ #HBC | Amidamaru #HBC | Amidamaru

Your reads are bad. You have no idea what you're doing. You're the worst Town slot in this game and are contributing to throwing it. You might as well be another member of the scumteam. In my next post, I am going to go into great detail why your latest posts are horrendous and if I fail in showing you the light (which is likely with how hopeless you have been this game) then I promise you that I will at least succeed in getting Town to ignore your opinion. I'm letting you know this ahead of time.

Today we lynch BarDulL, Bunzy, or Murderbush. More details regarding this and my updated reads in my next post.
I don't get it, why did you change from Dabuz to me in this post?

Ok, this is ****in strange.

Levi is your number one scum read, and you feel "pretty damn sure" he will flip scum. Then you immediately unvote because you "could be wrong" about his role.

What the **** does his role have to do with your read on him? You spend most of D1 frothing at the mouth to kill him, and now that he has a role he can "prove," you back off. I have Levi as a town read, and even I can see ways that he can prove his role but still be scum (courier, for example). If you're so damn sure he's going to flip scum, why back off when he suddenly has a really strange claim?

You said it yourself, you don't want to give him another Day to be scummy. His role has nothing to do with that concept if you have such a hard read on him.
In fact, the more I'm thinking of it, the more I dislike it.

Bunz, you've done nothing but make useless posts, make an absurdly hard push on Levi, then back off of it completely and move on to Bardull. If you have such a hard on for Levi and see him as likely to flip scum, why move on to Bardull when several other players are still ok with getting rid of Levi? I'm struggling to find reasoning other than "lol he can prove his claim!"

On the Levi note, I don't like how reachy your case was on him earlier, especially with how much you apparently think he'll flip scum.

In a lot of ways your slot has been more useless than Bardull's, especially earlier in the game.

Vote: Bunz
I actually like this reaction though. Would Werekill do this to his scum buddy?

I did? Mind showing me where this is.

Well if i'm trying to show how Bardull ISN'T scum hunting, then the most logical approach is to show every post, even ones which don't matter at all. What's your point?

Considering Bardull is scummy as all hell, i'm fine now with letting Levi live one more day because if (big if) he's telling the truth about his role, having a confirmed townie and preventing a ML is helpful. If he's lying then w/e we kill him toMorrow and lynch another scummy slot in the mean time.

Highlight is contradictory, you say I make useless posts but having 2 hard pushes means I've made useful posts. On Levi, explain to me, -why- is he town? What makes his play town play? Finally, explain your scum read with more analysis then "you're more useless than Bardull."
This interaction doesn't seem like SvS honestly.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Nevermind, him putting me at L-1 on D2, among other things, is sealing the deal for me. He has been turning his back on his stances when it's convenient and has not at all been making his own real pushes. But this means him and Dabuz were distancing each other with just words, but not hard actions.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
So while I was gone, Bardull was put to L-1 by Werekill.

Unvote

Vote: Leviathan
Levi-Werekill scummates looks so obvious now with Werekill's extremely vague reasoning for Levi town and him pushing to end the day out of nowhere with throwing Bardull to L-1, it looks like he cares about protecting Levi more than anything else. I'll be here and on to discuss stuff actively from 3pm EST to whenever.
This is another reason why I quick hammered Bunzy, for people who are still really unsure about my slot because of the quick hammer. How does this post AT ALL make sense from a cop point of view that has a guilty on me?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Alright, I've pretty much read everything over...and pretty much reached the same conclusions as MB. LOL! Sorry that took so long, but I had to be super duper sure things were going to be fine. My claim really isn't necessary though, you guys need to relax.

I'm definitely looking at Gova and Werekill. My only quirk regarding Werekill is that there was TONS and TONS of distancing going on if it was SvS, which isn't unreasonable only because there were certain parts of the game where it didn't really make sense for Dabuz to focus on Werekill. I prefer Gova moreso because Gova has been severely lacking in presence and has been trying to undermine a lot of slots that I don't think are scum (i.e. MB, Levi). Gova stayed away from Bunz lynch and never actually touched Bunz once I don't think.

Kantrip really isn't super townie though, think MB might be getting played by the slot. People need to reread Pottyface and double check themselves.

Arcane is super poop.

Vote: Gova

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Ok, I am not really in the proper mindset right now for mafia. I did my Gova reread and found myself agreeing with MB, but my head is just all bluh right now from having to focus hard on shooting. I'll be fine from Sunday onwards, but that's how it is this week.

Since I'm finding myself agreeing with MB, I can trust his judgement. My lynchpool is aligned with his as well, for the most part.

I will not be voting for MB, Levi, Jexs, Ami, and to a lesser extent Potassium (I liked his responses to me earlier). That leaves Gova, Arcane, Bardull, and me. Out of those four I would likely pick either Gova or Arcane to vote for; I'm not voting myself, and Bardull's responses have been fairly ok. Gova is iffy for reasons stated by MB, and Arcane is acting really ****ing strange toDay.

