• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
And why would my scum mates instruct me to spam? It was already known that I was being passive yesterDay. Don't you think a sudden change would put me in a weird spot? Would an experienced player instruct me to do this?
So you admit you have scum mates? /joking

Now that Bunz is maybe back on the table, I'll finally make my reply to him. I just didn't feel like flat out getting ignored because people were acting crazy over Levi.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
@ #HBC | Leviathan #HBC | Leviathan : I wish I could man. Zen really wants Were. I can see the scumminess yet I can't fit it in arc/dabuz/jex like I said. Convince him on it please. On Jex, I wanted to know what you think of him not being able to answer why he was being passive yesterday:

Why are you being more passive?
I really don't know lol. It just happens. Might be because school just started >.>
This is Ran. Sorry Zen, I had to answer this. I'm really out by now. Rest is Zen posting.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Ok ran. This is legit pissing me off. I REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHY SO STOP HARPING ON THAT LIKE WTF. Am I supposed to ****ing fabricate some **** to give a reason??

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
To be frank, and not to completely side 100% with Murderbush, but you've pretty much all game given up on your hardest scum reads when you feel they aren't in your grasp and you simply move on to the next easy lynch available. He is not in the wrong to think that.
D1 I wanted Protean- and stayed on Bunzy for the rest of the phase when I realized that Protean- was probably idiot town. A scum read changed to a town read.

ToDay I wanted Bunzy, then went to BarDulL, then switched back to Bunzy. None of my pushes have been easy, this Town is going so hard in the wrong direction with me on the opposite end of the spectrum that this entire game has been an uphill battle. Opposite of anything "easy" or "convenient", sir.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
D1 I wanted Protean- and stayed on Bunzy for the rest of the phase when I realized that Protean- was probably idiot town. A scum read changed to a town read.

ToDay I wanted Bunzy, then went to BarDulL, then switched back to Bunzy. None of my pushes have been easy, this Town is going so hard in the wrong direction with me on the opposite end of the spectrum that this entire game has been an uphill battle. Opposite of anything "easy" or "convenient", sir.
You went very hard in the paint on protean, then just gave up on it and switched to Dabuz whom I think was already getting some flack. Then toDay people started pushing in my direction and you jumped aboard, which was easy for you to do. Then you jumped right back off and onto Dabuz when Dabuz has already been getting flack. The last three of your pushes have been extremely easy. The first push was just wonky and you went so hard in the paint for no good reason that everyone pushed back against you.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
@ #HBC | Amidamaru #HBC | Amidamaru

JeXs and Arcane Inferno cannot be on the same scumteam. Arcane came into the thread early D1 when JeXs' name was being tossed around and said "JeXs is my strongest townread"; that is not how the frozenflame half of the hydra treats his scumbuddies. JeXs not being able to explain his different approach is not the huge scumtell you think it is; sometimes I approach games differently than how I do other times without being conscious of it or putting much thought into it. This argument was used on J D1 (J isn't actively leading Town! He must be scum because he is on the sidelines!) to catastrophic results. No need to repeat that; he is probably Town.

Werekill/JeXs/Arcane does not make any sense. You really think Bunzy, Gova, BarDulL, and Potassium are all Town? No, there is middle-of-the-pack scum in this game and I promise you that at least one member of the team is sitting back as Town eats itself alive. Tell Zen to trust you on Bunzy or just lay down the vote and tell him to deal with it.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm not even really sure where some of your read switches are coming from, or why you're ok with giving up on someone you think is scum to settle for someone else who is 'less scummier.' Just seems so whack.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
You went very hard in the paint on protean, then just gave up on it and switched to Dabuz whom I think was already getting some flack. Then toDay people started pushing in my direction and you jumped aboard, which was easy for you to do. Then you jumped right back off and onto Dabuz when Dabuz has already been getting flack. The last three of your pushes have been extremely easy. The first push was just wonky and you went so hard in the paint for no good reason that everyone pushed back against you.
No. Read the game.

