• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M.A.S: Holiday "BROKEN" Chairs!!! 12/5/09 Winthrop Harbor, IL

Devildigimon

Smash Lord

Grrr...:mad: "May the fuel of my anger, intensify my urge to be victorious!!!"

What: MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI (M.A.S): HOLIDAY "BROKEN" CHAIRS!!! :mad:

AND WE'RE GETTING SERIOUS!!!

When: December 5th 2009

Why: Grrrr...:mad: BECAUSE I SAID SO!!! SHOW UP OR ELSE!!! :mad:

Games played at this tournament: SSBB Doubles/Singles, SSBM Doubles/Singles, Brawl + Singles only, Soul Calibur 4, and Naruto Revolution 3.

What time does everything start? Casuals/Registration start at 10AM. First tournament(s) start at 11:30 - ish AM sharp (lol). NO EXCUSES! NO WAITING (I can't stress this enough)! NO PROBLEM (you guys read it here first)! See "TOURNAMENT TIME SCHEDULE" for more details.

Where:

J. Jireh's Coffe House (interesting name IMO ;) )

Address: 1704 7th Street Winthrop Harbor, IL 60096

Chicago Guys/Surrounding Area folks (hopefully this saves on gas, stress, or both)...

For those who are willing to catch the train, there is a Metra Train that will drop you off within 3 blocks of the M.A.S tournament venue (J. Jireh's Coffee Shop). Link provided below:

http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/up-n/station.WINTHROP.html

Here is the full schedule and time slots available:

http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/up-n/schedule.full.html

* PLEASE NOTE: Remember that prices vary based on how far you are traveling. Be sure to arrive at your train stop 15 mins BEFORE your train is schedule to depart from that stop. When on board sit tight and a conductor will walk pass and collect your monies. Be sure to listen for your automated calling for your stop. Gotta be on the ball, because they stop and go at train stops QUICK. It's somewhat easy to skip when you were supposed to get off...and that would SUCK, if you missed your stop. :(

Venue Fee: $7

Other info: Okay so this place is like the reverse Screenz (where we ran the CoB series). And TRUST ME, that's a good thing! The upstairs of the venue is spacious - filled with lighting, windows, a promising mic stero system (and oh yes I tested it hehe), comfortable charis, and a great deal of walking space (depending how many people come to this lol). And the downstairs in a lil smaller but EXTREMELY cozy and comfortable (kinda has that "at home" feeling. That is where our smaller tournaments will be ran). To the east of the building/venue there is a parking lot dedicated for us. It should be able to hold 20 vehicles no problem. But if we need extra parking space, there is an aditional parking lot across the street that belongs to the venue. The venue is clean as HELL. Oh man it's so nice!!! :bee: And being that it is a cafe, many many mnay goodies will be available for sale. Sandwhiches, sodas, pizzas, chips, muffins, bagles, coffee, cappuccino, ice cream, shakes/malts and etc. all for your convenience to purchase at affordable prices (I mean this is WI afterall lmfao). Finally, there are two exceptional hotels about 5 minutes away (I'm sure rooms there are no more than $60 a night. I will post more info about the hotels asap). For folks 21+, there is a nice bar right next to the venue and a couple more in the area too. There's gas stations, pizza joints, a Subway , and other gift stores in the area too. This is a GREAT VENUE!!!

PLEASE NOTE:
* If you bring a full setup (t.v/system/game), THAT WE USE FOR A TOURNAMENT, you pay ABSOLUTELY ZERO venue fee. Full setups brought come on a "first come first served basis". So get there early and register your setup to get that discount.

Entry fee for tournament games:

- SSBB Doubles (Wii): $10 per team mate/$20 for team
- SSBB Singles (Wii): $10 (IT'S GOING TO BE SERIOUS BUSINESS FROM HERE ON OUT FOLKS!!! LEVEL UP, OR STAY HOME!!!)

* NOTE: SSBB Singles will have pools to determine who plays in the double elimination bracket. MORE INFO IS AVAILABLE BELOW IN THE "RULES FOR TOURNAMENT GAMES" SECTION.

