• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia All Stars: In the end, it was Nothing Special

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Nich: pheonix wright mafia swords was survivor and counterclaimed Pierre dayvig, infamous as the worst play of all time
Oh, I forgot about that. XD Didn't realize that that's what OS was referring to.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
If I get lynched, another town member is guaranteed to die.

Oh and also, stop spelling my ****ing name wrong.

You are all morons and if town loses it's not because scum is playing well.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Sorry J, but it doesn't look like a GLG lynch will happen today, and LL needs to die.

Unvote, Vote: LL

I think that's L-1.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I can't wait to see the carnage that ensues from my daykill.

You know I would support town but my biggest peeve is mind numbing stupidity which is what I'm getting ****loads of right now.

When I flip town, go after Gheb.

Trust me, he'll be the play.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I like to repeatedly reiterate that Nich likes to tunnel. Especially tunnel me. :B

Nich, you should hammer LL to end the day whenever we're gonna end it. Capiche?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Seriously though, I love how town is supposed to go after me out of nowhere without any reasoning at all. You realize that this kind of play is getting you lynched? And now you suddenly think your supposed town flip is going to make people believe you? You've had your chance all game, pal.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Fun fact: His only action backed up with solid logic all game - his FoS on J - suddenly fades out of the whole discussion. Are we a bit flailing?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
My vote is already on him, someone else will have to hammer. (But not J, just in case LL happens to be telling the truth.)

@LL
Which char are you and from what game?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
LL, you dislike J based on his loudness, and thinks BSL is overly obviously parrotting. Is there anyone else that comes across as scummy? I'd like to get some more stances out of you.

Frozenflame, if LL takes stances, do you still view him as today's play for uselessness?

Macman, hi. Are you in this game? Who do you think is scum?
Also, are you a Mac user, or is your name derived from something else?

J, I have enjoyed prancing through fields of flowers and unicorns under rainbows hand in hand with you, but I must ask; do you think Frozenflame is scummy for wanting to run a lynch based on inactivity? I will answer this question myself with my own opinion after you do.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

When I flip town, go after Gheb.

Trust me, he'll be the play.
I missed this when writing my earlier post. Why Gheb? Why do you think he's scum? Present a case please.

Gheb: You seem a little defensive/worried about Lionel Luthor's sudden push towards you. Why so serious?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
hm

Gheb did you really need 3 posts to point out things which are so blindingly obvious?
I didn't "need" it but I like to have different subjects in different posts. It's much easier to read and answer to.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Gheb's posts would have made sense if someone had agreed with LL, but even the very next post is encouraging someone to hammer him. His case was immediately dismissed but Gheb immediately reacted with a OH NOES OMGUS.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ninja'd

Gheb: You seem a little defensive/worried about Lionel Luthor's sudden push towards you. Why so serious?
Neither defensive nor worried. Just pissed at people like him who don't do shit all game and then come up with some pseudo-claim and probably expect to ride it to endgame. This is exactly how Cacti used to play back in the day and made everybody rage. It literally ruined every ****ed he joined because if you lynch him "another townie will die" but if you don't lynch him you'll have to deal with his blatant anti-town play [let's not forget: this guy is scummy!] and the fact that he's never there when he could make himself useful.

I don't see why we should even waste our time with that BS.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
'cause I wrote my post in the Quick Reply in page 10 >_< last few posts were on page 11.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Frozenflame, if LL takes stances, do you still view him as today's play for uselessness?
He'll need some **** good, heavily substantiated and convincing stances to convince me he's not the play. He's got a hole dug for himself 6 feet deep already if you catch my drift.

J, I have enjoyed prancing through fields of flowers and unicorns under rainbows hand in hand with you, but I must ask; do you think Frozenflame is scummy for wanting to run a lynch based on inactivity? I will answer this question myself with my own opinion after you do.
do you think Frozenflame is scummy for wanting to run a lynch based on inactivity?
scummy for wanting to run a lynch based on inactivity?
run a lynch based on inactivity?
wat

When did I ever say I wanted to lynch LL based on his inactivity?

More like I started the wagon on him because of his blatant unhelpfulness and refusal to contribute in any meaningful fashion.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Bad phrasing.

@ J, do you think Frozenflame is scummy for wanting to run a lynch based on lack of contributions?

Thanks for answering my question. Mainly, I'm trying to get a feel for whether or not you're genuinely believe he's scum, or are pressuring him usefulness with the intent of lynching him only if he remains useless/anti-town.

It reminds me far too much of Moriarty in Halo mafia, a situation we just dealt with.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, Moriarty was sorta similar, but not quite what LL is.

Mor was more just unhelpful but not bellicose, and then when we tried to talk to him and see if despite his limitations he could be worked with, he just went inactive.