I went very hard in the paint on Protean- because he was making outlandish cases on people who did not deserve it for stupid reasons. Bunzy has not been getting flack this entire game; everyone has been ignoring him while he rides the waves. I jumped aboard because I read you v Arcane as TvS with the latter looking Town through his interactions with me. You can get out of this thread if you are seriously suggesting that me pushing Bunzy is some kind of easy push; I am the one who started any negative push on the slot for the entire game and I am going to stick with it until I die or Town loses. You have a poor understanding of the momentum shifts in this game.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ami, your speculation is starting to piss me off.

Stop trying to form scum teams before we even get one scum flip, stop wildly guessing people's roles to attempt to justify paranoia, and stop jumping all over the ****ing place.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
I'm not even really sure where some of your read switches are coming from, or why you're ok with giving up on someone you think is scum to settle for someone else who is 'less scummier.' Just seems so whack.
Read the game.

Bunzy I have had as hard scum the entire game.

Read the game.

I said him and yourself were equally scummy.

Read the game.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I honestly don't buy it, and I honestly think you're just trying to lynch players out of convenience.

I don't think you think I'm scum either. Why am I scum or as scummy as Dabuz?

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
If you don't buy it, why are you wasting both of our time with these inane questions that will not change your mind?

You're scum because you haven't been scumhunting. For someone who is trying to use the garbage "convenient" and "easy" line of rationale for suspecting me, you were pretty content to just roll with Town D1 without looking elsewhere. The most you did was push back on Arcane for pushing you (you have an OMGUSy style to anyone who pushes you, first Arcane is gross for doing it, now I am) and nothing else. Today, admittedly, was a little better with you throwing out some suspicions on Gova and Potassium and urging Town to look in their direction because they were being largely ignored, but you had to have your feet put to the fire and here you are back on me. It is pretty hypocritical that you are accusing me of easy and convenient pushes considering your track record this game.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
@ Dabuz Dabuz

Let's make the lynch between you and me toDay. If I get lynched and flip Town, you get lynched tomorrow. If you get lynched and flip Town, I get lynched tomorrow. You already have 2/3s of the scumteam figured out, so this should be a no-brainer. Deal?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
For Town to get a better read on both of our slots of course. You give up easily when it comes to trying to change someone's mind too. "Inane questions that will not change your mind." Who can truly say with any sense of certainty that these answers won't change my mind? Certainly not you. And they certainly aren't inane, but thanks for the compliment.

I haven't been scum hunting as much as I'd like to be, but I've still been scum hunting. I can't help that I'm busy making 200% sure that I receive all the financial aid I'm allotted for college, alongside moving out, and all that jazz. I'm a busy ************ but I still like playing Mafia on occasion. I understand that might scare some people because there's always the plausibility that I'm scum coasting while barely putting up enough content to carry my way through the game, but I'm not the type of dude to pull that shtick.

I never voted Arcane, and I also think I'm substantiated in saying Arcane is full of poop because his scum read on my slot is COMPLETELY unsubstantiated, and you yourself acknowledged this when you said he was scum earlier in the game. So let's not confuse OMGUS with "man, you know, Bard is right that Arcane is poop." The fact that he's kept up this read is pretty worrisome considering it's still as unsubstantiated as ever, and we're far and away from RVS with a lot more content. That's not to be confused with an OMGUS, again, because if Arcane said you were scummy because you smell like carrots, I would say the exact same thing about him while you'd be thinking to yourself "wtf why is he saying I smell like carrots" and people would say you're being OMGUSy. And before people say "Bard, that's a wonky analogy," it's wonky enough as it is for him to retain a scum read on me for this long over something as negligible as me "retaining my persona from Monster mafia." I'm tired of people saying I'm not capable enough of pulling this off, but I am. I'm not a brick head, FFS.

I'll be back later. I have to wage war with cal grants.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
I don't think calling me easy to give up is fair considering I've attempted to defend myself and/or explain my actions for most of the accusations thrown my way. I took you saying "I'm not buying it" as going all-in on the lynch.

Fair enough regarding that explanation.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
I said that you were town yesterday. As in Day 1. In other words I feel like you were playing pretty towny yesterday, but I feel like you're playing really scummy today.

