• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M.A.S: Holiday "BROKEN" Chairs!!! 12/5/09 Winthrop Harbor, IL

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
good **** everyone

props
beating Rat in 2/4 friendlies
first tournament
having alot of fun
loaded nachos

cons
Karlie not getting out of pools
Not banning Mute City vs Peach
Being super tired and hungry
$7 venue fee

Seriously, i was pretty mad about John chain grabing Karlie in pools, this being our first tournament, but whatever no johns....

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
good **** everyone

props
beating Rat in 2/4 friendlies
first tournament
having alot of fun
loaded nachos

cons
Karlie not getting out of pools
Not banning Mute City vs Peach
Being super tired and hungry
$7 venue fee

Seriously, i was pretty mad about John chain grabing Karlie in pools, this being our first tournament, but whatever no johns....
you were Jeff, right? You and Karlie were both surprisingly good for it being your first tournament. Way ****ing better than I was at my first tourney. Hope to see you two improve.

awesome games rat, also ggs mundungu, quaz, oro (especially in PPL lol), and everyone else I played. good **** cosmo winning like everything. nice tourney webster. sago... stay sharp. im glad melee is so far from being dead. ps everyone go to cats4peace :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
shouts in no order:

rat- Mad close set with vro, man. i dont like cheering for one friend over another, and i kinda feel bad that i did seeing how you have had my back in the past.
vro- Every time i play you, you teach me a lot. Thanks man.
quik & scythe- You guys are friggin lucky you didnt see us in the bracket.
cosmo- You're way too good. Good job winning every tournament you entered (except low tier brawl doubles)
eighteenspikes- Good job TOing and amazing set in teams bracket. Would have made a great grand finals set.
mellow- thanks for the ninja star thing.
zach- Your pichu beat my sheik..........
sago- You suck for ignoring me all tournament
chris- fun like always :D thanks for the square(s)
mundungu- You've gotten a lot better in the last two tournaments, keep it up. Also get those vids up soon, i can't wait to see rat vs vro!
devin- Wa's gud :laugh:
josh- Thanks for bringing chris. it was cool talking with you guys
webster- Amazing tournament like expected! Cosmo said his hardest set of the tournament was against you O_O also........... deal (even though i had nothing to do with it)
anyone i might have missed- sorry for forgetting to write you up here individually. i still love you

Scythe

Smash Master
Fun tourney again Webster! Keep these going. Way too much fun. Only I felt like an ******* after every match i won lol
Quik- Chipotleway will get first next time.
Xyless- Fun talking during the car rides!
Arty- Thanks for driving!
Hunger- Nice chatting again, Snake is lame lol
Sago- That high five was intense
Akashi- I felt so bad after our set :( it made me sad. Nice talking with ya!
Chris- I felt like an ******* after our set, your Falcon is really good against spacies, see ya next time
Quaz- GGs again lol sry for camping, i felt like an ******* after this one too
Oro- Nice talking, we should Brawl+ money match!
Sveet- Fun times, but you should change the battlefield music back!
Cosmo- Grats on winning all that money. I'll keep CPing to Mute City and we need moar Link dittos
Vro- Fun doubles set! You guys can't handle the most technical Ganon in the world
Rat- Fun set. Next time i'll try to camp harder or I'll go Falco. Probably the latter. Super cool guy. and
It's crazy how in a match-up that's super slow and has a lack of combos it's super intense.
I think you stumbled upon the reason people still play Brawl. But certainly not the case for all Brawl matches : /

Also shoutout to the people in my melee and brawl pools.

Not sure if I missed anyone. I'll edit this if i remember anyone else

john!

Smash Hero
Hah yeah, that's just part of the CP system, it's what secondaries are for. I only chaingrabbed for like 50-100% per match anyway, and in my opinion Peach/Marth is slightly more lopsided than Marth/Sheik. That being said, you guys were both really good for your first tourney, and I was genuinely nervous about losing when playing both of you. So GG's and hope to see you at other tourneys. :)

ORLY

Smash Master
GGs to everyone I played!

Cosmo: I'm gettin' closer!
Scythe: Hahahah, naw man, don't worry about feelin' like a jerk. It was a good move to switch to Sheik at Burnstar.
Rat: Got it! Friend request sent.
Quaz: Sorry about losing, I was trying to win your money back! Too many Sheiks!
Vro: I'm glad I had a chance to show you my Falcon has improved since SMYM. Good to play against you again, but you made me hella nervous against Scythe! ;D

See ya'll next time!

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I never said that....
But next time, can you tone down the language while playing....
seriously, there was no reason to swear every time you lost a stock.

john!

Smash Hero
Ok. I was exaggerating because people made such a huge deal out of it when I picked Sheik...

And if it bothers you just tell me... I won't get mad... I promise. I don't get mad at others, just myself. :laugh:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
? Seriously? I feel justified in using a secondary vs. my second worst matchup. Some of us don't main top tier characters, you know. We have to find easier ways to win... ;)

i just think anyone who can't win with their main of a long time and then switches to sheik in order to win matches they can't win with skill is a ***** and a ******.

but thats just my opinion.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i just think anyone who can't win with their main of a long time and then switches to sheik in order to win matches they can't win with skill is a ***** and a ******.

but thats just my opinion.
i feel the same way, but it's still fair. there's nothing against the rules about how john acts, talks, or counterpicks. but no one likes it. if lambchops saw how john acted, he'd slap the **** out of him.
edit: i decided to be less mean, so EDIT.

and did you not make it out of singles pools, sveet?