- SSBM Doubles (Wii): $10 per team mate/$20 for team
- SSBM Singles (Wii): $10

* NOTE: SSBM Singles will have pools DEPENDING ON HOW MANY PEOPLE ENTER THE TOURNAMENT (and are interested). If pools are had, then the same "pools" related rules apply from SSBB.

- SSBB + (Wii): $5 (Rules and Scheduled time will be updated soon)
- Naruto Revolution 3 (Wii): $5 (GET THIS GAME. Join www.willvolution.com . And become part of the new Revolution in fighting games :) )
- Soul Calibur 4 (PS3): $5

Tournament Time Scedule:

- 10AM sharp - Registration for ALL tournament games

PLEASE NOTE:
* You can either register for ANY GAME PLAYED AT THE TOURNAMENT at 10am or 25-30 mins before the tournament is scheduled to start.

- 11AM - SSBB Doubles Tournament starts

PLEASE NOTE:
* That we WILL RUN SSBB Singles Pools as soon as SSBB Doubles is finished. So there is NO SET TIME when SSBB Singles Pools will start. We guesstimate around 3:30pm (considering SSBB Doubles starts on time). After SSBB Singles Pools is over there will be a short 15 min break. And then the SSBB Double Elimination bracket will start.

- 1PM - Soul Calibur 4

- 1PM - Naruto Revolution 3

- 1PM - SSBM Doubles starts

- 6PM - SSBM Singles Pools starts (YES THIS IS THE "SET" TIME SCHEDULED TO START. After SSBM Singles Pools is over there will be a short 15 min break. And then the SSBM Double Elimination bracket will start. If SSBM Pools aren't had, then we'll just run the Double Elimination bracket first..)

Payouts for SSBB and SSBM (applied to Doubles and Singles):

- 1st: 60%, 2nd: 30%, 3rd: 10%

Payouts for all other fighting games:

- 1st: 70%, 2nd: 20%, 3rd: 10%

Rules For Tournament Games:

PLEASE NOTE:
* Tournament games will be held upstairs in the venue. Casual gaming (Rock band, other various fighitng games) will be held downstairs. NO, and I repeat, NO Money Matches (MMs)...are to be had during the tournament (unless I say otherwise). PLEASE! I want this tournament to flow as smoothly as possible. Do MMs before/after the tournament. If I call your name and you don't come, and I find out you were MMing you'll get disqualified and sent to losers/put out of the tournament if you were in losers.

You get 2 mins to report to your match (This will now be know as the "WTF Lain!!!" rule :) .

If you're money matching on a brawl setup, and it's needed for tournament, you'll be kicked off of that setup. No waiting til the end of match.

Hope everyone understands this. :mad: ... <3

* SSBB Singles

During Pools (this may apply to SSBM or ANY fighting game that has the "pool" feature):

Pools work like this:

You play vs. a selected (seeded) handfull of players in round robin. Whoever (could be more than one person, depending on how many advance outa pools) has the best record, advances to the double elimination bracket.

Less than 36 people play in pools = we'll have a 24 man bracket

More than 36 people play in pools = we'll have a 32 man bracket

During the Double Elimination bracket:

Format and Settings:
Double Elimination
3 Stocks, 8 minutes time
Damage Ratio 1.0
Best 2/3 Games
All Finals Best 3/5 Matches
Items set to "Off" and "None"

Starter Stage List:

*NOTE: IT IS UP TO YOU GUYS TO REMEMBER THE STAGE LIST. IT WILL MAKES THINGS RUN A LOT MORE SMOOTHER. I WILL HAVE A COPY OF THE STAGE LIST AVAILABLE IF NEEDED.

Neutral:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Smashville
Lylat

Counter Stage List:

Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1 (Melee Version)
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

ANY STAGE THAT IS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE IS BANNED!!! :mad:

Set format:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match

PLEASE NOTE:
* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match if needed. A T.O will come and keep track of what characters are used by players.