Potassium calm down. How people react to the speculative possibilities is how I personally go about rooting out truth. Sometimes I need to eliminate certain factors to confront forward. You have to realize that my speculation is never a part of my reason for calling someone scum. I would never argue to lynch someone on speculation.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Leviathan, letting Werekill live would be an incredibly bad thing to do. We aren't lynching bunzy, we aren't lynching you. I've let you all have your way too long and it's getting a bit ridiculous. Town is headed straight for the gutter if anyone but werekill is lynched yet again.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Leviathan, letting Werekill live would be an incredibly bad thing to do. We aren't lynching bunzy, we aren't lynching you. I've let you all have your way too long and it's getting a bit ridiculous. Town is headed straight for the gutter if anyone but werekill is lynched yet again.
"I've let you all have your way"

Bit of an ego here.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Werekill, Bardull and Bunzy are being infinitely more grimy than Levi, I must say.

Murder's game-long hard-on for Levi is almost more distracting than Ami's sense of direction.

Arcane Inferno has all but disappeared with recent developments and Gova is yet to show up.

JeXs continues to think he's playing by liking posts and asking for explanations of ****ing everything with no original thoughts or sense of direction.

And I don't know what the hell is going on anymore.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
my other potential approaches for the day include:

gova
kantrip

kantrip has pretty much been sidelining all game, this slot deserves more pressure but with the way things have been rolling it has pretty much come down to this huge battle between leviathan and murderbush lol and everyone else ends up being too distracted to check what's going on on the sides.

gova gives me bad vibes because he doesn't have a ton of presence and has been very much a background player this game. it's hard to tell where this slot truly wants to go because he hasn't really been in the nitty gritty of things. also his earlier push on protean (who is town) and now apparently murderbush (who i think is town) makes me think there's a good chance he's scum.
Why not question these slots since you feel that way?

If it came down to you or Bardull, Levi, I would pick Bardull. However, I want to at least see a claim or get my post against Bunz posted, but does that post even matter anymore? It's almost like no one besides me, you, and Jexs care anymore about the slot. I thought we could maybe get support, but I'm not getting thay vibe anymore.
If you want people to care about my slot, then make a case on my slot.

His posts just strike me as really townie.
For future reference JeX, you should always be ready to explain your reads based on play and content rather than feel.

Vote: bunzy
Mhhhhhmmmmm, go on, explain.

I don't fully understand why Ami isn't scum reading Levi anymore, explanation? Potassium, have you fully caught up with your read started on post 1509?

Kantrip

Kantplay
@ Lore Lore I still need your reads on those who were on the Levi wagon.

@ Dabuz Dabuz Don't deflect Levi's challenge. Respond to it. If you don't agree to it, why not? Do you really think he is going to flip scum, or are you scum who knows he's town?

@Arcane Inferno Can you make a list from most to least desire to lynch out of Bardull, Bunzy, Levi, and Werekill? Also are you suspicious of Murder and/or Ami?

@ BarDulL BarDulL What was the suspicion of me and Gova about? Is that still a priority for you, or have you thrown it on the back burner? And you also suspect Arcane Inferno, correct? How about lynches that actually have a chance of happening this Day phase? Which do you support? Which would you stonewall?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I find this funny, because I am mirroring that same sentiment regarding Leviathan.

Talk to me. What do you fear here? Why is Town heading to the gutter for lynching Leviathan, who, if I recall correctly, you have as scum?

I have made it absolutely transparent that I also believe Werekill to be scum. However, I don't understand why you think Werekill is more likely to be scum than ****-slinging and garbage-reads Leviathan.

Are you somehow worried that WEREKILL of all people is going to slip through your fingers? I assure you that so long as we're standing, Werekill is the next stop after Leviathan.

As I said earlier, I believe that Leviathan is more likely to flip scum than ANY slot in this game, and quite frankly I AM scared that he'll slip away from it by bussing one of his scummates, which bad Townies will give him credit for.

