• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
That does not make sense. Confirming myself as Town is investigative in itself. The clear is exactly that; clarification from the mod himself that there was no tampering with my result. People are too paranoid about the messenger role used in Monster; that should not be the case when it is against the spirit of the game to falsely communicate information to others as if it was the mod himself. It goes against the "No faking moderator communication" rule that should be present in standard games.

That said, if I am lynched, I do not want Town falling for some scum investigative fakeclaim in LYLO when my own role flipped should cast enough doubt on that to not blindly sheep with the game on the line. I know people like to turn off their brains as soon as the word "guilty" appears.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
He also never personally denied it. Get that **** out of here Zen.
Cause I have a reason to about it? Cause raz or were cannot see that the IP is in Colorado?

Ran doesn't know Levi btw.

Also

unvote

Ran I need to think. Imma karate chop you if you move the vote back on.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Vote: #HBC | Bunzy

Will move for BarDulL but I am going back to my initial instinct; I am done with this slot disappearing at the most crucial times only to reappear with what looks agreeable only on a surface level at the most opportune times. It is sad that we might actually lose to this slot.

Do what you will.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Cause I have a reason to about it? Cause raz or were cannot see that the IP is in Colorado?

Ran doesn't know Levi btw.

Also
unvote

Ran I need to think. Imma karate chop you if you move the vote back on.
*facepalm*

That does not make sense. Confirming myself as Town is investigative in itself. The clear is exactly that; clarification from the mod himself that there was no tampering with my result. People are too paranoid about the messenger role used in Monster; that should not be the case when it is against the spirit of the game to falsely communicate information to others as if it was the mod himself. It goes against the "No faking moderator communication" rule that should be present in standard games.

That said, if I am lynched, I do not want Town falling for some scum investigative fakeclaim in LYLO when my own role flipped should cast enough doubt on that to not blindly sheep with the game on the line. I know people like to turn off their brains as soon as the word "guilty" appears.
Listen, arguing semantics isn't going to get us anywhere, but you painting yourself as an investigative role isn't gonna happen...lol. A cop is an investigative role. A tracker is an investigative role. You claim you have a way of clearing yourself, but we've already been over this:

1. you could be a scum neighborizer, as theorized by Amidamaru.
2. you're probably going to claim role blocked, but why would scum role block you given the D1 situation?

Which reminds me, I don't understand why scum would role block you considering all that has happened. I'm not entirely dismissing the possibility of Town role blocker because it COULD make sense I guess but I don't buy it over what has been occurring in this thread from your slot.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Vote: #HBC | Bunzy

Will move for BarDulL but I am going back to my initial instinct; I am done with this slot disappearing at the most crucial times only to reappear with what looks agreeable only on a surface level at the most opportune times. It is sad that we might actually lose to this slot.

Do what you will.

*groan*

JeXs

Smash Champion
Greetings, I'm Zelda, Town Friendly Neighbor. I can target a player and reveal myself aligned with the Town. I targeted Murderbush last Night but was given a message saying that I failed.

Murderbush, reveal any facets of your role that would cause this in your next post or I am assuming that I was roleblocked.

I can use my power again. I think there is a good chance that some Townie Roleblocker targeted me due to the suspicion of my slot. I will use my power every Night Phase until it goes through. I am claiming this so Town can stop wasting time with my slot.

Scumteam

1. Bunzy
2. BarDulL / Arcane Inferno [one between them]
3. This one is harder. I would say one between Gova and Werekill if I had to guess now.

The first two are more certain. With Protean- dead, we are 50% on our way to having loud and terrible suspicions not gain enough traction to the noose. Bunzy gets lynched this Day phase, no questions asked.

Vote: Bunzy
@ BarDulL BarDulL

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
It is not semantics. It is mafia classification of roles. Informative roles are those which give you information regarding a player's alignment. I am not arguing this to nitpick over word choice; I am arguing this because it is factually correct and I do not want Town to put too much stock into an investigative role for the loss in LyLo tomorrow when my own flip would be enough to make a reasonable Town doubt it. It is a precaution.

Scum neighborizer...what? Why is that likelier than anything else? I could be a scum roleblocker. I could be a scum yakuza. I could be a cult. We can throw out roles all day but I do not see where that specific theory is coming from. And yes, I might claim roleblocked. My confusion as to why scum would roleblock me N1 is partially what prompted me to claim early toDay. I do not see how the existence of a Town roleblocker has anything to do with "what has been occurring from my slot"; that seems irrelevant.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
JeXs, neighborizer is a general term for neighbor. If you look very closely at Leviathan's role claim, he claims to be a "Town Friendly Neighbor."