Oopz

Smash Rookie
Glad to hear it! You guys should show up more often.
I look forward to going again!

It was nice to beat your peach because I obviously was having a hard time earlier in the day.

And changing to sheik may be understandable. But chain grabbing was lame and sucked. You just could have done it a different way.. Eh.

Rat

Smash Lord
TLDR: John is amazing. L2P sveet and ray.

Anyone who switches to sheik then CGs for the win is awesome and should be commended for winning. Playing in a tournament is not being the most skilled player it's about playing to ****ing win.

Skill is not crazy awesome combos, super technical play, or ridiculous tricks. It's about winning. For example, Cosmo is a **** good player. He does has a janky style and does wierd flashy moves, but more importantly he wins. Play to win.

john!

Smash Hero
What happened to "play to win"? If I get usmashed by Fox at 70 and die, and get irritated, it would be "no johns". But now I'm a (whatever Sveet's stars are supposed to mean)? Come on guys. What if Marth was her secondary, and she pulled him out just because Marth beats Peach? I wouldn't say she's being a (whatever), I'd be irritated, but she is good with Marth and deserved the win.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Rat.

Oopz

Smash Rookie
What happened to "play to win"? If I get usmashed by Fox at 70 and die, and get irritated, it would be "no johns". But now I'm a (whatever Sveet's stars are supposed to mean)? Come on guys. What if Marth was her secondary, and she pulled him out just because Marth beats Peach? I wouldn't say she's being a (whatever), I'd be irritated, but she is good with Marth and deserved the win.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Rat.
I think it sucks that it was in pools and you were obviously making it out of pools...

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
if you hold the control stick very slightly towards sheik when she grabs you, the chaingrab won't work past like 15%. you can still get combo'd out of it but it's the best way out

john!

Smash Hero
I think it sucks that it was in pools and you were obviously making it out of pools...
It was my second match in pools. I had three more to go.
Your Marth is very good, I'm being sincere. We played about a half hour of very close friendlies.
I played to win in tournament.
I don't get upset at people. I swear sometimes at myself because I try to push myself to get better.
I have a secondary that I use sometimes who is not overpowered.
I'm sorry.

Is there anything else I have to say to not get called names?

Oopz

Smash Rookie
if you hold the control stick very slightly towards sheik when she grabs you, the chaingrab won't work past like 15%. you can still get combo'd out of it but it's the best way out
I'll have to try that. Thanks!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
John, don't worry about people calling you names. I understand when you main sheik, but i think she is the lamest excuse for a secondary. I know for a fact you just picked her up as a secondary within the last 2 weeks, i was there.

Btw my stars were f4ggot and ***** <3

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
i feel the same way, but it's still fair. there's nothing against the rules about how john acts, talks, or counterpicks. but no one likes it. if lambchops saw how john acted, he'd slap the **** out of him.
edit: i decided to be less mean, so EDIT.

and did you not make it out of singles pools, sveet?
It's only obvious that a person should refrain from cursing as much as he did, I mean it was ridiculus. He swore everytime he lost a stock, and anytime i used down throw to F-Air.

It didn't throw me off my game, but seriously it wasn't the nicest thing to be around.

@Spikes
Yeah, I know my sig is beyond sexy!

john!

Smash Hero
If you don't like me swearing then ask me to stop and I will. Really, it's that easy. I can understand if that made you upset, but I didn't think you were, and nobody else has mentioned anything, so obviously, I never thought of stopping. But I guess I will stop if nobody likes me and wants to (attempt to) beat the crap out of me, or whatever Ray said.

John, don't worry about people calling you names. I understand when you main sheik, but i think she is the lamest excuse for a secondary. I know for a fact you just picked her up as a secondary within the last 2 weeks, i was there.

Btw my stars were f4ggot and ***** <3
I counted 6 instances of irony in this post, and one falsehood- I've been dabbling in Sheik for a while, months in fact. It was reasonable to counterpick her because she is Marth's worst matchup.

I'm getting really irritated at the bigotry and double standards going on here and would appreciate if everyone would just drop it.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
It was just annoying, i wasn't mad at you for swearing, i swear all the time. I personally just treated you swearing as you "johning" (ironic) I'm just glad little kiddies weren't there....haha

You're taking this way too seriously John, lighten the **** up....

john!

Smash Hero
You're taking this way too seriously John, lighten the **** up....
I do that from time to time. :laugh: This is a dumb reason to argue, and an even dumber reason to start hurling offensive remarks at others. I can forgive and move on and I hope others do the same.

Anyway I'm posting a lot because I don't have the usual Sunday homework and am bored.

ORLY

Smash Master
What you guys need to do is have a secondary like Luigi so you'll never even think about being anyone but your main. ;D

Wafles

Smash Lord
lol @ people bashing john for no good reason (mainly sveet?)
play 2 win, if you can't beat a sheik, get better and learn how to beat one.

Top Bottom