There is NO chance Werekill makes it through to end-game and even less of a chance that he would be able to mislead Town if he did, so talk with me openly, because the only thing I can assume from your 'doom and gloom' post is that you are afraid Werekill will get away due to Arcane Inferno's insistence on Bardull.

Talk me through it, because I doubt either of us will get what we want without the other's support.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
@ Dabuz Dabuz Don't deflect Levi's challenge. Respond to it. If you don't agree to it, why not? Do you really think he is going to flip scum, or are you scum who knows he's town?
I don't see any reason I should acknowledge, let alone accept the challenge from a player who is most likely flipping scum, it doesn't help town, it's pointless, it's really just stupid as a whole; realistically if Levi flips town (biiiiiig if) i'm dead anyway toMorrow, yet i'm already voting Levi, so I truly don't see the point of his "challenge".

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I would really like to see your opinion on Leviathan, Werekill, and Bardull.
idk; ever since the claim; i've been confused on whether or not i think leviathan is scum; i just can't see the reason why he would claim the way he did as scum

werekill idk either; i would say he's town but at this point in time a lot of people are saying he's scum; i've personally never seen him live past d1 as scum soooo looool

and bardull's "excitement" at discovering that leviathan is xonar seems really fake; my impressions -> "oh yeah i wasn't too worried about leviathan but now that it's been revealed that you're xonar you're so scum"

speakin of that; that was a pretty scummy move both in and out of game

@ Gova Gova : Yo get on this. All I remember is a "Levi +1" and your HMMM post today. Currently I don't like your tone, and would love your support on Levi as that can help me read you and others. (The flip) Also talk to me about Potassium and Arcane. Reads on them?
i dont like your tone either; "town is gonna lose if we don't do this"; great attitude btw

idk; the one thing i saw from potassium i liked is that if levi flips town -> murderbrush is scum; the one thing i can agree with

arcane seems fine as well i guess; it's hard to tell;

Regarding the Bardull v. Levi as plays debate, I have to side with Gheb on this one in that Bardull is the better play atm. Depending on what people have to say w.r.t. Levi's connections to the slots I mentioned and how we can use his opposite treatments of those slots to try to figure out which one is more likely to be his actual strategy as scum in his given situation, I could be convinced to go that route.
so; is it that leviathan is more likely to be town? because in the two scenarios you mentioned; it sounds like you think it's a stretch to assume that one of those things is happening; i'd think in that the two scenarios you gave; it would make more sense if he was town

To be frank, and not to completely side 100% with Murderbush, but you've pretty much all game given up on your hardest scum reads when you feel they aren't in your grasp and you simply move on to the next easy lynch available. He is not in the wrong to think that.
kinda like how murderbrush unvoted leviathan at the end of day one making it more likely for J to get lynched even though they wanted leviathan all day? oooooo spoooky

Kantrip

Kantplay
I retract my Bunzy scum on Levi scum claim. They are not aligned.

Bunzy is scummier than Levi.

Ami is all over the place but their jumps make sense to me. For the most part. I disagree with a lot of them, but I don't think they're scum.

Murder's tunnel vision for Levi, even in the face of Levi responding to all pressure in what I think is an adequate fashion, is off-putting. Murder not even considering letting Levi try his ability again is also off-putting.

I believe the team to either be Murder+Bunzy or Levi+Werekill.

There is a large list of potential thirds, but right now this is what is important to me.

Murder and Levi are both very valuable if they are town. TownMurder can obviously be a great asset towards a town win, and a townLevi cleared by his ability can do so also.

I think Protean had the right idea when they voted Murder from the grave based on them dying. It's the only reason I could see them dying before Murder/Arcane/Ami, because there's no way all three of those slots are scum.

Now I know this is a big 180 but I think the lynch should 100% be between Bunzy and Werekill. And call me crazy but I'm leaning Bunzy.

Vote Dabunz

**** dabunz

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Bunzy reply coming eventually. On my phone and chilling out because hey, Friday. I can give reads though.

Bunzy scum for previously stated reasons. He's one of my two players who could die today and I'd be happy. In fact, Vote: Bunz.