I fully admit that it is mostly PoE, but that's all you'll mentally get from me like this. Sorry, I'll be better next week. If any of those have a wagon formed under them around deadline, I am fine with either dropping the hammer or just voting.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
How about you **** off if you aren't going to explain why claiming is a bad thing. If anything puts those remaining two slots (Gova/Bardull) under a scum sniper lens, then that's ****ing wonderful.
i agree but claiming isnt necessarily gonna keep anyone under the scope; at least if no one claims, scum has to decide if they want to hit a potential PR or hit someone that's more of a threat

I prefer Gova moreso because Gova has been severely lacking in presence and has been trying to undermine a lot of slots that I don't think are scum (i.e. MB, Levi). Gova stayed away from Bunz lynch and never actually touched Bunz once I don't think.

Kantrip really isn't super townie though, think MB might be getting played by the slot. People need to reread Pottyface and double check themselves.
things first; how is lacking in presence scummy in my case? presence is relative and we all have less than slots like ami and levi

same for my supposed undermining of other slots; is that scummy? do you feel that leviathan who has (im pretty sure) openly admitted to undermining slots he thinks are town, is scummy as well?

do you have any thoughts on AI other than that he's poop; for real i mean come on

and i agree that kantrip is not as townie as some people seem to think

@ Lore Lore , @ BarDulL BarDulL

gonna need both of you to explain what you agree with MB about regarding my slot

regarding werekill; i persoanlly dont think he would bus unless someone instructed him to; which is why im having a hard time seeing him as scum from his play wrg to dabuz

Arcane Inferno

FrozenFlame|Gheb
Would rather lynch Werekill than Gova. With my two strongest scumreads hopping Gova wagon there's no way I can support that route at all anymore. @ #HBC | Amidamaru #HBC | Amidamaru Would still love to hear your summary on Werekillscum. Levi's point were as insufficient as expected.

Arcane Inferno

FrozenFlame|Gheb
So, for all intents and purposes, you agree with me
... no

Starting to dislike MB after this recent post.
He's being scum or dumb at the moment. The extremes he has taken, or is willing to take, has me scratching my chin in disappointment.
This is such fake bull****. You think MB is being dumb or scum ... so why are supporting his push anyway? Either your actions don't add up at all or your 'read' on MB is just randomly thrown out for the sake of distancing yourself from him. Your #2367 looks pretty whack as well and kinda leaves your options open wrt to how you gonna handle him in the future. It can be interpreted as you changing your mind on him being 'dumb or scum' or it can be interpreted as you having a genuine argument with him over it.

Not seeing how @ #HBC | Amidamaru #HBC | Amidamaru reads this slot as town, let alone obvtown <_<

Kantrip

Kantplay
AI do you not see how a scum Murder claiming Vig like he did on a town Levi is setting himself up for a lynch when he gets the Levi one and Levi flips town?

Do you not see how that is a 1 for 1 trade?

Why would Murder do that as scum?

Similarly, anyone scumreading me: Look at my behaviour towards the Bunzy lynch. I genuinely thought I ****ed up by impulse voting him and putting him to L-2 and when Bardull voted him I legit thought he was scum and I just enabled an alpha strike type deal. If you can go through that event in the thread, quote my posts, and explain the thought process that went through my scum head as I lynched my partner, then I'll concede that the doubt on my alignment is fair. What Murder brings up about my slip-up confusing games is also true. Thinking there was a town role blocker in this game due to another role's information is kind of a strange thing if I am scum aligned with a mafia role blocker (or am one myself). Unless you guys think I faked that mix-up as an intentional ploy. Honestly I think it would be kind of underhanded to purposely fake mixing up games as a scum tactic.

Bardull, if you are a PR (which it seems you're hinting at), that's even more reason to claim. Anything that makes you a NK target over slots that are universally townread is a good thing.

Gova, you too. One of you is likely getting lynched toDay.

I'm not feeling the Werekill lynch first for the record.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
AI do you not see how a scum Murder claiming Vig like he did on a town Levi is setting himself up for a lynch when he gets the Levi one and Levi flips town?

Do you not see how that is a 1 for 1 trade?

Why would Murder do that as scum?
probably because it's not a 1 for 1 trade; that's assuming best case scenario where scum dont get a night kill off; realistically it would be a 2 for 1 (mislynch + nightkill) + there's no guarantee town would have actually come together to lynch him the next day; i like to think we would have but i can't say for certain

also you should get to that question i asked you

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
I am done with this Day.

I would lynch Werekill before Gova.

I would lynch BarDulL before Arcane.

If Murderbush wants me to swing my vote around for the sake of forcing claims, I will assist him in that. Give the word.