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure. (Who starts will be decided by playing SHANKING FIST aka RPS). Then each player will alternate striking a stage until there is 1 left. That stage is played first round. THERE IS NO RANDOM UNLESS AGREED UPON.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter pick of the set.
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

Additional Rules:
- Stalling is Banned!
- If you use any controller styles that use the wiimote you will be responsible for removing the batteries inbetween your matches. Failure to do so can result in a DQ.
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by playing SHAKING FIST.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- If a game ends with Bowser's Suicide Claw or Ganon's Arial Choke Slam the player who performed the move wins!!!
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. Also, deliberately avoiding any and all combat is stalling, where as jumping on and off the ledge doing an aerial at your opponent is simply spacing.

So with this said...

- King DeDeDe's/Any standing chain grab is banned.
- Marth's hold release infinite vs. Lucus/Ness is banned.
- You are ONLY allowed 50 planks (catch edge. release edge. repeat) a game.

* SSBM Singles/SSBM & SSBB Doubles

Double Elimination Tournament
4 Stock, 8 Mins Time
Damage Ratio 1.0
Best 2/3 Games
All Finals 3/5 Matches
Items are set to "Off" and "None"

Starter Stage List"

*NOTE: AGAIN, IT IS UP TO YOU GUYS TO REMEMBER THE STAGE LIST. IT WILL MAKES THINGS RUN A LOT MORE SMOOTHER. I WILL HAVE A COPY OF THE STAGE LIST AVAILABLE IF NEEDED.

Neutrals:

Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams* (Only allowed in SSBM Singles)
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter Stage List:

Rainbow cruise
Brinstar
Mute City* (Only allowed in SSMB Singles)
Poke Floats
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Kongo Jungle

ANY STAGE THAT IS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE IS BANNED!!! :mad:

Set format is pretty similar to SSBB, except for the following:

- Obviously anything that is STRICTLY SSBB related lol
-Controller Mods, Glitches (Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
-Wobbling is NOT banned

For both SSBB and SSBM Doubles:

-Friendly Fire will be on in teams and general rules apply (don't forget the SSBM stage specifics)

* Soul Calibur 4

- Double Elimination Tournament
- 3/5 rounds
- Default time, handicap, and soul gauge
- 2/3 matches winners/losers - bracket
- 3/5 matches winners/losers/grand - finals (no exceptions)
- Custom Characters are banned. ALL other chaacters are legal.
- Button mapping allowed
- All game breaking glitches are banned
- First stage is always random (every stage will be allowed)
- Winner keeps character, loser may change character or stage BUT NEVER BOTH.

* Naruto Revolution 3

- Double Elimination
- 3/5 Rounds
- 2/3 matches winners/losers - bracket
- 3/5 matches winners/losers/grand - finals (no exceptions)
- Default Time
- Damage Setting 1
- Stage is always random, unless both players agree.
- Winner keeps character, loser may Stage or Character, but NEVER both.
- All control use options are allowed. If using Wiimote make sure to remove your batteries from Controller or you will be sent to losers/DQ'ed (if you were in losers) if it interferes with another TOURNAMENT Match.
- Latent Ninja Power ON
- Stage Transition Off
- Obstacles Off
- Hand signs are banned

* MORE RULES FOR THE FOLLOWING GAMES COMING SOON:

- Brawl +

PLEASE EVERYONE, BRING FULL SET UPS FOR THE TOURNAMENT GAMES YOU WANT TO PLAY!!! POWER STRIPS WOULD BE NEEDED TOO...:mad:

YOU NO LONGER NEED TO BRING CHAIRS...LMFAO!!!

Don't wind-up like this guy:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5228/consandbrawns016.jpg

Thanks!!! :bee:

Landry

Smash Ace
Broken chairs... lol. Should have been something about someone on a rooftop IMO :p

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
The 5th? Yikes, that's pretty soon. Gotta step up mah Ganon :p No more 0-18 in pools!

If we get more Brawl setups, can we have more pools and play 3 stocks? 2 stocks really ****s me up.