LL on the other hand is just blatantly, in our face, unhelpful and more or less proud of it.

So yeah, somewhat similar situations but with some fundamental differences.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
See, I would be willing to join the LL bandwagon under the understanding of- hey, this guy's being worthless, he's dangerous to keep around without stances, and it's harder to get rid of him on a later date, but if he takes some stances and contributes we can let him live.

But I'll happily drop him and go back to GLG if he contributes, because I don't feel I have any actual scumtells from Lionel, and the only reason I'd lynch him is to get rid of the giant question mark.

Since we're facing a hammer, I don't want to drop my vote until I get a response from Lionel. I won't hammer him if he takes stances on multiple players and contributes in some way.

As we're approaching the deadline, though, I'll be willing to hammer him if he doesn't give some kind of response in the next few hours.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Praxis do you think LL is going to give a defense other than Town is dumb and the other things hes been saying?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Seriously though, I love how town is supposed to go after me out of nowhere without any reasoning at all. You realize that this kind of play is getting you lynched? And now you suddenly think your supposed town flip is going to make people believe you? You've had your chance all game, pal.

I'm not your pal.

Fun fact: His only action backed up with solid logic all game - his FoS on J - suddenly fades out of the whole discussion. Are we a bit flailing?

Not really. I gave my reasons for the FoS, and they still stand. I don't see why I should be repeating myself and posting giant walls of bull****. I know that's the norm but really, I put my thoughts on him out there and that's all there is to it. At this time, there is nothing more that can be done, he wouldn't be a good D1 lynch anyway because if he were scum and one were to come to that ocnclusion off the reasons I gave, it'd take a few Days' worth of activity to get a safe read imo.

Hence FoS and not vote.

@LL
Which char are you and from what game?
I am Robert Mugabe from African Dictators Mafia.

Get out of my country white man.

LL, you dislike J based on his loudness, and thinks BSL is overly obviously parrotting. Is there anyone else that comes across as scummy? I'd like to get some more stances out of you.

I generally don't take stances on D1, as much as getting a lynch is important. You can learn a lot on D1, but usually the knowledge only becomes useful after the first flip. That's why I've been shying away from giving any sort of concrete opinion, because well, I don't have one.

The reason I put Gheb as the play on D2 (after what I believe is my inevitable lynch) is because he's a bona fide parasite. He really hasn't posted THAT much either, and his posts don't really have much in them. He's somewhat tentative at first to point fingers, then becomes more than happy to press full force on the person he knows town will have the least qualms lynching. That's pretty scummy imo, pushing the lynch with a safety net, and not exploring any other channels. Even funnier, as soon as I point a finger at him with basically what I believed to be my last post, he gets super spooked and starts screaming wildly for my hammer. If anyone's flailing it's him,

Those of you that think OS's prod dodging is suspicious, it isn't really, it's just called not having anythng to say but still following the game. If the in your face I don't give a **** attitude bothers you, then maybe you should just stop playing.

People talk about me being unhelpful, and yeah, it's because I don't have anything to offer at this point, and I don't like to bull****, so I'd rather just keep my mouth shut. People saying I'm more than happy to admit and flaunt this are right, but that's just the way I am as a person, has nothing to do with alignment or anything, I just had a bad attitude.

In case half of you haven't realised my actual forum nick is Teran, so that might explain it somewhat if you're confused.

I hate making long posts on D1.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Praxis do you think LL is going to give a defense other than Town is dumb and the other things hes been saying?
I don't have a scum read on LL. I have a null read on LL, because he won't give content. The only reason I'd kill him is to get rid of the question mark.

Now, after reading LL's post:

@ Lionel Luthor, thanks.

I do strongly disagree with your premise regarding not contributing much on D1 when you know little. There's little grounds to lynch on on D1, and refusing to commit to stances ends up being an excellent way to find scum. Seeing how people follow bandwagons and then comparing that to the information we gain later from flips is how we find scum.

Having no positions posted when the flips occur leaves you as a very dangerous player to the rest of us.

@ Frozenflame, this is what I wanted out of LL. I'm keeping my vote on GLG, unless we seem to run risk of a No Lynch.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well I've given my stances on who I find suspicious, that's all I have to offer.

Others are just ambiguous typical D1 reads.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
catching up on all the posts after mine but I gotta say this first.

The person who hammers before I say so is scum. We have about 9 hours and I am gonna use it to personally be mad at this town. ;3

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The reason I put Gheb as the play on D2 (after what I believe is my inevitable lynch) is because he's a bona fide parasite. He really hasn't posted THAT much either, and his posts don't really have much in them.
Actually, I am the player with the 3rd most posts but with my tendency to multi-post at times I'm probably "only" like 4th or 5th. I mean, if you earnestly accuse the guy with the 5th most post out of 17 players that he didn't post "THAT" much then you essentially admit that you haven't done anything at all up to now. Just using your own logic here.