Otherwise, onwards with the beheading and flip. Please end Werekill's time.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Gova what was your q again?
something about bardulls reaction to leviathan being xonar and whether or not you think it's fake/scummy

@ Dramatic Flair Dramatic Flair

why did you claim nabooru; and i dont mean because she's major character so it lends more credit to a vig claim; i mean why nabooru specifically

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Close to our flavor. Unlikely to be a in the game since there was already another Zelda character flip and what I assumed was a scum safe claim Zelda.

i agree but claiming isnt necessarily gonna keep anyone under the scope; at least if no one claims, scum has to decide if they want to hit a potential PR or hit someone that's more of a threat
There's absolutely no threat from potential PRs in the lynchpool. There may be a threat from actual PRs if they claim, but if they save such a claim and tomorrow is a LyLo scenario, then being a PR gives you absolutely zero protection from lynch and any results not 100% proven are going to be considered WIFOM. Explain to me why scum is going to even consider not killing one of Ami, Levi, Jexs, and Kantrip if they are not given express reason to do so?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Close to our flavor. Unlikely to be a in the game since there was already another Zelda character flip and what I assumed was a scum safe claim Zelda.

There's absolutely no threat from potential PRs in the lynchpool. There may be a threat from actual PRs if they claim, but if they save such a claim and tomorrow is a LyLo scenario, then being a PR gives you absolutely zero protection from lynch and any results not 100% proven are going to be considered WIFOM. Explain to me why scum is going to even consider not killing one of Ami, Levi, Jexs, and Kantrip if they are not given express reason to do so?
not understanding the bolded. is that in reference to J's flip?

they might be more interested in hitting whatever stopped their nightkill; and assuming a scum roleblocker; it increases their accuracy of hitting priority targets; meaning our PR's would also be less likely to get proven results; i dont see why this game is any different with regards to the mass claim; most games save it for lylo; and right now i dont really see how claiming has helped town

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So I shot the best rounds I've ever shot then ****ing embarassed myself in the final. I've still got tomorrow and I'm technically still in third, but ****.

I'll be here to vote anyone in my earlier lynch pool tonight, but I am DEFINITELY not in the right frame of mind. Especially after some bull**** drama happened. If anyone doubts that I just **** myself today, I can pm Rockin to pm the link to scores plus my name. I'm just not entirely comfortable having my name floating around non-private boards.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
not understanding the bolded. is that in reference to J's flip?
Levi's claim.

they might be more interested in hitting whatever stopped their nightkill; and assuming a scum roleblocker; it increases their accuracy of hitting priority targets; meaning our PR's would also be less likely to get proven results; i dont see why this game is any different with regards to the mass claim; most games save it for lylo; and right now i dont really see how claiming has helped town
That's a GOOD thing. Any scum night action thrown into this pool is a great thing. Means the night kill and/or role blocker are currently otherwise occupied.

Let's be real, you're not an investigator with any valuable results. If you claim it in a LyLo situation, then your results are going to be meaningless anyway. You're probably not the doc (and if you were a claim pretty much nails down the game to at worst a one scum game between AI and Bardull assuming you lynch Werekill and then me). You're not a vig or you would've counter claimed me when you were looking to kill me earlier. If you claim VT, then you nail it down in stone now and I don't have to deal with you claiming anything else in LyLo in order to end the game.

Also, this isn't a mass claim. It's a targeted set of claims based on the remaining lynchpool. I will not lynch outside of you and Bardull until I get a claim from you two.

And finally almost every game has a point where massclaim is more beneficial before LyLo because of how unreliable claims are in a scenario where they don't have to face repercussions for their claim.

No one in this game has given anything close to a valid reason for not getting claims from Gova/Bardull.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
I'm substantiating a few reads. I ate alot today and skipped pull-ups just for this, so be grateful *******. Gym closes in an hour.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Levi's claim.

That's a GOOD thing. Any scum night action thrown into this pool is a great thing. Means the night kill and/or role blocker are currently otherwise occupied.
except that by claiming what we've effectively done is made sure scum isn't gonna shoot in this pool because the majority of us have claimed vt; if we had not claimed it would have been better; cause what happens when bardull and i claim vt? now scum has a very narrow pool to choose from for a night kill and roleblock; meaning that we're likely to lose information on what stopped the night kill; if it cleared anyone and whatever else is out there;

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Forcing the pool to commit when there is zero chance of scum roleblocking or killing any of them is more important anyway. I am not scum, but even I - as a Town player - can see what stopped the nightkill. There is unlikely to be any power role outside of mine and the one that stopped the night kill to have much of a meaningful impact on this game.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Forcing the pool to commit when there is zero chance of scum roleblocking or killing any of them is more important anyway. I am not scum, but even I - as a Town player - can see what stopped the nightkill. There is unlikely to be any power role outside of mine and the one that stopped the night kill to have much of a meaningful impact on this game.
I don't think anyone actually stopped the night kill. I'm thinking there is no protective in this game.

Top Bottom