JeXs

Smash Champion
JeXs, neighborizer is a general term for neighbor. If you look very closely at Leviathan's role claim, he claims to be a "Town Friendly Neighbor."
According to his claim he reveals his alignment to the targeted player. He does not create a neighborhood to chat with another player.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
According to his claim he reveals his alignment to the targeted player. He does not create a neighborhood to chat with another player.
I do not use the mafiascum definition of the term, but if everyone here uses it that way then I'll change my use of it if that makes communicating easier.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Wouldn't a neighborizer just mean he creates a neighborhood? :confused:
I'm not going to answer this question, not because I can't answer it, but because it isn't imperative to finding scum. Please focus on the game and not on the semantics of word usage or inquiring how someone came to the idea of using a word.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
@ JeXs JeXs : What is your read on Arcane? Dabuz read update? How are you reading Levi now?
@ #HBC | Leviathan #HBC | Leviathan : If you are really town, why did you change your read on Arcane (and murder)?
@mUrDErBUSh: I want you to look into Arcane's actions for me. His D2 is lack luster for me.
@ Arcane Inferno Arcane Inferno : Your content is lacking man. You aren't really trying hard to oppose this Levi push. Who is scum with Bard?
@ Dabuz Dabuz : Where in the **** are you.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Arcane town. Dabuz read still the same. No idea what to think of Levi. People have been saying his scum over and over again but I really just can't see how he's scum.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
EBWOP
he's
Such a waste of a post. :smash: This post is a waste for pointing this out but I had to. (You already had the correct grammar haha)

What posts? I don't remember anything but him calling our push on Levi baffling and then nothing else. He's trying not to step on people's toes. Please go into alot more detail.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Such a waste of a post. :smash: This post is a waste for pointing this out but I had to. (You already had the correct grammar haha)

What posts? I don't remember anything but him calling our push on Levi baffling and then nothing else. He's trying not to step on people's toes. Please go into alot more detail.
his > he's
Arcane hasn't really been active but when he does post he usually has good content, like when gheb started pushing bardull. He has also been giving new content for us to look at. I just don't see scum putting in so much work. It'd be nice if he were to be active though, but I do understand that people are busy.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I also like how he was skeptical about levi's claim and his reason for claiming.

Arcane Inferno

FrozenFlame|Gheb
@Gheb_01 Please dear God, look at these two. THESE are the people you are voting with.
Who are you even talking about? Kantrip? I have no qualms with him if you're referring to him. And while we're on the subject ... look at the people *you* are working with. Didn't Bardull join the Levi wagon only because he's supposedly Xonar's alt account? Is that really any better than what the people you mentioned have been doing? Not impressed by your argument.

But then again, I didn't get to read your longass post on why Levi is scum yet so I'll think about it later. Even if yall disagree with Bardull being the play toDay, I don't see how you - or anybody - could prefer Levi over dabuz at this point.

If Levi flips scum, Murder and Bardull are town and Bunzy is scum more likely than not. If Levi flips town, invert this.
Not sure where this is coming from. Levi town means dabuz town? Care to explain?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
So while I was gone, Bardull was put to L-1 by Werekill.

Unvote

Vote: Leviathan

Levi-Werekill scummates looks so obvious now with Werekill's extremely vague reasoning for Levi town and him pushing to end the day out of nowhere with throwing Bardull to L-1, it looks like he cares about protecting Levi more than anything else. I'll be here and on to discuss stuff actively from 3pm EST to whenever.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Good good.

Vote Leviathan

I'd actually prefer Were but there's too much "resistance" it seems. Levi I tried to get something going with ya but went offline during the little amount of time I could control Ran's blood lust (which lasted like two hours lol).

Arcane Inferno

FrozenFlame|Gheb
Alright so as I've been reading I've noticed a trend here. A lot of slots have taken some pretty strong contingent stances on propective plays for tomorrow all based on Levi's lynch:
I find Dabunz scum much less likely than Werekill scum on a Levi scum flip.
If Levi flips scum, Murder and Bardull are town and Bunzy is scum more likely than not. If Levi flips town, invert this.
I'd go towards Werekill like a bull upon a Levi scum flip. So I agree he has a stronger chance of being scum while Dabuz is simply individually suspicious to me.
Just a few examples. I feel like we have a pretty split opinion on this, which I find interesting because even though we've had A LOT of discussion about who the play ought to be today and why Bardull/Levi are playworthy specifically, we haven't had much interactive dialogue regarding how we're coming to this conclusions about what the next move ought to be. We should be talking about this.

@ people who see Levi scum -> Dabuz scum: These slots have been opposed all ****ing game. If they are both scum, they committed to hardcore distancing and were open to bus each other early.

As I've already mentioned, I see Levi's play as incredibly survivalist. Do you think that he would go through all that trouble as scum to HARDCORE bus his partner, and then when his bus was ineffective and he started taking heat, preemptively roll claim and AGAIN try to push for the bus? That's some SERIOUS desperation for town credit, and some really shaky strategic choices to get it that obviously brought his slot a lot of scrutiny. Hell, the bussing isn't even that convincing if that's what it really is.

So basically I guess what Im asking, is do you guys see all that coming from scumLevi? He's REALLY putting all his eggs in one basket hoping that he can secure a bus lynch on bunzy first to help him ride out his fakeclaim if he's scum. I feel like an argument for Levi/Bunzy SvS really has to be explained with this kind of motivation on Levi's end. Am I missing something or is this what you all are thinking?