And lol @ my posts having "not much" in them. I've given clear stances on Nich, Seph, J, BSL and Praxis as well as yourself - that's 6/17 players on D1 and with Xatres being completely inactive and mad replacements going on I've probably given people more to work with than most other players.

He's somewhat tentative at first to point fingers, then becomes more than happy to press full force on the person he knows town will have the least qualms lynching. That's pretty scummy imo, pushing the lynch with a safety net, and not exploring any other channels.
And to which case does that apply exactly, except yourself? I don't think anybody took a stance as clearly as I did towards J - funny you would mention that because you also were suspicious of him after I brought forth legitimate points against him. And even though I "followed" Frozen on your wagon I'd still like to think that it was a pretty bold move to do - at the very least you can't call that "pushing the lynch with a safety net".

Even funnier, as soon as I point a finger at him with basically what I believed to be my last post, he gets super spooked and starts screaming wildly for my hammer.
Except ... I didn't do that at all. I did not ask anybody to hammer you and I certainly didn't do that by "screaming wildly".

Your whole "case" is based on false impressions - I'm not inactive, I'm not refusing to give stances, I don't play with a safety net and I never asked for you to be hammered.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I wasn't announcing the lynch when i said that, i intended to say, "hey guys, let's look elsewhere for now, we can always come back to him later when we are lookin for a lynch."
ok

I actually think it's the other way round. Although it's not legitimate in my book I can see the purpose of somebody saying after a couple of days "hey let's lynch him, guys" - to draw a reaction [especially on a newer player], which can easily turn out to be useful. It can also hurt though so I'm not giving swords credit for his actions.

J on the other hand has not simply "asked" about my opinion but demanded to know from me who the play is. That looks more like a dumb attempt to nudge me into a trap by asking for such an absolute response. Swords action definitely has a lot more purpose [and a lot more pro-town purpose] than the way J's playing.
I disagree but w/e

I'm sorry but no. =/

Gheb/Macman, neither of you two explained why you voted for LL. Why should he die over LL. Plus if we are going to lynch inactives i'd rather have Xatres.

I voted LL cuz someone said to vote for LL. I think it was frozen or someone else I felt like listening to

If I get lynched, another town member is guaranteed to die.

Oh and also, stop spelling my ****ing name wrong.

You are all morons and if town loses it's not because scum is playing well.
Um, first statement doesn't really help yur case.

last one is just annoying

Macman, hi. Are you in this game? Who do you think is scum?
Also, are you a Mac user, or is your name derived from something else.
No **** macs

Whats the reasoning behind the BSL/glg lynch? I'm pretty sure I missed it or didn't pay too much attention to it early in the game when it arose.

As for OS/nich. Pretty much agree with everything frozen said about the situation. OS is annoying but i can understand how its hard to try to figure out the game d1 with lack of flips/much relevant information. Nich, directing the prs, especially the doc this early in the game is not a good idea. Everyones explained why to you, why must you continue to defend acting anti-town? Do you honestly not see the issues with it? also lol at nich missing the joke.

glg: do you have a reason for voting LL or are yu just bandwagoning?

i don't really have a strong scumcandidate right now =/ so ill just stay on LL for the time being

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I'm going to be busy from 7 PM to 10 PM tonight, so I will likely miss the deadline. I'll be checking the thread constantly until 7 and try to get a final vote stuck down for town to use before 7. Currently planning to keep it on GLG.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I voted LL cuz someone said to vote for LL. I think it was frozen or someone else I felt like listening to
Your play worries me. You're skimming, admittedly bandwagon hopping where people are telling you, and prod-dodging.

Um, first statement doesn't really help yur case.

last one is just annoying
This is such a random post to respond you when LL just posted a much better one to review >_>
No **** macs
Go die.

Whats the reasoning behind the BSL/glg lynch? I'm pretty sure I missed it or didn't pay too much attention to it early in the game when it arose.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11515984&postcount=254
How have you missed this? You even posted right after it.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Reminder: We need to look at Xatres' replacement big time tomorrow. I completely forgot he was in the game.

Well, he did. Your thoughts on LL now?

GLG, I don't like you any more than I liked BSL. I feel like you're trying to be as reserved as possible when addressing BSL's old posts, and try to push potential bandwagons on other people that look superficially scummy and easy to attack without building a case.

I'm going to keep my vote on you the rest of toDay unless there is a risk of a no lynch, and I would like to encourage everyone to pile on votes on GLG.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I literally started to type to ask that you explain that comment before I remembered he's supposed to be in this game. Don't even know who he is 0_0 Wow.

Top Bottom