I vehemently disagree with Ami, but I can at least see his reasoning. Null leaning town, depending on flips. I may also just be rubbed the wrong way by Zen at the moment (his posts have been a bit too egotistical for my tastes, plus him being heavily against me), so I fully admit that I may just be iffy for personal reasons that will surely pass.

Gova isn't active, but I've been digging his content when he's actually here. Much better than J, that's for damn sure. Null, but not in a bad way. I would probably be reading him as town right now if he was actually posting regularly.

Arcane is asking super solid questions and has good reasoning. I like how he approached Levi's claim. Town.

Murder is... Hm. I severely dislike him going so hard on Levi since I have Levi as a solid town read, but at other times he asks solid questions. If Levi got lynched today I would go Bunz then Murder, in that order. The tunneling itself is nullish, but I'm just disliking how it's being directed to Levi. If Levi somehow has fooled me and flips scum, I'm fine with this slot entirely.

Potassium is asking questions and generally showing an attempt to think things through. His reasoning is fairly clear as he goes, and I like that. Town.

Jexs is behaving a bit oddly today, but he was fine all during yesterday. He also seems to be having a few comprehension issues, but nothing too major. Town unless he continues being odd toMorrow.

Levi town because bla bla, bla blabbity bla. I've been over this.

Bardull null leaning town because I actually nearly forgot about him while making this post. The rest of the players are fairly fresh in my mind, which means he hasn't done anything that has particularly caught my eye. However, I think that my points on him earlier were flat out not very good, and I'm getting a townish vibe. I may just be not reading his posts deeply enough to etch them in my memory, so I'm not comfortable flat out calling him town.

So yeah. My two lynch picks are Bunz and Murder, much more so Bunz. Murder is honestly just a big question mark that would be solved 100% by Levi's flip, but I don't like calling him scum because of Levi because hey, I could be wrong. It has certainly happened before.

Regardless, I see Bunz as the play for today. I highly doubt I'm wrong on Levi, but at least Bunz is more scummy for reasons other than just Levi. In fact, I could probably just call Murder null leaning scum and be fine with that. If I was the cop I'd investigate him, that's for damn sure.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
I find this funny, because I am mirroring that same sentiment regarding Leviathan.

Talk to me. What do you fear here? Why is Town heading to the gutter for lynching Leviathan, who, if I recall correctly, you have as scum?

I have made it absolutely transparent that I also believe Werekill to be scum. However, I don't understand why you think Werekill is more likely to be scum than ****-slinging and garbage-reads Leviathan.

Are you somehow worried that WEREKILL of all people is going to slip through your fingers? I assure you that so long as we're standing, Werekill is the next stop after Leviathan.

As I said earlier, I believe that Leviathan is more likely to flip scum than ANY slot in this game, and quite frankly I AM scared that he'll slip away from it by bussing one of his scummates, which bad Townies will give him credit for.

There is NO chance Werekill makes it through to end-game and even less of a chance that he would be able to mislead Town if he did, so talk with me openly, because the only thing I can assume from your 'doom and gloom' post is that you are afraid Werekill will get away due to Arcane Inferno's insistence on Bardull.

Talk me through it, because I doubt either of us will get what we want without the other's support.
My fear is that there is still the possibility of you being scum. If Levi is town, then there will be nothing to stand in your way if you're scum. I would rather lynch someone today who is certain to flip mafia. I am uncertain on Levi. I strongly feel he is scum, and will still likely lynch him tomorrow, but I am not 100%. Werekill is a guranteed mafia flip which is something we need right now. Town is a ball of confusion. A mafia flip will help to remove a lot of uncertainty from the town aligned players. Through this it will be easier for town members to connect the dots and stick out to each other.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Werekill who were you voting before Bunzy? Do you think there was scum pushing Levi at any point for a mislynch? Do you think that scum was on J's lynch? What happens if Bunzy is town?

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Potassium why did you feel Werekill to be scummy before you joined the game? And what made you change that?

Gova Ran is the one who made mention about your tone. Zen is the pessimist.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's in the up to page 8 analysis I posted yesterday.

His fluffy, forcefully cheerful posts really irked me is the main thing.

Top Bottom