@ people who see Levi scum -> Were scum: This requires basically completely opposite interpretation of Levi's relationship to his partners if he's scum. Werekill has been openly whiteknighting the slot all game. He hasn't really given us many arguments that actually vindicate Levi's slot, but he has consistently been espousing a Levi town read. Levi on the other hand has certainly not returned the favor. If they are both scum thats means we have werescum who is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too obvious about openly defending his partner for no ****ing good reason, and we have scumLevi who wan't nothing to do with his partner that is openly buddying him and is trying to just look over and around the slot to focus on others and not draw attention to the grimy relationship they have. These two slots don't have much connection to each other really OTHER than the fact that werekill has never supported Levi as a play, as far as what I've seen.

So is this pretty comprehensive as far as your reasoning goes? Or am I missing something else?

Basically I'm interested in how people think that Levi's overall status in this game and his approach to distancing/buddying/ignoring certain slots can inform us of his intent. He's taken a very risky strategy and been in the spotlight almost all game. This absolutely will inform how he treats his partners and what lynch orders he pushes for assuming he's scum. We need to flesh out this analysis.

Man. The more I see Pot post, the more and more I feel the need to re-evaluate Dabuz. Pot is coming off wishy washy on Were AND Levi. Are you for real with coming up with those stances, Pot?
I don't follow you here. What connection between dabuz and Pot are you seeing? And does it actually related to pot's "wishy washyness" on were and Levi or did you just mentioned these thoughts in proximity to each other coincidentally?

Cult: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cult
Yakuza: http://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Yakuza

Levi is one of these I think.

Sorry I had to post on this account because the hydra can't post links. Going to see if zv will change that.
This is taking my theory that survivalist scum Levi is trying to buy time and extrapolating it a bit too far for my comfort. Since this is Zen posting this I'm not surprised because I'm beginning to learn that Zen often does not filter his reachy ideas as town. Spontaneous fake claim to try to play me in Monster mafia taught me that. You aren't actually convinced that this is the case are you?

Cult in a 12 man seems outrageous (and not a design call I see Rockin making). Yak is more plausible (fits survivalist mentality to a T) but its such an uncommon and swingy roll that I'm having a hard time really acknowledging it as a likely possibility.

Regarding the Bardull v. Levi as plays debate, I have to side with Gheb on this one in that Bardull is the better play atm. Depending on what people have to say w.r.t. Levi's connections to the slots I mentioned and how we can use his opposite treatments of those slots to try to figure out which one is more likely to be his actual strategy as scum in his given situation, I could be convinced to go that route.

Bardull just hasn't done anything really to encourage me to read him as town all game. People who are town reading him just seem to be saying "yo its just bardeezy look at the kid yo he's just doing his thing", which isn't entirely convincing. Its just a gross slot that we don't need to keep around and much like the grimy ass slots that we HBC'd in Monster it just seriously needs to gtfo.

And as much as I hate to admit it Levi is right when he argues that we could be dealing with a town roleblocker. If that's the case, assuming that that slot isn't ****ing moronic if he's town, then the Levi question could easily resolve itself tomorrow without risking the mislynch. Obviously I'm not counting on this happening because I think its more like that the Rber is scum than town but I can't count the possibility out entirely.

Also if bardull flips scum and Levi comes up Rbd again tomorrow I think we can definitely take a reallllllllly hard look at Levi and bunzy since that would make a bus committed Levi extremely, extremely convincing IMO.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
@ #HBC | Leviathan #HBC | Leviathan : If you are really town, why did you change your read on Arcane (and murder)?
Arcane because when he was questioning me earlier about me claim, it seemed to me like he was really digging into my motivations in order to get an understanding of my thought process and figure out why I claimed the way I did. It struck me as a townie trying to figure out my alignment.

Murderbush because of how desperate he was to get my lynch through earlier. He is paranoid of my slot due to who he wrongly believes I am (I am not Xonar) so he feels like he will lose to a slot that has gotten the better of him in the past if he does not get the lynch through toDay. This is a psychological tell from Ryker; when he is Town and fears a player might trick the Town, he will come up with really awful reasons to suspect the slot instead of scumhunt. His insistence on my lynch and the poorness of his J read is typical throw-the-game-as-hard-as-possible Ryker from most games where he runs the show as Town.

Arcane Inferno

FrozenFlame|Gheb
Levi-Werekill scummates looks so obvious now with Werekill's extremely vague reasoning for Levi town and him pushing to end the day out of nowhere with throwing Bardull to L-1, it looks like he cares about protecting Levi more than anything else. I'll be here and on to discuss stuff actively from 3pm EST to whenever.
Ninja'd by this but another perfect example of how slots are falling into two distinct categories on Leviscumflip interpretation. We need to talk this out.

Also V/LA starting at ~5 PM today until Sunday. Marshy is visiting me and we'll be doin what dat HBC do all weekend

I'll be trying to check the thread periodically but don't expect big content from me till atleast sunday night. I'll be able to be pretty responsive while Im at work all day though.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
This is the most contrived basis for a scumread all game.

Bunzy is the most obvious scum I have seen in a long time. Lynch him after I go. There is no way this slot is Town with so much of the unbelievable nonsense he has spouted.

Top Bottom