Wafles

Smash Lord
I agree with this being earlier in December, rather than later. Less chance of it messing with finals for me.
I'll be here, like usual, and hopefully this time I can bring a setup.

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
people who play wifi at the venue should be kicked out immediately

imo.

Also 3 stock for pools? I thought 2 stock ran long enough as is, but I'm not used to pools. Do they usually take ~2 hours? lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
can we run melee singles earlier? like 5 or 6?

doubles went fast, but we sat around playing friendlies for a long time. I think a lot of melee players would have rather done the singles tournament right away than sit around for 3-5 hours.

Quaz

Smash Master
the date is coming up a little too fast for me. Plus I need a huge break from smash anyways. I'll be back in the scene eventually though.

Next time webster...

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
we can start Melee at 6pm. (i mean seriously this time.)

brawl + can be started earlier too. how's during Brawl doubles sound? so then when both tournaments are done ALL brawl set ups can be used for JUST Brawl SINGLES.

was wi-fi being played during tournament matches? like it waz a legit brawl station and instead of it being used for tournament purposes, people were playing wifi? :mad:

Landry

Smash Ace
So yeah, I'll be there. Madison people- we should for sure car pool this time. It doesn't make sense to have us all take separate cars..

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'll be there again this time. Landry, we can def carpool. We might actually have to take 2 different cars depending on how many people end up going.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
was wi-fi being played during tournament matches? like it waz a legit brawl station and instead of it being used for tournament purposes, people were playing wifi? :mad:
We didn't need the setup at the time. It was later in the doubles, and was using a station that had friendlies going on anyways.

I don't know why you guys freaked out so bad about it.

What's worse is the people who took setups away while the tournaments were still going on. They really shouldn't have had their venue fee waived down to $1. Make sure that if they leave early, they'll still have to pay like $5 or something.

Also, next time: Sponge's Wii, Revenge of the Screws!

*edit*And some more Waukesha kids aka KenniSpamcroniesamirite

Wafles

Smash Lord
There is no way in hell I would have allowed this to happen. Yeah it was just during friendlies at the end of doubles i think.
Pretty sure enough people heckled them for doing this anyway.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
SpongeJ: Ah I see. K cool, no big deal. About the Wii set up duration, people who had to leave were pretty chill about it. And they even posted earlier in the Nov. M.A.S thread that they may had to leave early. I can't be too strict about the duration rule, or people will probably not bother bringing a set up in the first place. :(

Wafles: Silly me, I knew you had things under control. ;) It's just WI-FI (wireless) is SOOOOO bad, it should NEVER be supported. :laugh: We'll have to talk on AIM soon, curious to know about the conversation between you and Chinello. :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i might go again as well..fun time last time...cosmo, wanna teamsy this time =)?
dude you should have teamed with ryan. He was that peach you dittoed in pools. He is much better in teams, we practice teams as much or more than we practice singles in our crew. He stock tanks like a mofo and knows how to save his team mate and do teamwork without really ever putting himself in danger. I think you might have gotten first this weekend if you had him on your team.

Scythe

Smash Master
dude you should have teamed with ryan. He was that peach you dittoed in pools. He is much better in teams, we practice teams as much or more than we practice singles in our crew. He stock tanks like a mofo and knows how to save his team mate and do teamwork without really ever putting himself in danger. I think you might have gotten first this weekend if you had him on your team.
Sago stock tanked like a mofo in our sets. Couldn't hit his sheik.

Edit: Def coming to this!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yea but sheik can be edge guarded and killed pretty easily. if you try to edge guard ryan at all, your team is losing. its pretty common for him to live until ~200% unless you have a good onstage kill.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Quik i'll take a rematch for $5.

and i'll take any MMs for practically any amount (that i can affort).

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Taking ALL $1 Brawl Ganon ditto MMs on Rainbow Cruise, best 2/3.

I'll take most MMs either way, but I want primarily Ganon on RCs. It's just the most fun for me.

Top Bottom