• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M.A.S: EPIC CHARACTERS ARE EPIC! 08/21/2010 Winthrop Harbor, IL

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Hope to see the low/midtier tournout is ok along with vBrawl :O

and some Brawl - :3 but so much melee this will be interesting. HYPE

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Arty

Smash Lord
Since it doesn't look like we're getting a lot of entrants for this one, teams and possibly singles should be changed to $5.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think since there aren't going to be many brawl entrants, everyone should be forced to enter melee or give me a dollar

Arty

Smash Lord
Yah, Webster you should definitely do that...
Also, me, Scythe, Quik, Raid will be there at like 2, so I'm not sure how many doubles teams there will be :(

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
melee john outs:

bzoo, chris, quaz, mundungu, cosmo, spikes

melee turn outs:

vro tink me matt tom?

:(

edit: what time do things start?

Tetsion is coming for brawl but were not leaving kirk's til ~10:30 w/ an hour drive. We want to make sure he will make it on time for brawl doubles/mid tier. Also we dont want to get there too early ;) ;)

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
k well if people are playing doubles please be there NO LATER than 11:30 AM

Melee Doubles will start NO LATER than 1:30pm

so please be on time folks...so I can start on time lol

singles will start as scheduled on 1st post

Oro?!

Smash Hero
melee john outs:

bzoo, chris, quaz, mundungu, cosmo, spikes

melee turn outs:

vro tink me matt tom?

:(

edit: what time do things start?

Tetsion is coming for brawl but were not leaving kirk's til ~10:30 w/ an hour drive. We want to make sure he will make it on time for brawl doubles/mid tier. Also we dont want to get there too early ;) ;)
Me- Family before Smash bro
Chris- Friend's wedding before Smash bro.
Quaz-Work? Or maybe didn't wanna rage :p
Mundungu/Cosmo/Spikes- Going to a tournament that should've been hyped a lot more to win a lot of guaranteed money even though the attendance will be low... too bad Kels will win or get 2nd to M2K.
sorry guys I'm still feeling really sick so I don't wanna come and get you sick too. So I won't be here
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooook :(
10 :(

Edit: Have fun everyone!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
tink didnt even show up. no tournament happened. it was matt, tom, vro, rat and i playing friendlies for a few hours then leaving.

still was fun, brawl+/- had a decent turnout but i was too tired to play the tournaments.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
mundungu spikes and cosmo traveled to ohio instead

that is nothing related to a john out

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
GUYS NEXT TOURNAMENT IS JUNE 26TH!!!

FIRST POST HAS BEEN UPDATED!!!

This is soooo much easier than creating a new thread. :D

Hopefully points will be added/updated by Wafles soon.

GET ****ING HYPED!!!

And DB is this weekend folks. Make sure you show up.

I NEEDS A RIDE!!!!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
dude.. june 26 is poe3 :urg:
see below

what... why 2 in the same month?
see below

Because the first one didn't have much of a turnout, I'm guessing.
that's partially true...

see below

Why don't you make new posts for the new tournaments Webster? Just curious, really.
Because with such short notice a new thread isn't really needed.

man thats 3 conflicts in a row
I have obligations in order to keep the venue running and available for us to have a nice centralized location to have these events (under contract). Sometimes my events will indeed clash with others but that's just the way it is. Business is exactly that...COMPETITION (if u think about it, this is very true). Sometimes folks will have to make a choice for what's convenient for them. This isn't the first time with my series of tournaments I'm sure.

So with that being said...

Actually the NEW DATE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT IS JULY 3rd, 2010.

Dark Kakashi has a Tournament/BBQ on the 26th that he posted a week or two ago on www.willvolution.com (and will be posting on here soon...hopefully), and I said I'd help with that.

On top of that I wanted to give my contact for the comedians enough time in advance to be available and put on a decent show for u guys. Then there's that Melee tournament Big D mentioned as well.

Also know that we're starting to have tournaments at the cafe twice a month. One will be for kicks to have fun, level up, live music/comedy/etc, and play video games (tournaments). The other...will be strictly tournament/possible guaranteed cash bonus (hint: the next one will be STRICTLY FOR MELEE)/gaining points for MCS!!!

GET READY FOR SOME FUN!!!

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i'll be in town for this on july 3rd

webster, the difference is that while for some people this might be a business, but the rest of us all favor working together in order to promote a larger, more unified, more successful community as opposed to the business goal of chicago monopolizing everything

Top Bottom